Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #1  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Default POSITIVE UPLIFTING NOTIFICATION: ONE Positive thing about me today is........Part Sev

Hello Sweet taters,

Here we are again, starting another part to the Positive Uplifting Notification thread. Well Ladies here it is..........PART SEVEN........

Today I am Happy once again to give birth to Part Seven of the One Positive thing about me today is.......................

It is time for new beginnings so let's get the party started!!!!!!

For all the newcomer's to this thread Let me tell a little about what we are all about. I thought this was a really cool way to reshape the way we think about things, ourselves, and just plain long stuff, you know the kind that happens in a lifetime, stuff that might throw you a curve ball. Well guess what, there is always a brighter side and that is what we look for, staying on the POSITIVE SIDE. To build our self esteem and to let us know, yes we can, instead of no we can't.

It does not matter if your Positive is big or small, about your weight or not, ANYTHING POSITIVE COUNTS. WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, ENCOURAGE YOU, TO INSPIRE YOU, TO HOLD EACH OTHER UP, AND TO HELP TOOT YOUR HORN. BELIEVE ME, YOU WILL BE SURPRISED AT HOW YOU POSTING YOUR POSITIVES WILL HELP YOU AND SO MANY OTHERS.

I encourage you, in your own time to sneak back and read the FIRST POSITIVE THREAD and even the SECOND and you will understand what a blessing this is. I hope it will is some ways touch your heart.

Now lets get THIS PARTY started and SHOW you how we roll. Jump in, sit back, take your shoes off and stay awhile, for here, we are family!!!!!!

Aggie
_

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-13-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Ags-I'm so happy to see you around the excercise thread, every time I see a post from you it brings a huge smile to my face. Great work!!

Ok ladies, I'm going to try and keep up on this thread. I figure if I jump in at the beginning, I won't get lost, which by the way is very easy for me to do.

I have two positive's today, my daughter Rainlady came in this morning under 200, she's at 198-so awesome. And the second is I made my first goal of 295, actually I'm pinch under at 294.8.
My hubby and kids surprised me the other night with all-star cheer for the wii-holy cow with a wireless nunchuck, my arms are getting the workout of their life. It's a lot of fun.

Carol-I'm glad you had a great time on vacation but I'm so happy to see you back.

Ok, that's it for now, cross your fingers everyone and hope I don't get lost on this thread-LOL
Old 02-13-2010, 12:14 PM   #3  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hey baby girl,
Sweetcakes, I am thrilled to see you back here and now you have brought such a smile to my face, guess we are even ugh??? And Rainlady is your daughter, how cool is that, that girl is rockin ' it. Guess what, Ihave a daughter here on 3FC too, she goes my cakebatter, she is on the 20 something thread. She has lost over 50 pounds so far and exercising her fanny off. You and your daughter are kickin butt and takin' names. Keep those positives a comin'!!!

On a much more serious note, please darlings, hens and rooster alike, if you know the words of prayer, please please pray for my daughter Morgan's two friends. Last night Drea was shot in the chest four times and her friend was shot in the head. The bullets were not intended for either of these so young ladies but they are the ones who caught them. The positive side is they are not dead, it did not kill them but they both are in ICU in critical conditions. Morgan is devestated. Please pray for them and there families as well.

Thanking each of you in advance for I know your hearts are filled with love and compassion and you will join in with me in prayer.

Hugs love and blessings to you and yours,
Ags
Old 02-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #4  

Ags,
Please let Morgan know that her friend's are in my thoughts and prayers. What an aweful thing to happen to anyone let alone innocent by-standers.

Learn
Old 02-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #5  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Thank you Learn,

I will let her know. Did you get to see the last few post of the last thread. If not check it out, thought you might me interested in the chili or Texas baked beans as they call it and Hottie too, since the three of us really seem to like to gas up the tank!!!! LOL LOL LOL
Old 02-13-2010, 06:41 PM   #6  

Oh Ags, please know Morgan's friends will be in my positive meditations for healing and strength and Morgan as well. I am thankful they survived, did they catch who pulled the trigger?
Old 02-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #7  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Sweetcakes,
I do not think so. Waiting for tonight's news broadcast. Thank you all, you are such positive forces in my life.

Love you all,
Ags

By the way, I am making a healthy pasta salad this evening and the ingredients are all here and prepped for the Texas baked bean chili. Woooohaaa!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 PM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

My positive for the day is saving 24dollars at walmart today with coupons. My next positive is a home and great friends. We had a light fixture go bad and caught fire today as hubby was changing light bulbs in it. I was able to trip the breaker and the fire went out. A good friend came and took down the bad fixture and is putting a new one up tomorrow. We will have to replace the carpet because sparks hit the carpet and melted it. A big area rug can cover it until we can afford to replace the carpet.We are blessed!!!
My blah is over...to much to be thankful for!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 05:54 AM   #9  

Default Happy Valentine"s Day!

