Old 11-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hello ladies! So tired this morning, but got up and back to exercising again this morning. Felt good to move, although now I am really sleepy.

I needed some sweats for winter....all of my big sizes were given away during my move. I bought a medium (8-10) at Wal Mart and they fit!! I know, they are sweats, so they are stretchy, etc. But I don't know that I've ever bought anything that small....EVER! I also picked up a cute sweat set off a clearance rack in a junior size large (11-13). They are very close fitting, but will look okay around the house.

Ange-I've been frustrated lately with the lack of participation here, too. I just try to keep telling myself that I know people have busy lives, especially women in their 40s, and that it will pick up a bit. Good thing we don't have TOO many, I suppose. I find accountability and sharing REALLY helps me in alot of areas of my life. It's important for me to keep posting, even if there isn't much activity on the boards.

I cannot believe how much traveling you do!! It sounds glamorous and fun, but I'm sure it gets old...just like anything else. So nice that you can go be with your parents at this time. Just being there for your Mom will help I am sure. Fly safe!!

Suzi-Excellent point on even "healthy" foods being bad for us if we eat too much of them. A friend once said that even apples would make you fat if you ate enough of them and I try to keep that in mind. Hope you get the jump-start you need with the Wonder Slim. I don't stick to a whole foods lifestyle as such, but I have brought more whole/healthy ingredients into my eating and cooking for others. Been really watching the processed foods.

Maddie-Ride that bike, sistah!!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Love to all.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello and just a quick drive by. I am still here, but was out of town until last night. The first hotel had wifi, but nobody there knew the password..sheesh. We left and went to a different oe and had waaay too much fun at Red Lobster and shopping. I stopped in to read but that's about it. Then had to drive a couple of hours home. Was tired by the time we got here, and we sold a ton of stuff so we are frantically trying to sew, saw, paint etc. to get ready for the nexty round in two weeks.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #33  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm still here! Reading, even if I don't have time to post : ) Doing a major revamp on my food this week. Home-cooked and home baked. Yesterday I was starving all day and had to hit a friend at work up for a late day snack (broke this week too). Today I brought extras and was eating because I should - no hunger pangs at all. Breakfast was precooked quinoa w/almonds. Lunch was homemade chicken salad on a pita w/ cabbage instead of lettuce. (mayo isn't the best ingredient but it works) 1st snack was a homemade muffin made with old-fashioned oatmeal, walnuts, raisins and greek yogurt. 2nd snack was greek yogurt. Dinner was left over chicken salad and wheat thins followed by another muffin. Also cooked (and tweaked) a new recipe for lunch for the next few days. Gotta get back on plan with the food then hoping to get back into working out.

SuzieC - welcome!
Ange - all I can say is wow! running, mud, and streams, oh my!
Annie - love the new do : )

Anybody I missed, I'll try to catch up on more personals tomorrow : )
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:26 AM   #34  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziC View Post
Ange - How long are your long runs? And wishing you a good trip back to the U.K.
At the airport now. Arrived and my flight to singapore was cancelled. Luckily they've found me another with a different airline. Now the bloody airport has just closed (hailstorms)!!!!!

Suzi, my long runs are about 2-2.5hr at the moment. Did 2hrs this morning (before my 24hr sit-down coming up). 6 stream crossings and 5 of them over the shoe level! Not as deep as sunday's race, and not as muddy, but still fun!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 158/151.7/138

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the warm welcome from so many! What a great place to get support on this journey.

Annie - congrats on the smaller sized sweats! Nice to see the hard work paying off!

Angel - what type of business do you have? sounds interesting and creative.

Kathi - sounds like you had a really good food day. Do you love quinoa? it's one of my favorites.

Ange - hope you got out of the Singapore airport. Airline delays are the worst. I miss those long run days. Hoping to get over this lingering injury so I can get back to them! I think part of the issue for me is that there's not much to run on but pavement. Some nice, wet trails would be much better for the joints!

Have a good day all!
SuziC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #36  

Hello ladies! So glad the week is now officially half over!!

Hey Barb!! Sounds like you've been really busy but having fun, too! Do you make/sell crafts during the off-season? I can see how this time of year would be the best time to do that, people love that kind of stuff for the holidays.

Kathi!!-So good to see you, you look awesome in your new pic. So glad to read about your meal planning. It is really something that I have to do weekly to stay on plan. I do need to be better about planning evening meals when my sons are home, though.

Ange-Geez, I hope your travel issues have gotten worked out and you are on your way to see your parents. Glad you got your run in before you left.

Hi Suzi!!-How are things with you?? So glad you are here with us.

Just the same old thing here in my world. Need to try to get some things done at the house tonight since the boys are back with their Dad today.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 11-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #37  

Nice. I just found out my employer is dropping our dental coverage at the first of the year. Good thing I have that appt. to have some major work done the first week of Jan. because my insurance was maxed out earlier this year. Damn.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Kathi-is that a new pic? You look mahvaless! Good work on the making food from scratch!

