Old 11-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

NP-For supper I am planning on making ham steak, steamed broc and (for the boys) individual servings of Velveeta Low Fat Shells and Cheese. If I make them the single serving size then I'm not tempted to eat any from a giant batch. I'm not sure my older son will feel like eating anything, but I have grilled cheese fixins and chicken noodle soup on hand if he wants that. What are you having??

A drug rep brought in a full mexican bar for lunch today. I had brought my own salad from home. I got some of the chicken meat and fresh salsa off the bar and made my salad into a taco salad! It was good!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #62  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

This afternoon is never-ending - already almost dark and it's only 4:30. Gloomy and gray and cold and drizzling. Plans for tonight after hitting the library and the market inlude a crackling fire in the fireplace, a steaming bowl of tomato soup and a grand amount of relaxing. Ambitious ha! I picked up some library DVDs - pilates and yoga ones - and will select one to try out. As a new-dog owner, I'm stymied as to how to do floor exercises without her muzzle in my neck, back, everywhere - no matter if I tire her out first. The only option seems to be to close her off...

Smart use on the single-servings of mac/cheese! I used to keep the Annie's organic one in my desk for lunch in the winter when i'd forget to bring anything - good reminder to pick some of that up again. (Now I'll probably be having that with tomato soup tonight if I do the marketing... i can see where this is leading...)
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:08 PM   #63  

Nationalparker-You must live east of Oklahoma.....that is the weather we were having last night. I could have used a fireplace last night!!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:15 AM   #64  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nationalparker View Post
As a new-dog owner, I'm stymied as to how to do floor exercises without her muzzle in my neck
Awww, what sort of dog do you have (any photos?!)
Hmmm, i'm not sure of the answer to your problem though. She'll think you're playing with her if you're on the floor! I guess if you just push her gently away each time with a 'no' she'll get the message eventually - think of it as an arm exercise

I skipped my run-round this morning. The alarm went off at 0550 as usual but i could hear the wind howling outside and the rain coming down, and of course it was pitch black as always, so i wimped out! Planning on a gym visit tonight though so that should atone for it (?)
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #65  
Enjoying la bella vita

Well, nearly all of my evening plans were thwarted. Both by myself and external stuff Came home to a huge box from my folks - they spent nearly three days wrapping and packing up half of my mom's china set and shipped it to me! Surprise! Took ages to get every piece unwrapped, stored, and all packing material discarded. We have two cats and a dog and each one was into the process... dog was trying to eat styrofoam peanuts, but just mouthed them and spewed out ... cats were batting things around and climbing all over. Family project, apparently.

After that, made a large omelet - no milk for tomato soup and was too hungry. Wanted chinese food from the corner spot, but figure we'll get that tonight as my fiance is off today. Yoga got axed as I needed to hit the market and get gas, and had "lazied off" on that on the way home. Giftwrapped a few things, caught up in my journal, and took a hot bath. Nothing hugely productive, but stayed fairly busy.

New pooch is one who showed up in our garage, half-starved, a few months back. I've always figured on having a large dog - shepherd, retriever, something like that. She's part poodle and part terrier and wholly needy and can't be more than 6" from you at ANY TIME. If she's snoozing on the floor and you go into another room, she rouses herself and follows you right through the doorway. I'm trying to be at peace with that yet I struggle daily.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lucy face.jpg (17.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-17-2010, 12:13 PM   #66  

AWWWWW!! NP, love your doggie!! So sweet looking. Glad that you rescued her. I need to give my little Toosie a bath tonight. How exciting to get your Mom's china! Sounds like quite a production getting it unpacked.

Hey, Ange! Good to see you. I hear ya on not wanting to get out in the wintery weather. Brrr....can't wait for spring already.

Had some cocoa with my boys last night, I just had a small cup. It was nice. Older son was home with his cold, but it was nice to spend some time with him....maybe he needs to get a cold more often so I can actually see him for a change?? Ah, just kidding. Don't want to see him suffering.

