Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #31  

Height: 5'7"

learn- hi and the sewing went great 9 hours worth!! No hubby didnt get beef stragnoff. I didnt stop sewing long enough to make it, maybe today.
MIKe- hi and welcome. Ice skating sounds like fun. I have never been but if its anything like rollerblading then I may be better off not trying it.IM a Klutz!!!
cj- I need to start need week on some decluttering.My problem is I love to declutter and hubby is a packrat. I have to get rid of stuff with out him knowing. We have lived in this house for 20yr and its full again. My biggest problems is that i have ds and dd stuff still.

I just heard on the new we have a snow and freezing rain event coming over the weekend again...IM SICK OF SNOW!!!
I am back to working today so that is a good thing.
Hugs to all
Old 02-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #32  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

OKay darlings,

here is the recipe as I promised......Hope you like it as much as we all did!!!

Brown and reserve:

1/2 pound ground beef (I actually miss read the recipe when I first made it and used 1 pound ground beef) It was still awesome.
1/2 pound chopped bacon
1 mediun onion

I browned the ground beef and onion together and the bacon speartley.

Mix well these ingredients and then add to meat mixture:
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup bbq sauce (whatever kind you like)
1 tbsp prepared mustard
1 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp chili powder

Then add: all 16oz size cans:

1 can red kidney beans
1 can large butter beans
1 can pork and beans
1 can pinto beans

Bake on 350 for one hour or on low for six hours in crock pot. I did mine in the oven this time cause the folks were hungry!!!!!!!!!

This was a winner to all who ate it!!

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-18-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #33  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Okay it is catch up time for on all those posts missed reading yesterday.....so here goes,

So let me start with sweetcakes,
Isn't fun having your family in this with you. Two of my daughter's Ivory and cakebatter are doing so well at this weight loss thing. I am just tryint to follow their lead and keep up. Both are exercising and Cake is now into running marathon's. Can't touch that. STill no news on Morgan's friends or the coulprit who designed this maddness. Thank all of you for the continuing prayers.

Rooster *1,
Missing you guy, hope all is well, and sending you best wishes from my house to yours.

Maria,
I am happy to know that you are feeling better. Cause you know a momma worries about her children, even if they are here cyber children, they count just as much.

Good Morning Learn,
Delving into new languages are we?? Good for you, I have been trying to learn to speak Spanish now for three years, and still don't have the full swing of it yet. But I will keep trying cause I just love hearing it.
I am sooo happy to know that you are getting better. As for your question to me, Foot still hurts like crap, think I may have to suck it up and get the cortizone shot, but here is the kicker, I am petrified of needles, can someone please go with me and hold my hand. I promise I won't break it off. LOL!!! Another positive for me is that I will get that tooth pulled on the 3rd, say prayers, cause this is just way too many shots for me a such a small period of time, trust me I will be getting the laughing gas. Now you keep rocking it girl, stay POP and keep those exercises rolling. Way proud of you!!! WOOT WOT!!!

BigMike,
Once again Welcome and what a wonderful way to get exercise in Ice Skating. I would love to learn how, but I neve even learned to roller skate. My kids can and they love it, it looks like so much fun.. You are rockin' dude. You are our Rooster #2. We love have Rooster's around this hen house. Thank you so much for the prayers. Wow, you have a interesting job, be careful out there please!!!!

D, you have got lots of positives going on in your life right now. They both will pass their tests with flying colors, no doubts in my mind. Sewing, ummm, I have not done that in many moons, but you love it. What types of baby gifts are you making. Unexpected days off, they ROCK!!!! Now snow snow, go away, come again some other day. We have been snow free for a few days and praying for NO MORE!!!! Enjoy your time with your kids and make that pot of Beef Stragonoff for your darling hubby.

CJ,
Good job and when you finish can you come and help with mine. I have soooo many cooking magazine and cook books and just stuff in general. It makes absolutely no sense how many recipes I have. Under my computer table there are about 3 to 4,000 that I have printed just off of FoodTV Network. Many I have made and many I do not even remember what they are. Help!!!!! Teach me how to declutter darling. I am proud of you getting things done, but you always do babe. Why??? CAUSE CJ ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol,
Good to know Dad is doing well. And look at you day NINE POP!!!!!! Stella got her groove back and so did you!!!!! Tell Ed, he looked so handsome in all his beach pic's. Profiling and stylig he was!!!! You two accomplient each other so well.

Well my other positive for the day is.........I took the day off to stay off of this foot and so far so good. I should be ready for action tomorrow and staying on point eating this week so we shall see, cause on never seems to know.

