Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #61  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Gee, all us 3FC gals could have our own little EtsyTeam! Not sure 3 is enough though.
Good to see everyone here this morning, no time for personals, actually my brain is too confused to do them. I am a "letter to the masses" gal. I haven't been walking this week even after getting my new shoes. My hip is driving me up the wall with weird pain and sciatica. Blech, no standing in one position for very long at all or it feels like the ice pick. Tomorrow is weigh in for me at my TOPS meeting, hoping to do well again. The next day is our regional fall rally. That should be fun. I put all my TOPS charms on a necklace to wear to it, it weighs about 5 pounds it seems!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:04 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all..

well today I am tackling my hall closet and the front bathroom. That is it..will do my room tomorrow Lord help me.lol

Watching QVC this morning its all about Christmas yeah!! Probably wont buy anything but love watching it anyhow

toodles
Old 09-25-2008, 12:44 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Morning all,

I worked for 3 hours this morning and then we finished. I'm glad cause I'm sleepy and think I will nap for a bit. I have First Aid class tonight which shouldn't be too bad. Personal trainer class was a nightmare for me. Maybe I am too sensitive. The teacher said, "If you have a fat person come in and you overwork them their first workout they will go home and say forget that was too hard. I'm just gonna go back to sitting on my sofa eating bon bons like I always do". He is a jerk. The class laughs at him and I can't stand it. I thought If I shared with him how fat I used to be maybe he would be more sensitive. Not! Oh well. It amazes me how the other people in the class make fun of people too. I don't know why I should be amazed because I used to hear it all the time but they have no business training someone obese if they are going to make fun of them and if they actually really don't want to do it. This teacher is harping on sales and how much money we can make. I have not heard him once say anything about helping another human being feel better physically and emotionally and how rewarding that is!

A lady heard me talking to the teacher and she wanted to see my before pics. I showed them to her and she told me I was soooooo lucky that my husband didn't kick me to the curb looking the way I did! Then she asked me if I know why I got so fat? I told her I believe I do and she said, want to tell me why. I was so mad. I told her no I don't think it is any of your business and you should not be asking any clients you get why they got fat or how they got fat. Help them focus on the fact that they are trying to do something about it and getting healthy! Am I too sensitive you guys? Sorry for blabbing on about it but it really made me cranky last night.

Okay on to better and nicer things,

Debbie: I am so proud of you for jumping on the treadmill. That is the type of thing I should do every day when I get home from work but I rarely do it without sitting down first. Hugs to ya.

Jenian: Maybe because you are working out more your body wants more fuel? I'm not sure. Our bodies do crazy things!

Bernice: My parents never did much of anything for my school functions and it kind of buged me a bunch. I am happy for your daughter that she has such a wonderfu loving momma!

Sheltie: I love your avatar photo. You are so pretty!

Summer: I'm glad that you are safe. Hugs.

Debi: My scales are stuck too. lol Sorry you are feeling kind of blah. Hugs to ya,

Cyn: Love the new avatar photo. I hope you get your chores done!

Carol: Hi girlfriend!

Well, I am going to sign up for the aquafitness instruction right now and pay for it so I will be all ready to go.

Hope you are all well and blessed,
Annie
Old 09-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi Chickies,

jen, did you take lots of notes at the seminar? Sounds like you got a lot of great ideas on things. Great job on not over indulging on the goodies. You have great willpower!!! It does help to hear from others who have made it to a point that they don't need the meds anymore, so I'm happy to share one of NSV's with you. I'm glad you liked the little things I make. The unicorn is one of my faves as it's one of the first banks I made. If you need more pics, just let me know and I can send you some. Thanks for looking!

Bernice, thankfully the Walmart isn't going to be in our town but in the next town over, so those of us who live in our town, will still have the local grocery store to go pick up things. I know they will lose some business, but I'm pretty sure that they will stay in business. We did have one store close up a couple years back though. Which is always sad. There's already quite a few little stores on the main street here in town that have gone. I just hope it doesn't turn into a ghost town.
Try to not think about it and just do it!!! Sometimes we gotta trick the mind.
Good luck with the leg ultrasound.

sheltiemomma, we would love to see your stuff! I guess you're really going to have to post away so you can get those 25 posts in so then you can give us your etsy site address! It's really fun and like I said, it does keep me away from food so it's doubly great! I'm with you, I would rather graze all day too. I tried SB and really liked it but for some reason didn't stick with it so now I'm back to calorie counting. To me it's more freedom of choice, as long as I stay in my calories for the day. Good luck to you though.

