Old 05-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 150/150/135

Height: 5'6"

The sun and warmer weather are back - at least for today. So, I am hoping to get out with the kiddos and the stroller for extra walking later today. 30DS is done for the day...was a little bit better about the sugar yesterday, but not as good as I could have been. Have a great day!

Last edited by Delta Dawn; 05-03-2011 at 10:58 AM.
Delta Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Today is the first day taht I'm truly back to low carbing, no sugar and I took supplements today. Hoping to lose my cravings soon......grilling up some chicken and vegetables tonight and making a big salad. I'm exhausted lately. It takes me forever to get out of bed and it is such a struggle. Hoping that the vitamins help with that....There's just no time in my life to deal with exhaustion!! Almost every minute of my day is scheduled for me to be doing something....
Did not get on the scale today...just too afraid...will do tomorrow...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 AM   #33  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Tuesday: 1445 calories, took supplements, got more fruit and veggies

No exercise

I had totally planned on going for a run last night, but by the time we got back from soccer practice I was starving and wiped and just wanted to sit on the couch. Zumba, I'm having the same energy problem you have. My house and car are a mess because by the time I get home I have no desire to clean. Meanwhile things are getting chaotic and disorganized and I HATE it. I force myself to go to the gym because I know I'll be miserable otehrwise(still kicking myself for not going last night). Just had a check-up and things looked good, although I still have to get bloodwork done. But they checked my iron when I gave blood last week and it was fine. I'm defnitely drinking a lot of water and eating more protein too. Very frustrating.

Still dragging this morning but hoping today is better.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:52 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 210/Ticker/125

Default Hello All

I am Here.... Turns out it is a good thing I am not Going for a weight loss Challenge this time as I have to do some metabolism repair... I have been quite successful in dropping pounds but my body will store it if I look a anything not perfectly clean..... I don't want to live like that so I have opted to Continue with my exercise plan, But I have increased my Caloric intake and will increase again until I can loss on 1500 Cals. I'm Using the Curves Diet as a guideline. 1200, 1500, 2200. Any other suggestions on how I can my body get out of starvation mode are appreciated

So for this challenge my goal is Healthy clean Calories and exercise.

natamars: Great Job on the 5K, I so want to do one... but not yet!!!

Zumba: Push through the exhaustion, That's just your Bod in Carb withdrawal... it will pass.

Deltadawn: I cut out Processed sugar and Aspartame, I use Stevia, as a 0 Cal substitute. and I still allow myself a tsp of Brown sugar on my Oatmeal a couple days a week.

I've missed you guys !!! Good to be back.
Izzadawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:13 AM   #35  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

I'm been looking at this thread for a while ... may I join?
I did so well when I first started then I started working and things just went south. I am no longer working and trying to give my journey my all.

My goals for May would be ...

1. get out of the 170's
2. be able to do 2 full miles without stopping (treadmill/track) and/or go to Curves and/or straight Zumba (Fridays)
3. plan weekend meals and take them with me
4. remember that a snack is supposed to be a snack
5. come on here to talk to you all if I GET READY to do any OFF PLAN eating
6. keep accountable

Keep in MY mind, tell myself daily THIS IS DOABLE, THIS IS DOABLE

Last edited by love2b150; 05-04-2011 at 11:15 AM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #36  

Nice enough weather again today so that I could for walk with my daughter. 30DS done for the day...
Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #37  

Lovetobe150 Great to have you !!!!

Missed my workout yesterday, but the diet is good! I never thought it would be difficult to eat 1500 clean calories.... but it is especially if you don't eat snacks.... I am going to workOUT NOW !!!!

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY ALL.

Last edited by Izzadawn; 05-05-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:30 AM   #38  
Hopeful Member

Wednesday, good: 1 hr body sculpting, better on fruits and veggies
NI: too much processed food, no supplements, no cardio, 1485 calories

My plan is to keep my calories between 1200 and 1500, but to try to stay at the lower end. They've crept up the last few days, and I haven't done any cardio since Sunday. Think next week I will switch out 1 or 2 of the sculpting classes for some running. I'll never improve my time or distance if I don't get out there!

Packed lots of healthy food for today. Zumba tonight.

Izza, that's great that you're eating clean! I'm thinking that's really what I need to lose the last 10 or so. Have you had any withdrawls?

Delta, YAY for getting in the walk and 30DS!

Love, terrific goals! Welcome to our group!
Old 05-05-2011, 09:33 AM   #39  

Good morning everyone! 30DS over with...now if the rain would just go away, we could get outside.
Izzadawn - I have a friend who is eating every 4 hours without snacks, are you doing something similiar?
Hi love2b150!
Off to a meeting...
Old 05-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #40  

Default Hello My Friends

Happy Cinco De Mayo....