Later gators,
Will check back in a little later,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 02-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #34  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola chickaroos

Today is a good day! The sun is shining so beautifully. I hear people mowing there lawn.. I can smell spring in the air.. and My old preschool called me to sub this morning! It was good to see my class and know they all still love and miss me there!

I'll post personals a little later. me and the hubby are about to go furniture shopping! yay new bedroom set here we come!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:51 AM   #35  

Good morning all,
This is a quickie, going back to bed. My mom has woke me up in the middle of the night every night for the last 5 days and it's all catching up to me. So I will catch up here on 3FC a little later. Have a great day!

Later ~ Learn
Old 02-18-2010, 07:03 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Learn -- go back to beddy-bye, I will check back later to see your morning post. Sweet dreams.

Maria -- you “sound” so much better today. Have a wonderful day.

Carol -- will you pm me with your Facebook account so I can look at your photos from the trip. Thanks!

Debi -- it sounds like you’re very close to your children, that’s so nice.

Big Mike -- hope you’re doing well on your plan.

A big “shout out” to Bo // HotWings // SweetCakes and all our friends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post
Foot still hurts like crap, think I may have to suck it up and get the cortizone shot, but here is the kicker, I am petrified of needles, can someone please go with me and hold my hand.
Hi Ags -- I have had cortisone shots in my heel and it wasn't painful at all. Many years ago I had plantar fasciitis and was scheduled to go to Cuba for a photography week where I would be walking a lot. I was petrified of the pain, so they gave me an injection which actually totally cured me for about 2 years! I tried it again after 2 years, and while the shot didn't hurt, I think the doctor did not place it correctly because the second time it did not help with the pain. Ultimately, I overcame the whole thing by wearing really sturdy shoes with heels all the time, although I don't have to so much anymore.

Also -- believe me -- you do NOT want me to come unclutter your house. I am the worst. Anytime I find out someone is a neat-nik I rub their back or arm hoping it will "rub off" on me, but so far it hasn't worked, haha. (I always explain what I'm doing beforehand so they don't go wild.)

My positive is that I'm feeling really good this morning and I know I will get a lot done today. My DF is always telling me to "relax", well, I don't WANT to relax. I want to get this crap out of my life and get 'er done.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:18 AM   #37  

Height: 5'7"

HI...my positive for today is the sun is going to shine. I so miss my friend the sun.I also noticed yesterday my easter flowers are coming up through the snow.LOL Guess that proves spring is just around the corner.
Im not catholic but since my son and his family are I decided I would give up something for lent.IM giving up all bites between meals ...except for scheduled snacks.I am the worst at taking a few goldfish crackers when I lay out snack for the kids and a few marshmellow, a chip here and a there. I am also going to spend a little bit of time with God each morning...something I have been slacking on.
agg- my son will love your recipe.
learn- rest you need it!!
cj- i love the way my house feels when its been decluttered!!
carol, mike and maria- hi
Old 02-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #38  
Freshly Hatched

S/C/G: 409/249/220

Height: 5'2

Hiya everybody! My good thing today is that it's been four months since my last pack of smokes was bought It's been almost five months since my last coke too. Self control for the win! Hope your day's as good as mine
Old 02-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #39  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good morning to all my sweet taters,

Learn,
Baby get you some rest, life without can be frackalackin' kaos!!!! We will see ya when we see ya, take all the zzzz's you need and we will be right here. You can take that to the bank!!!

Maria,
You must have felt like Heaven seeing all of you little one's. Doesn't it feel grand to be missed. Get it girl.

CJ, Thanks for the good news about the shot, all I have Good morning to all my sweet taters, heard were horror stories. I have often thought why folks liked to scare the beegeebee's out of me with their stories, it always made matters worse.
Daddy calls me a pack rat and I guess I am. I save everything, everything, yes everything. I once bought two cases of itty bitty bottles of hot sauce, why you say....because I thought they were cute. Now tell me, who has the problem????? Great job though on you getting yours decluttered. You are rockin' it right now!!!! So go ahead and get er' done!!!

D,
Easter flowers, they sound so delightful, hot diggity dang dang, Spring is around the corner. Yay!!!! Good luck to you giving up all those bites, licks and tastes, and use for BLT!!! cute ugh? You will do fabulous and the outcome will be great too, both spiritually and health wise. Hey double fold, you rock!!!! Let me know if your likes the chili.

