Old 11-22-2010, 12:11 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi Tea2!! Welcome to the group! Kudos to you for recognizing the pattern that causes you to gain and for vowing to be accountable.

I'm not sure if I can lose much during the holidays (I still have 10# until goal), but I sure want to at least maintain.

Glad you are here with us!!
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 12:24 PM   #92  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Hi Tea2! And welcome, as well! I've just been posting for a few days here but like feeling that I'm accountable in a way. I had an indulgent weekend with meals, but no snacking, and back on track today. I'd LOVE to lose a bit in the next month, but my realistic side says WHAT??

Annie - Did your fiance head back at the end of the weekend? How far away are you two? That'd be tough! Lunch today is less than a cup of my leftover pasta dish (bowtie, tiny pieces of hot italian turkey sausage, onions and peppers) and some corn. I was rummaging around on the way out the door. I'm debating running home at lunch to let the dog out because all she wanted to do this morning was sniff the wind, which was howling. It's bringing in warm temps - close to 70 today - crazy. But lovin' it!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #93  

NP-Fiance was just here for a few hours on Sat. then went home. He lives 45-50 miles away. We make it work, though.

It is spring-like here today, too. Feels weird but we know very cold weather is coming in just in time for T-giving.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 241/231/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi all!
Got my biscotti made, but not the banana bread yet. Biscotti turned out good, but still feeling crappy. Cough is out-of-hand- so stayed home today, saw dr, got med AND staying home tomorrow. Meds are putting me to sleep, so hopefully I'll sleep and get better
Guess I'm NOT making it to the gym, but should be able to fri/sat.
My goal over the holidays will be to maintain...
Annie- I have a dachshund mix- she's snuggling with me right now
lillydi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #95  
Enjoying la bella vita

Okay - rough evening - found out most likely we'll be going to court for a child support issue this week after being told it wouldn't likely go to court. So NOW all aggravated and frustrated BIGTIME at paying lawyers to seemingly put things off until the last minute and then not get things squared away in time. Determined that OF COURSE I eat when aggravated and trying HARD to not do that. Had a decent dinner (calorie-wise) but then followed with a mini baggie of M&Ms - the kind with 14 in there and two Lorna doone cookies. ARGH. SO irritated and feeling helpless. We'll see how it works out but I'm not feeling that it will go smoothly. Fiance's ex is trying to make things as hard as possible for us before the wedding and honeymoon - wish us luck.

Cutting it short to run an errand.

No biscotti making for me yet... probably won't get done now.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Thank you for the welcome.

Lillydi and the other baking people: I do not know how you do it. Anytime I bake stuff it has to be fed to people pronto or I will eat the leftovers. What derailed me partly last week was having people over and having snacky/desserty leftovers around.

AnnieDrews: That is such a cute pup! I look after my friend's dax sometimes and he is a handful! You look great!
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 01:59 PM   #97  

Hello everyone! Busy morning here, just now getting a chance to catch up. I was so excited for my son. He attends the Academy of Contemporary Music here in OK and went to a Master Class given by Jackson Browne last night! He spoke to the students and performed a couple of his songs. Son had called me last minute to see if I wanted to come, but I had too much to do at home.

I got all of my recipes out last night that I am going to need for this week. I think I am going to also make some Honey Pear Bread and take a loaf to fiance's family as a thank you for hosting Thanksgiving.

LillyDi-I hope the meds are helping and that you feel better for the holiday.

NP-So sorry to hear about the issues w/ fiance's ex and child support, etc. Luckily my ex and I have not had any issues like that. We've been able to agree on pretty much everything when it comes to our sons. That emotional eating is tough, just try not to let it derail you.

Tea2-I know what you mean about having the baked goods around the house. It is tough for me, too. I scarfed down a choco chip muffin last night without blinking an eye.

Yep, I love my little girl (Tootsie)! Sounds like alot of have a little bit of doxie in our lives.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #98  

Forgot to mention that fiance informed me we are having guests at his house this Friday/Friday night. Not thrilled as that was going to be my "take-it-easy" day AND my eat-on-plan day. Now I'll have to help him clean and then cook something. His idea his house being guest-ready and my idea of that are at opposite ends of the spectrum. I shouldn't complain I know, just a bit frustrating.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 11-23-2010 at 02:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:38 PM   #99  

Okay, one more thing and then I'll shut up for a while! My 14-year-old son had outgrown a pair of 32/30 Levis. I was packing them up to drop them in the donation box down the street and thought, heck try them on and see if they fit.....the ALMOST fit! I could get them buttoned, but they were very uncomfortable. I'm not really built to wear men's jeans, but I am keeping them until I get to goal and see then if they fit or not.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #100  
Enjoying la bella vita

Good early evening (in my time zone!) ... Hope everyone's on pace for getting things done at work/home for the holiday break here.

