Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #31  
Chained, Chainge, Change

S/C/G: 379.5/314/185

Height: 5'8"

Debi, Did you get your beads put on etsy? I have a few things to put up tomorrow after I retake some photos.
Catherine, Glad you are home and hope you get enough rest and recuperation from your trip.
dgramie, Good luck with the blue issue, colors are hard to match sometimes. I sort of hope my third daughter elopes.
Carol, Congrats on the 40 miles! I am walking around the block these days.
Bernice, Enjoy the singing, my daughter sings with school also. It is her joy.
Cyn, Hope you enjoyed your day off, mine are gone too soon.
Penny, We used to have dye parties and all my daughters would get their hair done. I cut and the oldest two did the dye.
Julia, A christmas job may be the thing while you think about the other. Take enough time while deciding.
Brenda, Great job on the 4 pounds!
Grace, Good to see you here, everyone is super friendly and will do their best to encourage.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:59 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Carol, hey congrats on being out of the 280s.You should make your 40 miles with no problems. Go for it!! I hope to catch up with you soon!
I actually decided to do pushups from the back of the couch. I could only do 3 minutes but it's a start. Then I did some walking around the house.....around and around. My feel start hurting because of my neuropathy. I wonder if the mini tramp that Debi uses would be better?

Julia, boy, that's a tough one. Hopefully with a litte help from up above, things will come together for you.

Catherine, hopefully after a good nights sleep things won't seem so hectic for you.

Sheila, you're in the right place...and Join in any old time you feel like it. Lots of support and sharing here.

Toni, yes, I got some more posted on there. It's been a fun experience so far. I had someone make me a new banner, looks alot better than the one I made up. I used Alchemy. Yes, the photos are the hardest to make sure they are light enough to show off the item.

We found out today that they are going to make a super walmart in the next town over. I'm so glad!! We can do all our shopping in one place. There were a lot of people that were protesting it for the last year and I guess the broke ground yesterday but it was kept very hush hush.
well, have a good night!
Debbie
Old 09-24-2008, 01:42 AM   #33  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

Height: 5'6"

So we got home around 9pm ONE LONG DAY!!! LOL got alot of my baby blanket completed!!! LOL Not a bad day just alot of sitting....so my legs swelled and are puffy! Oh and even leaving behind 3 kids when we left for the resteraunt Still the day was ok! LOL leave it to me to miss count and leave behind some kids! Well at least we went right down the street and the bus driver was a sweetie and ran back to pick them up LOL but the 3 kids weren't so thrilled. All worked out fine though!

The singing was fantastic, my eating NOW that was a different story! I was kinda stuck on what I ate since I rode the bus and didn't really have a way to keep something from home cold so ate what they gave the kids for lunch which was pizza.....only 2 small slices.....then for dinner it was either fried chicken, taco bell or Long John Silvers..........I opted for LJS and tried to stay light HAHA..........We did walk up and down 2 flights of stairs several times today so I'm hoping that accounted for some of those grease laden calories I ate today!!!

I go for my ultrasound of my legs on thursday.

Sorry its late & I am tired....but want to do a couple of personals don't remember who said them so I will just post my comments and say you know who you are LOL (I know lazy huh?)

Someones daughter got a prom dress....needed shoes the same color..........get white ones that can be dyed take the dress in so they can match the color!

Someone hit under 280's!!!!! woooohoooo its funny though you hit 277 and that is the exact number I SOOOOO HATE right now LOL never want to see it again in my life!!! but really glad you are under the 80's!!! hehehe

all my KY chicks...........I'm hosting a jewelry party tuesday the 30th if you all want to make the trip down or up or over LOL PM me! I'm trying to earn some free stuff for the cruise!!! LOL

There is a new girl worried about finding the right place to post ................THIS IS IT!! LOL (hearing the music to that song in my head now!) This group of women has helped me so much in my journey!! Can't believe that was 7mths ago!!! Boy time flies when your having fun! Join in tell us about yourself, your plan, your exercise.....let us get to know you!

ok ok gotta go to bed everything I type is now finding a song to run through my brain!!!

ttyl!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:46 AM   #34  
BlockHead =)

Good morning everyone

CatherineM - I hope your sciatic problem is feeling better. Have you considered seeing a chiropractor? I work for a 4 DC office and we help many people with sciatic issues every day. Just a thought Glad to hear your back is feeling better. You are one busy lady!

Rat - I hope work surprised you and it was a good day

Julia - I would loved to have been able to smell your kitchen yesterday...yum!
How long do you have to decide about the contract? How is the job market in your area? Do you feel confident that you can find something suitable if you give up the contract? Can you pick it up later if you change your mind?

