Old 11-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #76  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Annie - Now when are YOU getting married? Have you lived in Oklahoma long? What are your pizza breads? I got pizza dough for this weekend to make pizza tomorrow for dinner as a "reward" for us working hard on cleaning all day. Actually, I think I'll do it around 4 or so - we can have a soup lunch and keep on going. I have 5 hot italian turkey sausage links (jennie-o) and only plan to use two in the pasta dish, so can crumble the other

Did well last night - make the turkey tacos and had two - made corn and rice and refried vegetarian beans. I don't like them alone (i will spread on a quesadilla with onions, but this way they're MADE and available for leftovers for anyone). We got right out to SuperTarget for a $150 shopping order and STILL have to get the thanksgiving necessities. WTH? I get my fruits/veggies elsewhere and still need a pie and ice cream. Don't want to bring that in the house early - ice cream disappears and that one's not me!

Lunch today is out of the office - coworkers birthdays. I got up early to bake cookies for it - frosted them with can frosting - first time in years. It overwhelmed the cookies. Pooh.
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 12:29 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

H everyone!! Busy day at work and have a busy weekend (good busy) weekend ahead.

NP-My pizza bread is like this: I use a loaf of Italian or similar bread. Split it longways. Spread pizza sauce (Ragu or comparable) over bread. Add cooked sausage (tonight I'm using the turkey breakfast sausage I fried and crumbled last night), pepperoni (I think I have a mix of regular and turkey in the fridge) and shredded mozzarella. Bake at 425-450 degrees for about 7-8 minutes....YUM!! Then slice into single servings.

No date set for a wedding. We've been engaged for 2 years now. No rush for either of us.

I've lived in Oklahoma since 1982, so it's home now.

I am going to attempt to make my first homemade carrot cake tonight! Fiance's b-day is tomorrow and that is what he asked for. Sounds like he may come into town and we may go out to eat! I have couple of gifts and the funniest card EVER for him. I don't plan to "healthy up" the carrot cake....it's his b-day, I'll let him indulge.

Will check back later if I have time.

Have a great Friday everyone!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-19-2010 at 12:32 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #78  
Enjoying la bella vita

I should have been busier than I was at work - mind kept wandering to what I needed to get done this weekend.

Annie - Your pizza bread sounds yummy! I just picked up some turkey pponi, too, hmmm.... I might have to whip that up one night when we're both coming home late from work. ... Good luck with that cake - you're ambitious! Sounds like he'll love it, though. Now how far away does he live? (Can you tell I used to be a reporter? YEARS ago - ha - so many questions. Sorry!) Fill us in on the card!!

Didn't do too well at lunch. My good plans were thwarted by an indulgent menu and eating with all guys (one of whom ordered the 24-ounce burger - YES a 24-ounce burger!) ... got a half buffalo chicken wrap and TATER TOTS. They were greasy and delicious and I haven't had them in maybe a decade?

This IS a quiet thread - I hope I haven't scared anyone off! Is it usually more active and this is just a busy time of year?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:09 AM   #79  

Hey NP-You didn't scare anyone off....it has just been very slow lately. I'm not sure about this time of year because I joined in January of this year. We'll have more check in soon I hope.

The cake is baked and I will frost it in the morning. I'll let you all know how it turns out. YES I plan to have a piece!!

Here's the jist of the card I got for fiance....

It shows an older man (cartoon drawing) from the backside on the beach. He is wearing a bikini bathing suit and two young women are staring at him. The front of the card says: "Another year older and still getting looks from the hotties." The inside says: "Of course that could be because you have your thong on backwards!"

We have alot of fun, he has a good sense of humor.

I bought myself the new Stephen King book and am going to get in bed with him now....
Old 11-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 241/231/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello! I've been reading and observing- seems like I don't have time left to post once I read through. Life is pretty busy but things are getting easier all of the time! I'm a teacher and the fall keeps me so busy, but around this time of year I think I'm on auto pilot to some extent and don't have to bring much work home now. My kids, 13 and 17 are more independent and since my daughter just started driving and has a job, I have more time during the week to cook healthily and workout. That said, I've had a veeerrry slow month in terms of meeting goals and being motivated much. I've slacked off on logging my foods...been pretty sick for the last week. Bad cold and now lingering nasty cough has kept me away from the gym.
I'm going to log now, consistently right through the holiday and will get back to the gym at least a few times this week...
Enjoy reading your posts!! We're off to Christmas parade- my kids and other family are in it ! And then nephews first birthday party- he's so sweet!
lillydi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #81  
Enjoying la bella vita

Good day! An extremely foggy day here today - noon and it's still hard to see very far. Carpet cleaners come in the next time block, so I'm taking a break from cleaning and putting a ton of stuff up. Looks like we're moving. I cannot wait for the clean carpets!! Bathed the pooch this morning and then showered since i was soaked. One big thing done. She's much better since we started doing it indoors with the hot water.

