Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:11 PM   #61  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Good afternoon everyone! 2 more days to go til my official first week weigh-in! Of course I've been weighing myself almost everday, but Thursday will be one whole week. I'm feeling much better since I've upped my vitamins and supplements. I've had another pretty good day with food control, did about 15 minutes of "boot camp" this morning...ugh! That was about all I could do! Something is better than nothing, right!

to Litchick I think you will like it here! The support is just amazing!

LISA with your new program. We are all here for you!

Emilymay..Keep up the wonderful work you are doing and try not to let that blip get you down!

AMMI...nice to see your face here again. Take your time with your grief and know that everyone here is praying for you and your family.

SANDY..hope all goes well with the doc.

to all. Have a happy and healthy evening!
Old 03-06-2007, 03:54 PM   #62  
JULIE

S/C/G: 304/300/160

Height: 5'7

Hello all my name is Julie...this is my first day here and my first post. I've spent several hours this morning looking through the messages and I think you all sound very nice and supportive. I feel honored to have found this site. I am not used to how things work in here but I'll try to figure things out. I am trying everything I can do to try and NOT lay down on the couch...lol. I'm never even tired but I am in a funk. I graduated in Dec as an LPN now I am awaiting to take my board certification so I can get a job. All this time off has really depressed me and since 2005 (when I started school) I have gained about 25 pds. I am just recently noticing all the changes the weight has made in me, I'm tired of being tired! today is the first day of a new beginning !!!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #63  

hi Julie you found a great support group here lots of inspiring stories and weight loss sucess. good for you on making a start in no time at all you will be out of that funk!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:27 PM   #64  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Welcome Julie!! I think you will amazing support here! I have only been here for 5 days and I have found this site to be not only supportive but an important tool in my weight loss journey. My weight has also affected the way I have been feeling, both physically and of course emotionally. Everyone here is very kind and patient and there are no "mistakes".

with your boards and your commitment today!

Brenda... with that catscan.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:28 PM   #65  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for your supportive comments ladies, I am keeping on and realise its prob water/muscle/one of those things!! Just did an hour of swimming, 30 lengths, enjoyed it too! Off to bed soon, got a busy day nursing in a hospice tomorrow.

Ammi - lovely to see u on the board , lots of love to you x
Old 03-06-2007, 05:59 PM   #66  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

. It's great to see you here. I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. The dr is keeping me off work for another week to give the meds a chance to do their thing. He also said if I'm not getting better by then, we'll have to try something else. Let's hope for the best.

Em, I'm proud of you for sticking with your great exercise routine. Exercise is still really hard for me. I mean, I like it when I'm doing it, it's just getting going every day. Reading your posts is inspiring.

Brenda, Did your tests today etc go well today?? I hope so. Big
to you.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #67  
JULIE

S/C/G: 304/300/160

Height: 5'7

Wow! for the welcome Breathless, Sandybar and toofatforu. I'm sure in time I will get to know everyone. Today has not been a very productive day but it isn't over yet.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #68  
Just Do It!

Hello my darlings!!

Annie i love your new avatar! What a cutie! Go the crocs, you wont regret it. They may seem a little stiff at the very beginning, after a few days they weel bee juuust right.

Ammi thanks for the post, its amazing you can still be so considerate even when disaster strikes, its a testament to what a good person you are.

and a big :WELCOME: to the newbies!!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:01 PM   #69  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Height: 5'9"

Hi All!

Ammi - So good to hear from you. Hang in there! Our prayers are with you.

Sharon - Wow! That's a big challenge to be on liquids and have to cook all those wonderful things for your family. I admire you even more for sticking to it. By the way, I checked out the photos you posted on the Photo thread the other day. Your boys are absolutely adorable! Hang in there with the liquids. Can't wait for Thursday when you get to weigh in and see the results . . . which I'm sure will be excellent.

EM - I agree with everyone else that this is a water weight issue. My suggestion is, don't weigh more than once a week. I am intentionally removing my scale from my house because it tempts me to weigh everyday and then when I have water weight fluctuations, I get frustrated and eat Milky Way bars! :-) Don't get frustrated. You're doing great!

MissBliss (Jane?) - Your post was absolutely, 100% NOT inappropriate. We have all vented and will probably do more of it. I'm so sorry you've reached that plateau. That is soooooo frustrating. That is going to be one of my obstacles as I go through my process. I'm gonna have to remember my goal. It sounds trite I know, but it took you a long time to gain this weight and it will take a long time to lose it. Don't get discouraged. Just keep focused.

