Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Good morning all and welcome to the first day of March, finally the peeks of spring are showing through.

Learn-I had to laugh about the dog needing a bath. We have a little mutt, Mandrake, she's priceless and I swear she's the only dog who smells like catfish. You take her out and walk her on a warm day and when you come back in the house, she smells like she just spent five hours in a catfish pond. No matter what we do, she smells like catfish, sadly that's not a pleasant smell at all.

Debi-Yes I thought you were around 35 and then when I saw your son's age, I realized you probably didn't have a kid when you were 9. Re-decorating a room is so delightful, if only we didn't need a ladder. Man, your calves burn like fire the day after, thank heaven my hub is 6 foot 4. You're breakthrough is right around the corner-I know you can do it!!

ZimZim-do you have photos from then and now? Sometimes it helps when we can see it. Or when is the last time you tried on a piece of clothing you used to wear when you started? That can give you solid grasp of your sucess as well. Either way, take a minute to pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

Bo-I can feel it, 299 is on it's way. Oh..that feels so good when that little number 3 disappears!!

Mariam-your cabinet story made me giggle, my poor son has two teenage sisters and on behalf of young men everywhere, thanks are in order for hiding all the "girly" products. I believe he's seen more tampon wrappers then most married men.

Hotwings-Awesome exercise plan, nothing but benefits baby, nothing but benefits.

Ags-when we give ourselves over to a higher power, it's amazing how quickly our life shifts into an extreme state of happiness and fulfillment. Good for you for seeing the gift of the message, so many choose to let the words go unheard.

Carol-ok, I'm hooked-what is French chicken? All I can see is a chicken wearing a beret. Nice post btw on the exercise thread. I'm so proud of how well we are doing, seriously we all rock!!

CJ-70 pounds baby-that's the way to do it-Congrats!! You name it exercise wise, if I like it, I do it. I walk, I do yoga, get on the bike, play the wii, pull out the old Richard Simmons tapes, free weights, Denise Austin, Jane Fonda, yesterday I threw the softball around. There is nothing that's off limits, if it brings me happiness and my body activity, it's on the table.

Well as for me, it's the beginning of a new month, ready to hit the ground running and tackle that exercise goal. Ohhh....life is good!!

All my love,
Faith

Last edited by sweetcakes736; 03-01-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Faith - here's the recipe for the French Country Chicken

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/entr...h-chicken.html

it was good but waaaaaaaaay too salty for me - I'm going to try to come up with something similar on my own.

Friends - I have my drive back - I'm in the zone. For the first time in a very long time I know I can do this. I've stayed around this weight for long enough - not complaining about almost 90 lbs gone - but time to make this hard work pay instead of those little sabotaging behaviors.

The endorphins are aplenty tonight - I can whip the world. I LOVE HOW I FEEL AFTER A GREAT WORKOUT - now remind me of this when I try to wimp out. My goal for March is to get some formal exercise every single day. Tomorrow will be the first test - it will be the non-class days that I'll need to re-read this post.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #123  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Good evening to all,

Bo,
You will have those three pounds nipped and tucked in no time flat. You are Queen, chickie!!!!

Maria,
I know that bathroom is looking fabulous and great job on that low cal breakfast.

Carol,
You took us over the top, WTG!!!

D,
I know that room in awesome and it looks as though you made it out of the bed sore bones and all. D, I am okay, just still going through a learning process, if I say I give it to God, then I need to stop trying to help Him and stop interfering in His business. My two youngest are His business, for they were His children before they were mine, and if He could create creation without my help, He can surely take care of my two youngest knuckleheads. So with that being said, Yes, I am okay.

Hottie,
So happy to see you sweetie, and the plan, work it gilr!!!!

Learn,
And did you say your dog smells!!! LOL LOL I love to watch ball room dancing, Have you all ever seen the movie Shall We Dance with Antonio Banderas!!! Caliente!!!! One day I shall Tango!!!!! Learn, you are surprising yourself. you set your goal and then beat it. How awesome is that!!! You will meet the goal with a breeze.

CJ,
Another pound down, oh yeah keep the win at your back!!!! You have done a fantastic job yourself Missy Pooh, go take another look at your pictures. Stay encouraged sweet thing!!!

