Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:58 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

christina_ first let me say welcome!! I post in other areas of 3fc also and some areas are more friendly than others. I love the site and everyone here! I have made wonder friends here and I know you will also. I feel like we are a family here.When someone is struggling we all care about that person and try of offer advice and encouragment. WE also all share in the joys of each other accomplishments! I find myself during the course of my day thinking of things i need to tell my friends here. I have never done a online forum or chat or any kind before and I Love this one!!!
NOw please tell us about yourself and what plan you are following. I am a calories counter.

Baby K- have you tried counting calories?I find its the easiest thing for me to do. I can have anything i want..just have to make sure my calories fall in the right range.I have also learned that I do better when i eat whole foods and less processed stuff.

Lori_ good to see you. Glad things are going good for you.

catherine_ you are so right about annies teacher!! I wish we could turn you loose on that jerk!!

grace- way to go on getting started today!! You can do this and we will be here to help you along the way!!

annie- we are behind you no matter which you chose to do. I know you will be AMAZING at the aqua classes. YOu care so much about everyone and we all are so PROUD of you!!!

julia- hugs to you and your dd teacher is blessed to have you!!

debbie- hugs!! my mom prices things 3X the supplies..i dont think that is always enough.

angie_ your going to make that 50lb mark by vacation!! You can do it!!!

toni- have fun at the rally.

cyn- i forgot all about qvc christmas show..i would have loved to have watched it..my mom called and informed me it was only 3 months till christmas and i just wanted to CRY!! I have the baby taken care of..and one daughter but nothing done for anyone else. Looks like i need to get my bottom in gear.

sheltiemom- HI and hugs

carol- hi girl..how is the yardsale stuff going?

I did horrible yesterday..i had done great all morning and then hubby came home with ribs a friend had done ..ribs are my favorite grilled food and these just fell off the bone..really smoky flavor and I ate them!! I did good at dinner but my weight was up 4lbs this morning. GRRR I have not had as good of week as normal and i blame alot of it on the running around. I am going to have to learn to make better choices when eating out and also try to get the meal in earlier.
We are going shopping agian tommorow..its either find the blue or change colors..it will all be decided on tommorow..She really wants the blue but had sent for a swatch from an online company that said it was pool blue buts its more blue and hers has a green undertone.GRRR
I havent jumped but once all week...I will try to get on that thing this morning before my little kids get here. I also need to try and get my house picked up again.Its so hard to keep it straight with 3 kids age 2 running around and dragging out!
hugs to all and anyone i missed
Old 09-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #77  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Christina !!! I'm not sure what other sections of the forum you were posting in....but for me the 300+ is about the only place I will post consistantly........the women here have been through or are going through the same issues I am struggling with......how can I relate to a 150lb girl that is "so tired of being fat" to me that is my goal weight (a little below it but still) I would die to be that fat LOL Plus with having alot of weight to lose most women here know that it is not a quick few changes to get to that goal weight..........we have to really work at it and for much longer than those wanting to lose 20-40lbs! Those women in that range just don't understand when we lose 1lb a week it is a victory.................because we didn't gain and we stayed on plan! For them that would be a horrible week because they "dieted" all week and ONLY lost 1lb! Don't get me wrong I've learned from my skinner than me sisters here some techniques for changing the way I eat, I just don't think they can give me the type of support that my 300+ chickies can give. Hope you stick around and give us 300+ women a chance!

Grace- this link takes you to the thread that is for Sept exercise posts. This one is weigh in's for the 300+ board. if you look uptop of this page your nickname is on the right hand side.....just to the left of that there are links if you click on the link 300+club it will take you to the main page for this forum......you can make a new post if you would like, or click on this thread, or uptop of that page there are "sticky topics" those stay there so we can find them quickly......thats where we post our weekly weighins etc.... Hope this helps and doesn't confuse you more LOL

well ultrasound went well on my legs.....my surgeon appt isnt till Oct 27th.........but the results of my ultrasound will go to my doctor in a couple of days.

gotta run out the door for work will post more later
Old 09-26-2008, 07:16 AM   #78  
BlockHead =)

Today is the day I'm getting out of this funk. I will exercise and since I want to make the 120 min exercise challenge and I've only done 68 mins this week, I will exercise for a total of 60 mins today.
I will stay on plan. I have considered myself off plan the last two days b/c I have been eating at unintended times. I don't keep much "bad stuff" in the house so they have been ok choices, but still definitely a slip in behavior. And not hunger related either. Also I think I'm not getting enough veggies. I eat low carb but this past week it's been a lot of fat and not enough veg.
And I started out with water first thing this am. I have not gotten in enough water the last couple of days either.
My energy has been lower, my mood has been crankier. Time to turn this around now. I want to lose the pound that crept back on and get myself back on track. Nice that I have a day off to do it, only have to take the car over for tires and I plan to hit a consignment store that a friend told me about that has lots of plus size clothes. Then I'll be home with no excuse to not exercise.
There I've put it down, now I just have to hold myself accountable.

Hope everyone's day is happy and healthy!
Jen
Old 09-26-2008, 07:25 AM   #79  

Height: 5'7"

jen- great job on getting on track today. I am so behind in exercise.I have already met my goal because i set it low just starting back to exercise..
I need to put my coffee down and hit the water also!! Good luck at the thrift store..I hope i get to run down to mine today..gotta love temporary clothing..its such a good feeling to get them cheap and then shrink out of them and give them back.
Let us know what you find!!
Old 09-26-2008, 07:49 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

Morning ladies (I think it's all ladies, if not then I apologize )

I'm so excited My hubby will be home this afternoon. He's an OTR truck driver and gone Mon - Fri. We're going to sit together this weekend and work out our "Get this fat off our butts" plan We're going to join the gym in a few weeks when it starts getting too cold to walk outside.

I did walk last night. Down the road and back. Just a quick 10 minute walk. My muscles got weak from it That's one of the health issues I've been having. My doctor thinks that it's just because I haven't been using them, but even though I'm a big gal, I've never had problems with exercise. He wanted me to walk 10 minutes a day for a week, then up it to 15 the next, and 20 the next. I'm gonna follow his plan and we'll see what happens. I wouldn't be so worried if it wasn't a new sensation to me, ya know?

Anyways, I'm going to go walk now, before my shower and going to work. Will check in later
Old 09-26-2008, 09:14 AM   #81  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Christina!

Sheltie - My DH is a driver too. He mostly sticks to 500 mile radius and is home several times a week. Usually gets 3 trips in. Interesting lifestyle eh? I kinda like having the space. But I could not handle him being gone 3+ weeks at a time! 3 or 4 nights a week is fine for me.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:40 AM   #82  

Hello all!

First of all, Welcome all the new Chickies!! This is a great place to get support.

I have been struggling with going up and down 10 lbs while dealing with new work stress and the shortening of the days. I injured my left knee mysteriously last week, so my stress outlet of exercising is on hold too.. ugh.

I do have one special personal for Annie.. you were right to drop out of that horrid class for your own mental health! The stuff they were saying is wrong. I would also go to whoever is sponsoring the class and complain. If it's a community college, I'd cc the deans. What Catherine said is true, there will be jerks and they have a tendency to be concentrated in certain professions... BUT, a teacher should be professional and ethical. Whoever is paying the salary of that instructor should know about the behavior. Man, hearing about your experience just makes me growl and spit fire!! I wish us 3FC chicks could teleport to you and show up at your class behind you.. 3FC thugs!!! "Let me introduce you to my leetle friends" hehehe.

Hugs to all!
Rat da Thug
Old 09-26-2008, 09:58 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

morning all..

Sheltie: WTG on walking..down sell yourself short of that great accomplishment of walking down the street. Victory is Victory!!

Christina: Welcome!! This is the only group I post in, and they are wonderful!

Annie: sounds like Mr fitness needs an A** Kicking!!! Please forward me his place of work..I will be happy to give him one.

As for me....yesterday I got most of my room cleaned. My craft spot anyhow. I totally watched myself...clean a little..then sit...then clean ..then sit. It is so horrible that I physically can not just clean.

I did alot of crying yesterday as well. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY!!! I go for my pap on saturday and I am going to ask what the heck is going on. Hormones? I dont know..but it is getting annoying.

Today I am finishing up my room and going to work on more of my quilt. Hubby is home..so we will be going early to the gym.

Last edited by azcyn; 09-26-2008 at 09:59 AM. Reason: typos you know lol
Old 09-26-2008, 05:05 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie, I'm so glad that you decided to get out of that class!! I was so afraid it would have a bad affect on you with those people talking the way they did. YaY! on the water instructor. That's where you belong!!

Julia, Yikes! You're fingers must be really sore!!! Sounds like fun though to make all that stuff for the kids.

Sheila, It's good to hear that you got to get some things off of your chest, even if you did break down. Sometimes that's what it takes to get us going on ourselves. Take care, and think what program would be easiest for you and try it. You might have to try a couple or so different ones to see what works best for you....but you CAN do it. Just coming here is a BIG step!!

Hi Lori, welcome back!! Congrats on the 22lbs gone!!

bigbabyk, The WATP tapes are great arent they? I've got several and change them up alot (when I exercise..lol) I do calorie counting and it allows me to have pretty much whatever I want as long as it's in my calorie intake for the day. It's what's worked best for me.

Christina, We share ALOT of support here so hopefully this is the place for you!! I don't know where I would be if it wasn't for these ladies here kicking me in the butt when I needed it and having a hug ready when things were tough. So join on in any old time and we all can't wait to get to know you. Hope your Mom is doing better and will be out of the hospital soon. That alone is alot of stress on a person.

Debi, yes, that's what I price stuff at too. It should be pretty acurate. It's a good rule of thumb! Sorry to hear you had a rough day but just jump back on the wagon. I've got my hand out and if you miss that just grab onto my leg!!!

Bernice, so glad the ultrasound went well. Did they tell you what they are going to have to do?

Jen, I've got my hand out to you too!!! Jump right up!! Have fun clothes shopping!

sheltie, how was the walk? That's a great plan your doc has for you. Small steps, that's the way to ease into things!

Ratkity, I've got my chains and brass knuckles ready!! Let's go!!

Cyn, have fun at the gym!! And great news on getting the room done. A sense of accomplishment is always so encouraging!

Not much happening here. Just wanted to check in!
toodles
Debbie
Old 09-26-2008, 07:11 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Day one of the garage sale is OVER - about 20% of my larger clothes sold - not one piece of DHS - I was quite surprised. Tomorrow is the day the city sponsors and publicizes so I'm hoping for lots of traffic.

New water classes start tomorrow - my trainer QUIT earlier than he had planned so we've not had class at all this week and no personal training either. Glad I made some alternate plans. I'm looking forward to being in a class setting in the water - anybody figured out yet that I love structure.

Think I'll relax before the steak is grilled.

Move your bodies (Carol), drink your water (Carol), and SMILE.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 09-26-2008, 07:40 PM   #86  
BlockHead =)

Today ended up being less relaxing than I had hoped, but it was a good day. Turned out to have extra errands to do so I didn't get home til after 2. I did find a nice top at the consignment shop that I can wear now and a cute sweatshirt that I'll be able to wear in the spring. I picked up a shirt for one of my nieces. I also dropped off a lot of things and it felt so good to let them go, knowing I will never fit them again I had to take some things back home and will hold onto them til spring but I am sure by then I will have more to add to the pile. The great part is that I can drop by anytime after the 1st of the month and they will give me 40% of whatever has been sold. Between me getting too small for clothes and my son getting too big, this could be fun!

I ended up going to Kmart and picking up a pair of pants. Now I have 5 pair that fit well for work, so I don't have to think about that anymore until I drop another size.

I picked up a new sweetener at the health food store yesterday. I am trying to get a hold of erythritol to try but they have been out of stock, so I picked up sweet & slender to try. If anyone has any experience with it, especially as in how it affects their blood sugar, I'd love to hear about it.

I did much better with my eating today and water and was determined to exercise. I did a yoga/pilates kind of thing with a stretchy band that I had taped from FitTV. I can't count it as 1/2 hour though as there were sooo many commercials, so more like 15 minutes. So I decided I would get on the treadmill, but 37 minutes into that the belt was rubbing hard enough on one side to start to fray so I stopped so DH could take a look at it. So, seeing as I did 68 1/2 minutes on Sunday, I got my 120 in for the week, but man it was by the skin of my teeth.

I do feel good though. It's amazing to me how hard it is to get myself moving when I know that I feel so good after I do. Oh well, I will keep at it and eventually learn the lesson.

Time for more water and supper. Have a great night everyone, and thank you for the support!
Jen

Last edited by jeniansmom; 09-26-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:25 PM   #87  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

I just put him on the plane to Glasgow without me. I don't know which is worse, the going on the plane, or the staying at home alone. I couldn't have survived the plane trip, so not much choice. He's off to give a paper at a convention of space cadets. Something about dealing with astronauts who might get psychotic on long space missions. Real world, they'd probably get the air lock, but it's a free trip for him. I'm planning to get caught up on my homework.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #88  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

Feeling angery. Sorting photos for the wedding powerpoint slide show. Hubby keeps looking at old pics of me saying I looked hot and why did I gain so much weight. What a way to spoil the night hearing him say over and over cant wait till you fit into that gown, dress etc again. Could open a can of whooping but that would wake the kids. Trying to keep my cool. Honestly he does not even realize that HE is part of my emotional eating thing and will never claim any responsibility for how much stress he can cause. RANT done and going to enjoy my memories!
Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 PM   #89  

Evening ladies

Have had a BUSY day. Always is on Friday's when DH gets home. I only work 1/2 day and then we spend the afternoon running around and paying bills.

I did walk this morning. Wasn't so bad muscle wise. Maybe because it was first thing in the morning? But by afternoon my legs burned so bad and were about to give out on me. UGH! I'm not used to feeling that way. Never have before. But I will walk again tomorrow. Gotta play the game to rule everything out.

Had to do some tough love parenting this evening and now I'm wide awake. So I hopped online to chill for a bit. At least I don't have to work again until Wednesday. Although I do have an all day training on Tuesday.

Carol - I hope you have a very successful day at your yard sale tomorrow.

Quote:
Sheltie - My DH is a driver too. He mostly sticks to 500 mile radius and is home several times a week. Usually gets 3 trips in. Interesting lifestyle eh? I kinda like having the space. But I could not handle him being gone 3+ weeks at a time! 3 or 4 nights a week is fine for me.
Yep, interesting it is! We've been doing this for 12 years now. It's so part of our life that we both need the space from each other We adore each other, but too much of a good thing can be bad also

I'm also sorry your DH was so insensitive to you
Old 09-26-2008, 11:31 PM   #90  

Oh, BTW, my name is Brie. That way you don't have to call me sheltie. Not unless ya wanna
Closed Thread