Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 06:32 PM   #16  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Catherine~I'm so sorry you are having a tough time. I've been in a rut myself. Hang in there and it'll get better. i completely understand about shoes losing their spring. I used to wear Asics Gel sneakers. They were the best. But I have been unable to find anymore in the stores around here. I'm very interested in wearing the crocs. I've always heard good things about them. And I appreciate everyone saying to stay away from knock offs.....cuz that's what I would have bought first.

Anne~I have been doing six, ten minutes sessions a day. My feet have been killing me while on the gazelle. I don't know why. But, I know that those sessions are better than no movement at all. And it's still progress from where I started. Never feel badly or guilty about any activity you do. It's still exercise and it all counts.

Mechelle~Great pics! I sharedthem with dd and she loved them. Hope you are feeling better. Be sure to let me know how it goes at the gym tonight or in the morning.

Patti~Please, make your dr appointment. Your knee/leg has been bothering you for a long time now.

Annie~I'm glad your dh moved the heavy things for you. But I think you actually have the hardest part. Unpacking everything and "setting up house". Happily, it's also the most fun part.

Shadie~How cool your dh is so supportive. I'm glad to see you have your family eating healthy. And down 12 pounds in 30 days is awesome.

Today was ok. I didnt' make it into work and I'm worried about tomorrow. I feel paniced a lot. Jumpy, just really tense. It's ridiclous. I did though so far get in 30 minutes on the gazelle today. It may have taken 3 sessions, but I got it done.

Erica, I'm so sorry I screwed up on the spelling of your name. It was way too early after a rough sleepless night, and I didn't have my glasses on.

Hope everyone else is well.

Last edited by sandybar; 03-05-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hey all.

Torister, Cahterine, Ptti, Chimi: thanks a bunch for the info on the Crocks. I think I will get a pair because the knock off comments sound like what I felt when I bought wore them for the wekend.

Catherine: Thank you so much for answering my questions. I will do the Deep water exercises that you told me about. When I walk in Deep water I am obviously not touching the bottom right? I know it sounds stupid but I want to do it right. Do you think it is better to walk in deep water or the more shallow water? I have large feet too but aren't you tall also? When I am regular weight I wear a size 9 usually depending on the shoe, I wear a 10. I have much My feet are WIDE all the time even when I am thin. Now I am a size 10 -12 depending on the shoe but the width has to be a ww. I have bigger feet than my hubby right now. some day I hope they will shrink. I crack up when he goes out on the porch in the snow with my burkenstocks on.

Mechelle: I loved the pictures of the ploar bears. I am going to show my Joel tonight. He and I love animals so much. I clicked on them both so they would get bigger and they guy in the one picture is WAAAAAY closer to that bear than he should be in my opinion! lol. So pretty. Thanks for sharing them with us.

I have slowly been doing files, drawers and closets today. I decided to just go ahead and spring clean the rooms as I go. It is a nice feeling to have all the cupboards and stuff clean and done. LOL like I did so many today. lol Only 1 is finished and one dresser. My desk is totally done and my file cabinet. Yea. Have a great evening everyone. I'm sure I'll be back later. lol
Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #18  

Hi Sandy girl,
We must have been posting at the same time. I'm sorry that you have been so panicky. I hope they go away soon. I know how they feel and they can be debilitating. Hugs to you honey.
Annie
Old 03-05-2007, 07:17 PM   #19  

Height: 5'6"

Michelle - Good for you for getting rid of the junk food. I told DH that he didn't have to give up his treats, but he wasn't having them in the house, at least for now. No need to have those temptations laying about.

Annie - I wish I could find a place to do water aerobics around here. I would love that!

Sandy - I hope things start to settle down for you soon.

Catherine - I am sorry you are having such pain. I hope things ease up soon for you.

Today is the start of week 4 OP and I am feeling good. I wore my pedometer for just a regular day and so far I have walked about 5500 steps. I am sure I will clear 6000. My goal is to gradually increase my number of steps each day. I sure wish it would warm up so that I could walk outside. I don't have a treadmill....I wish I did!!! I am ordering a stationary bike as the one I want has not gone on sale yet at local stores. I need to add exercise!!

