Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 08:58 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 380/Ticker/180

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Good Morning Ladies! I am finally stepping up and will stop "lurking around" to finally say HELLO! I have posted a few times in response to other "threads", but since I have been spying on you people, I feel this is the place for me!! I have been on WW at work for 6 weeks and I think I finally "get" it! (I can't tell you how many times I have tried it, and others before). I have been having a bit of success , WI was yesterday and I am down 4.4lbs. which makes a grand total of 14.6. I used to love using my Gazelle, but after 20 mins my feet would burn. So I think I will put that on the back burner for now-just until I lose enought so there is no pain. I did get something really cool called a "Slamman". He is a green and black torso that has LED lights. When the lights go on you give "Slammy" a good whack! Not only is it aerobic excersize, it is great therapy!!! I am only up to 5 mins, but that equals 300 punches!
I think you are all so great and supportive, I have really been inspired by all of you, and I hope this will be just what I need to keep going. I also hope I can give a little help too!
Have a wonderful OP day!!
Donna
PS-I love these smiley guys!!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:05 AM   #152  

Hey girls-

Guess what? All of our stuff is coming in today! Its all of our household stuff from Barrow, AK. I am so excited because we literally don't have much in our house! But I hope we don't run out of room. So I am sure I will get quite the workout this weekend from unpacking and organizing.

KAREN-I was on 50mg atenolol for high blood pressure. I have only been on it for almost two weeks and I feel horrible! I actually have chest pains now! And the biggest was I actually broke out into a rash on my arms! So we called the pharmacist and he told me to cut the 50 in half and then take 25mg every other day for a couple of days and then stop completely. I do have some other health issues (thyroid) but I know for a fact those BP pills were/are making me VERY ill. I just don't feel normal! So I am going to really try to watch sodium and get some workout equipment. Hopefully that will help losing some pounds. I also have a cuff at home monitor but the large cuff seems sort of small. I am not sure... So that is whats going on. It sure is annoying! And that is so awesome you have lost 6 pounds...and its great that you are so happy!

MISTI-Glad to see you post hun!

BRENDA-YAY!!! Losing 6 pounds is awesome! WTG!

Well everyone the movers will be here by 10 am. So I need to pick up the house and get ready to have boxes everywhere! Hope you all stay OP and have a wonderful day!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #153  

DONNA-

We were posting at the same time. I am glad you posted! And WTG on losing 4.4 pounds!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:17 AM   #154  

Height: 5'6"

Morning all.

I am in a funk today. Just woke up in a weird mood. I hope I snap out of it. I had a bad dentist visit yesterday. All looked good till the xrays were done. I need some work done...did I mention I go to the dentist but I *stress* out over it (leftover fears from the Dentist I had as a kid..he *loved* to drill!! ) Our dentist now is nice, which is a help, but..YIKES!!

Anyway, I did 6100 steps yesterday, which is my highest yet! So that is good. I stayed OP yesterday even though after a visit like that I typically would have run to the nearest fast food drive-thru not too long ago.

On a lighter note, my stationary bike is due to arrive today. Hoping DH has time to put it together for me this weekend. I need to add more exercise.

Hope everyone has a great OP day. I will be visiting throughout the day as I have to work all day where typically I work only a half day on Friday.

Take care all!!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wow, it's hopping around here!

Donna, just wanted to welcome you to the chaos and confusion and excellence that is our numbered thread!!!

Misti -- great to see you back!
Old 03-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #156  

Talking

Good Morning Everybody!

Yes, I know, I haven't been posting much, but I'm lurking, really I am!

Misti! Welcome back! I wondered what had become of you!

Peggy I don't like the dentist either! I brush and floss at least two times every day and every time I go I have a cavity! I swear it's a wonder I don't set off metal detectors! I strongly recommend gas!

Michele I'm so sorry you are having a reaction to your meds! That's not something to mess around with! Have you talked with your doctor or just the pharmisist? I had a reaction to an antibiotic once, that I never used to be allergic to…it's scary! Take care of yourself!

MamaBplus3 and Sherlyn I think you'll love it here! I sure have over the past 25 months!

Karen I TOTALLY agree with you about the peppy people on the exercise videos! Heck, I don't like that sort of people in real-life, but on TV I can turn them off!

Lisa – Good luck on the liquid diet! You and Sharon are sure taking on something I'd never try! I hope it works really well for you! And be careful with that shaking!

Luan – easy to see what you've been up to! He's ADORABLE!

Annie – HERE I AM! You just are doing so well staying OP and exercising! for you WI!

Well, that isn't everyone – but I don't have all day! I hope you are all doing well and being happy!

As for me, I have too many eggs on the fire right now! Mixed metaphor aside, that's how muddled it is at the moment! I have TONS of office work staring at me and, unfortunately, a boss that's paying attention! My DH and I are starting some home renovation, with an eye to increasing the property value over the next few years for resale. Neighbors are starting to fence their yards, and our yard is so tiny we're worried their fenced yards will show our teeny piece of real estate to it's worst. We're still thinking down the road several years though but some things have to be done over the next few weeks. In addition to the inside of the house, we have the outside to worry about and it's that time of year! We're also preparing for a garage sale and that means clearing the garage and gathering up the clothes and other things to sell and I'll have to go to my friends house and haul her stuff over too. Concentrating on that, and diet, and exercise and my DS birthday coming up and a dozen other things…WAY too much to do! So that's why I tend to lurk anymore…but I'm still here! Just way busy!

In fact, that's all the time I have now! Love to you all!
Old 03-09-2007, 10:11 AM   #157  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Alright, time for a proper reply today since I have the day off from work and am just taking a break between spurts of housecleaning

Lilion--busy or not, glad you got a chance to pop in and post! I was like that the past few weeks. Between working 60+ hours a week (for MULITPLE bosses ), coordinating trips on the weekends to fit in both Jeff's cousins' birthdays and time with my sister for her new baby and her step-daughter's birthday, keeping my personal/home life in order, etc., things have been INSANE! We don't have a home to prepare for sale, but we are hopefully moving in the fall from our current rented apartment into a townhouse, so I'm cleaning like a madwoman today in my apartment on my day off so that hopefully, when the time comes for us to prepare for moving, we can focus on the MOVING and not so much worry about the cleaning to avoid additional cleaning fees when we move out.

torister--hooray for the new exercise bike! I would love some at-home exercise equipment, but our little apartment just doesn't have enough space! I may save up for an elliptical once we move into a bigger place, though. The idea of being able to do my exercise while watching a movie or something really appeals to me.

mechell--good luck unpacking! I know it's a lot of work, but I also know it can be fun and exciting to set up all of your stuff in a new space. Hope you can get some fun out of it!

Donna--wow, that Slamman sounds so fun! I used to love doing Tae Bo ecause of the kicking and punching and stuff (don't have room for it in my place now), but actually being able to punch something solid sounds like an amazing way to take out some aggression! oh, and exercise, too

Brenda--BAM! 6 pounds, that's AMAZING!

Misti--glad to see you popping back in

Well, back to cleaning. I've successfully cleaned off my home computer desk and picked up the rest of the den a bit. I've started in on the kitchen/dining area--I have done most of the "picking up and putting away" of stuff on the table and counters, and I did the dishes, but now I've got to actually scrub the countertops clean, wipe of the table, vacuum the carpet under the table, clean the kitchen floor (sweep first, then scrub off the tough spots)...then maybe I can move on to the living room, bathroom, and bedroom (and walk-in closet that is so full of stuff it's no longer really w a walk-in ). It's a lot of work for something that's supposed to be my day off for relaxing, but having a cleaner home will help me be able to better relax over the weekend without looking around in disgust
Old 03-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #158  

i am just popping to say Phooey to the scales.. and that is all i have to say about that lol
Old 03-09-2007, 11:58 AM   #159  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Karen-I also enjoy eBay. I sew so I can take chances on used things. I bought a $200 backpack for $10 because it had a broken zipper and buckle. After 10 years of little league and boy scouts, I’ve fixed many of both. I use the backpack as a shopping cart when there is too much snow on the ground to roll my folding cart which is about 6 months of the year here.

Annie-that’s exactly what I’ve decided to do. I want to go to the pool, but we just can’t afford it until my permanent residency comes through. So in the meantime, since the bicycle hurts my feet, I’m going to start my situps again. I will be interested to see how long it takes me to get up to a 1000 again. I’ll bet at your rate, you’ll have 6 pack abs long before I will.

Luan-Aren’t new relationships **** on diets. The first year of marriage torpedoed mine big time. Enjoy that “new car smell” as long as you can though.

Lee Ann/Peggy-When I first started, I had to use three regular scales tied together with a wooden plank to weigh, or go down to the truck scale or meat market. Once I got low enough to use a decent scale, it weighed me 40 lbs. more. I was beyond livid. I actually broke my toe kicking the new scale. So I definitely feel your pain too.

Lisa-Making sure you get stuff you like is probably going to make the diet much easier to stick to. I tried a liquid diet once, but it tasted so horrid and gritty that I quickly quit.

Sherlyn-I understand about wanting to set a good example for your kids. It’s like coming from a family of smokers or drinkers, someone has to break the cycle. I didn’t want mine to go through the difficulties that I had.

Brenda-It seems so strange to have to talk about making sure we eat enough while trying to lose weight. Is your picture a beagle or a basset?

Donna-Welcome. Jumping in is the first good step.

Michelle-Taking thyroid medicine can make your BP go up too. I found that out the hard way. I can only take about ½ the dose of thyroid that I actually need. That sure makes stuff harder. I’ve never been on a beta blocker. That’s kind of harsh for a first medicine. They originally put me on ACE inhibitors, which worked great, but I had to go off them when I got married since they are fetal toxic and I wasn’t on birth control. Now I’m on calcium channel blocker and a water pill. If I still need BP meds after menopause comes, I’ll go back on the ACE again.