BigMIke,
Outstanding to NY's finest!!!!! That was awesome, skipping the jelly doughnuts all together. You get a Giant WOOT WOOT!!!!! Keep that skating up, it's good for your everything and yeah, I know all about those old school skates, although I never learned to skate, just something about round rollers under my feet holding my fate. I am one of those that must have both feet planted firmly on the ground at all times....and even then sometimes I fall. LOL LOL

My positive for the first half of the day is..........I took another day off, my paycheck will not be happy and neither will I when I get it, but for now, right now it ROCKS!!!!! Today is WI.....so we shall see cause one never knows. I will be back later this evening with the results...all prayers are welcome!!!!

Shout outs to Shia (oh how I miss you), Mainha, Fun, Bite, Thighs,Nooch (guess school really has you busy, kick butt girl), NonaB, Oatmeal, Tracy, Inthemidst, Rooster #1, all of the newbies that found us and went away, Seagore, and so many many
more, Here is love and kisses for you all. Come back and see us now whenever you can. Congrats on all you have and are accomplishing in your
lives. You all ROCK!!!!!

Later gators and taters,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-18-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #40  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hi there and Welcome ZimZIm,

OUTSATANDING!!!!!! YOU ARE ROCKING IT!!!!!! From looking at your stat's, you have found out just how to do this the right way, I hope to follow your lead. Good health, good life, and lots of love to you!!!!! Make sure you come back now, ya hear.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 332/see ticker/132

Height: 5' 3.5"

Talking

Holy moley this is the most exuberant thread I have ever seen, on any forum, ever. How fun! I wish I had peeked in here before today

I went through and read everybody's accomplishments (congrats all!) and general happy thoughts (YAY) and send my warm fuzzies out where it is needed.

Today, my positive came from out of the blue and has set me up for a great morning so far; for no particular reason that I can discern, the upcoming Chair of my department (I work in a University, and this was the head honcho) came up to me and said "Brandee, I really need to tell you how wonderful you are. Working with you is just the best. Every morning I come in here and I am just happy that you are here. Really. Thank you". Can you imagine? It almost made me cry. What a way to start a day...
Old 02-18-2010, 02:15 PM   #42  

Hello, Hello, Hello!!!
Better late then never, right? Well I am rested and I even went out and got my errands done. Today was payday for my DH and oh happy day his yearly bonus came in also, so guess what we decided to do with that extra moola? We were able to pay off his van and now our plan is to take the extra money that would have gone for his van pymt and add it to my jeep pymt. So now we should have my jeep paid off in 15 months. Oh how I love it when something goes our way for a change. Then next month our income tax will come in and we're thinking of heading for the mountains for 5-7 days and leave my sister and brother to worry about mom for a while. I definitely need to get away from here for a while and just breath.

CJ- Go out there and "Get er' done!"

dgramie- Isn't it nice to see the flowers break through the surface and reach for the sunshine. I bet their pretty.

Mike- Yum, DD. I love their coffee, but avoid them due to too many temptations. Maybe someday.

Zimzim- WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!! Glad to have you on board. On June 5th. it will be 4 years since I've had a cigarette. Soda, OMG! It's been so long I can't remember. Still have an occassional Barq's rootbeer if I see it on a menu when dining out, but carbonated drinks don't come in my home at all. I'm strickly water and coffee (am only) now. Look forward to getting to know you better.

Ags- Take care of that foot neighbor and here's to a fantastic W.I. You know I really miss Shia also. I hope she's O.K. and can stop in for a visit soon.

Bee- WOW! What an awesome compliment. You must be on cloud nine after hearing that. If only more boss's would show their appreciation verbally like that. Words can really go a long way. Look forward to hearing more from you here on the POSITIVE thread. WELCOME!!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day and I will check back in later!

Later ~ Learn

Last edited by learningtoliveagain; 02-18-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:17 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

I'm here-got a new tower up and running. Will post more tonight and catch up.
Love to all!!
Faith
Old 02-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Ags???? I'm waiting (not so patiently)

Faith - great to see you back! BTW congrats on achieving Goal #1 - it's a proud one isn't it.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:32 PM   #45  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Okay darling's,
Here it is.................DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!!!!

I RELEASED 4.2 POUNDS THIS WEEK!!!! I SURPASSED MY 10% GOAL BY 1.6 POUNDS!!! YAY ME!!!!!

Now on to the next 35 down!!!!!!!

PacificaBee,
Happy you found us, better later than never. Settle in, cozy up, and stay awhile, we are all family here!!! WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME!!!!

Sweetcakes,
Praise the Lord on the new tower!!!!!

See all you dudes and dudette's tomorrow,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Closed Thread