As for me, I just made a little chart which I am going to laminate and keep with me. It is called "My Marathon." It has two columns. The first lists the primary reasons why I am embarking on this liquid diet (i.e. near 300 lbs, last chance in some respects, I use food as a drug, clothing is too tight, self esteem is horrible, I have no energy, I worry about my professional demenor). The second column is things to remember (I will have to look at food as nourishment rather than entertainment; I will hopefully learn self control; it takes 21 days to create a habit; and most importantly - progress is progress, no matter how small. If I lose 1 lb a week for a year, that will be 52 pounds. I can't set unreasonable goals or I will surely fail.) I'm gonna carry this chart with me and when it gets tough, I'm gonna pull it out and remind myself of these things. My brother just ran a marathon. He has been training for it for over a year. When he finished (and caught his breath), he pulled me aside. The runners all wear "bibs" that have their name and entry number on it. He gave it to me and told me that I could use it as inspiration when things got hard and to remember that he made it and I can too. That was so meaningful to me to have his support and for him to give me something that was so meaningful to him. I hope I will do good.

Oh well, over and out for now! Have a happy day, ladies.

Lisa
Old 03-06-2007, 08:40 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Julie -- WELCOME! I'm glad you made it over here! You did just great getting up and going!
Old 03-06-2007, 08:54 PM   #71  

AMMI-Glad to see you post hun.

to all of the newbies!

Not much going on today. I do have to report that I have lost 2 pounds at WI today! But I am making sure I don't have another WI until the weekend or next week. I can become quite obsessed with the scale!

Well I am off to go make dinner and change my ticker.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 PM   #72  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Shadie-Yes there is a website, I think it is crocs.com. They definitely come wide. They are designed so that no part of your toes touch the shoe it that makes any sense. In Salem you can get them at GI Joes, Nordstrums, and Les Newmans according to their web site.

Erika-I bought my first pair of Nike’s in 1975. I realize that dates me. I actually bought a pair of retro waffle trainers just like my first pair, in blue to wear with my wedding dress. I had stuffed my Klingon body into Lord of the Rings Elf Queen dress, so blue sneakers just seemed apt. Of all the major brands, Nikes are the narrowest with the highest arch. I just can’t afford a new pair every 3 months anymore. In the states I could get them discount because my size is usually left over. Here in Canada they have anti-dumping laws that don’t allow for a lot of last year’s color discounts. I am looking forward to trying the new Nike knock-offs that Payless is going to start selling. I think they are going to call them trailblazers.

MissBliss-I’ve had plateaus of 18 months and 3 months and 6 months. They will drive you nuts if you let them. I have always broken plateaus with a combination of increasing calories, and changing what I type of food I was eating. That usually means taking up another ethnic cuisine. I think making a major spice change confuses my body. Hotter foods can ramp up your metabolism. Try Bosnian or Moroccan. Just find an ethnic grocery store and experiment. I still crave these wild cucumber pickles from Syria that I used to get at an Egyptian market in St. Pete. I had to wash them they were so salty, but they had flavor that I never remember getting from regular pickles. And don’t worry about freaking out. We all have done it many times. This is the hardest thing you will ever have to do, so just breathe, and know that we are all with you and supporting you.

Jill-My dad was military, and he said that getting medals was nice, but extra stripes you can spend. Certificates are great, but I’ll bet you can find something more interesting to do with the bonus check.

Patti-If your problem is a blood clot I hope you don’t wait until it gets so bad that it can’t be fixed easily. If you don’t have pity for yourself, and the rest of the chicks that are worried about you, then have pity on your pall bearers. You don’t want your tombstone to say that you died of being too stubborn to go to the doctor.

Lillion – the only really cute/feminine shoes I have ever owned I bought at a store in Washington DC at a store I found out later catered to drag queens. Do they have any of those in Missouri??

Annie-I’ve had reconstructive surgery on my ankle and knee, an angina attack and gall stones, but what gives me nightmares is thinking about having my teeth worked on. You are a brave woman. I have a major overlap of my teeth in the front that every dentist drools to get his hands on, but I’ve had their hands in my mouth enough for a lifetime. It’s time for a cleaning, but I have put it off because I have to find a new dentist.

Wyllenn-I saw a yoga lady today. She was 5’ tall, maybe 90 pounds, could have been 80 years old, and buzzed past me like I was standing still. She was carrying her mat in this homemade tapestry bag, but it was unmistakable as to what it was. She went into the yoga studio, and I was thinking, “that’s who I want to be!!” I plan to take up yoga when I get to 200. I’m going to start bicycling at 250, and just swim and walk until then.

Brenda-I’m planning on getting a set of OSU crocs for this summer. I’ll have to get my brother to send them to me, cause they don’t sell US college stuff north of the border up here in the frozen north. I just have to decide if I want the orange ones with black straps or black with orange straps.