Sweetiecakes,
Yes I have created a new name for you and I just love it, hope you don't mind. I know how excited you are about the start of the new exercise month and I have already posted my minutes there for today. I know you will take off running and finish the same way. You and Carol are the Queen Bee's of exercise.

Hey hey hey.............where are the Rooster's of this barnyard????? You guys better find your way back to check on us Hen's.!!! LOLOLOL And to all you Sista's that are MIA, sara, Nonb, Fungirl, Rena, and all the newbies that breezed by.............sending love and hugs your way. We miss you.....SMOOCHES!!!!!!

As for me, my positive for the day is................I most assuredly have had a POP day!!!! From the beginning to the end it has been absolutely awesome. Yes all, I have rocked this day to the fullest. Even got in 15 min. of walking!!!!! Oh yeah!!!

Until tomorrow,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 03-01-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:20 PM   #124  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hols chicas!

It's Monday and I'm not a big fan of Mondays..I was not feeling to positive today since nothing seemed to go right.. but the positive is that it's almost over and I'm going to go take a nice hot bath and call it a day! ADIOS MONDAY!

ags good job on getting that 15 min walk in! every min helps!

learn You should try the applebees low cal menu it's really good! You and your son and hubby should go out for dinner next weekend and give it a try!

ggg good job getting in that zone! I have yet to get there exercise wise.. but I will soon! just trying to get down my good healthy eating habits again!
Old 03-02-2010, 05:03 AM   #125  

Good Tuesday Morning All,
Well it's official! I am boycotting Dancing With The Stars(DWTS)! Why you ask! If there is one show I never watch and can't stand, it's the Bachelor. But I have always been a DWTS fan. Well for the past week I've been hearing them state that they would announce what stars would be on DWTS during the final episode of the Bachelor, so I suffered through the final episode of which they never revealed one DWTS member until the idiot Bachelor Jack or Jake chose is final floozy, some needs her roots done, over bleached blonde from about an hour north/east of me. Then to make matters worse it's the worst DWTS cast I could imagine. They held off announcing the last star for another 30 minutes only to find out it's Bachelor Jack or Jake.
I'm so mad I could spit..............Patooy (that was the sound of me spitting).
O.K. I'm done ranting and raving!

dgramie- I would love to give my dog a bath, but I bath her outside and our well water is ice cold. I just can't do that to her or me. I've only bathed her once in the house when she was a puppy and although she doesn't like getting a bath, she turns into Hurricane Peanut when she's done. Running, jumping, and shaking her slopping wet fur everywhere. My bathroom looked like a water war zone when I got done.
WOW, two 81" sofa's, that must be a large livingroom to hold those. Don't you just love shopping for home decor? I do, just haven't been able to afford to.

CJ- I've started walking right after I drop my son off at school at the local park near by and they have a paved 1 mile & 1/2 mile trail for walkers and bikers. It's been so pretty out with the cool crisp mornings and the trail runs on the outside edge of the park with nothing but cow pastures surrounding it. Yesterday I brought my little pocket digital camera with me hoping to take pics of the Mama cows and their little calves, but they were too far away. Did get a nice shot of the pond with ducks and Sandhill Cranes.
Well you put it in writing, did you get a lot done yesterday? Congratulations on hitting that 70 pound mark.

sweetcakes- I have no doubts that you will be tackling and running all month and surpass you goal for March. My sister who lives with us has one of those dogs that smells no matter what you bath him in. He stinks inside and out though, if you get my drift (or his, P.U.).

gggirls- That French Country Chicken recipe does sound good, but the Knorr soup mix is the salt colprit. Gotta find a substitute for that before I'll make it. So glad your feeling better and back in the zone. Now move it, move it!!!

Ags- OMG! Does my dog smell. LOL!!! You are moving it to lose it neighbor. So glad your on the exercise thread with me. Now remember, Let Go, Let God! Let him guide your two youngest and teach them life's little leasons. You've done your part. now it's time for them to experience what life and God is all about. They'll be O.K.

maria- How was your relaxing bath? I have a nice big garden tub and it serves to purposes. Purpose #1 of course is for bathing and purpose #2 is it makes a great place to store my Fitness Ball. Which I'll probably be using today since the weather is turning too yucky to go outside and walk.
I will be trying Applebee's soon. I want to try that Asiago steak, yum!
The other day I went to several of the restaurants websites and looked at their menus and wrote down some nice, within reason calorie/fat wise options. I printed it out and now keep a copy in my purse, so if we're out and it's late and we decide to eat out I can be comfortable knowing I have some options before I even walk into the restaurant. We basically go to the same 3 or 4 restaurants in my area.