Ange-your life soiunds luke a whirlwind of excitement in exotic places...except your house right now ;-)

Suzi-I think I forgot to say welcome...so howdy! I own a b&b which is only busy in the summer. In the fall/winter, I make crafts to sell. In the spring, I hang out and do nothing...not really nothing, but crafts and housework and such.

Annie-see above. Congrats on your smaller sweats. Are you getting yoiur dentist stuff done before your coverage stops, I hope?

Back to work for me. No rest for the wicked and the righteous don't need it. I am only on plan some of the time, but it's okay. Once Christmas is over, I can stay on plan with food and do all my walking routinely. I guess it isn't quite as important right now as making a living even though I know iut should be top priority...

Barb

Last edited by angelskeep; 11-10-2010 at 08:34 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #39  
kathi

I was absolutely starving alllll day! Part of the issue was the crazy break schedule they had me on due to some training. 1st break at 12 which is only an hour after I got there. Too soon to eat, and lunch was scheduled at 3. Got done training and my sugar was low so I grabbed a couple of glucose tabs to hold me off, then found out my lunch was pushed out to 3:45! Had time to heat up part of my lunch at 2:30 and ate the rest at 4, because of course I got stuck on a call : ( Ate my apple on the next break at 5:15 and was sooo hungry by 6:30 I was checking with people to see if anyone had cookies or something...we scraped up enough change for a snickers bar but even that didn't help much. Came home and warmed up some leftover roast chicken and made a small batch of mashed 'taters...ate about an hour ago and dang it, I'm hungry again! At this rate I'm going to go over 165 instead of getting back down to 161 : ( Going to go boil some eggs so I have extra protein for snacks tomorrow.

Well that was my rant/whine for the day. How's everybody else doing? : )
Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #40  
kathi

Ange: thanks! it is a new pic, my girlfriend took it while I was trying on clothes. wait until y'all see the pic of me in the old lady church hat! hmm...let's see if I can figure out how to post it : )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hat.jpg (27.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-11-2010, 02:18 AM   #41  
Walking Queen!

S/C/G: 253/219/170

Height: 5'3

New here and have daily struggles with food and exercise. My youngest dd and I have recently taking up Mall Walking. The first week it was REALLY hard to make myself go, the second week was a little easier, and so far this week we have Walked Monday and Wednesday with the hopes to walk Thursday. I am feeling it, especially in my left hip, but I am pushing through and Walking. I know I will be very happy in a few weeks, just not right now. We have walked 13 miles so far and are pretty consistent with the 20 minute mile.. Not too shabby I think.
Overstressedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 07:47 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy

Hey All!

In the beginning stages of a cold so starting to feel seriously crappy. Suppose I can't complain too much as the kids have been in school for 2 1/2 months and with the germs there...

Hope everyone is doing great!

Kathi...you look awesome...LOVE the new pic!
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #43  
kathi

Welcome overstressed mom! Sounds like you're off to a good start : )

Maddie: hope you kick the cold bug quickly : (

I'm running on 2 hours sleep, have to clean when I get home as I have a reporter coming to the house to interview me in the morning before work, and she's supposed to be bus -hopping to work with me. Will be interesting!
Old 11-11-2010, 11:15 AM   #44  

You all are just going to have to forgive me for my grumpiness. Not sure what has gotten into me lately, hoping it is just TOM finishing up. Ugh. Talked to fiance last night and just could not be chipper. I told him not to worry, I would feel better soon. Think the incoming winter weather/darkness, etc. may have something to do with it, too. Just haven't felt like doing anything around the house....nothing. Sat around last night watching TV and eating. I just could not get full (or satisfied, not sure which it was). Luckily all I had were healthy things so I don't feel like I went too wacky with the eating. Got to bed early hoping that will help my mood, too. Going to go home and get busy on getting my cleaning done now so I can play this weekend and not feel too guilty.

On the dental plan: My insurance was maxed out for the year so I had planned to have some work done the first week of January. Not sure what I am going to do now. We'll see what we get for dental (if anything) from my employer. I checked online yesterday w/ BCBS and if I bought a policy with them I would have to wait 12 months to have anything other than basic work done. I just cannot lose any more teeth. I'm trying to save what I have now.

Sorry again for the whining. I have alot to be thankful for, it's just hard to be smiling right now. It will get better.

Barb-You sound busy, busy, busy!! I know you can maintain until after the holidays then get back on plan. You can do it!!

Kathi-Good job on planning for a high protein snack to take to work with you today!! Love the blue hat pic!! What are you being interviewed about?? You are gonna be a star, kid!

OverstressedMom-Welcome!! Sounds like you are getting into the habit with the walking. That is great! Keep moving!!

Maddie-Hope the cold gets better soon!!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 11-13-2010, 06:29 AM   #45  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

Another run this morning and more wet feet - only it's not quite as pleasant in UK compared to Aus, when the weather's only 5C and it's running across boggy moorland! Actually, the wet feet part was a bit squelshy and cold, but i do prefer cold weather for running.

Eating-wise i've been pretty good since landing in UK, but that's probably because my body clock hasn't caught up to the time difference so at mealtimes my stomach still thinks it's middle of the night! That won't last for much longer though unfortunately.
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote