Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #391  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey there Divas!

learn: Don't be lonely girl.. you might not be able to see our typed messages but we are thinking about you You are kickin butt on the exercise - way to go!

gggirls: You are going to hit that goal, chick! Look at all that walking you did. Plus a personal training session - I am impressed & you ARE gonna do this thing

Oatmeal: You are so joyful & full of life - I just love reading your posts. I go to the fitness center only one day per week right now. I had been missing it, since my Wednesday afternoons were full for three weeks in a row! But I got there this past Wed. and I am hoping to make it a regular thing once again. Other than that I try to get outside & do stuff like just walking or raking leaves. I just try to move each day in some way.

nooch: That hairstyle is killer on you! You are a gorgeous babe I am sure they will be calling soon to confirm the job with you - congrats!

Ags: Made a little money, daddy home, Mali there & feeding all the hungry children - sounds like the start to a FANTASTIC weekend! Girl, you can NOT get any more positive than that!

For me: Girls, I have been OP. I did not go over on my cals today (sitting right near 1400), but dang I sure overate at dinner. My stomach feels yucky and way tooooo full. Guess what I overate on? You will not believe this, but I just could not get enough brussel sprouts tonight. Is that insane or what? BRUSSEL SPROUTS. Sheesh. At least it was low cal, but its a good thing I will be sleeping alone cuz I'm feeling a little gassy. LOL!

Looking forward to a great weekend here - we will make a burn pile tomorrow of leaves & sticks. Then my Mom & Dad are coming over to roast hot dogs and marshmallows.

Keep keeping on, chicks!
Old 11-07-2009, 04:39 AM   #392  

Good saturday morning sweet things,
Here it is, another weekend.

gggirls- I hear ya with the slow release of poundage. I have been juggling this 4 to 5 pounds for probably 2 months now and whenever I try to set a goal it seems to backfire. So I prefer the one day at a time method. And this past week it has been a good week.

Oat- Your darn tootin' your making it to 3FC to post is a positive. That's a positive for you and all of us too. Hopefully things will settle down for you and you can get to a normal routine. We'll be right here waiting!

nooch- As I said on facebook, I love your new doo! Very attractive cut for you. Your beautiful, girl! Your right, I have to check out sparkpeople, I use to go there, and even joined, but got tired of all the e-mails I kept getting, but I'll definitely check their recipes for something new.

Ags- Your the bomb neighbor! Money, daddy, Mali, and so far 112 kids to get food in their bellies. You even brought back a sweet memory to me. I use to keep a Mini M & M's tube filled with quarters in my purse so whenever I went to the mall with my son he could ride those little electric rides they always have in there. I never realized they held so many quarters!

HotWings- Or should we call you FartWings after all those brussel sprouts?LOL!!! I love brussel sprouts, especially roasted. At least it was brussel sprouts you overate and not something off plan.

As for me I was on plan or a bit under yesterday. As I told gggirls, I prefer the one day at a time method instead of trying to set goals and I really feel that this week has been a wonderful 7 individual days. I was up 5.5 pounds from water retention and can feel that most of it is gone, especially around my ankles and knees. Tomorrow is weigh in, so we will see.
Got my morning walk in on the property with my faithful sidekick, Peanut. It was in the upper 50's here and I am lovin' this weather. I think I saw on the news last night that the middle of next week we should get a major change though with hurricane Ida swirling around out there in the gulf. We need the rain though.

Here is my quote of the week...

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."

Ladies, have a wonderful saturday and remember...
ONLY 49 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!

Later - Learn

Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #393  

Good Morning !!!
I slept like a baby last night I feel so much better !!! I have alot of special orders awaitting me at work today !! Today will be a very busy day !! Can't wait till tomorrow I get off early and so does hubby we are heading south to Austin to have dinner with friends and stay over 2 nights in a motel.. I plan to get to stop at the largest out door outlet mall in the world and shop just a little !! :-)

Ag.... Sorry your little Mali isnt around this weekend .. Girl I guess you will have to find something else to do .. I am sure you will find something that you enjoy doing!!!

Learn.... Girl its so nice to pop in and see ya already at it for the day !! :-) What is this sparklepeople thingie you were writing about .. I saw you wrote recipes !! My eyes never miss the chance to explore recipes !! I hope you have a great day!!! This Christmas count day girl is killing me !!! LOL :-)

Hotwings,, girl isnt it great no matter what activity we do we are buring calories!! You go girl rake those leaves and do all the needed things !! Enjoy the out doors it is a treasuree we have been blessed with !!

Nooch... Its amazing what a new hair style will do for us ... Strutt your stuff girl!! The Queen of the ne Do's !! :-)

GGirl.... Just wanted to wish you a great weekend!! Hope you can get out and about adn enjoy your weekend!!

My positive that today is my thursday and I am excited .. I baked home made oatmeal cookies last night and I allowed my self one and it was good!!! I felt very good I baked 106 cookies and only ate 1 .. that is nothing short of a miracle for me !! :-)
Old 11-07-2009, 06:05 AM   #394  

Seasoned Snack Mix

Ingredients:

3 cups Rice Chex
3 cups Corn Chex
3 cups Cheerios
3 cups pretzels
2 tsp Worcestershire
2 tsp butter-flavored sprinkles
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp seasoned salt
½ tsp onion powder

In a 15 in x 10 in baking pan, combine cereals and pretzels. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray; drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over cereal mix. Bake at 200 for 1½ hours, stirring every 30 min. Cool completely, store in airtight container.

Serving Size: 1 cup

Per Serving: 115 calories/1g fat/1g fiber/0g cholesterol/400mg sodium/25g carbohydrates/3g protein
Old 11-07-2009, 06:25 AM   #395  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oatmeal View Post
Seasoned Snack Mix

Ingredients:

3 cups Rice Chex
3 cups Corn Chex
3 cups Cheerios
3 cups pretzels
2 tsp Worcestershire
2 tsp butter-flavored sprinkles
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp seasoned salt
½ tsp onion powder

In a 15 in x 10 in baking pan, combine cereals and pretzels. Lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray; drizzle with Worcestershire sauce. Combine the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over cereal mix. Bake at 200 for 1½ hours, stirring every 30 min. Cool completely, store in airtight container.

Serving Size: 1 cup

Per Serving: 115 calories/1g fat/1g fiber/0g cholesterol/400mg sodium/25g carbohydrates/3g protein
YUMMY!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Learn - I've changed from the one day at a time thought to the next pound to release thought. I can get so overwhelmed looking at how far to go - so I try very hard to only worry about the next pound.

I'm heading to the pool again this morning - home to make protein pancakes (I bought some SF syrup I'm anxious to try) and then to a wonderful church bazaar later then morning. This bazaar always makes me feel so grounded and loved - I only know one person that attends this church but the warmth overflows.

Have a great Saturday - I think it's date night for us!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:06 AM   #397  

Quote:
Originally Posted by colormerd47 View Post

Learn,
So what's first in that monster crock??? Whatever it is I want some. K???
Ags
O.K. I used my monster crock pot this morning. Put 3 huge chicken breasts in at 4:00ish a.m. and they were fall off the bone done at 7:30 a.m. Took them out, shredded them up and made some Splenda BBQ sauce for them to marinate in the rest of the day in the frig of course. The reason they cooked so fast is because the crock was so big compared to the amount of chicken I put in, but that's what I figured so I could shred it up for later this evening. I reserved the chicken broth and added more low fat/low sodium broth to it, put the crock on high for about an hour, then I strain the broth through cheese cloth, let it cool on the counter till cool enough to go in frig. Refrigerate until excess fat hardens on top of broth and skim it off. I usually make chicken soup with reserved broth, but I'm gonna slow cook some cabbage tomorrow with some of it. Having a cabbage craving I gotta satisfy soon. Dinner at 4:30 p.m. Ags!
Old 11-07-2009, 12:57 PM   #398  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Hey dollies,

What's going on this beautiful morning??? Sounds like looks is going on, walking, sleeping, baking, swimming, farting, lol, crock pot cooking, hot dang ladies, a YOU ALL ROCK!!!!

Well it seems like that took care of all of the personls at once!! LOL LOL

Hottie, back that thing up to the car and get some good use out of all of that extra gas!!! LOL Sorry could not let that pass. LOL LOL

Learn, I will be right on time, I love bbq shredded chicken, OH YEAH!!!!

Well for me today my positive is.............Daddy went to the ER this morning and we found out what was wrong with his foot. He has gout and that it is easily treated, very painful but easily treated and he should be better by Monday. Prayerfully it will not return. I was in tears as he left for work Thursday night, I had asked him to stay home, but being the IRONMAN that he is, he fought to put that foot in that boot and hobbled on out the door. What a Man!!! The nicknamed their father years ago when they we small "IRONMAN" cause there was nothing he could not do and he always did more than normal would or could do. After his truck accident (18 wheeler) he was run off the road and it turned over, he re-nickanmed himself "SCRAPIRON", but we will not go for that cause he is still the strongest and strongest willed man we have ever known. He is still the orginal "IRONMAN". So that is my positive for the day, my honey lamb is going to be just fine!!!! I will try to post pic's of his truck, it is amazing
!!

Okay I do not know how to do it. I tried if anyone knows how let me know?

Last edited by colormerd47; 11-07-2009 at 01:08 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:50 AM   #399  

Good Morning All,
It's a glorious Sunday morning, isn't it? I woke up to wonderful upper 50's again, I just love these cool mornings. And I got to turn off the A/C and open up all the windows and air this place out. Let's get to the important stuff, personals.

Oat- Have a wonderful time with your friends and with Hubby in Austin. Oh, and enjoy that shopping trip too. Thank you for the recipe it's a must do.

gggirls- What a good idea, keeping your eye on the next pound. How was the pool and how was the bazaar?

Ags- Oh my goodness, Gout! I have heard that's very painful. I went to the doctor years ago for excruciating foot pain and they thought I had gout, but after the x-ray they found I had a half a sewing needle embedded in my foot just behind the big toe. I just looked at the x-ray and said, "OMG!, that's the needle I stepped on when I was 6 years old, when I was sliding my feet on the rug by my mother's sewing machine." What had happened was the pin broke into 3 pieces and caused inflammation of the tissue, thus causing the foot pain. Dr gave me a few pain killers and within a few days it was fine. It's still there today and my son still gets a kick out of looking at the x-rays.
As far as including a picture with your post, is the picture in your computer or from another website like photobucket for example?

As for me I had another on or below plan day yesterday. I just don't feel like eating lately. I'm getting my 3 main meals, but I am not eating any snacks in between at all. I feel fine, just not very hungry.
This morning was weigh-in for me and last sunday I was up 5.6 lbs. with water retention. But I guess my lack of appetite paid off because I lost all the water weight plus. So my official loss for the week is 5 pounds. Yeah me!!! The other day I was thinking I'd like to get to 275 by thanksgiving, but didn't want to jinx it by setting a goal. I past that by 1 lb.
Here is my quote of the day...

"If you smile while no one is around, you really mean it."

Ladies, have a wonderful sunday and remember...
ONLY 48 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!

Later - Learn

Old 11-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #400  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey chicks

learn: OMG.. FartWings!! That is hilarious! It was appropriate, too. Girl, you rocked that weigh-in! Go learn, go learn!!! I am loving these cool, crisp mornings, too. Finally we are getting the weather we should have had in October here. October was cold, more like November should be. I guess someone scrambled the weatherman's brains or something.

Oatmeal: Fantastic job on those oatmeal cookies! Wow.. that is a temptation for sure. My mom used to bake the yummiest oatmeal cookies and we would eat them warm right out of the oven. I am not sure I could have held myself to only one! Thank you for posting that last recipe - I had forgotten about how yummy that mix was and it would actually be great for my eating plan - THANKS!

gggirls: I am curious about the pancakes! How do you make protein pancakes? How are they compared to a regular pancake for taste? I started buying the Maple Grove (I think?) sugar free syrup.. it is getting past my kids, so it must taste pretty good. How was the church bazaar?

Ags: SO glad your DH is getting that foot taken care of. He sounds a lot like my dad. My dad is an old farmer and has had a lot of things happen to him and he just won't sit still. Up with the sun and work.. dinner with the sunset and sleep. That nickname for him is great - Ironman! Funny how he changed it As for the pics, I think they will not show up if they are over something like 100kb in file size, I think... at least if you upload from your computer. Not sure what the restrictions are if you link them from Photobucket or some similar place.

For me: I am retaining water. I can feel it in my lower legs, ankles. So, no loss for me this week even though I have been smokin hot on my eating plan. I know I will probably get a little whoosh this next week, so I won't sweat it. It is strange, though... it seems like every three weeks or so I go through a week of water retention w/no loss?? The really strange part is it is nowhere near my TOM? I used to get the no loss week around TOM. I am going to look over my weight loss charts on Sparkpeople and see if I notice some kind of pattern. Anyway, positive is that it is another gorgeous day here!! Upper 60s for a high today and plenty of sun.. just a slight breeze. I think for my activity today I will wash the car by hand!

Make it a great Sunday, girls!
Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #401  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Hey everybody!

Ags, glad to hear that your husband's foot is easily treatable and I hope he is better by now! As far as posting pictures what you need to do is upload them somewhere (photobucket, facebook, imageshack, anywhere!) and then to post them here you click the little button on the reply box that says insert image. Copy and paste the address of the image into the box, click okay, and there you go! We get to see your pics!

Learn - five pounds, you go girl! Maybe your body has just decided you don't need the snacks! I've been eating like that too, really only eating when I am actually hungry, and it's done me a lot of good! And think about it - not only did you hit your goal you SMOKED it - there are still two and a half weeks til Thanksgiving!

Wings - You're gonna get a BIG whoosh next week I bet - on point eating plus releasing all the retained water? Big whoosh! Water is heavy! Enjoy your lovely day - wash the car in little booty shorts and a bra! (I totally would do that if we were allowed to wash our cars, water restrictions here!)

I was so excited to post personals that I completely forgot to post my own positive! Oops. Hooray for the edit feature

I am still going strong - down 1.4 this week and on point with my eating calorie-wise. This week has been such a mess that I ate takeout five (FIVE!!!) times so I am salty as can be but everything I ate was within my calories so I am gonna keep losing.

Also, I have noticed that as I lose weight, my face takes makeup a lot better. I was pretty late to the makeup and beauty party - I was a tomboy as a kid and had horrible skin as a teenager. I wore eye makeup and lip gloss in college, but I didn't start wearing foundation/full makeup until pretty recently. And now that I lose weight it's so much easier to apply it properly because I can really SEE the angles of my face. I feel pretty, oh so pretty!

Anyway, I am gonna hunker down and watch football all day - hope everyone is having a fabulous NFL SUNDAY! (oh no, what am I going to do when football is out of season? maybe I will just count down to next season...)

Last edited by nooch; 11-08-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #402  

I have a quick question...

What do the letters NSV stand for? I see others using in their posts, but can't seem to figure out what it is. Just curious!
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #403  
moving the chains

S/C/G: 330/284/189

Height: 5'10"

Non-scale victory! Your extra few steps every day are a big NSV!
Old 11-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #404  
Inch by Inch/Senior Mem

S/C/G: 359/319/160

Height: 5.3

Helloooooo,

I know, I know, I am sooo late for a Sunday, but between daddy and Mali, I have had my hand really really full, but it was a good full.

Learn, I cannot imagine knowing that I have a broken needle in my foot, I would be soooo queasy all the time. BIG T IMES CONGRATS ON 5.6 POUNDS, you are doing the do!!!!! You know what, even though Nooch had told me once before, I had forgotten what NSV meant as well and was to ashamed to ask again, thank you my friend for asking, now I know again. If I forget again, I will PM you and ask quitely.... LOL LOL Okay now tell me this.............How was a bbque chicken????

Hottie, did you take my advice and back it up? Is your tank full? Even though you are retaining the water, you know it will be a thing of the past in just a few, cause you will kick it right in the booty. Enjoy that weather and make that car SHINE!!!! When you finish you can come and do mine.....Please!!

Nooch, still heading down down, down, that is the way to go!!!!! You are the queen of releasing weight!!!! Strutt your stuff baby, wear your makeup and knock em' dead. I was a tomboy too for a long time. You should feel pretty cause you are. Enjoy the football

Oats, enjoy that trip and come home safe and sound!!!

Carol, hope the sun is shining on you and Ed today. Have a fantastic day.

My positive is..................my honey is alot better!!!!!

See you later gaters,
hugs love and blessings,
Ags
Old 11-09-2009, 04:49 AM   #405  

Good monday morning girls,
Well another weekend has whizzed by way too fast and another workweek that will creep by has begun. Let's get down to business a.k.a. Da Personals!

HotWings- I seem to be going through the same thing. I gather up all this water retention, but TOM is still 2 or more weeks away. Hows that car look? Is it nice and shiny? By the way, mine is in desperate need of a bath if your interested, LOL!

nooch- I sure hope you don't go through withdrawal symptoms when football season comes to an end. There always golf or bowling!!!
Congrats on the 1.4 pound lose this week. Thank you for the definition of NSV.

Ags- Now your doing it, I only lost 5 this past week, not 5.6. The 5.6 was the water retention part, I'm not counting that part, if I did my lose would be 10.6 lbs. I'm so glad your hubby is feeling better. The BBQ chicken was fantastic and history. Oh and here is something you might get a chuckle out of. I have been trying to decide what size turkey breast to cook for thanksgiving and I'm unsure as to what size will fit in my new crock, so I measure the circumference of the inside of the crock with some string and you wouldn't believe the crazy looks I got at Walmart when the people walked by and this crazy lady was wrapping a string around the turkey breasts in the case. As I was driving home I thought, wouldn't it have been cute if someone asked what I was doing. I would have replied with, "I'm an undertaker and I'm getting the final measurements for the casket."

As for me I was again on plan and still not snacking in between. I didn't get my walk in yesterday. For some reason after church I just vegged. I did pick up a photo job while at church, Paster Joe's son is graduating from high school and he would like some nice senior portraits of him, plus a nice family portrait or two.
Today I am going to put my new crockpot to work again and make some homemade apple sauce with Splenda of course.

To all you M.I.A.'s out there, I miss you terribly, please come out to play!

Here is my quote of the day.

"Enjoy life now, it has an expiration date."

Ladies have a wonderful monday and remember...
ONLY 47 MORE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!

Later - Learn

Closed Thread