Old 11-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

Height: 5'6"

Just getting ready to go out for a run. I seem to be stuck a bit at my current weight (couple of days without a budge). Hoping some exercise will help to move things along. And today is going to be a challenge - lots of errands, birthday party and the circus in the late afternoon. Fun day - but lots of temptation in there.

Annie - I hear you on the dental frustration. Hopefully, you or your company can come up with a decent alternative. Healthcare gets so much attention (and is so important), but dental health is also important.

Ang - Yep, running in the wet and cold is not nearly as fun. Those wet shoes start to feel like giant ice cubes! Big applause to you for keeping it up even in challenging conditions.

Off to run!
SuziC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Hey Ladies!

I thought I would give you some heads up that I won't be posting as much. I am getting a lot more days teaching than what I thought...which is a very good thing! (I'm being booked over a week in advance and that is just one school) So because of the extra $$ I have decided to go with a personal trainer. I think I need someone "with" me to keep it real and to kick me in the butt when I screw up or start with the pity party thing.

So I hope that everyone meets their goals and thanks for letting me be part of your forum!
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:27 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi all! Not much to report from here. Everything is about the same.

Ange-Keep those feet dry!

Suzi-Good job working in the exercise, even with the busy day you had.

Maddie-Hope having a personal trainer helps!! Let us know how you are doing.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 199.2/196.8/168

Height: 5'11"

Thanks Annie for suggesting I come here Working on my second week toward healthy eating. I have been following The Hormone Diet to a degree, but have gotten derailed several times in the process. I'm happy to have found a great support site, and hoping to get under 190 by Christmas.
Cheers to a great week
losinlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:46 AM   #50  

Hey Lish!! Glad you are here!! It sounds like you are doing well! I try to post here at least daily during the week. Maybe we can rouse some more interest in everyone and we can all "be there" for everyone else?? I love having support.

I am a bit frustrated and stalled in my weight loss in the last few weeks. Had hoped to be able to loosen up a bit over the holidays, but not sure I want to take that chance w/ 10 pounds still to go until I reach my goal. Trying to hang in there and really stay on plan this week to see how it goes.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #51  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Lish - thanks for posting the question on where to chat with other 40-somethings ... I find that I check out the latest posts on the main page and that's it. And sometimes I reply to those posts without looking to see the thread that they're in and feel foolish for replying in featherweights or whatever.

Thanks, Annie - for making it seem fine to just jump in and check in. I'll have to go back through and get caught up on what's going on

I'm trying to get on track. Years ago I lost a good deal of weight - close to 70 pounds - and it's crept back on the past few years and then JUMPED back on with 20 more pounds this past year. Much, much harder this time around for me to drop the weight.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #52  

Hi Nationalparker!! It's good to see new faces joining us here!

It was tough foregoing the pizza in the break room today, but I did it and ate my salad. Like I've said before, if I want to eat pizza I want to do it on my terms, not just because it is there in front of me.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-15-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #53  
Enjoying la bella vita

oh, you're at a stronger place than I am I just don't GET why i have trouble passing up cheese pizza if it's free (leftover from an event) in our work lunch. It's not like I cannot afford healthy food. But it's FREE and RIGHT THERE Be PROUD of yourself!!

My cousin told a funny story when we were talking about passing up free food ... her 11-year old daughter was in Sam's with them one Sunday and they had all the samples out and she was like, "HEY LOOK - free food!!" My cousin and her husband looked at each other and were like, "Food is ALWAYS free for you! You don't pay for anything!" That made me smile.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:41 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieD View Post
Take away my sugar and I turn into a irritable,screaming witch.!
sorry i found that hilarious. you made my day. i lost4 pounds last week and want to keep up with it this week. just goto keep at it. like all you guys
who are doing great by the way.
keep it up
fat chick 123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #55  

Hi FC123!! We have another member from down your way, Ange.

Okay, confession time.....after my preachy speech about avoiding the pizza at work....we came home with a pepperoni pizza from Little Caeser's and I ate 3 pieces. Then we watched a movie (Grown Ups, it was good!) and I ate a box of Junior Mints. These are things I allow myself occasionally but I usually do better at controlling my portions. I won't let it de-rail my efforts though! I WILL get this last 10 pounds off!!

Glad you all are here!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:23 AM   #56  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

haven't time to post - was just lurking - but great to see some new faces, and also great to see a new aussie!! fat chick 123 where are you from?
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #57  
Enjoying la bella vita

Annie - i had much the same evening as you! My fiance (who works a wacky sked) is working nights for a few nights and I had a friend over to watch The Grown-Ups and we shared a Trader Joe's cheese pizza - quite possibly my favorite pizza the whole thing has 870 or so calories - so when I split it with someone I cut it in small squares so they get innerds or crusty pieces; whichever. Then with them cut small, I eat slowly and hope the other person goes fast! Picked up a garden salad from Papa Murphy's to share as well... so have that leftover for today's lunch with some chicken in it.

Felt okay about the dinner ... then took a hot bath and sliced a piece of pumpkin bread. WHY? I wasn't hungry? I'd just pulled the little loaf from the freezer to let it thaw for him in the morning. But I thought, hmmm... this would be a nice autumn-y snack. Grr.

I'm reading off/on the Beck Diet Solution and like the things she brings up - No Choice, giving yourself credit for things you do on your plan, bringing to front and center why you want to lose weight, etc., so I'm going to try to work those in. Apparently going at it halfway isn't going to work at my age anymore.

Ange - love your "dodging donuts" line! I'd have to add Passing over Pizza to mine
Old 11-16-2010, 09:49 AM   #58  
Enjoying la bella vita

Clarification - I guess i CAN'T say I'm passing over Pizza if I'm NOT!! ARGH ha ha.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:44 PM   #59  

Hello everyone! Having a good day at work, have been busy this morning! Not much else to report today. Both boys have had colds this week. Younger son's is gone after just one day....older son is really suffering with his, missing class AND work.:frown:

Hey Ange! Enjoying your visit??

NP-Did you enjoy Grown Ups? I did, it was a little hokey, but LOVED that house they stayed in!! We don't have Trader Joe's around here.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:55 PM   #60  
Enjoying la bella vita

Annie - meant to say - like your new pic - very flattering! Enjoyed the movie - I like stupid goofy now and then, depending on who is doing it. LOVED the house, too! I thought it'd be fun if they made a Grown Ups Christmas movie... Hope you don't come down with the cold as well! What's in the plans for dinner this evening?

Lish - hope you're having a good start to your day, as well.