Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:31 AM   #16  

Good Morning!
Happy Presidents Day! More like HAPPY NO SCHOOL DAY!!!

You all know how I love it when I get an extra play day with my awesome son.
He has been such a sweetie, making sure mommy has a full cup of ice water at all times. And everytime he hears me cough he comes up to me and says, "Are you O.K.?" or "Still feeling yucky, huh?"
But at least I can say that my congestion is starting to loosen up and my coughs are alot more productive.

dgramie- Just sitting there sipping on a cup of coffee and watching the snow fall sounds wonderful. When I was much younger I managed a horse farm and one of my favorite things to do was when it was raining was to just sit on the floor of the barn and listen to the rain hit the roof, along with the sounds of the horses quietly chewing on their feed or hay. There's something so serene and relaxing about it. Thank you for stirring up an old memory.

gggirls- Seems like my husband was thinking just like you. He suggested we stay home and rest and went out and got sandwiches instead. Which was probably better calorie wise then the chicken enchilada's I was thinking of having. Your marinated pork tenderloin sounds yummy.

HotWings- Congratulations on breaking that plateau. We all know how frustrating they can be, but you stood your ground and conquered it.
I checked out your blog, VERY NICE. Nice to know we can check up on you there too.

sweetcakes- Sorry to hear about your computer. I start going through withdrawl if I'm without one for more then a day. It's my life line to the outside world. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

maria- How cool is that, that your new boss gave you another week to recoup. That sounds like an awesome place to work already. So glad your bronchitis is clearing up.

Ags, Bo, Rooster... missed you all yesterday. Hope you had a wonderful Valentines Day.

As for me, I am slowly improving. Like I said earlier, my cough is much more productive and alot less dry and hacking. Still feel alittle weak, but that will improve I'm sure when I can sleep my normal 4 to 5 hours a night instead of 2 to 3 due to coughing so much. I'm taking a cough suppressant, but they only last so long. Today I may try taking a walk if it doesn't rain, we shall see how that goes.
The POSITIVE through all this is I'm POP with my eating. Maybe even a little under on calories due to nothing taste good right now.

That's all for me this morning. I hope everyone has a great day.

Later ~ Learn
Old 02-15-2010, 08:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Learn -- I forgot today was President’s Day, thanks for reminding me. Hopefully it will bring lots of people in to buy my art so I can pay my bills! Glad you’re feeling slightly better and your son is really soooo good. How is that even possible that he is so nice even as he is entering the teenage years? You are very blessed.

Hi Nathan, hope you're doing well.

Maria - it was great your new employer gave you another week to get back into fabulous shape. You might want to consider a chiropractor for your back. Or at least a really good massage therapist.

Debi - yay for good friends who understand electricity!

SweetCakes
-- hope you get a computer soon. I can tell you’ll be a great addition to our thread.

Carol -- I want to see vacation pix that everyone is talking about! BTW, I knew that vacation weight would fly off of you, and maybe it will actually jump-start your metabolism because it was a shake-up from your normal routine. Re the fear of weighing before getting on the horse ... this happened to my younger brother, who weighs just a tad over 200 (maybe 205) signed up to go on one of those Grand Canyon mule trips and they wouldn’t let him because he was over 200, and he didn’t know that until he got there and his friends had to leave him behind. Humiliation City.

HotWings -- Like your blog, hope you do keep it up. I know what a time commitment it is, I am always threatening to do a photography blog (I’m a photographer), but haven’t committed yet. Yay for breaking your plateau! I knew you would do it! I read the entry on the carb cycling. Let us know how it goes.

Ags -- so sad about Morgan’s friends. Prayer ascending.

Positive for me ... finally in the two-teens!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #18  

Height: 5'7"

well I have the day off today, it was suppost to be a makeup day for school but we got more snow. I think we will be in school till mid june. I babysit for school teachers kids so thats why im affected.
We are getting alot of high winds so its hard to tell how much snow we have out there. I really dont think we have what they were calling for.
Going to get some housework done today...
Old 02-15-2010, 07:33 PM   #19  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Ags--Any word on Morgan's friends yet? I will pray for fast healing, both physical and spiritual.

gg--How cute are you with your tan? I'm so jealous!

learn--glad you're feeling at least a little better. I hope you're all the way better soon!