Had to rush through my workout this morning, I wish I could drag my butt out of bed about 15 min. earlier. It would make things much easier on myself. I was rushing trying to pack my lunch and literally flinging sugar snap peas on the floor I was in such a hurry.....
Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 PM   #67  
Enjoying la bella vita

Hey - hope I'm not popping in too much. Sipping warm cocoa in the autumn/winter is a good thing - bonus that it was with your sons. Just since I'm trying to "catch up", Annie - what is a routine workout for you before work? How early do you HAVE to get up? I struggle with that now, yet never used to before! A bath sounds like the plan for our pooch tonight, too ... she's a bit ripe. I'm used to cats and no bathing there...ha ha!

Ange - hope your gym plans aren't defeated tonight - I don't know many who would bound out of bed in the dark with the wind howling and rain beating down (unless a burglar was in my home...)! I'm terrible with time zones, so you might have already been!

Have done pretty good today and banked calories in case we do chinese food tonight - we get one dinner and split it - kung pao chicken. I like it because this local joint doesn't fry it and loads of celery and carrots in it and SPICY!! I grew up overseas and prior to this year, had only had Chinese food while living in Spain and it tasted like cigarette smoke, so decided I didn't like it and that was that. Glad i tried it again. Decades later - ha!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #68  

Hey NP, don't worry...as far as I'm concerned no one can post too often here. I find it helpful to keep in touch and I'm glad we have members posting more often.

For my workouts I do the Leslie Sansone videos (Walk Away The Pounds or Walk At Home). Lately I have been doing 3 miles every M-F morning. I had been doing 3, 2, 3, 2, 3 but had stalled in my weight loss and increased to 3 miles daily a few weeks ago. I have to get started no later than 5:40 each morning to get it done in time to get ready for work, son to school, lunches made, etc.

The chinese food sounds good! Hope you enjoyed it! I try to budget calories, too. Tonight I had a baked potato, steamed broccoli and a piece of leftover polish sausage...probably should have passed on the sausage, but it wasn't too big of a piece.

Didn't bathe the dog... I moved the dog shampoo out to the garden shed a while back and it was so COLD tonight. I didn't want to go out and get it. I'll get it done soon.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-17-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #69  
Enjoying la bella vita

Good morning/day! I'm off to a good start on another dreary day here. So gloomy. I crave the sunshine. Which leaves me full of craving in the winter here since this is the gray-est place I've ever lived. In February and March when it's still so steely gray, I grab my bottle of Coppertone or Hawaiian Tropic sunscreen and apply after a bath to spots for a scent of summer (Weird, I know...)

The kung pao chicken was delish - we split the order. We started on a Christmas project that I'm doing for my sister-in-law and made some headway and then I worked in the house cleaning/picking up and he tackled the garage for a couple of hours before relaxing.

His younger daughter (13) will be here for the weekend tomorrow and then back next Wednesday for the entire Thanksgiving weekend. Pretty much this whole weekend will be cleaning, baking and marketing for T-Day. He works 6-6 starting Sunday, so it'll just be me and her then. Lately she's been asking to stay or come early even when he's working, so I guess that's a good sign.

Lunch today is Subway - trying HARD to skip the chips and cheese on the sandwich as I can barely taste it. I say I'm going to do it and then think, oh what the heck. That's my goal - might try doing double turkey as I could use add'l protein. Don't eat much meat (only chicken/turkey) - it's a seasoning rather than a main course most nights, but usually get in a lot of beans - but haven't done so lately.

We're getting married the end of December and I have two dresses (just short ones) both the same, but different sizes - both larger sizes than I've worn in about a decade. Embarrassed, frustrated and irritated by it. I left the tags on both - the 14 fit when I tried it on but was TIGHT on the bust. the other is a smidge big/loose. When I tried it on last week it was TOO TIGHT - the front was straining. So I'd like to get into it in the next month...But I'm just not cutting enough calories. Sorry for long post!
Old 11-18-2010, 11:45 AM   #70  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Nationalparker - well done for adopting your new dog. Certainly sounds like she's done really well in finding the right new pack for her!
And congratulations on your upcoming wedding. End of December isn't too far off now, so go hard on the diet and you'll feel proud of yourself.

Annie - wow, didn't realise you got up so early every morning to exercise. That's some good discipline.

Well i missed my gym session as well as my morning run yesterday. I went along to the gym for the last class of the night when i got back from work, but it was all already full and no more spaces, so i came back home and had a large serving of whiskey and played scrabble with my mum instead!!

Made up for it today though with a good 10km+ run round this morning and a swim this afternoon. Feeling hungry now......
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:02 PM   #71  

Hello everyone! I'm starting to get excited for the holidays. Beginning to plan what to make for Thanksgiving and have started Christmas shopping, too.

Has anyone else noticed that NOT having that extra layer of fat makes you cold all of the time?? I sure am. I've always been warm natured and I'm having trouble getting used to being cold all of the time. Weird.

NP-So glad fiance's daughter is enjoying being around you! Love what you said about the Coppertone/Hawaiian Tropic. Those smells take me right to summer mindset, too. I hope the dress that you like the best fits perfectly by your wedding. How exciting!!

Ange-Large serving of whiskey and Scrabble w/ Mom....that sounds fun! Glad you were able to get your exercise in.

I hope everyone has a great day! Busy day at work here....job security.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #72  
Enjoying la bella vita

I DID IT I went to Subway and skipped the cheese and the chips. I know it's only because I put my intent public in here. So, thanks!

Ange - Are you in Sydney now? I had to check the time zones to see WHERE you are in relation to me here... yowsers - 15 hours ahead (if that's right) ... Sounds like you got in a great workout. Do you run outside this time of year? Do you have a dog to run with you? Need to borrow a big white ball of energy to pull you along? ha!

We've got the gym on the sked for tonight, but I HIGHLY suspect that it'll get delayed and we'll head out on the trail with the dog, so that's good too. She needs to burn off energy and we can do that later at night after it's getting late to hit the gym. I'm trying to get up earlier in the morning and then want to get back into my yoga then. Good start to my day IF I get my rear end out of the warm, cozy, flannel sheets.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:42 PM   #73  

NP-Woot for no cheese or chips!! Posting "publicly" helps me be accountable, too. I have another board where I sometimes post for accountability in a different area of my life. It helps.

If you feel comfortable saying so on a public forum...where in the midwest are you?? I am in central Oklahoma.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #74  
Enjoying la bella vita

I'm in central Indiana - moved up here from Florida - now close to 10 years ago. I miss the beach a lot - sometimes more in the offseason than in the summer. So nice to walk there and hear the surf, the seagulls, mash your toes in the sand... But I get there every few months, so that's good. My folks still live there.

Done well this afternoon - snacked on almonds (20) and am trying to figure out what to do for dinner. I thawed out some hot italian turkey sausage today and was planning to take the casing off (YUCK) slice into tiny pieces and cook up and then use in a pasta dish with sauteed peppers and onions tomorrow. His daughter especially loves that one and it's a quick after-work meal to whip up. But that leaves me wondering what to do for tonight. I struggle with the $10 off or free entree coupons that are coming in when we're so busy. Makes me want to choose going out for dinner instead of prepping stuff at home. Tonight might be turkey tacos... have the ingredients for that and have only made them once in the past year. Trying to have some things that are a bit spicy and not just chicken breast heading into thanksgiving.

Does anyone have any special traditions (food/non-food) you enjoy for Thanksgiving?

Let's see if either of us bathes our dog tonight...
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #75  

I love that part of the country, NP! I used to live in KY and would drive through Indiana traveling back and forth. It's lovely. I always watch for the giant Santa Claus statue in Evansville.

My fiance has a (non-food) tradition that must be followed every year. Each year, on Thanksgiving day, a local radio station plays "Alice's Restaurant" by Arlo Guthrie and we must listen to it. He gets a kick out of it. I always like to have the parade on TV while I'm working getting things ready.

Food traditions include my pumpkin pie dessert....it is more like a cake. And NOT diet-friendly.

That sausage and pasta dish sounds delish!! I need to fry up my turkey sausage (ground) for our pizza breads tomorrow night. I may get that done tonight so I don't have to do it when I get home from work.

I got panicked thinking that all of the Thanksgiving staples (turkey, pumpkin pie mix, cranberry sauce, etc.) would be sold out when I wanted to go get it for next week, so I went to the store and got those bought after work today. Why is it all of the things we like for T-giving are so fattening?? I'm going to allow myself my favs but try to eat reasonably for the rest of the weekend.