Debi - Hi there, I'm doing ok, thanks for asking TOM has got me tired and feeling heavy, though the scale shows me only bloating up a pound so far. Between that and working long hours I haven't been exercising, but hopefully today through the weekend I'll have time. Doing a 120 min exercise challenge for the week on another thread. Good luck on matching that blue, how soon is the wedding? Is she open to the idea at all of changing the color if she can't find enough to match it or maybe using another color to go along with it? Thanks for the the thrift shop idea. I'm always kind of bummed about them as I never seem to find anything that fits me, but I'm down enough now (though still anywhere from a 20 to a 24 depending on the cut) that I might be able to find something.

Cyn - *hugs* I hope the rest of your week is better, I'll chime in with everyone else...TOM is EVIL.

Penny - Sorry about the test I hope it goes better for him on Monday. Think you and he can find a day or even an evening to relax and destress and have some time together? And yes - 2 hot washes and several dryer sheets later, no smell in the clothes!

Annie - what an amazing weight loss, you have come so far! Good luck with school.

Debbie - it is exactly like a free shopping spree! And it's so cool that I found them when I did b/c I was really getting desperate for clothes that fit. I will have to check out Etsy, I've never heard of it before, might be a perfect place to do some Christmas shopping.

Bernice - Congrats on find a great Dr for you! I'm a bit of a scale addict and I see several pounds fluctuation from morning to evening, I only "count" my morning weight though. Hope you had fun on your play day and that your daughter's competition went well

Carol - I did a 5k on the treadmill the other day and I felt like I was floating when I got off and my legs kept wanting to gogogo lol Felt great though! Yay on the great news on the scale!!

Brenda - congrats on the loss! Have a great time on vacation, where are you off to?

Sheila - welcome! All of 3FC is such a wonderfully supportive place. Glad you found it! I'm new to this thread and everyone has been so welcoming and supportive, I'm happy you are here!

Off to a day long seminar, I worked til 8:30 last night to get stuff done b/c I wouldn't be in the office today and I picked up the Saturday shift so another girl wouldn't get overtime, so I will be able to take Friday off. TOM should be winding down by then so I am hoping for an energetic and productive day that day. Today I am just glad to be out of the office and I will get to go to the local Health Food Store on the way home. Hopefully I won't overspend but I don't get there often and there are some things I have been wanting to get for awhile. One of them is erythritol - a newer sugar alcohol, substitute sweetener that is supposed to give less digestive problems but more importantly for me not affect blood sugar. I have found that most of them affect my bs almost the same as sugar. My bs have been really good for me lately. I am looking forward to my A1C in January and to find out what my Dr. says. There is so much conflicting info on the web about what is "good" or "bad" in terms of bs for for Type II diabetics.

Time to end this very long post
Have a great day everyone!
Jen
Old 09-24-2008, 07:12 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Morning Peeps - just a quick fly by with a little reminder.............

Move your bodies, drink you water and SMILE. Give someone an extra hug today too (thanks Penny)

Hugs to all,
Carol
Old 09-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #36  

Height: 5'7"

Well I spent the day yesterday trying to find wedding decorations ideas. Ihave a few good ones in mind now. My daughter is going with a fushia pink as well as the blue so we may just have to play up that color. Wedding is late feb. 09.
Im to far behind to try and catch up on personals.
julia- its a hard decision..i have thought about getting a real job many times but i do like being home and getting to swap out laundry and stuff i wouldnt be able to do if i worked outside the home. This is a very hard job though!!! I had one kid from 5 am to 5;30pm, yesterday.
shelia- glad to have you with us..what part of our wonderful state are you from?
well thats it for me this morning...need to go and get a few things done before my other kids get here.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:56 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 310/310/170

Good morning!! Thank you so much for responding so soon. I have a really busy day ahead of me, but I feel you all deserve to get some info about me before my day begins.

It was funny because last night I made sure to bookmark this thread so I could find it again. Came in here this morning, read all the replies, then couldn't figure out how to make a new post because apparently I wasn't logged in. So I logged in, and then it took me way back to the front page of the Forum and I freaked out because I couldn't remember where I was... but alas, I remembered I had bookmarked you...*SIGH*

I have so many questions, but most of those will have to wait for now. My first one is this though...do you all have a name besides 3FC?

Well, you know my name is Sheila and that I live in Kentucky. I'm in Northern Kentucky actually on a farm with just cats, dog, wild deer and turkey. We used to have cows and turkeys, but ice storms did a lot of damage on our fences and we decided to sell the animals.
I'm 40 years old, been married for 20 years, we have two teenage kids, our daughter is a senior in high school and our son is a 10th grader. They are very active and exhaust me with their activities and "drama".
I worked in Cincinnati for five years as a secretary before quitting to raise our children and we actually homeschooled for something like 10 crazy years. This is the third year the kids have been in the Public system. I just started a part-time job working 20 hours a week.