As for me, the positive of the day is that I am still upright and I actually survived today without going off on those who sorely deserved it! But it didn't make me emotionally eat, so I guess that really is a positive. Yay, me!!! I think I just might have the hang of this.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Learn - did you enjoy your extra day with that special son of yours?

Bo - thanks - it's fading already. How's the ankle?

CJ - the pics are on facebook - my first time! Are you there? How horrible that must have been for your brother - at least now I know it wasn't all in my head it could happen. I certainly knew they gave me a "sturdy" mount.

Maria - we've been to Cozumel and Grand Cayman twice - wonderful! The first time we were in Cozumel we rode underwater motorcycles - doesn't get much better. Let me know if you're interested - we've been all around and have some ins and outs.

Sweetcakes - not sure I'll try the horse again - but I DID IT! How's the computer issue coming along?

I had a higher calorie day yesterday than I had all week - still well within range. Today a great POP day - no exercise.

My plan, at this point, is to hit the gym early tomorrow. My dad is having surgery at 7 - if I get up regular time I should be able to get a good workout in before heading up to the surgical waiting area. Good thoughts/prayers are appreciated - it should be a simple procedure to replace his pacemaker - cardiologist says extreme high risk as he had a stroke while they were implanting it.

Anybody see a robin saying spring is coming yet?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #21  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi everyone,
So sorry I missed yesterday, but it was like Christmas around here. We all had a blast and before I knew it, it was so late,but Happy Belated Valentine's Day. You know I love you all.

No news on the girls yet, nor on the one who did the shooting. Thank you all for these on going prayers. Morgan appreciates your prayers as well.

Learn, glad you are inching your way back to good health and happy you got to spend another day home with your little man.

D, yes God is so good. Glad you only had mininal damages and the cost of repair was well within your reach..Ouch more snow, they say we will be getting more this week as well. Clip away darling, when they tell you how much you saved, doesn't it just make your heart race!!!

Carol, look at you all bronzie. All of your pics were fabulous, I think I commented on almost every single one. And that stingray, all I can say is WOW, you are one brave chickie!!!

Sweet, Bookworm is your daughter too??? How great, it is a family affair. You are doing marvelous darling. Hope you get that new computer soon.

Hootie, now you know you made me smile. I will post the recipe tomorrow, to tired tonight, it was a long evening for sure. You are so right, gotta keep that tank full. I will have to check out your blog soon.

CJ, big time CONGRATS!!!! The two teens have arrived and I am so proud of you. YOU ROCK WOOT WOOT!!!!!! The race does not always belong to the swift but to the persisent.

Bo, you have got it gong on, no emotional eating, cause that can be the worst. Plus you did not explode, two super duper fantastic positives. Hot diggty dang dang!!!!

GGG, prayers will be constantly going up for your dad. But I know God already has things in control. I will be on the look out for that robin.

My positive for the day is.............I made it thru my eight hour day standing and living to tell about it. I did great and got lots of walking in, not saying I am not dead dog tired now, but I can thru with shining colors. Eat well today and all is good,

Night night my loves,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Oh yeah, daddy and I spent the day together yesterday chillin', talking and listening to our favorite Jazz, it was a great Valentine's Day!!!!

Smooches
!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

ARGHH, got a new tower, can't get it hooked up to the internet, seriously...Do all you lovely ladies have a string and can incase I get desperate. Luckily we still have our friends laptop.

Learn-sounds like you're getting better little by little. Wondering if you are like my daughter Brittany, Nyquil keeps her awake, Dayquil knocks her on her butt. BTW, how old is your son?

Bo-way to go on not giving in to emotional eating, I often think that's one of the hardest battles we face. Food brings us comfort when we are struggling with emotions, it's life-changing when we learn we can supplement something else instead. I've been walking the dog when I face that, seems to work for me and the dog loves it.

Debi-glad to hear all is well with the electricity. Did you make it to church through all the snow?

Carol-April said she could show me the pictures on facebook, where should she look? Please know your dad will be in my thoughts for a safe and easy hospital visit. Will he be able to go home right away if all goes well or are they going to keep him overnight?
I tried looking for a robin but i couldn't see any for the igloos and snowflakes. Seriously, this is why I left Chicago and moved to Tennessee, what is the snow following me?