I lost 4 lbs this week and I measured and have lost 14.5 inches since I started my journey. I am so glad I decided to measure as well as weigh. I will measure every 3-4 weeks.

I hope everyone has a great week OP!!! Thank you all for being here and being YOU!!
Old 03-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #20  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Good evening everyone!

I see some of us had good a good day and others not so much.
For Sandy who is always SOOO SUPPORTIVE to all of us....You should be very proud of yourself for doing that amount of exercise! I am!!

Anne...you know that all you have to do is take that first step towards that treadmill and you'll be off to the races!!

Catherine...I know first hand how important the right shoe is for you. After waitressing for 5 years and working in a grocery store meat room for 20 years, you must have the right shoe. Have you tried Nurse Mates? Take good care of your feet so they can take good care of you!

My day started out lousy. Heavy cramps/bleeding. I finaly caved and took the script the doc gave me. I only took one pill so far and it seems to be working

My eating was in control today and I did about 10 minutes of weight training and took my pooch for a nice walk, even though it is freezing outside!

Kudos to all of you for all of your kind words and encouragement!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

As for short vs long exercise, I have a feeling my trainer would say it's better to do cardio in at least 30 minute stints, as it has some benefits.

However, I personally applaud people for doing more, shorter stints. I don't think a lot of people get how difficult exercise can be for those who are really out of shape. I think it's awesome to do short stints!

Cheekcheek -- Want some accountability for your exercise?? Join us on the exercise thread! We set goals for minutes we are going to exercise in a month and track our minutes. We also track group minutes, which is fun!!! There are many many times when the only reason I exercise is that I made a commitment to it and need to get my minutes in!!!!

EVERYONE is welcome!!!
Old 03-05-2007, 09:23 PM   #22  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi All! Well, three more days and counting. Thursday's the day for the liquid start. I'm trying to make a list of things I am going to do to keep myself busy so I don't think about how hungry I will probably be for the first week until the infamous ketosis sets in.

Annie - Thanks for the encouragement about packing up the food in my house. I just don't want anything to tempt me while on liquids for 3 months.

Erica - Hi! In answer to your question at the end of the weekly thread #1095, the reason I packed everything up is because I am going on all liquids on Thursday and I just don't want there to be anything in my house that I'm not supposed to have. It's gonna be hard enough without any unnecessary temptations.

Has anyone heard from Ammi! I hope she is doing OK. Have a good day, everyone!

Lisa
Old 03-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #23  
Shadiepurple

Evening chickies.

DJ: Where in Oregon are you??? I'm in Salem. My closest chickie sisters are in Idaho . I'm glad you joined our little group of awesome folks. These ladies are the best support you could ask for. Much strength to you.

Annie my sweet . I LOVE THE NEW AVATAR!!! You are just a doll. But I knew you were. What else would hold a spirit as sweet and as strong as yours but a darling face like yours XOXOXOXO.Oh and thank you for the cheers on my 12 lbs.

Cathrine: Please tell me more about those shoes you guys were talking about. I have never heard of Crocs. Where do they sell then ? Do they have a web site? Are they wide cuz I need big'uns.?? I hope your feeling spunky soon my dear.

Sandy girl, so sorry about the panics . I used to have those 4 or 5 times a day. After I quit my job of 8 yrs. they got better. They only sneak in on me now from time to time . So I'm telling you that things can get better . So sorry your footsies hurt. Feet knees and backs OH MY!! Those will put a girl away won't they??

Peggy, Please tell me what plan you are on. 14 inches in 3 weeks??? How ever did you do that? I need that secret.

Lisa great planning by getting the bad stuff out of your way. I wish that was an option for me...Kids and hubby would complain for sure. Great strength to you Thursday. Your going to do super.

Hugs and power to all. Have a great nite. .

Old 03-05-2007, 10:24 PM   #24  
Believe

Height: 5"7

Hi Ladies
I missed a whole day of posts, and just wanted to say hi! AMMI: i am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mother, i am thinking of you.
Congratulations to all the losers and to those struggling, keep the faith
I am doing well food and excersise wise. i dont think i mentioned but my wt loss team is in 3rd place, out of 50 teams, i am proud we only have 4 more weeks to go, but of course i will continue on. the support and commaradirie we have all shared has been awesome!
i think i am getting spring fever the days have been so beautiful, sunny and mild i cannot focus on my job, lol. i love this time of year, the sun makes me happy
have a great night, and Patti, please, please go see your doctor, im really worried about your leg!
take care!
Old 03-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #25  
Lisa

Sandy - I went through a period of having panic attacks after my divorce. They feed on themselves. You fear that you are going to have one and then you end up having one because you were afraid that you would . . . at least that's what happened to me. I found it best to just take deep breaths and tell myself over and over again that "everything will be ok." It's hard to remember during those times that this moment will pass and you'll feel better soon. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you!

Shadie - Thanks for the support!

Lisa
Old 03-05-2007, 10:41 PM   #26  

Torister: Maybe check at some of the local rehabilitation places to see if they offer water aerobics. I didn't know that this one did until someone told me. Good luck.

Lisa: I am so hopeful and happy that this new plan will be a good one for you.

Shadie: I saw the Crocks in Mason shoe catalog and they do have wide widths in there. Thanks for saying such kind things about my picture and me! You are so sweet.

Since Sharon hasn't been able to come in here today I wanted to give you an update on Ammi. I recieved an email from her this am. I was going to just let Sharon post about her because I didn't want to over run you guys with too much info or mixed up info but since she isn't here I will let you know.
Ammi is of coarse feeling sad. She sounds very shocked too. Her Mom passed away about 3 weeks or so ago. The only reason that she even found out about it is her Aunt and cousin went to visit her mom and they found out that she had passed away a few weeks earlier. They didn't know who to contact about it there where she lives so they were about to bury her in some less than desireable area. Praise God the Aunt and Cousin found out in time to stop that. Ammi isn't going over to Australia. Her mom didn't want her to go and waste money on that. They are going to have her Mom cremated and I believe ashes scattered with The Mom's brother's grave. Of coarse Ammi isn't feeling very social and she is trying to be strong and get along and exercise and not pig out she said. So, everyone just keep her in your prayers and hearts. Hope that eases some of your minds. I know that we all love Ammi and I know that I would have wanted to know how she is doing.

Hug your loved ones and blessings to all of you,
Annie
Old 03-05-2007, 10:46 PM   #27  
Lisa

Annie - Thank you for the update. How extraordinarily sad and heart breaking that is! My heart goes out to Ammi! I wish there was something I could do, but I suppose prayers will work the best.

Lisa
Old 03-05-2007, 11:02 PM   #28  

SANDY~I am glad you and your dd liked the pics! Also I am sorry you are having a hard time right now. I struggle with anxiety at times. I used to have panic attacks really bad. It can be tough. Hang in there hun.

TORISTER~Sounds like you are doing great! WTG on all of the exercise. Also congrats on losing 4 pounds and all of those inches!

BREATHLESS~Sounds like you are doing great with being op! WTG! Glad to hear you feel better!

LISA~I hope everything goes well for you on the this liquid diet. Good idea on making a list of things to keep you busy.

KYMBERLY~3rd place is really good! You seem to have been doing really well. I hear you about the spring/sun. I am just happy to see the sun! 24 hours of darkness in Alaska was getting to me!

ANNIE~WTG on the spring cleaning. And thank you so much for passing on the info about Ammi.

AMMI~You of course are still in my prayers and thoughts hun.

So today has been a pretty OP day. I just have to start getting daily exercise. Well I am off to go eat dinner. We are having grilled chicken caesar salad! YUM! Take care everyone and have a good day tomorrow.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:27 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Annie -- Thank you so much for posting the update about Ammi. I really appreciate it. What a sad story.

AMMI, we love you!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:08 AM   #30  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Ammi - so sorry to hear that you have lost your mum and also that you didn't know for some time, that must feel very strange and I send you my love and hope that you feel strong in time to deal with what has happenned. Em xx

Seems very trivial compared to Ammi's loss obviously, but just to say was really upset on scales yest, put on 2 even with exercising at my top level 5 times in the week and average of 2,100 cals a day for the week. I am retaining some water as can't get wedding ring off which is unusual but nontheless I am so p****d off! Anyway off swimming tonite and did gym on sunday so keeping on with the good work anyway. Feel much fitter and things fit better.

Weight does suck tho.
Closed Thread