Last night I looked around this place for a LONG time before choosing a group to try. When I saw the 300 plus support group it really grabbed my attention because only people you are "there" or have been there, can understand my struggles right now.
My weight loss journey, oh how I hate to talk about it because it depresses me. I've always been a "big boned girl". In high school I was wearing an 11/12, weighing 155 and was very thin looking for my bones..if you know what I mean.
It went downhill from there. We went out to eat a lot while dating and by the time we got married, I was a 13/14 weighing 165 (oh to be that again). Pregnancy with first child started at 175 and ended at 225. I got down to 190 afterward, but started to gain back some, starting the second pregnancy at 206 and ended at 250. Then I lost a bunch and got back down to 170. yay for me. That was in 1994. Throughout those years I allowed myself to get back up to like 275... and for years I went up and down between 250 and 297. When I hit that 297 I had tried going to a weight loss class and took off about 25 pounds, but then quit going, gained it back and then refused to get on the scale again until two weeks ago and that's when I saw the biggest number ever in my life, which is 310. I've cried so many tears since that day. I can't believe I actually let myself get to this point.

Then at some point at the end of this summer, I could really feel my bones hurting and I was physically miserable. There were times at night that I really got scared that I was going to die. Course, that took me right into a full-force anxiety attack. And this has been the cycle here lately for the past 2 months... a lot of fear, depression, and to be honest I am just tired of having to fight this weight.
I'm dealing with a lot of anger toward myself for allowing this weight to accumulate and it turns into a lot of guilt and depression.
I find myself very irritable and not nice to be around lately.

My husband is a great guy, he's very supportive. He still loves me no matter what my weight is, but I feel like he deserves better.

Thing is, I know how to get it off... I just can't seem to DO it. I've done so many programs and read many books. I could teach a dang class on how to be successful at losing weight....but I can't get my mind SET to do it.

So girls, I sit here trying to get "started". This is my first step in this journey. Coming here and telling my story....being honest with someone about the numbers.

I have a great support through my sister. She will walk with me in the mornings and here is the crazy thing. I can walk with her for 1 mile almost 5 days a week. I'm not going to lie.. yeah, it hurts, but I push myself and do feel better when I get done... but it's the eating that's my biggest problem.
Lately, in the evenings, I am not even eating any supper. I get really crabby and depressed. The family is so busy we don't even get to eat at the table together much anymore, so no one notices when I don't eat supper. And to be honest, I don't even miss the food. Thing is, it's not a premeditated thing...it's not a plan for losing weight...when I fix the food, I plan on eating it with them, but then by the time I try to get everyone to the table and nobody moves to eat what I fixed for them, I get angry and decide to just go sit on the porch and read. The family eventually comes and gets food, I don't really know...and to be honest, I don't usually care. I care enough to make sure they have supper, but it hurts that it gets cold before anyone comes to eat. So about 90 minutes later, I'll come back into the kitchen, fix up hubby's lunch container and then put the leftovers away....with no appetite at that point.

Hubby is extremely stressed at work so when he comes home he just sort of shuts down and disappears into his chair. He has noticed that I have been edgy and crabby....he'll ask me what's wrong and I tell him nothing. He'll care enough to ask me if I have eaten supper, but I usually tell him "yes".

Gosh, I sound like a big baby. I'm sorry guys...I am just trying to be open and honest with you about where I am in life right now.

So why am I here? I don't know? Just desperate for help I guess....I'm so tired of putting on the pretty face and acting like everything is great in life when it's NOT for me. I'm tired of making everyone think I am happy when inside I am a mess.

Well....I don't know what to say now. I can't tell you how bad I want to delete everything I just typed.

You all seem like very neat people. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

Thanks for listening...
Sheila
Old 09-24-2008, 08:05 AM   #38  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Good Morning Everyone!
Well its just a quickie on here for me this morning. I have SO much to do between now nad tomorrow morning. I meant to get up earlier but that didnt happen. We are heading up to Ottawa Ontario for 5 days. Long car ride (13hrs each way) but it will be nice to visit old friends. Going to get a tattoo while I am there. Will post pics when I get back. We are also taking my 12 yo nephew with us. He has never been anywhere , especially that far from home, and is UBER excited. We got tickets to a Montreal Canadiens/ Ottawa Senators hockey game for him. He will surely near pee himself with excitement LOL