As for me I had a super duper POP day yesterday. Pushed the water all day long to rid myself of TOM's gift. Walked in the park, did marathon shopping at 2 grocery stores, cleaned my back porch/deck, and vacuumed my humble abode. Today I am waging a war on the dust bunnies. Yes the bunny fur is going to fly. And since the weatherman says rain all day (which it has started already) I will bounce my way to fitness today on my fitness ball. Gonna try it without the timer set and just bounce through an episode of Dr. Oz. I'm hoping I can make it at least a half hour anyway.

Friends, have a wonderful Tuesday and let's keep it movin' and shakin'.

Later ~ Learn
Old 03-02-2010, 06:00 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Today I have to take my car in ... someone hit my tail light and side bumper while I was parked and I'm getting it repaired. It will take two days (I guess the paint needs to dry really well or something?)

Anyway, I have decided I will walk everywhere I need to go for two days. So that's my exercise goal. I will even walk to my exercise class on Wednesday. Because I live in a small town, most everything is within walking distance of my house. But I've never done anything like this before, normally I would rent a car. Woo Hoo!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:28 AM   #127  

Height: 5'7"

My couchs look nice.I am so happy with the outcome of the room and it was much needed since it had been the same since 95. I use to change things up every few years but havent in a long time. I think over spring break I will do the dinning room the same color as the living room. It will be a chore but easy compared to the huge living room.
My positive for today is laundry is started already and Im dressed to my shoes and ready to tackle the rest of the house. I got my minitramp handy so I can jump tonight during tv shows. IM so hoping biggest loser is on.
I had a pop day yesterday!
Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #128  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Well hiddy ho neighbors,

Looks pretty full so far this glorious day!!!

Let's get it poppin'.........

Wow, I do not know how I missed that recipe Carol, will go back and check it out this evening, I do love chicken. I have made another batch of salsa, took it to work with me for my lunch yesterday, and the vulture's started circling. They loved it, so much as to they asked me this morning, is there any more salsa. It was almost hard to share that was all I had taken with me to have lunch, and some of these people are some of the best back stabbers you could ever come across, but I bit the bullet and did the Godly thing, and I feed my enemies, who knows, maybe showing them kindness in the midst of their mess, maybe a seed was planted. Wow!! To God be the GLory!!!! Making more tonight Carol, for home though.

Learn, you did a marathon all by yourself. WTG!!!!! You will pass your exercise in a day or two at that rate. Work it mommie!!!!! POP POP POP goes Learn.

CJ, Way proud of you, get your walk on girlie, hot diggity dang dang, you are not taking the easy way out, no rental car for you this time around. YOu are my shinning star today!!!!

D, What color did you paint the room and what color couches did you get?? And look at you, already planning your next venture. Now jump to it and get that tramp out!!! POP POP POP!!!

My positive today is.............a cold is trying to catch me, but I am running for my life. I am ducking and dodging, weaving and a bobbing, I will not go down!!!! I have got my Vitamin C, My grapeseed extract, my zinc and my tylenol cold packs made and delivered, I 'm ready for the show down, and I will not be the one going DOWN!!!!! Having another POP day and about to get my 15minutes of walking in. Wow, that will be 30 down and 170 left to go. Work it Momma!!!!

Later all,
I will breeze back thru this evening,
Hugs love and blessing, and today, be a blessing to someone else!!!

Love ya, AGs
Old 03-02-2010, 01:34 PM   #129  
Ready To Be Healthy!!

S/C/G: 312/292/150

As I read through the posts...you ladies are AWESOME! I am laughing and smiling!! I too am a DWTS fan...I love the show and have never had any desire to watch "The Bachelor". I don't think I boycott...but I can definately route for him to be sent home first!