Good Morning Everyone and Happy Valentine's Day!
Anybody got any exciting or romantic plans for today? Hubby, son, and I were going to do church and then go out to lunch, but with my son and I hacking our brains out, I don't think it would be a good idea. So it's stay in this morning and then maybe lunch later, we'll see.

gggirls- Love the new avatar. Awesome tan you got going there. Do you like the beach? O.K. now let me show off some of my horse knowledge here. The horse you were riding, "Montana", was a Belgian Draft Horse. They average between 17 hh to 19 hh. What's an hh you say? That stands for Hands High. They measure them from the ground to their withers, where the end of their mane meets their back. And a Hand is 4 inches, so for instance a horse that stands 18 hh is actually 72 inches tall or 6 feet tall. Your DH horse was probably a Heinz 57 variety (a.k.a. Mixed breed), but his coloring was called a Buckskin. Characterized by the light coloring on his/her body and the black points (ears, tail, bottoms of legs). Enough of that, your pictures are fantastic. Is the water really that blue and clear? And can I go with you next time?

dgramie- Doesn't the disappearence of the snowman coffee cup mean the disappearence of all that cold snowy weather? What a wonderful surprise to come downstairs to. I am a coupon lover myself. I average about $50.00 each month in coupons. I wish I could get as good as some of the ladies you hear about on TV.

Ags- Thanks for getting #7 started. Any news on Morgan's friend's and if they caught who shot them? And yes I would love the Texas Baked Beans recipe. Although I may substitute the lima beans for something else. For some reason I always gag on lima beans.

Rainlady- Congrats on the under 200 pounds. Way to go girl.

sweetcakes (a.k.a. Mom)- You can't get lost on our thread, we'll find you. Congrats on meeting your goal! Sorry I'm not contributing so much on the exercise thread, but I'll try to catch up when this bug leaves my lungs.

Bo, Rooster, HotWings- Hope you have a great Valentine's Day.

As for me I am still sick, but alive. I am now at the hacking my head off stage of this bug. I coughed all night, but managed to get a few hours sleep.
It does feel like things are loosening up though phlegm wise. I stayed POP on my eating, but skipped the exercise due to coughing so much and the harder I breath the worse the coughing gets. Must get my lungs healthy first, then exercise.
That is it for me this morning. I wish everyone a wonderful Valentine's Day and I will pop back in later.

Later ~ Learn
Old 02-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #10  

Good Morning and Happy Valentines Day. I awoke to find snow falling this morning. They say we are going to get some really ugly weather tonight. I am kinda enjoying my coffee this morning and watching the snow fall. It seems like all of our snows this year have fallen at night and I didnt get to just sit and watch it.
I am still planning on going to church...just a house between me and my church so travel problems for me getting there. We always have church even during the icestorm last winter and now power. Our pastor feels that we should have our doors open for anyone who wants to be in church. We do get alot of visitor because our doors are open when other churches cancel.
Im making a pot of potato soup for lunch.I will eat my cup and half and that will be it. I think dinner will be chicken salad with grapes.YUMMY!!!
learn- I am reallly going to make a effort with the coupons ...i saved almost 1/3 off my bill. I had alot of personal care product coupons. My son was telling me yesterday about a blogspot coupon site...gotta get an address on it.
Agg- how is Morgan? Has she heard any news on her friends? She is in our prayers along with her friends.

Carol- Wow Im jealous ..you look amazing!! I can tell a big difference in you from last years cruise photos.

Everyone else_ HI!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Happy Valentine's Day to each of you sweethearts! Each of you touch me daily and enhance my life with the positive energy that flows here. Part of the success I have seen is due in part to you - people who understand what it is to be morbidly obese. Celebrate this day of love by loving yourself.

Ags - thanks for getting us going - part 7 - did you have any idea when you started this thread? Any update on Morgan's friends? Such sadness in the world today at times. Hold your loved ones a little closer.

Sweetcakes - great to see you posting here. You have much to add - please share your wisdom with the group. You are the exercise queen! What a role model for rainlady and bookwyrm you are! Watching you take care of yourself has been an awesome picture. Thanks for sharing.

Learn - thanks for the horse info. Poor old Montana did not like my weight one bit and eventually just stopped - wouldn't take a step further. But my biggest fear was not realized - them having a scale to make sure I was under the weight limit. Now you take care of yourself today - what if instead of going out for lunch DH goes and picks up carryout - you all could use another day to heal - and not spread those icky germs that might filter back to DS at school.

Debbie - nasty storm here this afternoon - so ready to be done with it. Next year we are vacationing the first of March - watch it be an early spring and warm here. Thanks for the comment about the change from last year - weight is not much different but fitness is.

As for me - today is stay home day! Finish up chores - pay bills and make my weekly pot of soup - I really missed it last week. I think this week will be a southwest veg soup - we'll see how it plays out. DH has worked the last two nights so tonight will be a very well marinated pork tenderloin with roasted cauliflower and a salad. One more positive - the scale shows I have released 12 lbs since last Monday - that certainly helps me stay focused.