Ags-please know the girls and Morgan are in my thoughts daily wishing them blessings and quick healing.
Book Wyrm is my son. He's a giant, 15 and 6 foot 2 inches tall, he's looking to shed off some weight and tone up what's left over. I'm sure the power above has a huge sense of humor...all my children are taller than me. So kick butt about the excercise yesterday, made my night to see your post on the excercise thread.

My positive for the day..I did Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies 2, I know it's corny, but I did the whole thing..haven't been able to do that in years

One more thing before I forget-rainlady and book wyrm will both be competing in the state competition for Academic Decathlon. I told the kids I'd get a picture of them when they are all dressed up and post it on here so you can all see what they look like.

I'm off to bed....more tomorrow
All my love,
Faith

Last edited by sweetcakes736; 02-15-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #23  
The name is Maria :)

S/C/G: 325/291.9/170(for now)

Height: 5'6 1/2

hola chickies

My positive fro today Is my back pain is getting better! I'd rate it at a 4-5 on the pain scale! I can even bend over.. not far but I can!!! yesterday as I was sitting my computer chair I went to stand up and about mid stand I heard a huge amount of cracking come from my back like when you get an adjustment at the chiropractor.. and at first I panicked because it was so loud and long.. well i stood the rest of the way up and i felt IMMEDIATE relief! it took my pain down from an 8- to a 5! So I'm making an appointment to go to the chiropractor this week and get an adjustment as I think this is whats causing the pain so maybe if i can get it adjusted the rest of the way I will feel great again! the lights getting brighter and I'm almost through this tunnel~ THANK YOU GOD!

ags- glad you had a nice relaxing evening at home with your hubby! sounds nice!

ggg- I've been to the cozumel area about 3 times and I love the riviera maya! the Yucatan is so beautiful. normally we stay in a little village called puerto morelos it's about half way between Cancun and playa del carmen! and I swear there is so many wonderful things to do there I just have to keep going back because I never get to do it all! riding those underwater motorcycles is on my lists of things to do you must tell me more about them!

we were also contemplating taking the ferry from cozumel over to playa del carmen to go the the dolphin discovery place there they have a special where you can swim with dolphins, sea lions, and manatees! We've swam with the dolphins and sea lions before but never manatees. and it would be great to swim with the other two again as well!

We've also never swam with sting rays before we were thinkign of doing that in the caymens! but i have a fear of being stung by them too after what happened to the crocodile man- you'll have to tell me more about that too! I suppose I should have PM'd this sorry for hogging up all the space guys..lol

CJ- GREAT JOB on making it to the 2 teens!! yippy skippy!

Learn- your son sounds like a real sweet heart! you sure must be doing a good job raising him! You guys think you might have any more ?
Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 AM   #24  

Morning All!
It's Tuesday, Martes, Dienstag, Wtorek, or Martedi. Yes I've been playing with the translator in dictionary.com.

Let's get to it...

CJ- You are so right, I am truly blessed to have such an awesome son. So tell me, how does it feel to be in the two-teens? I haven't been there since before I got married, but that day will come for me also. Your doing so great on your journey.

dgramie- Did the housework get done as planned? Be careful of those snow drifts.

Bo- How is that ankle doing? Patience is a virtue, remember that! I have my moments when I just can't stand stupid people. My son laughs because sometimes after seeing someone do or say something stupid I just say, "Here's Your Sign!" from the comedian Bill Engvall. He's so funny. Way to go on keeping your cool and not eating your way through the emotions.

gggirls- Yes! I so enjoyed my extra son day. I took him to Block Buster and got him a mom approved Nintendo game. He's so cute, he'll pick up a game cover and ask me first if it's O.K. for him to play. Some are just to crazy violent for anyone of any age.
Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way for your dad. Hope all goes well. No robins here in Florida either, can't wait to see them.

Ags- How are you doing? Is your foot doing any better? And how about your abcesses? I like Jazz also, and play it on the car radio all the time, but I never pay attention to whom I'm listening to. Who is your favorite? Sounds like you and DH had a nice Valentine's Day.

sweetcakes- No problems with the Dayquil/Nyquil because I don't take them. I only took the cough suppressant a few times out of despiration. I take BP meds and find that alot of over the counter remedies give me the shakes. Mostly antihistimes and decongestants.
I think Richard Simmons exercises are so fun. Corny is cool as far as I'm concerned.
Good luck to the kids in the decathalon, can't wait to see the pics. Oh and
my totally awesome son turned 13 years old back in november. He is my rock and without him I would not exist.

maria- So glad your getting some relief with your back pain. End of tunnel coming up!!! As far as having more kids, NO! I am much too old to try that again. I had my son when I was 37 by way of artificial insemination. It works on the first try. I had several complications due to my blood pressure and gestational diabetes. Then had to have a C-Section and got an infection in my incision a week later. What a mess, but he was so worth it.
I know when the day comes for you and your DH to have a child you'll both be excellent parents. It's the best thing I ever did and the rewards are awesome.

As for me I was POP yesterday, even got some exercise in through housework and grocery shopping. Got some more housework to finish up today. Aside from my cough, I'm feeling a bit more energized this morning. My congestion is much looser, thus making me cough a bit more from the nasal drip thing going on.
Going to make a big batch of chicken soup today. Some for today and freeze some for later.
That's all folks, I hope everyone has a fantastic tuesday.

Later ~ Learn
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 AM   #25  

Hi Mike and welcome to 3FC. This is the place for POSITIVE support and motivation. We're all basically on the same journey as you, so come in, sit down, relax, converse. The house doesn't always look like this, it's sometime even worse. LOL!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:02 AM   #26  

I had a great day yesterday and due to the snow I have the day off again. I got all my housework done and today plan on sewing.I have a few more baby gifts to make. I am also debating about putting on a pot of beef stragonoff. Hubby hinted that yeast roll would be great with it...we will see.
My oldest daughter is taking one of the CPA exams today and her car broke down on her way there. She called me in a panic. I called my son who lives in the town where she test and he went to his sissy rescue. Im praying the stress is gone and she passes with flying colors.If she does then just one test to go.
My youngest is home from college today studying for a big test she has coming up, kinda nice having her home with me.
I will get some exercise in again today!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:20 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 287/215/149

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone! My positive is I have been chipping away at clutter in my house. Right now I'm going to throw away a whole big box of old magazines. Oh how I hate to do it, but I will!
Old 02-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for all the good thoughts - Dad is home resting well. I managed 25 minutes in the gym before meeting them - had planned to go back but the surgery took too long and I really needed to get to work. Tonight I was just tired - I'll hit it tomorrow!

Day 9 POP - feels sooooo good!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #29  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hi all, hens and roosters alike,

This is great, we have two roosters now, how exciting is that.

I have not read all the posts this evening, but I promise I will catch up on all of them tomorrow. What kind of leader would I be not reading all the post. I just do not feel really well right now but my positive is that a new day is a coming and it is right around the bend, so my joy cometh in the morning. I just could not lay my head down without saying hello to all my loves.

Mike, here is a super duper hot diggity dang dang welcome aboard to you. Please seat back, take your shoes off and stay more than awhile. We love new folks and as I always say, the more the merrier!!!!!!:dancer :

Congrats to everyone who accomplished anything big or small, it all counts here on the positive thread.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #30  

Good Morning Everyone!
Boy am I slacking or what. Mike beat me to 3FC this morning. I haven't had this kind of competition since Oat.

Mike- Glad you had a great day yesterday. Ice skating sounds like fun and being from the north, I wish I had learned before all my back, neck, and hip problems set in.

Ags- I'm so sorry you don't feel good. Todays gonna be a great day for you, I can feel it. Saw your post on fb, if your talking about a cotisone shot, I have had the shot in both feet and it ain't that bad, but I have to say it didn't help me. I've actually had it in both shoulders, a hip, and 5 in my spine. Cortisone just don't work on me and now when the Dr. suggests it I say no thanks.
Feel better neighbor and that's an order. I'll hold your hand if you need me to.

gggirls- So glad dad is doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with him.

CJ- Doesn't it feel good to rid yourself of the clutter around the house? I do that once a year just on my bedroom closet. It's so big and everytime we need a place to put something it ends up in there. Each year I go through and clean house (closet).

dgramie- Busy, busy, busy! How did the sewing go? And did you get to make DH the beef stroganoff? I love beef stroganoff and yeast rolls.

As for me I had another POP day. My flu bug is slowly clearing up. Still having these darn coughing spells that drive me crazy, but that too shall pass soon I hope.

That's all folks! Have a great day and make it a POP day!

Later ~ Learn
Closed Thread