Annie - Great news on the jeans almost fitting - I'm way too curvy for men's jeans no matter what weight I'm at

Tea2 - What time does it get light/dark up there? We have longer days in the summer because we're WAY to the west in the eastern time zone where I am.

I think that I must be a slacker - I don't make anything special for thanksgiving - the desserts are bought and baked (pie) except for my pumpkin cookies ... and the rest of the stuff is EASY (mashed potatoes, garlic green beans, sweet potato casserole, etc.)

I guess that's a good thing as the evenings now have been discussing/prepping (?) for the court case. I'm SO SO frustrated about the whole thing and will be relieved to have it OVER tomorrow. Until the next time she runs to her lawyer for some thing. This should have been settled out of court, according to both lawyers. ARGH. Can you sense my irritation? PHEW. Had to unload. Thanks for listening.

I have a coupon for $10 off at Ruby Tuesday and I'm thinking of seeing if fiance wants to go there for dinner tonight. It expires Thursday and tomorrow I don't want to have to go out. I like their salad bar and usually take most of my entree home I can go broke "saving money"...

what's on tap for everyone this evening?
Old 11-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 205/188/140

Height: 5' 4"

Well, it's about 5:00 right now and it's just got dark. Sun comes up at maybe 7:00? In the summer, sunrise 5:30 and dusk 10 p.m. Much better!

I'm sorry the legal stuff is stressing you out.

Last edited by tea2; 11-23-2010 at 07:09 PM.
tea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:35 PM   #102  

Test
Old 11-24-2010, 07:42 AM   #103  
Enjoying la bella vita

Tea2 - that's nearly the same as we have it here! I LOVE the long light hours in the summer. Now when it's 7:30, it's like I'm thinking it's bedtime

Annie - Are you having connection/computer issues? Good luck getting things set for the Friday dinner and guests, too!

We ended up getting about four hours of sleep (and I'm NOT a light sleep needer; I need a lot) after finding out from the lawyer that we needed three copies of everything last night. Why not tell us a week ago? Grr. So dealt with that and sniped at one another a bit for added measure. Frustrating - hope we have everything resolved after the hearing, but I keep hearing from coworkers that that might not be the case anyway, so ... keeping my fingers crossed. Already was thinking that I "DESERVED" a treat of french fries on the way home from the hearing. WHAT?? I say that now - the "what" ... but I'm suspecting that I won't be thinking that way when I AM driving home - it'll be hmmm... I haven't had fast food in a few years, let's try the fries now that they're not fried in beef tallow or some such stupid thought...
Old 11-24-2010, 10:11 AM   #104  

Hey everyone! Last day of work for the week....YAY! So glad to have some time off. Was running very late this morning but still took the time to pack my lunch. I am trying to stay on-plan as much as possible with all of the goodies looming on the horizon. I baked some Honey Pear Bread last night. It smelled so good in the house! I'm planning to take my workout DVDs to fiance's this weekend and at least get one workout in while I'm there.

Still frustrated to be stuck at my current weight, but very thankful I am not gaining. I suppose if I look closely at what I've been eating I can see why I am not losing (carrot cake anyone??). I don't want to get too comfortable with my current weight because I am still in the "overweight" category BMI-wise and I want to get to my planned goal.

SO SLEEPY this morning. I have not been getting enough sleep lately for many reasons. Last night I had to literally go outside at 10 p.m. to ask the neighbors to stop hammering on their room addition project. 10 P.M.?????? And I ended up feeling like the bad-guy grumpy neighbor. Really ticked me off, but I tried to be nice. So yes, NP, I need my sleep, too. Lately it seems I can't be bothered with getting to bed early enough. I need to work on that.

NP-When I sign onto the site at home lately, I have trouble seeing recent posts....for example when I clicked "View First Unread Post", it took me to Saturday's posts and showed nothing after.....weird.

Did you go to Ruby Tuesday's for supper? I've never been there. There is not one close to me. I hope there are no more legal issues in the future. I have been in a court room just a few times in my lifetime and I hope to never have to be in one again. Very depressing and stressful.

I LOL'd at the "beef tallow" comment!! If you do break down and get the fries, just get the smallest serving they have. Usually the value-sized ones have the least fries in them.

Tea2-Ugh I hate the long winter evenings, too. With my work schedule I don't have time to do anything outside (if I wanted to) when I get home. It is getting dark already by that time. I already miss the warm summer evenings.

Have a good day everyone!!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #105  

Ugh. I just ate a big brownie from the lunch brought in by a drug rep. I had really hoped the off-plan items wouldn't start until tomorrow.