Hi all! Well the scale is starting to go down AGAIN and I can breathe in my jeans a little better. This induction period of Atkins is the pits, right now I don't feel well....shakey, kind of sickly.....but I know it is temporary until my body gets used to the carb withdrawal and I get my potassium level where it needs to be......I went into Anny Taylor Loft the other day and looked at all the cute new summer clothes they have out...that was incentive for me to get it together......lets hope I can pull it off this challenge.......

Natamars: YOu are doing awesome with your workouts!! Keep it up!!!

Love2b: welcome!!

Izza: the curves diet is a sound diet....healthy. Good luck girl!!!!!
Old 05-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #41  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks for the welcome Izzadawn you are right about that ... it is hard to get the right balance in calories without snacks (in my case the snack is usually the wrong snack or I overdo it)

Thanks for the welcome natamars which I could stay on the lower end of calories but by evening I'd be starving

Hi Delta I'd like to see your friends menu and calorie count, I think I could do that if planned it out correctly

Thanks for the welcome Zumba, I tried SB and I did ok until the 10th day. I needed a starch. I'm back to counting calories again. I did try Atkins years ago with a few co-workers I did ok with it but didn't stick it out either. Best of luck to you and hope you feel better soon that sickly feeling is awful .

yesterday
~went to Curves did the Circuit and Zumba got there early so I could go a quick round on the circuit minus the rest platforms then I did a mile on the treadmill.
~had bran cereal no milk as a snack but two servings
calories yesterday 1253 not too bad (my allowance is 1600)
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #42  

Default Month 2 Progress

Hello All
It was measurement morning and the results are in Total weight loss for the monthy 6 lbs and 4.5 inches lost. "Never to be found again"!!

I don't see these as stellar by any means, but they are results.

My Scale is not moving and I'm taking that as a good thing as I am at the 1500 cals.

A couple challanges ago Zumba helped me discover my body is better with less carbs, which is my down fall, it is too easy to have a slice of toast as a snack or crackers. I gravitate to the easy, which means I have to Plan, I have to have protien rich foods on hand so I don't fall into the easy carb snacks and meals.

natamars: Regarding Withdrawls, Nothing major But I have a tool I learned when I quit Smoking that has been helpful: When I have a craving and think I want something I will Drink an Ice cold glass of water, and go back to what I was doing.

Delta Dawn: no, I am "supposed" to be eating 3 meals and 2 - 3 snacks, Not quite there yet but working through it.

Workout Time... Bye!!

Last edited by Izzadawn; 05-06-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #43  
Hopeful Member

Thursday: good day! 1170 calories, took supplements, drank water, ate fruit and veggies, and did an hour of Zumba! I've turned down 3 invites to go out to dinner this week - hope this pays off!

Nice to see the scale back under 135. Really need to push through these next few weeks to feel solidly there. Decided to make myself some english muffin pizzas to get through pizza night tonight. Even if I'm starving and eat 4 halves, I can do it for about 300 calories. Doing another 5K tomorrow - will see how that goes. Some of the route is the same as the 10K I want to do it September, and it's supposed to be hilly.

love, sounds like you had a great day yesterday - congrats!

zumba, hope you're feeling better! Do you cut back your exercise when you start Atkins? Are you doing the strict under 20 carbs a day? I've tried it but I have trouble getting through induction.

delta, hope it stopped raining there. It's GORGEOUS here this morning with bright sun, but only in the 40's!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:46 PM   #44  

Default TGIF...I think???

HI all!! Well I had no loss from yesterday, I must have taken in way too many calories..either that or I'm super bloated from PMS...bleh...anyhoo I"m sticking to my low carb guns...went to lunch with a friend today and I ordered chicken salad on greens.....hoping the chicken salad didn't have sugar in it...it definitely tasted delicious....

Natamars: If I were under 135 I would be doing the dance of joy right now!!!

Love2be: I tried south beach years ago and like atkins so much better..however I am doing it differently this time. Not staying on induction for as long as is suggested because I need carbs in order to work out as much as I do. btw I teach Zumba in the Circuit..It is a ton of fun and a great workout!!!

Izza..Mazel on the great weigh in and inches lost!!!

Hoping I can get through this weekend without caving in!! We are having pizza and cake at son's party.....Mother's day we are going out to eat at a fantabulous four star restaurant but I know that I can make good low carb choices there..I'm going to have a nice steak and veggies....and no dessert!!

Have a great weekend everybody!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #45  
Hopeful Member

Friday: 1510 calories, rest day

Went for a quick walk at lunch - gorgeous day in NY! Had my english muffin pizza while husband and son ate very delicious-smelling take-in pizza. It was fine, at least this way I can know the exact calorie count. I did have some wine though!

Doing my 5K today. Asked the family to help me plant flowers tomorrow instead of going out to eat.

zumba, happy birthday to your son! make sure to have something Atkins-friendly before so you're not starving at the party. Enjoy your steak tomorrow!

Happy Mother's Day!