Back to my oldie - - - MOVE YOUR BODIES, DRINK YOUR WATER AND SMILE!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #12  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU! If you did not see my other post on 3FC about a gift for you, please see my blog (link below). It is especially important that I notify everyone in this thread.

Wow, so much going on with my friends here. Please forgive if I am way behind and miss anything, because.. well, I'm way behind and might miss something. LOL!

Ags: What a horrible thing to have happen with your daughter's friends. Please give Morgan a huge hug from me. I am going to skip over to the last thread in a bit and snatch that Texas baked beans recipe. Gotta fill up the tank.

dgramie: Way to save those $$! And your new avatar is smashing!! SO pretty!

Learn: Kick that bug to the curb and feel better soon! Rise like the hulk from your bed and beat its butt! Happy Valentines to you, too!

gggirls: Your day sounds like mine - filled with chores! Oh well, it must be done!

For me: I have not been keeping up here, because I have been working on my blog. I decided I wanted to journal my journey so I would have something to look back on, and what better place to do it than a blog! The problem is, it is pretty time consuming. I feel like I am missing out in this thread. I will try to pop in when I can - please try to pop over and give me a shout out now and then. So if you want to know what is up with me at any time, just click the link in my signature.

Now the bestest news: I HAVE BROKEN MY PLATEAU!! I lost *drumroll please* 5 pounds so far this week!!! w00t! I know some was water, because I was retaining just a bit. But I really believe I am on the downward roll again! Only 5 more pounds until I reach my second mini-goal.

Have a terrific Valentine's day!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #13  

Good morning everyone,
I'm squeezing in on a friend's laptop, our computer decided to put itself out of it's misery and bit the dust. The hub is working on getting me another one, hopefully I won't be out of commission too long.

Ags-how are Morgan's friends doing? How is she doing?
I continue to keep all effected in my meditations and prayers.

dgramie-I don't know if you've ever heard of a website called coupon clippers. It lists about 2500 different coupons who can purchase for pennies a piece. Actually what you are paying for is her time to cut and process them because selling coupons is illegal, it's a way to get around the technical legal stuff. I just got in another batch, I spent 20 bucks for around $250 dollars worth of coupons. What I love is that you can pick the exact ones you want. I don't think I've paid full price for a bottle of Tide or Downy in over a year. And since Kroger doubles anything 60 cents or under, for me, the coupons help out immensely. Last year I got so many for Luzianne tea, I was able to buy a year's worth of Tea bags for $10.00

Learn-sorry to hear you are a bit under the weather, must be making it's rounds. My daughter Brittany is battling a nasty bug, poor thing slept almost 14 hours straight yesterday. I hope you feel better soon. I agree, let the hubby pick up some carry out

Carol-WOW, you look fabulous, absolutely fabulous. Ok, how is it when I get a tan, I look like a tomato, when you get a tan, you look amazing. Kudos for getting on a horse. I tried horseback riding once, my horses name was Lucky, I however was not. Apparently my magic power was the ability to make Lucky have to pee, every five minutes. Did you post any pics from the trip? I haven't been able to find any, am I looking in the wrong spot? Knowing me-probably

Hot wings-way to go on working through your plateau, so many times we get frustrated and give up. What great character you have to push through and forge forward. Very inspirational!!

Happy Valentines day to Bo and nathan!!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:24 PM   #14  

I have another positive for the day. I have power in my living room and it only costed me 35 dollars...thank God for good friend with skills.
I also had a POP day!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:14 AM   #15  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola chicas!

ggg- welcome back your cruise sounded amazing! I am going on another cruise in September can't wait I will be stopping at the caymen islands and Cozumel so reading your reviews were very helpful! you got a great tan and your formal night pics turned out great! I LOVE formal nights!

learn- thanks for adding me on facebook! on the days I dont stop in here I almost always check my facebook daily so I can keep in touch there better! Hope your feeling better! I know how it feels to have that bug that just wont go away!

ags- I am so sorry about morgans friends! my step sister was murdered 7 years from the same things it was gang violence and she was caught in the cross fire it's so sad innocent people get hurt and killed by such nonsence! prayers and positives thoughts sent that way! congrats on weighing
in at the same number I hope on your official day it still shows good news!

dgramie- glad you had a POP day and your power is on!

As for me my bronchitis and pneumonia is almost nearly gone.. I cough maybe only a handful of times through out the day now and my wheezing is gone completely!! my back is still in a tizzy but it did slightly improve today.. I was able to get out of bed and walk around with out assistance for the most part. me and my hubby always rate our pain or use percentages when were hurt or feeling sick to tell how improved we are so today I said on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the worst I was at a 6.5-7 today which is good because prior I was at a 8-9!

I was supposed to start my new job tomorrow but with my back all spazzed out i couldnt. but the positive in it is my new boss was SUPER understanding she didn't make me feel guilty and totally understood so she gave me an extra week to stay home an recoup before starting!
Closed Thread