Peggy-I had so much work done when I was in my teens and 20’s (we didn’t have fluoride in the water, and my folks couldn’t afford to send us to dentist until the union got dental when I was 14). I have to take a prescribed trank before going. That makes it much easier.

Lilion-Were you planning of curing cancer and solving world peace this week too? I got tired just reading everything you are tackling. Don’t forget to take time to breathe.

So I am off to do dishes, then start my sit-ups. My feet feel a little better today, but the fear of pain is still ever present. I’m scared to do anything for fear I’ll hurt them again.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:21 PM   #160  

Hey everyone. Thought I would come hang out here while waiting for stuff to arrive.

PEGGY-Sorry you are feeling in a funk. I hear ya about the dentist! Now that we live in a town again that has a dentist I need to go badly. I know I will be needing some work done. I hate going to the dentist! That is great you got a stationary bike! I really want some at home equipment I am leaning towards the gazelle.

LILION-Thanks hun. Yeah I talked to them both and I basically am going to stop taking the BP medicine slowly. I can't wait actually because I seem to have every side effect! You do have a lot going on! Try not to get to stressed!

JILL-Good to see you post! I am sure it will be fun unpacking. I have missed having our microwave! It sucks having to heat everything up in the oven! You sure are busy also! I hear ya about feeling more relaxed with a clean home. I always feel tense when I have a ton of stuff I need to do around the house.

PATTI-I am sorry the scales weren't nice to you! I had to hide mine!

CATHERINE-You know I asked them about my synthyroid meds already making my blood pressure high. He didn't really seem to know about that. But I thought I read that somewhere. I am not sure what to do now about the BP except just watch what I eat/workout and watch the salt. Boy is that hard there seems to be salt in everything! I am glad your feet feel better hun.

Well I am off to go wait for DH and the movers. I will be back later. Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:59 PM   #161  

mechelle one more bad week of scales and mine are going out the door lol!
Old 03-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 310/289/170

Height: 5'9"

Hey Everyone! Wow this thread is on fire! I fell totally ill yesterday. Man I hate being sick. But my spirits are up and dang it if it isn't easier to stay on a diet when your sick. No exercise until I feel better, other than to make myself some more theraflu.

I loved reading the posts this morning. So hi to all the new people and thanks to you that welcomed me once again. I am so glad to be here.
It seems as if there are lots of you who are getting new workout machines-YEAH- for you!!!!
Nothing made exercise easier for me than when I could do it at home. I am rooting for you all. I am hoping to feel better tomorrow, my family is hoping too! So I will post to all of you lovely ladies then. Have a GREAT Friday

TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF TGIF
Old 03-09-2007, 03:11 PM   #163  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I just went to have my eyes checked and I need bifocals!! Ugh - they quoted me $300 just for the lenses (not including frames). I need to do some shopping around first, because that is just seems really expensive. I am also feeling a bit upset about needing bifocals at such a young age. At least this eye doctor was able to correct my vision to 20/20. The last one I went to said she wasn't able to do that. I figured she wasn't trying hard enough at the time, but I ended up not arguing. I just want to go sulk somewhere. Why does stuff like this get to me so much?
Old 03-09-2007, 03:47 PM   #164  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

This is a real quickie, just really to log that I went swimming today after work, did 30 lengths (25m) so I am going to be able to build up to 35 soon I think. My end aim is to do 50 at a time. I have struggled with keeping below 2000 this week, keep ending up on about 2,300, which 'should' be ok with the amount of exercise, but knowing me will end up with me gaining. Am loving the exercise tho. Next week I start an elective on the busiest ward in our hospital, kind of ER but only medical patients not surgical, so I am apprehensive about that, the shifts are 12.5 hours long and man that is a long old time on your feet when u weight what I do!! My shoes are old and need replacing so not the most supportive, but I should burn a few calories next week! You do 3X 12.5 a week. This weekend I have another essay to do some major work on, its quite a biggie and I need to do 5,000 words so wish me luck with that!!

Everyone - have a great weekend xx
Old 03-09-2007, 04:19 PM   #165  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Nancy--Bifocals are a pain in the rear, but don't let them make you feel old! My sister and I both needed bifocals in grade school. It has nothing to do with age--just that your eyes need different prescriptions for each distance and up close versus the same prescription for everything. For us, it was a real necessity because being in school, it was difficult to go from reading something on the blackboard (needing the distance glasses) to writing something down on my desk (needing the reading prescription)--it was way too much hassle to keep switching glasses back and forth or even to just put my distance glasses on and off all the time. I don't have bifocals anymore simply because I am now just as blind when it comes to reading as I have always been with distances, so the same super-duper prescription works for everything

In any case, I would be shopping around, too. But even if they're all pretty expensive, any good doctor should be willing to set up a payment plan if you can't fork over a big chunk of change all at once.
Closed Thread