Annie- hope you're enjoying a wonderful day with your fiancee on his bday - how did the cake come out? Sounds scrumptious! You didn't get him a thong to go along with the card, did you ha!

Lilly - Hope you had a fun time at the Christmas parade and the Year One party! What a great way to kick off the holiday season. Hope you're able to knock that cold out - treat yourself well!

Ange - are you traveling now? Hope you're enjoying a good weeked!

I am struggling with wanting to be eating a lot here since I ate more yesterday. Not sure what the deal is. We were working hard up until about 1:30 this morning and then I got the munchies (so did he) so I pulled out the Thanksgiving hummus - it was a big tub, so no one will care and we snacked on that a bit. It'll be just us that eat the hummus anyway, I think... his folks don't care much for it though they did when I called it dip last time.

This evening we'll do a homemade pizza and salad - his daughter asked me about it in the first 10 minutes I saw her last night...it's always FOOD sometimes, it seems. Have a great Saturday, all!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #82  

Hi Lilly! So glad you are here with us! Posting here really helps me. Good idea to log during the holiday season! I'm really trying to keep track and get this last 10 pounds off. I'm going to allow myself small amounts of the holiday goodies, that has been part of my plan all along because I know if I completely deny myself the things I love I won't be able to stick to my healthier lifestyle for life....and that is my long term goal. If I don't lose much over the holidays I am not going to panic. I just don't want to gain. Enjoy the parade!!

NP-Here's the cake!

I'll report back if it tastes as good as it looks!

Sorry you are wanting to eat more lately. Just be sure if you do that it is "on plan" stuff. How do you make your hummus?? The jury is still out on whether I like hummus or not. I've had some in the past that tasted like nothing and then I seem to remember having some I did like that taste of. Enjoy your time w/ fiance's daughter. Sometimes I wish I had a daughter, but with all of the teenage drama that comes with the territory, I think I'm glad I have boys.

We're doing wings for fiance's birthday, I'm going to try to eat as few fries as possible.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:22 PM   #83  

Here's a pic I guess would show my progress so far. I cropped it from a family photo taken today.

Old 11-20-2010, 09:33 PM   #84  

P.S. That's my little girl, Tootsie, in the pic with me!!

P.P.S. I saw a 149 on the scales this morning. I'm not going to claim it until I see it again. I doubt I will see it for a few days as I had 2 PIECES of cake today.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 241/231/165

Height: 5'9"

The cake looks so good! Did you say it was carrot cake? I love that. At baby's bday party just had a little piece of cake- not a big fan of regular bday cake anyway so it wasn't too hard.
Today, I'm baking biscotti and banana bread to take to my sister's house. Gotta keep myself from nibbling!! Anything sweet is definitely my weakness.

Time to make the coffee...
lillydi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #86  
Enjoying la bella vita

Good morning - it's a bit warmer here today - good for running a few errands. Have my fiance's daughter (13) here today while he's working. We'll run to Trader Joe's (my favorite store) among other things. I'm still in jammies eating breakfast. Lazy start. Had the carpets cleaned and scrubbed down a TON here. I was wiped out last night. Indulged in the homemade cheese pizza.

Lilly - I'm baking biscotti today, too! My friend's father is here for thanksgiving and asked if I could make some for him, as he really loved it last year. Now that my kitchen is clean, though, I hate to dirty it up Hope you're feeling better! Sounds like you did good yesterday with just a bit of the cake.

Annie - you look GREAT! You should be so proud of yourself!! I loved it when I was losing before and seeing steady progress. What did you do for dinner yesterday - out for a celebratory dinner?

