Old 11-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi Maddie! So sorry you are feeling badly. Sure hope that migraine goes away quickly.

Not much to report from here. I baked choco chip muffins for the boys this morning and didn't eat any (yay me). I'm sure they will be gone before I get home today. Going to get my hair trimmed/eyebrow wax today after work. Will probably just take it easy after I get home even though I have alot I could be doing. May throw in some laundry, at least get some of that done. Planning on having a healthy supper with myself this evening, too.

I feel sleepy today. Otherwise great.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:32 AM   #17  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
Wow, Ange, how are you going to deal w/ all that construction? Is there a plan in place to leave one bathroom functioning while the other one is being redone?
The plan is to abandon ship - luckily i'm going on a business trip to UK on Wed! (And hubby is on business trip to Hong Kong a few days later).

The workmen started today, and i just got back in after work. The bathroom and laundry and toilet have gone, but in general the house looks tidier than it did when i left it!! Could be a good omen.

Eating wise and exercise wise i'm being very average at the moment (that's Australian for 'bad' by the way!) and i'm dissatisfied with myself about it. Unfortunately not dissattisfied enough to actually change what i'm doing though, seemingly! At least i had some activity of 2hrs emptying everything out of the kitchen, bathroom and laundry last night, which should have burned a few calories.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #18  

Ange-"(that's Australian for 'bad' by the way!)"....That made me laugh! Glad you will be out of town for the worst of the construction.

I resisted the BBQ buffet at work yesterday, but I made it work for me later in the day! There was some smoked turkey breast left over, so I packed some of that and some bbq sauce and sliced onion and took it home. Heated it up w/ a flour tortilla and made a BBQ wrap.....LOVED IT!! So good.

Made another veg/turkey(lunch meat type) wrap for lunch and have been allowing myself a small amount of olive oil mayo on those. Checking to be sure I wasn't overdoing it on the mayo, I measured out one tablespoon and it turns out to be much more than I normally squirt on from the bottle. Was glad because I really like the taste of that on my sandwiches/wraps. I still measure things occasionally to be sure I am staying in reasonable calorie amounts.

Haircut yesterday. Co worker told me it makes me look "young....real young." Not sure if that is good or bad or if I really like it. Basic same cut w/ bangs this time. I'll try to get a pic and re-evaluate.

Still at 150 this morning. No loss yet, but no gain which is very important. Still hoping for a 149 tomorrow!!!

3 miles exercise this morning.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-04-2010 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Ange... I remember when we remodelled the kitchen. We did everything ourselves and it was no fun making plans to eat or even have food in the house. We also had a 7 month old as well so at least that gave us extra incentive to get it done ASAP. OH! And then about a month after it was done we were hit by a hurricane and lost power for a week so the previous experience of living without a fridge or stove came in handy! lol

Annie...anytime you are told "...young...real young"...EMBRACE IT!!! Or was this said by your lunch-dumping co-worker?! lol

Feeling much better now that the sugar is almost out of my system. Funny thing is...I have plantar fascitits (forgive the spelling) and when I eat sugar it gets dramatically worse. At first I thought when the weight comes off, the pain will decrease but the weight has little to do with it...it is the sugar. My foot has been killing me for almost a week and this morning I woke up with no headache and no foot pain. Add that to my list of sugar woes.....
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #20  

Maddie said: "Or was this said by your lunch-dumping co-worker?! lol"

LOL!! No it wasn't her! Someone I trust. But....someone did steal my freaking pickles out of the fridge today. Weirdos.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #21  

Wow, sure is quiet around here lately.

Still at 150....frustrated with this stall. I had hoped increasing my exercise would give me a jump start back to losing. At least I haven't gained as I have noticed I am allowing myself some things that I normally ignore....a Tootsie Roll here....a cookie there....I must get back to being diligent if I want to lose this last 10 pounds. I had hoped to have a cushion (a calorie cushion....not a cushion of body fat...) before Christmas so I could enjoy some of my fav holiday treats w/o worrying about gaining. I still may be able to, just had hoped to get the rest of it off by then.

My sons are finally going to be home for the weekend and I am looking forward to it. Older son will probably spend lots of time w/ friends but hoping he can at least be home for meals. I'm going to make them fried chicken (, yes I said fried) on Sunday, unless they request something else.

Have a good day if anyone is reading!!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:49 AM   #22  

I'm reading! Although through slitted eyes as I still have my headache. Not overly painful, just more a dull throb.

Having one of "those" days today ie Murphy's Law kinda day. Power went off so alarm clock didn't...woke up late, got both kids on bus without lunch...start the car to bring their lunch...dead silence....hubby is away. Oh and then once hubby arrives home he sees that the dryer is off its vent and once he goes to move it back and fix it...sees that the drain for the washer has a crack in it. As long as it is material stuff that is screwed up today...I will be very happy. Almost forgot...last night the dvd machine died.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #23  
learning maintenance

Hi i'm still here too, and reading!

I was out with friends last night and drinking red wine, so i'm feeling slightly headachy this morning too, but unlike Maddie i deserve mine!

Got a friends 2-yr olds party to go to this lunchtime too, so that could be testing for the head!

I won't be drinking today though as i've got my trail race tomorrow morning and i want to be feeling fresh for that.

I'm looking forward to it, even though it's rained heaps the last few days which means that the streams are going to be full flow (3 crossings to do) and the trail will be very muddy and wet.

Sometimes it's fun though to put old clothes on and get absolutely covered in mud and i reckon i'll be in the mood for that tomorrow. As long as the renovators haven't put the shower out of action for when i get home, it should all be good!!
Old 11-07-2010, 06:32 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

Hi - I'm new here! Just got started last week, and this looks like a great place to hang out on the forums.

I'm a busy full-time working mom with two children (girl (7) and boy (3)). My hubby and I got a late start with having kids, but couldn't be happier with how it's worked out for us! We live in the midwest and really love it here.

I've been a runner for years and years. But I've been injured a few times over the past couple of years. Couple a lack of running with being over 40, and the weight has managed to pile on in the last few years. I had to buy a larger size jean than ever before a few weeks ago, and decided that I really needed to get serious about losing this weight. Oh - and I should add that I've lost and gained (plus a few) the same 10 pounds a few times. I just can't get it to stick.

So, I'm giving Wonderslim a shot to get started. I am on a hugely busy project at work, and the not having to think about meals for the day is a huge help. I'm hoping it will give me a good start over the next couple of months, and then I can transition back to some regular cooking.

Looking forward to seeing through this journey with you!
SuziC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #25  
learning maintenance

Hi SuziC and welcome! Great to have a new face here.
Congratulations on getting started on your new healthy life.

My race yesterday was great fun. Lots and lots of mud and the deepest of the streams was up to hip level (but made easier by a rope that had been put across which was useful for balance whilst wading!) Still on a bit of a high from it even 24hrs later!

Was going to work from home today, but the builders have arrived and it sounds like all 5 of them have got jack-hammers on the go, so i think i'll go off to the office instead!
Old 11-08-2010, 10:56 AM   #26  

Hello everyone!

Maddie-Wow, I hope your weekend got better after that hellish Friday.

Ange-I'd love to see a pic of you covered in mud from your run! Good for you for getting out there and doing it!

Welcome to SuziC!!! I've never heard of Wonder Slim, is it a food delivery program? Good for you for deciding to lose the weight now before it really creeps up on you. This is a good place to be.

I did not check in over the weekend. Enjoyed spending time with my sons. Ate some off plan items, but don't feel like I overdid too badly. I did see a new number Saturday morning on the scale, but I'm not going to claim it unless I see it again at weigh-in later in the week. That may not happen as TOM came to visit yesterday.......WITH cramps (bonus?), yay. Also had a headache last night and took the last of pain meds I had left over from dental work. Ended up vomiting at 2 a.m. this morning and now I feel pretty much like crapola!! Looking forward to the end of the day for sure. Just did not feel like any exercise this morning, either.

Had a lovely weekend otherwise. Watched 3 movies, did some things around the house and cooked alot! I had wanted to get to Wal Mart to buy me some sweats that actually fit but didn't. I may get over there on my lunch break today. They are one of the only stores that carry my necessary feminine hygiene products and I am about out.

Sorry if TMI, just a part of life. I'm looking forward to not having to deal with it one day.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-08-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:10 PM   #27  
learning maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
Hello everyone!

Ange-I'd love to see a pic of you covered in mud from your run! Good for you for getting out there and doing it!
I haven't seen any pics yet. I did see someone taking them at that deep stream crossing, so just hoping they get posted.

Hope you're feeling better today
Old 11-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #28  
learning maintenance

It's surprising the small range of number of participants to a thread that makes it work best.

It's all a bit quiet here, but over at 'feathers' its too busy to really have any sort of interactive dialogue. Somewhere in the middle would be nice. Hey. Lurkers.....

Well, about to leave what's left of my house (another two walls and a chimney came down today with the renovations) and head back to UK to see my parents tomorrow.

Not really looking forward to it as mum's taken the sudden death of my sister a couple of months ago very badly, so i'm just going over to give her some more support really, but there's not a lot i can do.

Will work at our office over there whilst i'm staying with my parents, then catch up with hubby in Hong Kong on the way back, so that part of the trip will be good.

Long run planned for tomorrow (before i sit on a plane for 24hr), but just need to decide where i fancy going.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:09 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

Ange - congrats on the race! It's been a long time since I've done something like that, but have really, really enjoyed it in the past. How long are your long runs? And wishing you a good trip back to the U.K. Hoping you can bring some peace and comfort along with you to your mom.

Annie - I hear you on the TOM frustration - and the headaches. It all seems to have gotten much worse for me over the past year. I checked with my doctor recently and he mentioned the good old "P" word and moving into the next phase of my life. I wanted to slide under the table.

Things here are going well. For the person who asked, WonderSlim is a meal delivery plan. Mainly shakes, a dehydrated entree for lunch, and you cook your own dinner. It's something I wouldn't have considered in the past. We've done alot to move to whole foods in my house. But even whole grain pumpkin bread made with organic honey and cage free eggs, if you eat enough of it will manage to pack on the pounds. So here I am - for now. Hoping with a good jump start, I can move back to more whole foods in moderation.
SuziC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:18 AM   #30  

Welcome SuziC!

My Murphy's Law week has FINALLY come to a close! Managed to replace/fix everything with minimal $$ so that helps greatly! Hubby is a very skilled DIY'er so he fixed the pipe quite easily...and I am thinking it would have cost a good $3-400 for a plumber to do the same (cut the pipe,file it,replace pipe and solder it together).

Annie-TOM is here and with is it my dull throbbing headache. Add that to a week+ of non-stop rain and I feel like crying. Time to up my vitamin D again as I find that helps immensely!

Ange-Good luck on the renos! Crossing a waist high stream while running? You have more gumption than I do!! lol Running is one thing...running and getting soaked...no thank you!

Suzi-Hubby and I were also "late" with our kids. We were together 12 years before our first daughter came along and we have 2 girls...7 and 5...and BOTH in school! YAY!!! lol

Time to get on the exercise bike and get my day started.
Have a good one!