Well, I dunno if I will get a chance to pop on again before I go so I want to wish everyone an OP week and to lose LOTS of lbs
Old 09-24-2008, 08:15 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Sheila hugsxxxx I think all of us have been where you are, at the moment I'm right there with you, wanting to 'try again' but not actually 'doing' it. I find that one day at a time, one meal/exercise session at a time is best to start with, 'baby steps' are mentioned by lots of ladies on here, start small. There's so much support an advice/knowledge here, we all share it around. WELCOME.xxxxx
Everyone who sent wishes/prayers for my aunt, THANK YOU,xxxxx I'm recomitting (sp?) AGAIN and trying to think of good things instead of negative stuff. I know it won't be long before she dies, me eating rubbish foods isn't going to help anyone.
Ratkitty, thanks, but my son went through the 'terrible twos' and at TWENTY-ONE, is STILL THERE!!!lol I love him but often don't like him.xxxxx
Bye for now & thanks again for your thoughts & prayers.
xxxxxsharon
Old 09-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #40  

Height: 5'7"

Shelia- it so nice to meet you..I am a mom of 3 young adults. I have yoyo-ed about like you described. I was 306.6 in jan and started this journey for the final time..its a life long journey now. I may have a day or so off my plan but i will always have my friends here to help get me back on track..everyone here is wonderful for hugs when they are needed or a good kick in the pants when that is needed.
I am a calorie counter and its is working great as long as i add in exercise. What plan are you going to do?/ For me counting calories work best..i can eat like my family but make it work into my allotted calories for the day. Let us know what we can do to help you.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #41  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Jen-Most chiropractors would look at my injuries and run screaming. My back looks like it was drawn by Dali. I've got the exercises etc. that I'm supposed to do. After 17 years, I'm just tired of doing them.

I'm having one of those scream to cry days. I'm actually looking forward to menopause. I think my husband is too.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:55 AM   #42  
one pound @ a time!!!!!

S/C/G: 381/323/165

Height: 5'7

Hi my name is BigBabyk, Last december i weighed 381 pounds and now i weigh 328 pounds. I need help now because i have stop my dieting and need to restart my dieting. I live in arizona and i have now family here to support me. so please help me to succeed as many of you women have done.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #43  

Hello Everyone!

First off, welcome babyk and Shelia. My weight loss journey started 4 years ago and there was a big down from 350 to 260sih.. then a gain of 20, then a loss of 30, and now back to an injury and gain of 10. I think it's just LIFE.. bah. The good part is through the support of these ladies, my binges don't last as long and the ups and downs are smaller.

Right now, my left knee is on the injured list. Of course the weather is primo cycling weather.. *sobs* I know that I *must* take care of myself because there's no one else that will. I also know that my job stress will level out at some point and if I can maintain my weight thru it all, it'll be a success.

Hugs to Sharon!! Dmpls you exhaust me and inspire me! Catherine, I hear ya about just getting rid of the hormones and TOM. Hope being back in your own routine and bed will help your back some. GTL, what kinda tat? debbie, g'luck on wedding stuffs! GGG, hugs to the pups and yourself! Jen, wtg on the treadmill!

Special hugs to my lurkers (Realist, you know who you are.. hehe) and Toni, Penny, Val, Heather, Debbie, Annie and all the other special chickies here.

Luv,
Rat
Old 09-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Sheila - you said it yourself - baby steps. That is some of the best advice I got from this wonderful group of people when I started posting here. You have made more changes than you realize if you re-read your post. I (along with everyone else here) will encourage you to eat enough - please - you are not dieting but changing the way you eat. We can't diet but must change for the rest of our life how we eat - I find I actually prefer it to my old ways. I also encourage you to do this for YOU and no one else. And if your sister doesn't walk one day - do it anyway - it's for you!!!

We're here for you!

Brenda - have a great time - I'm tired thinking of a 13 hour car ride each way.

Rat - hey - how's the knee???? Perhaps you could dress up for Halloween as BikerChick - would that feel better?

Catherine - glad you're home - I gotta say - not one time have I missed TOM. I hope it is as easy a transition for you as it was for me - one day POOF - gone forever.

Debi - the fuchsia and blue combo sounds beautiful - think of the pictures - awesome.

Hugs to all I missed and lurkers (Realist - you know who you are - yes I am plagurizing Rat - can you tell we miss you)

Carol
Old 09-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Hello everyone, hope it's ok to just jump in

Been lurking around 3FC for the past week or so and decided to join up today. Looks like there is tons of support here

I've got over 200 lbs to lose. I know how to do it, I've done it before, well, I lost 50 pounds in 6 months last year, but gained it back It's just a matter of starting over again and again until I get to where I want to be.

Look forward to chatting with ya
Closed Thread