Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 12:30 AM   #91  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

I had a long day today and walked before I started my errands so I wouldn't "forget" to exercise. Sometimes I let the day go by and conveniently misplace the time to do it. It feels better to walk in the morning anyway, I am not all stiff and hurting yet. That comes in the afternoon and evening. I went to my TOPS meeting and had a half pound loss. I have to keep remembering a loss is a loss, even half a pound. I tend to think of my small losses as signs of failure since they usually happen when I have out of control eating issues. I did have some this week but managed to get rid of the homemade cookies in the freezer by giving them away so that eliminated that problem. Now if I could remove my emotional reasons for eating as easy. They seem to get me down and make me reach for crap food when I am not on my guard. Doing other things when I have the urge to eat is all well and good in theory but in reality, if I am going to eat, I might as well eat the real Crave first and get it over with. Sometimes I try to avoid the Crave by eating other things then finally get around to actually eating what I really want. By that time I have eaten a ridiculous amount of food. It's okay to indulge in the Crave if I take the time to measure and weigh it. Sometimes that even takes enough of the "forbidden" out of the act to make me not want it anymore.... Eureka, I've found it! I've solved my own quandary!

Toni

Last edited by ToniLight; 09-27-2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: FOrgot something
Old 09-27-2008, 06:55 AM   #92  

Height: 5'7"

Well its Saturday already...I had a loss of 1.8 again. Im not sure how i managed that after the ribs but i will gladly take it. I think guzzling water really does help flush out stuff fast. Last night my rings were sliding on my finger again and i knew the water weight was gone.
going shopping today to see what we can find and decide on flowers and decorations for the church. I am thinking after today things will slow down with my daughter and pick up anytime with my son and his wife.she is to the miserable point of pregnacy.
hugs to all
Old 09-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #93  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Debi-I know how that is with being out and grabbing a quick bite here or there! Hoping that your daughter finds the perfect items in the color she wants this time!

Jen-Good job of noticing the issues and applying a solution! I usually have that problem.....don’t notice the issue and then fight myself on applying the solution! LOL

Brie- We are retired Army.......so I know how it is to have your DH away for awhile and then enjoy him so much more when he is home! Glad to hear your walking plan! I have been having pain in my legs from my varicose veins and so I haven’t been able to do my normal 30mins at a time.....I hope on the treadmill as I can for as long as I can....usually less than 17mins.....but what I figure is anything is more than I was doing....right???

Rat- you seriously should look into writing a book! You are the most creative writer I know!!! You made me laugh picture us 3FC Thugs showing up at Annie’s instructor class!!! LOL tooo FUNNY!!! Hope your knee gets better soon!

Cyn what kind of quilt are you making? Sounds like hormones to me. I’ve gone through that before ..........now that its been a few years since they took all my equipment out......I only rarely get emotional or even the hot flashes hopefully they can figure out what is causing yours and help fix it.

Debbie-My family dr. said that the surgeon will decide which of the two procedures he will do if he finds me as a candidate for his services. They do one procedure where they shoot something into your vein and it helps them shrink......then there is the Stripping of the vein itself which is a surgery......I have quite a few so not sure which he would think would benefit me more.....don’t see the surgeon till the 27th of Oct....so we’ll see

Well yesterday the saga of my day with wacky asst.....LOL.....dragged on......she had taken weds & Thurs off because she was sick “bronchitis” was coughing and throwing up those two days (she called the teacher in my room). Yesterday she came to work.....when we got out of our cars (at the same time) she immediately started coughing (faked) so it aggravated me I just said hello and didn’t say anything else! She continued this faking of a cough once the teacher entered the room........when SHE didn’t say anything......she stopped.........and NEVER coughed again! Little does this woman know that my husband gets bronchitis at least 3 times a year and I know for a fact without meds you can’t get better..............she can’t take any since she is pregnant............and even with meds it takes a couple of weeks to get over the cough!!!

I went after work to pick up my support stockings......then took DH dinner.....did I mention before he was working a second job? He is selling cars, which he loves to do! I just can’t stand the uncertainty of it as a main job for him! Well I stuck around and visited with one of the sales ladies.....I’m having a jewelry party on Tuesday and wanted to invite her.....was a nice visit.....came home....put my stockings on and OMG!!! What a relief! Instant!!! It was amazing! I even slept with them on.....I took them off early hours of the morning....cuz I know I shouldn’t sleep with them on....but my legs felt so much better........It almost felt like I could feel the blood circulating in my upper thighs.....LOL It was amazing! I guess it will be long pants from now on! Although for the cruise I will wear my capris but at work since it is fall time I will start wearing my longer pants with these Aweful colored stockings! Why can’t they make them more of a flesh tone??? LOL I did however get a pair of black as well!
Old 09-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 360/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Mad dash to get out of the house today. Quick update now, reading y'all's posts and personals will happen a bit later.

Just did Walk Away the Pounds 30 minute walk Video...FOR TEN MINUTES. Yep,that was the only amount I could do before feeling like my legs were going to fall apart!!! Oy! Humbling experience, for sure!

I have committed to getting 20 minutes of exercise today so when I get back home I'll do the first 10 minutes of the video again and follow that with LOTS of stretching.

Never done a Leslie Sansone video but I'm hooked. I like her personality, easy going nature, and encouraging words through out the whole video (I watched it one night a few days ago while I was biking to see if I wanted to give it a try). The DVD I have is a rental (gotta love Netflix) but I'm ready to buy one of my own.

It's hard to see how far I've slid in my overall fitness, not to mention weight gain, in the past 3 years. Still, I'm here and I'm doing what I need to do to reverse that, so I'm having a good day.

Stay OP people...see you soon! :-)
Old 09-27-2008, 04:27 PM   #95  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm supposed to be doing my homework, but am thinking about taking a nap. I'm afraid that I'm in over my head. I had to look up in the dictionary several words in the assignment. This guy uses language like my father in law who is a retired Medieval English professor. I'm always afraid of finding that wall that my brain injury has put up that will allow me to go no further in my education. It is exhausting reading the same question a 100 times, and still not even understand what he's asking.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

howdy all..
quick update on me...

Went to the dr's today...about my weight...340 lbs..ok that means i have lost wieght when i went in april i was 351. and dont know why i cant get on the gym scale...it goes to 350 I am thinking the gym scale is wrong i could not have lost 15 lbs in one week no way lol

Dr thinks my thyroid is my problems for all my emotional jabber going on. So we will see when all the blood work gets back

She said that my blood pressure is to high..so i have to monitor it for a week. NOW LET ME ASK YALL...the MA didnt have a big enough cuff...so she used the small one and did it on my forearm right below my elbow...does that seem right??? I have never had them do that.

She also wants me to sign up for the nutrition classes there. She said they are one on one and that they can give me suppliments and all that. We will talk more when I go to my follow up in 2 weeks.

I have having an "adult all girls" get together tonight..soo this will be nice down time for me. Hope I can keep from crying lol

Hope all have a great rest of the weekend.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:43 AM   #97  

Height: 5'7"

cyn- yes they have used a small cuff on me in the past,below the elbow. I use to hate when the reg cuff would pop open.

dmpls- my friend had a vein shot this past summer. She did great with it. Her vein was horrible and stuck out alot across her knee.It looks great now.

catherine- I trully doubt you are in over your head. You are a super intellegent lady!!

Rat- I think you would be a great author...

niva_ great job getting exercise in..i have slacked but did get in lots of walking yesterday. Today back to the minitrampoline.

dmpls- HI..

We had a great day yesterday. We hit 4 fabric/craft stores, made list and then went back and bought what we needed each place.I think she pretty much got everything she needs. I know we still need pillar candles but thats about it as far as flowers and decorations goes. WE found her blue fabric and tulle at joann fabrics.We actually bought all they had in her color.LOL
I also got new jeans..they were on sale at jcpennys and i had a 10 off coupon. I got size 18s. Last time I bought jeans in a store i had to get a 28s.
looks like i need to do housework today after church..how can a house get so messed up in a day or so...????
When i got home yesterday hubby had planted mums for me. He had filled all my pots with them..all colors..so pretty!! We are still getting bell peppers out of our garden. I sure hate to start buying them again!!
guess i better dress and get started ladies..oh by the way yes i ate to much yesterday!! But today is a new day and im OP.
hugs to all
Old 09-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Morning everyone

Haven't had much time this weekend to stop by, will have more time tomorrow. Still haven't planned my menu's for next week. REALLY need to get that done. But it will probably wait until tomorrow after DH leaves.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 09-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Good Morning Peeps - I feel disconnected and need to reconnect. This garage sale has kicked my butt. It's been 12 years since we had one and if it's 12 more it will be fine with me.

I did manage 3 miles yesterday and a new water aerobics class. It was awesome - much harder than my old trainer did with me. I'm actually looking forward to a new start in the exercise front - I think he had got too comfortable in working me and wasn't pushing me at all. A new instructor also starts working with me in the cardio conditioning class this week.

I'm looking forward to getting back in my routine now that the sale is passed except for the final clean up. My skin is screaming about not getting enough water. I also am really missing my veggies. I've not eaten enough these past several days - today I'm filling up with lots of veggies and good stuff.

OK - it's a start - personals later. Welcome to the new chicks - looking forward to getting to know you.

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs to all,
Carol

Last edited by gggirls; 09-28-2008 at 10:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #100  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

I went to my Fall TOPS Rally yesterday, had so much fun! One of the cool things we did was Chair Exercise. Don't laugh please, it was fun and sweaty! I am still limited to what I am able to do physically so it was nice to know I could get a work out and not bounce around on my poor overtaxed feet. (Not to mention my knees) I just went and ordered some DVDs online. Can't wait till they get here!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Julia, well that's just awful!! Shame on him for making those comments especially when you're trying to so hard now!! I hope you tuned him out and just focused on the memories.

Brie, hope the legs are feeling better!

Toni, YAY for the .5 lb gone!! A loss is a loss!!

Debi, Hooray for the 1.8 lbs dropping off! Sounds like you had a fun day doing all the shopping. I'm so glad that you found the right color blue!! I bet that is sucha relief!

Bernice, that's great that you got some relief with those stockings! Good thing it's fall so you can wear more pants and not have them show. You're right, they need to make prettier colors in those!

NuevaVida, good for you on getting started on exercise. You'll get better the more you do. Just build up gradually so you don't get yourself so discouraged that you totally quit!

Catherine, sorry to hear you're having such a tough time with the homework. I have to re-read something several times too, and I don't even have a brain injury!! Take care!

Cyn, yep, they've taken my blood pressure that way a couple of times too, so it must be ok.

Carol, how did you do on the yard sale? Those can be draining! Glad that you can get back to your veggies and water.

Yesterday at the aquarium was really nice. It was a beautiful day. We saw the otters playing. I just love those little guys. Our cat James acts like an otter at time when he lays on his back and puts his little paws together! Then the kids came over and we had dinner and played Wii games the rest of the night. I beat them big time in golf!! Then the people next door were having a big biker party and someone hit the pole and we lost power for a couple or hours. It's so dark you can't see your hand in front of you. Fell over the dog!!! Today we went to Michaels so I could get some fondant cutters for my clay and got 20% off the whole order.....nice!!! Now it's just relax, but I have to go make dinner before Jim goes to work
Toodles
Debbie
Old 09-28-2008, 09:06 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 349.8/229/165

I've never heard of them taking your bp like that. They always use the thigh cuff on me,they put it on my upper arm. I always request the thigh cuff. I find it gives me a more accurate reading.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:19 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Hiya Peeps - here I am - 3.8 miles further down the road with Angie's encouragement. I'm gonna make 40. A short year ago never would I thought this would be possible. I need to do 1.7 miles between now and the end of the month. Thank you Angie but I'm glad it wasn't 50.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:38 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Carol, I am happy I didn't say 50 as well. I still need to get 1.9 more miles in. And I will. Thanks for helping push me.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:48 PM   #105  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Well, I finally got my homework done. We'll see if he liked it. All I needed was some quiet to concentrate. I think maybe with himself in Scotland that it was actually too quiet. I've begun talking to myself. That can't be good.
Closed Thread