Hi Summer, glad you survived Ike!!

Debi, ugh, the bloat. Just sucks. Hopefully down a bunch of water and it will pass.

Toni, that would be fun to have an Etsy team, wouldn't it? I'm sure we could talk some more people in to showing their wares! Good luck at the WI at TOPS!

Cyn, ah, another person who loves Christmas! Isn't it just the best time of year. I'm already scoping out new things for the holidays to decorate my house with.

Annie, that must be awful to sit there and listen to someone putting an overweight person down, like we're below them or something. And not even to be sensitive to your after explaining to him from where you were. And then the nerve of that lady....geeze...I don't know if I would want either one of them to help me out. Now if makes me wonder what they think when we walk into a gym! Just hang in there. Hopefully these people will get a conscience and have some compassion for people trying to get themselves healthier.

Well, ladies, that's about it for me. Another glorious day of rain!!! Perfect weather for exercise and beads!!
toodles
Debbie
Old 09-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #65  

Height: 5'7"

Debbie - we have a beautiful sunny day here in the midwest with no humidity.There is a nice breeze and leaves are starting to fall. We spent 2 hours at the playground today and the kids are wore out! WE came home and had lunch and now they are laying down for a nap..two of the three asleep already.I would love to join them in a nap...but i have other things i need to do..like laundry and putting away dishes. fun fun..
Cant wait to see your new beads ...
Old 09-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi guys,

I am trying to get a post done during lunch, as it seems I have very limited time these days. I have quite a bit of walking to get in to get to my 40 miles. Strangely, I am very confident I will hit 40 miles...even though I only walked 1.2 miles last night (was supposed to do 2.4, but I had a ton of work to do in the evening, so I made the decision to take it easy for my walking). This is an interesting quandrum I will be having a lot it seems. Work is completely out of control, and I am known as the work horse (my own fault, as I have previously been fine working 14 hours a day, plus weekends). I am trying to get some focus on my health, and work seems to interfere a bit. There is an answer to the issue....get up early and get it done then. But dear god I hate getting up early. My morning mind is....get up...shower....work. There are no other morning activities. Period. I had to be at work this morning at 6:30am...and that wasn't a huge ordeal, but I knew when I got up that I could get up for work, but if my alarm went off for exercise...nope. So, I need to get my exercise in in the evening. I have been leaving work around 5 or 5:30....then going for my walk, then going home, eating dinner, and trying to get more work done. Trying. Not always successful.

Another note....I quit the BL. I couldn't keep up with the posts, and I realized...I don't even want to. Lots of people that I don't know, struggling with completely different issues than I am (I am so fat....I weigh 150 pounds...blah). I do lurk here though...fear not. You all are great, and I want to hear what's going on. I should make more of an effort to contribute though.

My weight this morning was 332.4....I really want to be at 326 by October 9th. That is when we head on vacation, and what a fabulous 50 pound gift that would be heading out. I think I am bringing the scale on the trip. DH laughed about it, but said if I want to, then do it. Better than some surprise 10 days later. My plan is to walk at least an hour a day during vacation, and many days much more than that I am sure. Yay....vacations. I won't linger on the fact that my boss mentioned I may not be able to leave when we plan on it because someone else failed to do their job...and he will be out. Nope, no anger here. Saturday will be a full work day for me (and some walking) and HOPEFULLY Sunday will be time to go to the mountains to see leaves turning.

DH bought me a Cubs Division Winner baseball cap. Woohoo.

Enough rambling about me.

Rat, Carol - Thanks for missing me. Rat, I hope your knee feels better soon. I hate when we make plans on improving ourselves, and then life gets in the way. And I hope you work angst subsides some. I am struggling with it some myself, but I am sure not nearly as you are. Carol...I am going to make 40 miles. Maybe not even 40.1....but I will make 40 darnit. (I say this with hopes that my legs start believing me).

Annie - I would be embarrassed/angry in that class. My mom told me when I was younger "you CAN'T get to 200 pounds, NO WOMAN could possibly weigh that". That, plus weekly beatings as a kid to lose weight have shown me how people aren't tolerant of weight differences. Interestingly, people don't see how such words/feelings can push people to eat. Oy, I hate some people!!

Debbie - Sure seems like you are getting a lot done these days. Good for you. DH and I took July 25th off this year to watch Christmas in July together (yes, QVC). It was FUN!!! And we bought several Christmas presents at that time too.

Cyn - Glad you are doing well these days. Seems like you are getting back in stride.

<Glance at clock>....conference call time. Sorry I can't get to everyone else.

Take care and be well,
Angie
Old 09-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

Awww Annie I'm so sorry these people treated you like that. You were not being sensitive, they were being extremely rude You did better than I would handling that, I can get a bit mouthy LOL Big to you. Thank you for the compliment on my picture

Debbie - I'm working on my posting I don't have anything listed on my etsy account, just pictures on photobucket. I keep thinking I need to get my stuff out and work some more on it. I wouldn't even know what to begin charging people for my creations Especially since I'm used to just giving them away LOL
Old 09-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Angie, whew! sounds like you really need this vacation. I really hope they don't stop you from going. You CAN get to your 50lb mark. Do it for you!! It sounds like you have alot of pressure on you from all directions. I really hope you do get time for just you so you can get yourself together. to you and just remember you can only do so much.

sheltie, I'm going to send you a PM about pricing and stuff and maybe that will help you out.

Well, I better go get some water in.
Debbie
Old 09-25-2008, 04:49 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Okay guys, not much time right now but I just wanted to let you guys know I decided to drop the personal trainer class. It is not for me at all. I will concentrate on the water fitness instructor. That is my love and I will set them straight if they pull the kind of crap that these other guys did. My heart is not in that land trainer class and I know that I wouldn't like to do it so, I dropped it and can't wait fur my aquafitness one to start in Nov.

I'll do personals later or tomorrow if I have time.

Hugs and blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 09-25-2008, 05:23 PM   #70  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to sheltiemomma & bigbabyk! Glad to have you here.

Sheila - I agree with Debbie...it sounds like it is time to transition to caring for yourself and let the others pick up some slack and care for themselves.

Angels4U - Hugs and have a strong day! You can do it!

Annie - I know its me who has to choose. Just feeling very overwhelmed. I dont kow what I want to do when my kids grow up! LOL
As for the personal trainer course. I do agree with you if they are that insensitive to where people were, are and want to be they have no business in that career. I am glad that you are going to focus on the aqua classes. I know that in your classes you can demonstrate how to love your clients the way you show all of us here love. God will give you strength let obtuse people know that they are to be encouraging the client and not have underlying bias that a person can sense. You will become a blessing to many clients who seek to be healthier. Please dont let the secularness of the instructor crush your desire to help people and the path God is leading you down.

Debbie - I have taken up preparing crafts etc for DD kindergarden class. The teachers are always short on help and class prep time. With DH gone most evenings at work. Cutting out 150 bats for halloween class keeps my fingers out of the kitchen.

Debi - note for when ordering brides maids dresses. Order the longest length possible. Then you can use the extra material in alterations or anything else that you need matching fabric for. The is usually no extra costs. I learned that yesterday I need some alterations in my bodice to hide my bra and the extra skirt is coming in handy! Good job on no fried stuff at church yesterday! Keep up the good work.

Summer - Glad your ok and have most things cleaned up!

Angie - Glad you've been lurking! I know you can meet that 6 lb goal before your vacation! You are doing so well! Dont let your boss get to you.

Did not sleep well last night so I did not get any exercise in today. No energy! But did scrub the floor hard today. And need to finish up those bats for school. Getting my water in and food choices are not horrendous! Forgot to weigh self before the day took off with a bang. But will in the morning for TBL 300+ thread. Have a great evening Chickies!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:46 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 310/310/170

Thanks everyone for your incredible support. Life is very busy here but I want to take time to check=in. Perhaps I will be able to keep up with each one of you sometime soon. I'm very overwealmed right now just trying to read all your posts.

Question? Do you have a place that you post your results each week or do you do that in here? Like is this a stand alone place or do you also spider inside weekly challenges.
A few years ago I was a member of eDiets and I liked the support groups there. This place seems much more friendly.

About my plan, well, I haven't started it yet. I keep saying that I need to get it on paper. I actually have it saved on the other computer if I take the time to print it off.
For me, counting calories has worked best...I did best on the Richard Simmons type plan. I hate counting points like at Weight Watchers. So what I have done in the past that was successful for me was to figure out how many of each food group I needed at different times of the day (many small meals) and crossing it off as I go.

I spoke with someone I know today who happens to be a nurse. I broke down and shared with her about my rapid weight gain over the summer. It was hard for me to share with her since she knows me, but I am glad I did. She confirmed some things... I am not eating near enough. She fears that what I have done to myself is totally crashed my metobolism by not eating enough calories... and YES, as one of you mentioned, I have caused my body to think it's starving... so what she thinks it's doing is storing everything as fat, no matter what it is....which is the reason for my rapid weight gain in the past months. It also explains my fatigue and mood swings. She suggests that I should get my body back on track by eating 2,500 calories of GOOD food each day...getting myself level and then begin dropping down the calories slowly. Seems like I've heard that somewhere before...

So I make you all a promise this day...
1. Print out one weeks worth of a food group plan
2. Weigh in tomorrow morning
3. BEGIN tomorrow morning with EATING everything on my plan

ONE step at a time....
Sheila
Old 09-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #72  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Annie-It's called the 7% jerk factor. 7% of everyone you meet will be jerks, but some professions are going to have more than their share. It sounds like these guys think that all their clients are going to be Arnold's. I guess this is the equivalent of bookies laughing at compulsive gamblers or bartenders laughing at alcoholics. Who do they really think their clients are going to be?
Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Hi Everyone
It's been a long time and I've finally decided to get back on the wagon. Lost 22 pounds on WW since the end of July and feeling pretty in control for right now.
Annie my friend! I would have probably been put out of the place if I had been there. What ignorance. And Catherine hit the nail on the head when she said who did they expect the clients to be for heaven's sake???
My kids are keeping me really busy and I can't post a lot but I love reading what you all are up to and will try to post every now and then.
Good luck and God bless you all!
Lori
Old 09-25-2008, 11:44 PM   #74  
one pound @ a time!!!!!

S/C/G: 381/323/165

Height: 5'7

i don't know how everyone is losing weight but it sounds like all the women here are successful in what ever they are doing. i wanted to turn to surgery but thought that would be the last resort.

I got to where i am by drinking soy milk and whey protein with fruit. it works but i need something different can anyone recommend something for me to try?

I started doing Leslie Samson walk video and she is so peppy it makes me wanna stop and watch her, lol. and i got Jillians michaels 30 day shredd for 10 bucks at wal mart. but i need something different.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:58 AM   #75  
Twilight Nov. 21st '08

S/C/G: 386/363/150

Height: 5'7

Default First post here

Hello everyone, I have been meaning to stop by this thread since I joined the forum but I got tossed a couple of life's little curve balls and I think I joined a few too many challenges on top of that.

I was doing great at first but I have been having a difficult time this week. Honestly, I think I may need to join something like TOPS because I have realized I need the support and reaffirmation from other people when it comes to this weight loss thing. I was very excited about joining 3fcs at first, but this is my first time joining a forum like this and I guess I expected more. I lurked for awhile and saw how supportive everyone seemed to be, so I figured it would help me stay motivated if I joined. I don't know why, but I feel like I have been pretty much ignored in some of the places I post. I know people have friends here they have known for years, but it still doesn't make me feel any less alone. Especially when I have been trying to keep up with chat and do personals, even while going through the stress of my mom being in the hospital and everything. I don't mean to say I haven't gotten any support, it's just not to the level I need I guess. Who knows, maybe I did or said something people didn't like, but I can't really worry about that cause it is effecting my mood and that just makes me wanna eat!

I hate feeling this way, cause it sounds so pathetic. Especially coming from somebody who is usually very private and independent. I have never been a joiner, of anything. So now that I am trying I just feel more vulnerable, and the last thing I need in my life right now is rejection from a group of strangers I am looking for support from. Wow, that sounds bad but I guess I needed to get that out. I know everyone has there own thing and they are here for themselves too, but I am very supportive and I want others to succeed as much as I want to succeed myself. So, I hope I can find my place here among women of my size who know more what its like to go through the physical pains and emotional struggles of being over 300lbs.

I should know better than to be writing emotional posts at 4am when I can't sleep, but what do I have to lose, well...besides 223lbs.
Closed Thread