Such fantastic personalities and senses of humor...you ladies are my positive for the day!
Old 03-02-2010, 07:44 PM   #130  

Willow - you are absolutely right - what a wonderful group this is. They won't let you stay down forever - they extend their hand and heart and pull you right back up - even when you're not quite ready.

CJ - awesome to walk while the car is in the shop! Somehow I see a day a week without using your car in your future.

It's March 2 and so far I've met my exercise goal - exercise every day of March. Worked late - came home and bundled up - leashed up the girls and off we went. Cold, invigorating and wonderful.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:53 PM   #131  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Hey all!

CJ: You have to remember that I started out wayyyyy bigger than you I would give anything to be where you are right now! You are workin it - and all this walking everywhere is going to pay off in a big way! Sorry to hear about your car, though. We are going through the same thing. In a month's time DH's truck was struck TWICE in a stupid parking lot. Both times he came out of the store and was like WTF? Neither party even left so much as a note with a phone number or anything. Where has taking responsibility for your actions gone these days? We would have left a note in a heartbeat. And these are HUGE dents - the whole bumper has to be replaced and the back panels need work as well. It is frustrating! And we are now having to pay a $500 deductible for something that is not even our fault.

maria: Mmmm a nice hot bath would be fabulous! I hope you enjoyed every second of it.

Willow: Welcome to the thread! Everyone here really keeps your spirits lifted. So important on this journey to feeling more positive about ourselves and losing weight.

learn: You were one busy woman! How did the bouncing go?? I can't stand those reality "find your true love" kind of shows. They are just money makers for the TV companies. I have my doubts about the reality of anything on those reality shows.

gggirls: A nice, crisp walk sounds great right now! We need more snow gone for that here.

Ags: I am laughing over here! lol I would hate to be a cold up against you right now. How is it going - are you knocking it out??

I rocked another on plan day today! Got in some exercise and shoveled snow. One more pound til I reach my mini-goal.. come on scale.. work with me!

Last edited by HotWings; 03-02-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #132  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola chicas!

Today's positive Is that dirty rat TOM is almost gone and should be packing up his bags and hitting the highway by tomorrow (hopefully) and I picked up an extra hour at work today which means a little extra something in my pay check and now I'm home making my delicious low cal tater tot casserole. YUM YUM!

ags YOU show that cold whose boss! I just found out yesterday that my boss and her daughter have strep throat so I went to walmart bought me some vitamin C, echinacea, fish Oil, and a multi vitamin. in hopes I can build up my immunity enough that I wont catch it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed because i REFUSE to get sick AGAIN!

hot wings WOW! still shoveling snow? it's been spring weather here all month! I used to live in Minnesota and also in Iowa for most of my youth so I know how the winters are there that is one thing I DON'T MISS! good job on your work out though

sweet cakes heheh.I'm sure most men don't' care to see tampons and pads scattered about in the bathroom! so I tried to consider their feelings.. thus why I got my little cabinet haha

CJ YAY for 70lb!!! that is AWESOME! you go girl

learn good job pushing that water... Hopefully it helps get rid of the extra baggage tom likes to leave around.. I'm hopefully sending him packing by tonight or tomorrow! He just keeps hanging around..

dgram jumping while watching TV sounds like a winner to me! I should get one of those mini tramps!

ggg good job meeting you exercise goals!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:54 PM   #133  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Okay darlin's,

Here is my last peek my head in for the night, and guess what? Gosh darn it, it is snowing here again. Can someone help me out here please!!!!

Willow,:we lcome3:
I am happy to know that we made you smile and laugh, when reading these posts, I even sometimes cry, crys of jou and of love for all of my sista's accomplishments here. Sometimes I even shout it out, you go girl or dude. I gotta tell you, it feels really great to know that we are your positive for the day. Thank you!!!
Now make sure you stay awhile and become a part of this great family we have knitted together here. Take your shoes off and relax, and enjoy the ride. :welc ome:

Carol,
All I can say is WORKKKKK ITTT!!!!! You never quit, cause I know quitting is not an option.

Hottie oh Hottie,
I am doing great as Tony the tiger use to say, or are you old enough to even remember Tony the tiger???? Yes you are rockin' it kiddo, only one more pound to go, hey come and shovel my snow in the morning and there you go, one more pound bites the dust or in this case snow. LOL LOL I crack myself up!!!!

