Old 11-30-2010, 06:08 PM   #121  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Hi all, i got back from 2 weeks in UK and a week in hong kong last friday but only had 2hrs at home to unpack and pack again and then i was off to a nickel mine in the australian outback (4hrs flight + 1hr flight + 5hrs drive from home) and that's where i still am.

Hoping to finish my work here today but it'll still take til friday afternoon to get home due to flight schedules and 3hr time difference etc.

Home meanwhile is still chaos with rennovations although the kitchen goes in today and tomorrow, so by the weekend we're hoping to be able to paint some ceilings at least!

Working with a girl this week who's doing a low carb diet, so i've been doing the same. Nothing strict but just skipping bread, cereal, potato, rice, pasta and also anything sweet. It's been easy because we're on a mining camp with a canteen, so easy just to help ourselves to salad and veggies etc.

It's just occurred to me that i'm not really getting any calcium though now i'm not having my normal cereal and yoghurt, so think i'll go for a glass of milk or something this morning.

Not sure the low-carb thing has done me any good particularly, and it's not very different to what i eat anyway, but at least it's given me a bit of discipline!

Looking forward to getting home (it's been another long trip).
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:16 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hey Ange!!-Sheesh, just reading about your life/travels wears me out!! Are you a geologist? Definitely sounds like you have an interesting career.

Wow, busy, busy day here!! Not much to tell except I am trying to ignore the huge pan of chocolate cake in the break room.

Going to try to get all of my housework done tonight when I get home.

Hope you all are having a great day!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:19 PM   #123  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Just finished a bridal shower they threw for me here at work - quite thoughtful, since I'm not a 20-year old bride!

Tonight will be working more on favors, hopefully putting up two Christmas trees and at least getting the lights on them, and a few errands, and cleaning the kitchen - can't let that slide another night.

I'll let someone else start a December Thread - I'm thinking of how I can do a Countdown to Christmas... as much as I abhor the idea of a crash diet in all forms, there's a part of me that thinks how neat it would be to lose a bit in the next few weeks. Or to lose a lot. But I know I detest stuff like that, so won't undertake it, but CAN undertake a challenge to myself.

Anyone interested in something "do-able" ... such as getting in X minutes of activity per week or each work on our own challenges but check in? I'd like to wake earlier and do yoga and pilates on alternating mornings during the week, get in more walking, and eat smarter and smaller proportions.

Annie, I'm going to have to wake up when you do, I think, to get all done before the holidays/wedding... I wish I could just pull an all-nighter tonight to get caught up.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote