Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Hiya chickies!

Jen, hope the seminar is a good one and the time goes by quickly for you! What kind of seminar was it?

Sheila, it's time to take care of YOU! You're kids are old enough now to fend for themselves. If hubby and kids don't want to come to the table and eat when it's ready, you still need to sit down and get your calories in for the day. I don't know what plan your on, but no matter what you have to get enough calories in or your body will shut down and go into starve mode and you won't lose any weight. Also what's helped so many of us here, is to start with baby steps. Maybe drink lots more water to start off with, then start getting into portion control, then add in exercise. If you try to do it all at once it gets too crazy and you'll think it's too hard to do, so hence the baby steps. And definitely come here and tell us how your'e feeling. That's what we're here for is to help each other. So you've made a good start just coming here. I wish you all the luck in the world.!!

Brenda, have a wonderful and safe vacation!!

Sharon, good for you!! Don't give up the good fight!!

Catherine, I'm soooooooooooo there with urging menopause on!!

bigbabyk, We're here for ya!!! Start small so it's not too overwhelming for you. That's the best advice I think all of us can give you. Pretty soon, you'll be back in the groove of things.

Ratkity, I'm here!!

sheltiemomma, Hi!! We're so glad you're here. So you know what you have to do, so let's go!!! You can do it. You said you have before, so you know you can again!! Just think of how good you felt when you lost that weight. That's a great incentive right there.

Well, ladies, I have to go finish up some beads. We're having wonderful wet weather here. I just hope it stops by Friday cuz we're off to the aquarium!
toodles
Debbie
Old 09-24-2008, 05:24 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie54 View Post

sheltiemomma, Hi!! We're so glad you're here. So you know what you have to do, so let's go!!! You can do it. You said you have before, so you know you can again!! Just think of how good you felt when you lost that weight. That's a great incentive right there.

Well, ladies, I have to go finish up some beads. We're having wonderful wet weather here. I just hope it stops by Friday cuz we're off to the aquarium!
toodles
Debbie
Yep, I know exactly what I need to do and I know just how good I felt when I was 50 pounds lighter I'm tired of being tired, that's for sure! Have got some other health issues going on and need to get this weight off to see if it's the weight, or an actual problem.

Do you make beads? Or make jewelery with beads? I started making beaded jewelery last year. I love doing it, but haven't had any time in months to even get my stuff out of the closet
Old 09-24-2008, 06:06 PM   #48  

Hi all,

Been Awall for a while still dieting hard though.....I have 54 lbs off.......
Starting to struggle now........ But I am happy with my 2lbs a week .....
Having a hard time to resist temptations...But will keep walking and keep up the struggle............ Angels
Old 09-24-2008, 06:28 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 351/286/140

Height: 5'6"

sheltiemomma: Welcome to the group!!!!

bigbabyk: This is an awesome support group!! ALSO I live in Arizona...Peoria as a matter of fact. Where abouts are you?

Sheila: It is all about baby steps I know....I have not lost anything..BUT I have joined a gym and go regularly..I drink more water and less pop then I ever had...AND I chat on here everyday..whether it is good or bad...the ladies here are great!!

Angels4u: Ya need a hug sweetie ((( HUGS )))))

Debbie54: SOOOOO Jealous of the rain!!!! I hope to move someday and say I am enjoying the rain hehe

I am enjoying my days off work...today rearrange the living room lol. Really it needs it. DANG TOM is almost gone!!! Then back to the gym!!!

Last edited by azcyn; 09-24-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 PM   #50  
one pound @ a time!!!!!

S/C/G: 381/323/165

Height: 5'7

I live in Phoenix
Old 09-24-2008, 07:19 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi guys, (waves tiredly)

Wow this week has kicked my bootie and it isn't over yet. lol. Getting up so early on Mondays and Tuesday and school being so late on those days is kicking me but, I'll survive.

Debbie: I'm proud of you for exercising. I can't wait to go look at your new beads. They are all so darling. It seemed to me that I went at a snails pace through the 240's lol.

Carol: Okay, first Woohoo on your big release! I'm so proud of all of your hard work and telling your trainer this is your journey and he was invited in for a season and possibly not more than that. Good for you! Personal trainer school is very hard. AT least this class was the first night. It may be my attitude. The instructor has his doctorite in ??? I forgot but some body stuff. During the day he is a physical trainer. He used to be a personal trainer before finishing his schooling. He says a lot of stuff about "fat/obese" people. He talks about how a woman will come to you for help and be all crying saying she is a size 18 and wants to be a 10 again please help. I was sitting there thinking wow, I"m a 18 now. lol. I am soooo out of my comfort zone with being about 100 pounds heavier than most of the women in the class and I am probably heavier than most of the men too. lol I tell myself over and over I am doing this for me, for my knowledge and someday to help someone like me that really needs it. I don't know the proper terminology for it but if I do any land personal training (not water) then I will have a much better bedside manner than the man teaching my class for sure! I am learning a lot about muscles etc. Mondays are lecture days and Wednesdays are "lab" days which means we are in the gym measuring each other fat and stuff, "OH BOY". lol. So that is what we are doing tonight. lol.

Catherine: Hugs.

Bernice: Glad you had a wonderful field trip with your dd.

Debi: Hugs to your daughter. Good luck with finding the right colors and such in the next town you go to.

Penny: So sorry your dh missed his test. I will continue to pray that he will pass it next time.

Brenda; woo hoo on the -4! Have a great and safe trip.

Cyn: enjoy your time off.

Julia: I think you are the only one that can decide what is best for you. Hugs.

Shelia: Very nice to meet you. We have all been in your shoes and some of us still are. Hugs to you and I'm so happy you joined us.

Toni: Hi girl.

Jeniansmom: Hope TOM gets better very soon for you.

Sharon: Hi sweetie pie.

BibabyK: welcome. Great job loosing what you have so far. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

Rat: Hugs to you on that knee. Yes, you need to take care of yourself so biker chick can live on!

Sheltiemomma: Welcome. In April 2007 I had more than 300 pounds that I needed to lose. Don't let the amount you have to lose overwhelm you. It is just a starting point. Hugs.

Angels: Woo hoo on the 54 pounds down. Good to see ya here.

Julee, Brandnewme, Johnnie, Anne: Hope you are all wonderful. Hugs to you and if I didn't mention you by name. Hugs.

Well, time for me to go get dressed for school. I managed to do 80 minutes of cardio and 10 minutes of push ups and sit ups until my dogs thought I needed a kiss every time I came up. lol.

Hope everyone has a wonderful op evening.
Blessings all,
Annie
Old 09-24-2008, 10:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

sheltiemomma, I HAD high blood pressure and diabetes when I was at 351, and on medications for them, but since I've lost weight, I'm not on the meds anymore. It's a liberating feeling!!! So yes, hopefully you'll find out when you lose some weight that your problems might just go away with the weight.
Yes, I make polymer clay beads. I don't make jewelry, just sort of a supplier for people who want to make something out of my beads. I'm at http://wuddlefuts.etsy.com if you happen to want to take a look. Do you have any pics of your jewelry? I would love to see it. I started doing beads again because it helps me to stop eating at night which is my worst time for snacking. So if you get the urge to eat something you shouldn't, get that jewelry makin' stuff out and get busy!!! It helps!

Angels, welcome back!!! So glad to hear you haven't given up but instead have done amazingly well on losing weight!!! YAY for you!!! Now don't be a lurker and get yourself in here!!

Cyn, I feel for you living in the heat like that. I just couldn't take it anymore (California) and thats why we moved.

Annie, you're so full of energy now it just amazes me! I really hope you get more comfortable in your class. You're so right that you are doing it for you. Thanks for the comment on my beads. I'm so glad you like 'em!

We got home from the store and I didn't even think before I jumped on the treadmill. I sorta have to approach it that way or I'll think about it too much and talk myself out of it. So I was really happy about getting it done and out of the way.
Off to go get more water!
Debbie
Old 09-24-2008, 11:38 PM   #53  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

I have never seen an Amazon store link on my page, am I blind?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:04 AM   #54  
BlockHead =)

Good morning everyone

The seminar was very informative. It was a management seminar, the first training of any kind that I've had since I became "co-manager" of the office in January. After the am session I was full of great new ideas. After the pm session I was a bit overwhelmed by all I still don't know.

Yesterday evening was weird. It was the first time I've really craved more food since I started this lifestyle change. It was the first time my chocolate ricotta cream and plain whipped cream didn't seem sweet enough to me. I ate an extra (as in already had one as part of a snack before supper) mini bag of micro popcorn and that seemed to satisfy me. I was pleased I didn't go in for an all out binge and kept myself basically within the constraints of my plan. I didn't like the feeling of craving though.

No exercise again yesterday, but I get out early today and have tomorrow off so I WILL exercise both days.

bigbabyk and sheltiemomma - welcome!
Sheila - I'm so glad you are taking those first steps! Good for you!
Debbie - I checked out your etsy - adorable creations you have there! I am eying the unicorn bank for my 1 year old niece for xmas, will have to show it to hubby and see what he says. I love it! And you are an inspiration when it comes to the blood pressure and diabetes, as I have type II and my blood pressure is creeping up. I am hoping by changing my lifestyle to get mine under control as well and it's always great to hear the success stories of others!
Annie - congrats on the start of classes, what an amazing wealth of knowledge you will have.

Happy Thursday one and all,
Jen

Last edited by jeniansmom; 09-25-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:10 AM   #55  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

Debbie- I like the convience of Super Walmart just hate the crowds! I usually try to go late at night when there are fewer people there, however that is when they stock the shelves and so then you have the pallets everywhere LOL! Ours went up a few years back and in the small town I live in, it effected a few stores. One grocery store scheduled their closing with the week that Walmart opened up. Another grocery store shut it’s doors a couple of days after Walmart opened with no notice to the public or their workers, the workers came in as usual and were told to clock out and that the store was closing that day! It did spark new stores to come into the area just not grocery stores. We have Walmart and one other grocery store. I like your tactic on the treadmill! Maybe I need to approach it that way!

Jeniansmom- thanks yes it is great to find a dr I like! She is a christian as well, she actually is closed on Wednesdays because she has church in the evening. Which can be a slight inconvience, like yesterday I went to get my compression stockings she ordered and the home health place couldn’t get information they needed for insurance purposes because the dr’s office was closed. The day with my daughter was nice and I got a lot of the baby blanket I’m working on completed while sitting when they were practicing!

Debi-Sounds like fun getting ready for a wedding! I can’t wait for my son & his fiance to set their date! My mom use to crochet small heart sachets and we would stuff them with matching tulle and some popori(sp?) attach a ribbon with their names & wedding date on it as well as those fake gold wedding rings. I have started making some just not sure if they are going to want them........if nothing else I will continue making them for one of the other kids weddings LOL

Grace1968-I had the same issues with finding this thread each week when I first started here! Then I finally figured out that the thread number changes each week and that is why I had the issue! LOL so I finally bookmarked just the 300+ forum so now I just click on that bookmark then click on the thread for that week! Not sure what you mean by a name....3FC stands for 3 fat chicks which is the name of the website......I am also in KY! There are actually several of us from KY! I am down near Ft. Knox....sounds like you might be up near Florence or around there(not that I’m a stocker LOL just that you said you worked in Cinci) I homeschooled my three youngest for 3years as well! I have 4 kids 2 are at WKU and one is in the Army, my youngest is still in HS. Hope you enjoy our little family of fatfighters here! Glad to have you!

Brenda-hope you have a great trip!!! You will have to take a pic of the tat to show us!

Sharon-HI there!

Catherine-LOL I understand those scream to cry days! But even with going through menopause I still have those days LOL our poor DHs! LOL

bigbabyK-WELCOME!!! Well you have come to the right place for support! What was it that you did before when you lost weight? I’ve lost weight in the past by eating very little and not exercising, taking OTC diet pills to curve my eating. But, I always gained it back and then some! This time I knew it had to be different! I try to keep my viewpoint on today only. That is what helps me! What can I do more for today to count against my long term goal of being healthier and more fit in my old age! Make small changes for a week and once those seem the norm add something new. My biggest benefit is skipping the soda for a glass of water instead. At work I use to drink 5-6 diet pops a day! Now I drink 5-6 bottles of water and maybe a soda a month! That is one thing I did at work. Writing out the reasons you want to lose weight helps also!

Rat-sorry to hear your knee is still not feeling well! I miss your crazy bike rides!

Sheltimomma-Yes feel free to just jump right in! tell us about your plan to attack your fat! Mine is calorie counting, even though at the moment I am battling that! LOL Glad to have you!

Angels-I’ve missed you! Glad to hear you are still OP! stop by more often and let us know how you are doing!

Cyn- love your new avatar(I know I’m slow) LOL wish I lived near you LOL then I wouldn’t be as far away from my son!!! LOL

Annie- yeah field trips will be over soon.......she is a Junior in HS! Gosh! I can’t believe my baby is that old! LOL I figure while I can do it I might as well take the time off to be there for her. When I hit middle school my parents were much older (my oldest sister is the same age as my best friend’s mom) most people thought they were my grandparents! So since they were older they were tired of running kids everywhere (there are 5 older ones in my family) So they didn’t go to many functions for middle & High school. I knew I wanted to be there for my kids because as a kid that was important to me. Thus my reasoning in taking a day off to go with her.

Ok so I finally got some of the personals done! Had to open up a word document to be able to read all your guys posts and comment! I find that the easiest way to go about personals! LOL

Well I have yet to get on the eliptical at work this week.......I wont be able to do it today either since I leave early for my leg ultrasound today! But I VOW to you ALL I am going to get on it tomorrow! At least if nothing else to figure out how to work it! I even asked the teacher that is in charge of purchasing it, If I could borrow it for my house! LOL he said people wouldn’t even notice it being gone! LOL I wish!

Yesterday was good at work, the other asst was out sick, yet again! The teacher & I have been still battling the issues of this other asst, she is a compulsive lier......which I find so irritating! She will lie about silly non-issue causing things and I guess that is why it bothers me the most.......I want to scream at her.......”Do you realize you lied about something that the answer didn’t matter?!” This is a little extreme but whats funny is that it very well could be something she would lie over...........You say did you see that blue car drive by? She would say I saw the car, but it was white.........you know it was blue and say so...........she will insist it was white.........when you question her about the “lie” she will snap or she will break down and cry! Then you feel like you have to walk on eggshells the rest of the day to make her feel better! Well I’m done walking on egg shells and I’m done being lied to over stupid stuff! When she lies I turn to her and point out the truth in a non confrontational way.........or press her to get her to tell the complete truth! It is soooooooooooo hard for someone who doesn’t work in our classroom to understand the things we go through with her.....people can’t believe the things that we battle when we explain them. LOL
Old 09-25-2008, 07:31 AM   #56  

Morning everyone Thank you so much for all the warm welcomes

So many thoughts running through my head right now. I'm hungry and even though I wasn't planning on starting with my healthy eating until Monday, I'm feeling bad about not starting today. But I have to get the unhealthy stuff out of the house first though and go shopping for good stuff. I guess until then I will practice portion control and start making sure I drink enough water. Drinking water is my easiest habit to pick back up since I love it

My food journal isn't gonna look too good, but at least it'll be honest and keep me in check.

Debbie - your beads are absolutely ADORABLE!! You are very talented!! I have an etsy account too, but haven't done anything with it I do have a couple pictures of a couple things I've made. I don't do it for profit, just to keep busy and I give stuff away.

I do have some pictures, but I can't post them. Said I have to have 25 posts first

Jen - congrats on keeping yourself in check I too hate that feeling and binging makes you feel even worse, I know Are you by chance doing South Beach Diet? I don't see many people eat ricotta cheese for dessert unless they are on SBD lol

DMPLS - I'm planning on starting back on South Beach Diet. I am a carb addict and when I eat them I feel sooooo yucky. But on SBD I still get the good carbs that my body does need and I feel amazing and energized. Fortunately, some habits did stay with me from before and I don't think it will be too hard to start it back up. I'm a grazer though, that will be my hardest habit to break. I'd rather graze all day then to eat complete meals. I developed that bad habit after I started working a couple years ago.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:41 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltiemomma View Post
Morning everyone I'd rather graze all day then to eat complete meals. I developed that bad habit after I started working a couple years ago.
Sounds like you have all the tools in your toolbox just need to use them again. On the grazing - I had to establish some ground rules for myself. No eating in the car - if I wanted (notice past tense) fast food I had to go in and get it - no drive thru. When I eat at home it is at the dining room table. Snacking/grazing was a big issue for me - it didn't work for me to substitute - it was the habit I needed to change so I have a set snack in the late afternoon. Getting home from work is my hardest time - looking for my after school snack is the best way I can put it.

Hugs,
Carol
Old 09-25-2008, 07:58 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gggirls View Post
Sounds like you have all the tools in your toolbox just need to use them again. On the grazing - I had to establish some ground rules for myself. No eating in the car - if I wanted (notice past tense) fast food I had to go in and get it - no drive thru. When I eat at home it is at the dining room table. Snacking/grazing was a big issue for me - it didn't work for me to substitute - it was the habit I needed to change so I have a set snack in the late afternoon. Getting home from work is my hardest time - looking for my after school snack is the best way I can put it.

Hugs,
Carol
Ugh, drive-thru . . . another one of my enemies My worst time of the day is between 2 pm - 5 pm. I just wanna snack, snack, snack! It's my slow time at work and that's when I'm sitting at my desk, catching up on paper work and doing online stuff. I need to stock up on my gum

I changed my avatar to a picture of me from June at my son's graduation. I was getting ready to put up a picture of me taken after I had lost the 50 lbs, but that wouldn't be being honest with myself. But man, the difference in my face is unbelievable. It looks like a different person.

But I'll get there again and post another picture that I won't be embarrassed to show.

Gotta go for a bit. Eat some breakfast, take a shower, call my hubby and head to work. I'll try and check in later if I'm not too busy

Old 09-25-2008, 08:10 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies!
Just wanted to check in quickly before I load the boys up for school!

I've been MIA due to Hurricane Ike - although I did get lots of good exercise in - all the raking, lifting, etc of clean up. I did not; however, make good food choices - part of that was the no power issue, but that is also an excuse!

Anyway, I'm back on track this week. Hope you're all doing great!

Summer
Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #60  

Height: 5'7"

Hello ladies,
I have a major case of the blahs...not really sure why. I have worked extra hours this week babysitting and i have also ran around alot . I think it all has just caught up with me!!!
I went to our churches fish fry last night and did great...I was tempted to have bad stuff but didnt give in!! I am bloated this morning so I know the fish was salty.
I feel so far behind on everything..personals, housework, exercise...but today i am going to get in 20 min of jumping plus get all my water in. Scales are staying within a pound of last week. I am going to take the kids outside to play today and try and relax while they run off some energy!
hugs to all
Closed Thread