Maria,
You are doing the right things, build up your resistance babe!!! Don't catch nothin', won't be nothin". Now enjoy that casserole.

Now I have got to tell all you lovelies, I have stayed on point on day, got my 15 minuted on, and I have a NSV positive as wel, my watch that was soooo snug on my wrist, well let's just say it is swinging in the wind. It is now just turning all around and I am so happy I could shout, wll gosh darn it, hold on a minute, I think I will.....................Whewwww, that was tiring LOL LOL hey a few more minutes of exercise. LOL LOL I will take it anyway I can.

Until tomorrow, parting is such sweet sorrow,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 03-03-2010, 05:39 AM   #134  

HUMP DAY!
Well let's get down to the important stuff. All yous gals!

CJ- Well how is hoofin' it going? I am sure your getting all your exercise in for the next 2 days, you go girl.

dgramie- Are you enjoying your new fresh living room and those new sofa's?
I have this dream of decorating my home from floor to ceiling. My plan is when we finally get to move out of FLA and get a place closer to the mountains and with 4 season's to only take the bare minimum of furniture and start fresh. Did you get to watch Biggest Loser last night?

Ags- Run Ags, run like the wind. Don't let that cold catch up to you. Congratulations on the NSV!!!

Willow- Welcome back! I am such a DWTS fan and although I say I'm gonna boycott it, I'll probably peek in to see how Cheryl Burke is doing with Chad Ochocinco and I wanna see how Aiden Turner does with Edyta Sliwinska.
I'm so glad you enjoy reading our posts and the wonderful camaraderie we have with each other. Please come back soon so we can get to know you better.

gggirls- So far so good on your March through March goal. Two days down 29 to go. I'm sure the girls enjoyed their part in it also.

HotWings- Still shoveling snow! WOW!!! Bouncing went well, but I can't seem to get past the 15 minute mark. I start to get alot of numbness in the lower back and tush from using the fitness ball. I'll have to ask my DR. about that on my next visit.
I can't believe someone would damage someone else's car and not own up to it. No wait! Yes I can, it's happened to me also. I once witness an old man who pulled into a parking spot and hit the car parked in front of him. He hit it so hard that his car has lifted up off the ground and resting on the other cars pumper. When I pointed it out to him he started yelling at he and said I was crazy. I walked into the store right behind him and pointed him out to the store manager and had them call the police. The guy was a complete A** to the officers too. He must have been 90+ yrs. old.

maria- Earning extra moola!!! Tator Tot Casserole! Hmmm! Now I want some. Must make soon! Did I mention that I'm so glad your posting everyday. I'm so glad your feeling better, the job is going well. Now stay away from that Strep throat bug so you don't disappear again.

Now it's my turn. I had another POP day yesterday. It rained during my walking time so I did the fitness ball thing. But today I shall hit the trail again. My day ended a bit rough with my mom. She can be so quiet one day and then the next day total opposite. By dinner time she turned spiteful. No matter what I asked her to do she had a smart a** remark to say to me. I actually got so angry with her that I told her to go to h***. Then of course I feel so terrible and end up crying in my room. My DH keeps her busy so I can calm down and finish making dinner. By bedtime she remembers nothing of me yelling at her and goes to bed. Then at 1am she wakes me up with her TV blasting because she can't remember how to turn it down. Finally she goes back to bed about 2am. I'm of course up at 4am as usual and what do I find in the dinning room table? She had been packing her bags or something. She has one bag packed with Depend's and another bag packed with all her important papers and her high school yearbook.
Ahh! The mind of a person stricken with Dementia. I wish I could just once predict what was going to happen next and be prepared for it mentally.

My POSITIVE through all that is I stayed POP and I will stay POP today.
I will walk in the park this morning and just breath!

Well gang that's it for me, have a wonderful day.

Later ~ Learn
Old 03-03-2010, 02:41 PM   #135  

Good afternoon - notice the "afternoon" - where was everyone this morning. We left Learn alone to keep us going.

Just a quick fly by then back to the office. I'm exhilarated by the fresh air (cold fresh air) I've been getting lately - at this point my plan is to bundle up and walk to my exercise class tonight - if I'm too chicken to walk home in the dark through the woods then I'll grab a ride - after my workout!

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.........
Closed Thread