I am unfortunately seeing progress the OTHER way here the past year! We'll see tomorrow morning what the damage is from the past few days. Tonight we'll be meeting at a mexican restaurant. I usually allow myself several tortilla chips (these are the ones made in lard, i know, at an authentic mexican place... TONS of them around here).

have a great Sunday!
Old 11-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #87  

Hello ladies! I slept VERY late today due to a very weird night! First of all, I stayed up way too late last night. Watched SNL with my son then got in bed w/ Stephen King.... I bought his new book Friday and stayed up too late both nights reading. (Reading good books is a fav pastime of mine. I have had to cut back because I end up not getting enough sleep when engrossed.) Stayed awake until at least 0130 reading. Was awakened at 0500 by a noise in my bathroom. I never saw it, but something was scratching and pushing at the strainer in my bathtub drain and trying to get in!! I literally thought I was going to have a heart attack. It had to be a mouse, anything else would be too big to get into the drain pipe??? The shower curtain was closed and I was afraid to open it because it sounded like it was just sitting in the tub, the sounds were so loud. I woke up my younger son (14) and he sat on my bed (half asleep and thinking I was pulling a prank on him) for moral support. I opened the shower curtain with a broom and fully expected something to jump out at me.....but nothing did! The strainer was still in place on the drain so turned on the water full blast and let it run for about 10-15 min. Then I put a glass bowl on top, just in case. I imagined I heard a few more scratchings after that but think it was just that....imagination. I finally got back to sleep (no Stephen King after that!! I did a crossword) and was awakened again at 0730 by one of my neighbors using his leaf blower....DUDE??? I got back to sleep again and slept for another few hours. I don't feel well rested and hope there is no drama tonight.

Lilly-Bakery/birthday cakes are one of my weaknesses. I actually used to just go buy one every now and then for no reason. I packed up the rest of the carrot cake for honey to take home with him. We have a 9" chocolate cake here at the house that I baked for the boys, so I'll have to be careful of that.

You both are baking today?? I had thought I might dive in and bake some Honey Pear Bread and take it to our T-giving meal on Thursday. Thanks for the inspiration!!

NP-I had thought we might go out to eat for fiance's b-day. I let him decide since it was his day....so we went and got take out at Wing Stop although I had really wanted to actually go somewhere. And of course he insisited on paying even though I had planned to treat him for a change. It was sure good!! Lemon Pepper are my favorites, he and the boys got Garlic Parmesan and Plain. I did have some fries with them, too.

We may be going out for Mexican today ourselves. I do have a few healthy options that I alternate between there, but I too always allow for chips, tortillas etc. If I didn't I would feel deprived and if I totally deprive myself I know I wouldn't stay on plan for life.

We may get out and work on picking up leaves later today. I think I will be raking until April.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #88  
Enjoying la bella vita

Just back from an indulgent Mexican dinner. I need to get RIGHT back on track tomorrow morning, and follow through with smart choices this week. Not much snacking this weekend, whcih often happens, but indulgent meals.

Been a day of errands and cleaning here. Still have a lot of laundry to fold, so that's my relaxing evening.

No activity this weekend, except for cleaning - scrubbing bathrooms, etc. This hasn't been a thrilling one. I'm starting to worry that I'm not going to be ready to celebrate xmas with his family in three weeks. Stockings and all. Yikes.

Back in the morning...
Old 11-22-2010, 10:48 AM   #89  

NP-I've already started to get that panicky "Will I be ready for Christmas?" feeling! I hate that feeling. I love getting excited about Christmas but don't want to stress. I am taking a 3 day weekend the first weekend of Dec. to get my decorating done. I like to do it on a weekend when my sons will be home to help and make it a family project.

On doing the house cleaning on the weekends: I have finally gotten in the habit of getting my regular maintenance-type cleaning done during the week on the evenings when my sons are at their Dad's. It makes my weekends much more enjoyable! I still have to do laundry, dishes, etc. on the weekends but at least I don't have a dirty toilet staring me in the face on Saturday morning.

We're having taco rice/beans w/ fruit for supper tonight. Salad for lunch.

I still need to get all of my recipes out for the week ahead and be sure I have everything I need for what I intend to make.

Have a great day everyone!! It's a short, 3-day week for me. So looking forward to having a 4 day weekend!!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Hi All,

I am new and looking for accountability. Work has been busy the last couple of months, and I was down to 174. The pounds have started to creep up again. 178 now. I am getting off this merry go round. I gain at this time of year because I don't have as much time to exercises and because, well, I overeat. Usually I can maintain within one or two pounds at this time of year, but no deal right now.

It stops TODAY.

Last edited by tea2; 11-22-2010 at 11:53 AM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote