Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #61  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 327.6/321.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I am just going to wave and run for the moment so you all know I'm still alive. I'm trying to keep my mind off the fact that my fiance and children are hogging both bathrooms and I drank way too much green tea to be sitting here trying to hold it!

I will be back soon to update...love y'all!!! See you soon!
Old 02-20-2010, 03:42 PM   #62  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hello again,

I have absolutely no idea where my post went!!! arg!!!!!!!!

I will try this again................

Learn,
Sorry you are feeling bad again, go back and lay down again and send those boogers packin'. I am happy you still made it out to your Anniversay Dinner. As for the shoes, I got New Balance, they say they are good, we shall see.

Carol,
You are a water baby, enjoy, but do not over do, okay. Now I know the party will be a blast, my the way, I am making your salsa this evening myself and I think I might just try that dip as well.

Bo,
Hold it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The alternative ain't great!!!! Been there and surely done that. We will be right here when you get back.

I have been bad..........this urge I am having and partaking in, has not been good. This has for sure not been a POP day. I have had chips and green queso, and lots of chocolate coins, enough to make a hefty deposit in the bank with not a good return. The good news is.............I have found the error of my ways and I am as of right now doing an about face. Thank God, when we fall short, we have the oppourtunity to start over. I am starting today over now!!!! That is my positive for now, be back later to see what the goesin' on's are!!!!

Hey Rooster, here is a shout out just for you. We are missing you!!!!!!

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags

Last edited by colormerd47; 02-20-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

I'm not sure I know how to post in the morning without Learn - who I hope is getting some much needed rest.

Was planning to head to the gym but we are getting ice now to turn to heavy snow - think I'll hibernate and relax. The party yesterday was fun. A gal from the water class and gym came - I don't know her very well. She hung out for awhile after chatting - it was so great to know her a bit - she has lost 120 lbs - never ever would I have guessed - she looks awesome. When she had lost 100 lbs she treated herself to skin removal surgery from her tummy. She wants to lose about 11 more lbs - she did it without surgery mostly WW and exercise - she said she couldn't walk at first but now she is a machine!

Be warm - be well
Old 02-21-2010, 09:16 AM   #64  

my positive for the day is Carol sent me rain instead of the ice that was threatened. The sun was shinning yesterday and the temp hit 63. It was awesome and I truly enjoyed walking outside.I think my favorite part was walking my own yard and looking at the signs of spring. Easter flowers have buds, day lillies are coming up as well as suprise lillies. I also saw the start of many other things coming back to life. Praise be to God!!!

learn- hope you are feeling better!! I love mucinex it really helps clear me up fast...just be careful with it if you have high blood pressure. I can tell its not a good combo. My dr gave me the ok to take it for 2 days if needed.

Scales are holding even with tom here.Im liking it and it feels so good to know Im just 7lbs from my lowest weight last year. Im hoping by easter to be below it...mothers day at the latest. Tom came with his cravings this month, I wanted puffy cheetos so bad last night so I counted out a serving and stopped there. I also split a oatmeal pie with hubby but counted every calorie and still came in within my range.
IM making chilli today and praying this will be my last pot of the winter. I am so ready to grill and eat light.
Going to church today and then home and make chilli and then for a long walk if its not raining. Laundry awaits also...
So glad I hid those snowmen and we are just getting rain now. Remind me next year to hide those snowmen the day after christmas!! LOL
Old 02-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #65  

Good almost afternoon everyone,
I was here earlier this morning, but my head was so out of it I decided to wait to post. I am almost positive I have ended up with a severe sinus infection plus ear infection. Will try to get to the doctor first thing in the morning and get this before it goes any farther.

gggirls- Thank you for opening the store this morning, I appreciate it. Please be advised that I have sent a shipment of Robin Red Breasts via FedX to you A.S.A.P. Oh, if it was just that simple, HUH!!!

dgramie- I tried to take a Mucinex, but I can not get that HORSE PILL down. I always end up choking on it, so I gave up. And yes I do have high BP. Sounds like spring is trying to make an entrance in your area.

Ags- Great choice with the New Balance. That is all I've worn for the last 20+ years. I swear by them. I have 3 pairs, the old yucky dirty ones that I retired to be barn shoes, they stay outside on the back porch, the super duper broken in pair I wear every day, and the pristine white pair that I have only worn maybe 4 times so they stay nice and clean for going out. It's all I'll buy for my DH and son also.

Bo- You should be done tinkling by now. Get back here and give us an update on how things are going with you. How is that ankle doing?

As for me I have not been eating so well. Nothing major, just too much sodium I think. Guess I'm looking for comfort due to not feeling well. Anyway today is a new day and I am back on track. I have had the worse sinus pressure headaches the last 2 days. I have been basically staying in my room with the blinds and curtains drawn due to the light hurting the FRACKALACKIN out of my head. Took some Tylenol and finally got some relief about 2 hours ago, so now I'm here and also doing some laundry.

I hope everyone has a wonderful sunday and I will peek back in later.

Later ~ Learn
Old 02-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #66  
No Day But Today

BIG positive today...actually, it was Friday, but this is the first time I've been on and not doing the wee wee dance. Funny I should mention dancing...because I AM DONE WEARING THE FRACKALACKIN' BOOT!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

My doc was all set to tell me I had to keep it on, but he said he really couldn't find a good reason to say that. So I'm all done! I have to go back just one more time in a couple of weeks for a final set of x-rays, and then no more old lady ankle! I can only wear my cross-training shoes until my last appointment, but hey, I'm cool with that...they're hot pink, of course!
Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 PM   #67  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Sugarbabies,
It is a glorious day in the neighborhood and I feel rejuvenated and just plain long awesome.

Carol,
Yes it was strange not seeing Learn first thing this morning, but the baby needed her rest, so it was so pleasant to see you first!!!
Glad your party was a success. Now MIssy Pooh I must tell you, THE SALSA IS OFF THE HOOK!!! ABSOLUTELY STUPINDOUS!!!!! Daddy is eating more as we speak. I made enough mix to share with my sister's household and my daughter cakebatter who loves salsa. Good one Carol.

D,
Happy to hear Carol sent you rain instead of ice and snow. That was a blessing for sure. Oh tell me more the of signs of spring you are seeing, I love to hear about it.
Great job on holding TOM at bay and chili, well, let's just say I have had enough chili at my house to last till next year!!! LOL LOL The grill is sounding real real good.

Learn,
Happy you found a little energy, a day without Learn, is like a day with breathing or sunshine. Can't live without my Learn. Now feel better baby doll.

Bo,
Happy to know the wee wee dance is all over, at least till next time. Good job on loosing the boot!!! Shall we dance!!!! Now strutt those hot pink cross training shoes, Hot Momma!!!!!

As for me...............my positives for the day are..........Church was awesome, I do love going and I just love my Pastor, he breaks everything down so simple, you can't help but understand. Oh MY GOD IS GOOD!!! 2) Carol's salsa mix is the BOMB!!!!! 3) I feel like going on!!!!! I can do this thing......hot diggty dang dang!! 4) All of you, my life is richer, fuller, and even more blessed thanks to all of you being a special part of my life.

Well taters,
I wiill check back in later, till then parting is such sweet sorrow,
Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 02-22-2010, 05:27 AM   #68  

It's Monday!
Well I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Here in FLA it was a beautiful one. Believe it or not we actually went into the low 70's and it was georgeous. And last night I even slept with the window open next to my bed. Until I realized how FRACKALACKIN noisy this neighborhood has gotten. There is this young family that lives about 20 acres behind us and he drives this gigantic 4X4 pick-up. You know the ones that you need a 12' ladder to reach the door. He must have gone by my house a dozen times last night. What could a person possible need to get or do at those hours of the night. We have lived on this property for going on 38 years and I just can't believe how crowded it has gotten.
Let me get to the important things in life, my friend's on 3FC.

gggirls- How was your day of hibernating and relaxing? Sounds like you've made a new and inspiring friend.

dgramie- How was that last pot of chili for the winter? I'm sending warm thoughts to all of you up north.

Bo- Congratulations on the boot removal. What no pink training shoes? What's up with that? Enjoy your new found freedom.

Ags- You are so sweet. And because of you also, my life is richer, fuller, and more blessed. I look forward to your enthusiastic and motivational posts each and every day.

As for me, I took another day of rest yesterday and feel a bit better today. I had a so so POP day yesterday. I actually did too much nibbling and not enough good solid meals. Today is going to be a me day after I drop my son off at school. Going to do a little window shopping at the mall when they open at 10 am. Before that pick-up a few healthy grocery items. My sister's said she was going to be home all day, so I'm going to steal some time away from my mom. I need it and I'm gonna take it.

I hope everyone has a good monday and I'll check back in later.

Later ~ Learn
Old 02-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #69  

Mike- glad you had a great trip. I bet your son is cool!! Enjoy every minute with him..they grow up to fast. My son will be 26 this weekend.

learn- glad you are feeling better. Are you going to the dr?
Enjoy your day of window shopping.

agg- want to come help me clean up my flower beds when spring finally comes? I always hate the yard work involved in getting rid of the winter...cleaning leaves out from under bushes.

Bo- I bet you feel so much lighter without your boot!

Carol- please be careful this morning driving on that ice and snow.

Well it looks like this weekend was just a tease..we are back to low 20- and 30s today. THe sun is gone.
My positive for the day is Im going down to start laundry early this morning and getting my pedometer and start counting my steps again( not sure when I stopped wearin it)
Old 02-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #70  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Good evening dude and dudette's

Glad to see everyone today!!

Learn, getting better is a wonderful thing, keep it up. Enjoy all the window shopping and all the exercise from it, do a little window shopping for me. I must have been your partner this weekend, nibbling was my middle name. LOL

Big Mike, man oh man, I love saying Big Mike, I think it is just the coolest!!! What a great trip you and your son shared. D, is so right, savor those moments and tuck them away in your loving memory bank so you can flash back at any time. They do grow up oh so fast. You must be a fantastic Dad, teaching him all the right stuff and it is showing. Good JOB Dad!!! You are Dad of the week.

D,
I will just have to truck on over to your neck of the woods so I can help you in the yard. Once I am on the ground though, you may have to call crank a butt up, cuz, well you know. LOL LOL I promise you the sun will return sooner than you think. Will you be ready????

Today is been a delightful day for me. I went the extra mile to make folks smile today, the ones who looked a little down, maybe even frustrated, a little extra help and it seemed to have made a difference in the lives of some of the folks I touched. It made me feel so good to do some good. I love to make a difference. I vow to have three POP days for the next three days, cause a new WI is around the corner.

Okay now, all of you rootin tootin cow pokes, saddle up, and stay on the right road till we meet on the dusty trail.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 AM   #71  

Good Morning 3FC'ers,
Today is going to be a fantastic day. I can just feel it. My mind is set on it and anything less then fantastic is just not going to be exceptable. More about that later...

BigMike- Tubing is a blast, isn't it? How old is your son? I have an awesome 13 year old son, who is the light of my life. Several years ago back when my son was too young to go, my sister and I went tubing down the Rainbow River here in FLA. We floated for almost 6 hours and OMG! when we finally got done we looked like two walking tomatoes. I blistered so bad and I even put sunscreen on, but when your leisurely floating and gently splashing cool river water on yourself to stay cool, the sunscreen don't last too long. All in all it was a blast and if I was physically able I would do it again. Sounds like you had a blast also.

dgramie- Thank you, I am feeling much better and desided to skip the Dr.
So sorry Mother Nature is teasing you with warm weather. I do hope you get some more warm weather soon and Old Man Winter takes a hike. By the way, what brand of pedometer do you have? Any reccommendations?

Ags- O.K. you and me, no more nibbling and that's that!!! Doesn't it feel good to make people smile. That is what customer service is all about. I can tell you are a people person just like me.

Now more about me having a fantastic day. As I walked the mall yesterday and window shopped, which by the way I spent no money at all at the mall, I did a lot a soul searching. Then when my husband came home we chatted and although I need some time away from my mom, we decided that taking off for a week is just not something I'm comfortable doing with here state of mind. Plus my husband really doesn't have an assistant mgr. he can trust to leave in charge of his store right now. So during my son's spring break he will take just a few days off during the week and we will take a few day trips. I alreday have one trip on our agenda and that is to go to the Kennedy Space Ctr for the day. My son will definitely enjoy that. I would love to make a trip to Sea World, but not sure about weather I can handle all that walking and I don't want to spoil the trip.
So what's going to make it a fantastic day is I feel I'm in the right frame of mind to kick start my journey to a healthier and lighter lifestyle. I am kicking the winter blues to the curb and springing into action. Anybody with me?

Later ~ Learn
Old 02-23-2010, 07:21 AM   #72  

Yesterday was a challenge and I failed it. My day went wrong when I got out the tuna salad I was planning on having for lunch and after taking a bite got worried about what day I made it.I am a stickler on only keeping stuff like that 3 days. I threw it in the garbage and started hunting for something else. My day went downhill from there. Hubby came in with hostess snack cakes...not our normal little debbie cakes. I was weak and ate one and then dd came in with the EVIL girl scout cookies and I ate 4. Thats behind me and today is a new day!!!
I still think its part of my mental barrier...and stupid TOM!!
I am upping my protien today and see if that will keep me on track closer.
My postive is I can start fresh today!!

Last edited by dgramie; 02-23-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:15 PM   #73  
Freshly Hatched

S/C/G: 409/249/220

Height: 5'2

Hey dgramie! I think we should get a free pass when it's that TOM! That's usually when I get the most salt in for the entire month, but our bodies crave the extra calories for a reason, so don't feel too bad.

Today was fantastic. I've been exercising mostly in the house, because it's winter, so I didn't know how well I've been doing. My husband had to go to the dentist today, and we decided we weren't going to take a cab back , so we walked 2 miles to the nearest bus stop, in the cold and snow, and I MADE IT! I had to stop a few times because I fell through a snow pile, but I actually walked 2 miles without having to sit down, or getting upset, or my body giving up. The bus passed us by before we could reach the stop, so we went inside the mall and window shopped. I WASN'T TIRED! Walked the whole length of the mall, and back, without having to sit down or anything. When we got on the bus, the bus seat belt fit around me! No one stared at me on the bus either, like they used to. I couldn't have done this a year ago, maybe even a couple months ago. Today was just a great day. I hope all ya'll are doing well today, and even if you aren't, tomorrow is a new day and you can do it!
Old 02-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #74  
No Day But Today

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen, and welcome to the Bo Show!!

Here's my positive: I am back on my couch to 5K program, officially, as of today! I took my happy little pink crosstrainers for a 10-minute walk to kick things off! I am absolutely amazed at how out of shape I have gotten in such a short time...my ankle was CRYING by the time I finished that 10 minutes, but finish I did, and I will take a day off tomorrow, as per plan, and do it again the next day. I'm willing to bet it won't take me long to get back where I was BEFORE the big break. Wish me luck!
Old 02-23-2010, 08:17 PM   #75  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

Hello to all my positive cuties and patootie's,

Learn,
I think your day trips sound fabulous and exciting. You will have a blast!!! Yes darling, the nibbling stops here. Your day will be fantastic, why???? Because you said so. Make it happen babe!!!

D,
Challenges are what make us strong, and you have got the power!!! Your positive is right on the money, New day....fresh start!!!!

ZimZim,
Totally proud of you. I can only imagine how you felt, how excited for those feats. I cannot wait to experience all of them..To walk that far and not be tired, but you did it, awesome job chickie. You are on the right road to success. I will see you there at the finish line. I will keep rooting for you and will be at the finish line to cheer to on. ROCK MOMMA!!!!

Bo,
Back on the 5K program, get it girl and do your thang Momma!!! It's Bo's world and she is in charge, pink cross trainers and all!!! Now take it slow, 10 minutes at a time is a good start. Slow and sure is how we win this race.

I have had a fabulous day today. My attitude was one of gratitude, being thankful for what I have instead of what I have not. But all in all, I have everything I need, life, love, freedom, joy, peace. family, friends, and most of all my SALVATION!!!!!! Anything more is gravy!!! LOL LOL Two more days till WI and I am not going to sweat it, I have not been perfect this week, so it is what it is, and whatever it is, I will be happy. That is all.

Shout outs to all missing in action, and special love to CJ, Hottie, and my NonaB.

Hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Closed Thread