Jewlz-Welcome. I understand about feeling tired. I remember feeling like I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Doing a decent diet will give you energy you haven’t felt in a long time.

Emily- doesn’t it feel great to start enjoying exercise.

Lisa-I’ve been told, and found out the hard way that a habit can take 6 weeks to 6 months to either start or stop. Just take baby steps, be gentle with yourself, and know that we are all with you. You’re jumping in with both feet. For inspiration I keep the boot camp stripes that my foster son wore. He was a nerd, not an athlete, and totally uncoordinated. He once walked into a hornets nest and just stood there screaming and had to have his Boy Scout leader rescue him, and he was 16 and the assistant leader of the troop at the time. When he said all he wanted for his 17th birthday was to be allowed to enlist, I thought he was kidding. He ended up getting held back in boot camp and didn’t graduate until a month later because he couldn’t run fast enough, but he never gave up. That’s the way I want to be too. You only fail when you give up. As long as you are still trying, you are a winner.

Ammi-Thanks for letting us know how you are. Just know that we all share you grief, and are thinking about you.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:46 PM   #73  
Lisa

S/C/G: 287/See Tracker/180

Catherine! Thanks! Whether it is 21 days, 6 weeks, or 6 months, I am determined not to give up. I've prepared as much as I can, both mentally and otherwise, so I'm just gonna have to jump in. One more day and then we'll see how steadfast I actually am! Have a good night!

Lisa
Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Julie: Welcome. I am looking forward to getting to know you on this journey.

Emily: Good job getting that exercise in sweetie.

Sandy: Good for your Dr. keeping you off work until you are ready. If the meds you are tying don't work look into Cymbalta. It is pretty good for me. Hugs.

Chimi: Thanks for the sweet words. I blush. lol. I am going to get some crocks soon I think.

Lisa: Great idea having the chart to help you out.

Michelle: Wohoo. Congrats on your -2 Good girl to put that scale up until next time.

Catherine: You have such a beautiful smile! I used to be afraid of the dentist then I just kind of said okay Annie, you are the boss of this person, if they hurt you, let them know. So, I do. They probably hate to see me come. lol. I even feel a pinch and I am like okay, more novacane please! lol.

Well, things are going okay for me today. I am totally op but skipped exercising today because of my mouth pain. When the blood gets flowin it hurts worse. Tomorrow I hope to swim and do my normal stuff. At my hubby's work he said there is a sign if I'm not too shy to go for gym membership discounts. He is going to bring it home for me to see. Hope everyone is doing really well and staying op.
Blessings all,
Annie
Old 03-07-2007, 06:02 AM   #75  

Breathless - Keep up the good work!

Jewelz - This is a wonderful group of caring people. I can totally relate to the tired of being tired. That is how I was about a month ago. I felt like crap and quite frankly my DH was worried about my health. Since I have made just a couple lifestyle changes (including adding fruits and veggies,whole grains, water and taking my daily vitamin) I feel so much BETTER! The weight loss will follow. Post away!!

Sandy - I hope that the meds kick in soon for you.

Lisa - Whatever works to keep you motivated and OP is a *good thing*.

Michelle - Nice job on the 2 lbs loss!!

Ammi - Thanks for taking a moment for checking in with us. We do care!

Annie - Good for you for staying OP!! I have to say that if I had braces that had just been tightened that exercizing would be the last thing on my mind. Give yourself a pass on that one. Today is another day!

Well...had a bit of a downer yesterday. I had been weighing with a cheap digital scale that bounced all over the place and I would have to get on several times and take the weight that showed up the most. I know...its just *crazy*, but thats ME! I bought a very good analog dial scale. It weighed both DH and I 10 lbs heavier than what we *thought* we weighed on the digital scale. Bummer! Oh well, its just a number, right? I actually knew something was not right as a blouse that fit the last time I was the weight I *thought* I was just did not fit correctly. Its not a shock and in the grand scheme of things, it is just a number. I adjusted my starting and current weights by 10 lbs and will just go on from here.

I am remaining OP, which I am finding pretty easy these days. Although, I am meeting a friend for lunch Saturday at Chili's. I need to figure out what I can eat there *before* I go and just stick to that. Any suggestions of good things to order there are welcome!!

I am wearing my pedometer. Yesterday I got about 5600 steps in. Pretty good since those steps were mainly indoors since it was VERY cold and windy here yesterday. I walk the length of my office building several times a day and am no longer taking the elevator at all. I am hoping to up those steps to well over 6000 and closer to my goal of 10,000 once it gets nicer out. Meanwhile, I ordered my stationary bike yesterday and hope that it comes soon. I think that will help.

Thats it for me. I need to go get my breakfast and get on with my day. I am sure I will be checking in later from work.

for you all! for a great OP day!!
Closed Thread