Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie, I did 30 minutes on the treadmill...so yep, I got my exercise in! The bod pod sounds like it gives you lots of information. You don't have too much further to go. It seems you whizzed thru the 240's really fast!! I can't wait to see you're next avatar!!

Bernice, I only weigh in, in the mornings first thing after my morning deposit in th toilet. (sorry for that...lol) That to me is my most correct weight. Sometimes i will weigh right before I step into the shower at night, and it's usually between 3-5 lbs difference from the morning. Hope this helps some.

Jen, that's great that you found all of those clothes. How fun to go thru them and fit in them and still have a bunch that will fit when you lose even more. It's like shopping and never having to spend money or leave the house.

Just wanted to check in and see what's going on. Got some more beads done so now I just have to take pics and get them on Etsy.
Toodles
Debbie
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Bernice - I weigh about 7 pounds more later in the day - actually once I start drinking my water, eat a banana and with clothes. Don't worry about the scale - its about your health not the number. Remind me - lol.

Debbie - great job on the treadmill. Didn't it feel great when you were done? I did 68 minutes yesterday - I felt like Forest Gump - walk Carol walk - lol. I gotta get to 40 miles and didn't do anything at all Friday or Saturday so needed to get to it! Keep up the great work.

Annie - how was school? I can't wait to hear.

Now that I've scolded Bernice about the scale - I'm looking forward to my encounter with the scale tomorrow. I'm also interested to see what happens with the classes at the hospital that my trainer normally does. His last day is the 30th of September. He thinks they may cancel the class - I have a few alternatives in mind if that happens but trying, for once, to not fret and stew about it. I hope that means that exercise has become a given for me. I was proud of myself last week when he commented that I would follow him to the new gym - I told him I am doing this for ME not him. He seemed surprised that I felt so strongly about it.

Hugs to you all,
Carol
Old 09-22-2008, 11:02 PM   #18  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Finally made it to the hotel in Red Deer. We get to go home tomorrow after lunch. I will be so happy to get home to my own bed. Speeches went okay today. Got taken out to a fancy Italian restaurant by groupies. They all wanted to quiz me on stuff from the book. I tried to find something on the menu to eat. Settled on the open face grilled chicken breast. Himself got red meat which I never fix at home. I've been promised that this is the last one until January. I was so tired that I slept half the night in my clothes accidentally.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 AM   #19  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

thanks everyone about the scale issue...........not truly worried about the gain but more curious if others had a gain like that from morning to night.....
going to track it for the simple reason my mind is curious now about it and will start to fester and build into a compulsion.........so I am tracking it this week and then figuring out what my norm is on a daily basis from that....I'm sticking with my 265 LOL this morning it was pretty close to that still.....this is not for "numbers" just to see what my body is doing as far as water retention....

Well I'm off to spend the day on a field trip with DD she is going to be singing at what they call 4th district.....this areas competition. I took a sick day and I'm playing hooky from work! see ya all later!
Old 09-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Who ever knew there were so many shades of blue. We went shopping for tulle and ribbon and netting last night and had NO LUCK!! Her shade is called pool..kinda an aqua..everythng we find is too blue. She was about in tears by the time we gave up. Going to another town this weekend and look. THis is all new for me I think it was much easier when my dil did her wedding without any help from me!!!
carol- good luck with the scales today.

penny- yes we had a busy day..babysat all day then drove over an hour to shop and had no luck!!

catherine_ i know you will sleep good tonight in your own bed..how is your back?

dmpls_ I weigh about 5-6 pounds more at night..depends on how much i have drank that day..16 ounces =1lbs..even of water!

Jen- great find in the basement..i sure wish I had kept some smaller clothing...I am getting rid of lots this next weekend when we bring up winter stuff. All my winter clothing is 26-28s..and im in 18s now. Go to thrift stores and see if you can find some pants to match your tops..i dont mind buying my clothes there because they are just temporary clothing..

debbie_ hugs and great job on the exercise

hugs to anyone i missed
Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning,
Well kinda a bummy day yesterday. Hubby missed the test by 3 points! GRRRRRR. So he will take it again this next Monday. He is so tired and very upset with himself. He's not taking it too well. He will be on his way home today about noonish. Well, I better get moving, I have already started to clean the shower and then ran out of cleaner. I have to run to town this morning anyway so I'll pick some up.

dgraime-It kinda sounds like the shade of blue that my son and future dil are going with. I hope you find something. My oldest daughter just went and bought her homecoming dress yesterday. It is really cute. Now to find shoes to match, oh yippee!

dmpls-have a great day with daughter, sounds like you are looking forward to it. Take your water!

Catherine-how you feeling this morning?

Carol-Way to go on doing this for YOU! I am proud of you, keep up the good work. Be a leader. Scales are going to be your friend today! hehe

Debbie54-how are the beads coming along? Are your cupboards full of canned things yet?

jeniansmom-yeah on finding clothes! Did you get that smell out of them?

Rat-hows the knee doing?

Hi to the lurkers!
Old 09-23-2008, 08:58 AM   #22  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hi everyone
Lost 4 lbs this week, pretty nice right before I leave on vacation. No time for personals, just trying to get the house cleaned, cooking done, and packed. We leave early thursday but I will be back here before I leave
Old 09-23-2008, 09:53 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Brenda: Where ya going to vacation at??

Dgramie: I made a wedding dress for my friend about 10 years ago. She was pregnant at the time..I mean really pregnant..so I got the biggest pattern and altered it!! LOL It turned out great...was a little snug but hey I tried..but we had the same problem trying to match up her colors...darn fabric stores

Debbie: I will go check out your new beads.

I tried to get on here last night but the page would not load. Have no idea what was going on. Today is my last day of work til monday..yeah...I am soo glad to have this time off. Even though TOM is here I am going to make the most of it!!!

Toddles ...drink that water today!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Hi Chickies,
Carol, yes it did feel good to walk! Today i think I might do the wall pushups and workout with weights.
How close are you to the 40 miles?

Bernice, have fun with your daughter on the field trip!

Debi, hopefully you'll be able to find the color you need in the other town. Nothing more frustrating when you can't find what you need for a project.

Penny, so sorry to hear about hubby and missing by 3 points. I"m sure he'll pass it next week! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The beads are going well. I've come up with a new bear and I've also gotten a couple of custom orders...so it's been pretty exciting! I still have to get out there and pick some more berries for I hope, the last time. We're going to get some frozen peaches and strawberries from Jim's work and I'm hoping those will can up well. Have fun getting the house cleaned and give hubby some extra attention when he gets home!

Brenda, congrats on the 4 lbs gone!

Cyn, Nice avatar! Hope you like them! I'm putting some cute little bears on there today. Still have to take pics though.

Not much going on here. I just have to go pick them blasted berries hopefully for the last time. They're getting pretty ripe so I hope I can still get some good ones.
Drink your water, move move move and stay OP!! (I'll try and take my own advice)
Debbie

Last edited by Debbie54; 09-23-2008 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:51 PM   #25  

Hi Peeps

Debbie - I am at 32 miles - unless I poop out I should be good to get to 40. Wall push ups sound better than regular push ups.

Cyn - love the new avatar. Do you have any plans for your special time off?

Brenda - going somewhere special?

Catherine - hope you feel better just getting home. Does travel disrupt your classes and cause you stress catching up?

Penny - can he take it again from home? Darnit it all anyway. What color dress did DD get for homecoming?

Annie - c'mon - I wanna hear about your classes. Hugs girlfriend.

The 280s are gone forever for me finally. This week I released 3.75 which is a ginormous (yeah it's not a word - but I couldn't decide on gigantic or enormous) amount for me. I had not changed my ticker in a very long time and it felt good to be able to.

Hope you are having a great day!

Move your bodies, drink your water and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 09-23-2008, 04:50 PM   #26  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Debi - What are ya doing with the pecans? I am confident that you can find the right blue! I found the perfect white shoes for the wedding next month.

Cyn - TOM is evil. During the summer he was coming often (more than every 2 weeks less than 3). Now so far Sept hes a no show. Cant figure it out.

Annie - Bod pod sounds interesting. I tend to live in an unaware state sometimes...is blissful. But starting to think I would like to know real details about my health than just asuming or not aware of reality.

Bernice - Great news on the Doc! I weigh in daily always after the morning deposit. Never after breakfast. It gets me too discouraged even when I know when you consume, digetst but not release yet there will be additions of lbs. Love playig hokey from work! Havnt done that in 7 yrs since DS2 was born.

I am trying to figure out what to do. My contract with the govt is up for renewal for child care. They are wanting to pick up the contract. But I am not so sure I want to do this anymore. Maybe I should get a part time job some where. DH does not always like having other kids in the house. But he also does not like the idea of me working weekends when he is home and I could be spending time with him. I guess I could hand in the contract and maybe get a pt job for the Christmas season and see how it works out. Very confused. Any ideas?

Have a great afternoon ladies & gents
Old 09-23-2008, 07:52 PM   #27  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Carol-We scheduled around my classes. I did screw up down-loading an assignment. I put it in the wrong place, and missed the deadline. I wasn't the only one apparently, so I'm hoping that I won't get a zero for it.

My back feels better, I'm just exhausted from the trip. I ended up talking for about 5 hours in Calgary on Monday, and another 2 hours today in Red Deer. I'm parched and exhausted, especially mentally. I've got to unpack and do laundry, and repack tomorrow for his trip to Glasgow on Friday. I go to school all day Thursday, so I can't do it then. I've got another assignment due next Monday, and I'm already behind. I'm starting to wonder if I have reached my limit of capability.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 387/318/145

Height: 5'8"

Catherine-you are always on the go lady. Maybe it is time to slow down a little bit. Glad that you are back home and maybe will be able to get some sleep tonight.

Julia-sorry I can't offer any suggestions on decision for job. Only you can decide. How long have you done childcare?

Carol-Yes, he can take it and has already rescheduled it for Monday. He will have to drive an hour and 15 min. but it will be nice to be close. Daughter's dress is royal blue. very cute.

Well, just got daughter's hair colored and her eyebrows waxed. Now it is my turn! Well, the younger daughter just came in from bike riding so time for the bath. Yak later, Penny
Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 310/310/170

Hello, I'm so new that I'm glowing green. I have been reading in here for a long time this evening. Months ago I had stumbled upon this place, but never got any further.

I read the newbie thread but still not sure that I should be "here". Guess one has to start "somewhere".

I'll check back tonight or tomorrow to see if I need to move threads.

Sheila
Old 09-23-2008, 09:02 PM   #30  

Grace - welcome! Please post - there is so much support here! I look forward to getting to know you.
Closed Thread