Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I'll probably have a noodle bowl with scallops and tilapia. I'm on such a seafood kick. Last night was curry shrimp with spinach, potatoes, and bake. Not the healthiest choice, but I had some leeway yesterday!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #227  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
You should take a look at this Skinny Tuna Noodle Casserole

For pizza crust, I always use flatout light (90 cals, 9g fiber). It's like a thin crust pizza with whatever toppings I want and you can't beat 90 calories!
OMG!!! The Skinny Tuna Casserole looks DELICIOUS!!!

Thanks for sharing.

I used the flatout light a while back but I remember that it was soggy for some reason. I wonder what I did wrong.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #228  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAgreeneyes View Post
I used the flatout light a while back but I remember that it was soggy for some reason. I wonder what I did wrong.
You spray it with a misto (or pam) and put it directly on the rack for 7 minutes at 350 to crisp it. When it's done cooking, put your sauce and toppings on and bake for another 7 minutes. Perfect every time.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #229  

Quote:
You spray it with a misto (or pam) and put it directly on the rack for 7 minutes at 350 to crisp it. When it's done cooking, put your sauce and toppings on and bake for another 7 minutes. Perfect every time.
Great!!!! I'm so glad I mentioned that to you. Now I know what to do.

THANK YOU !
Old 03-29-2012, 10:42 AM   #230  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

MORNING ALL!

Tonight's dinner is this: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/07/pepper-steak.html over brown rice with a spinach salad.

And I got a new tattoo last night, so I didn't go to bed till late and UGH, Although.. I saw no gain on the scale from it and I weighed in at my lowest weight so far this morning of 193 even. YEY!

ANYWAYS, lol... To the pepper steak, I'll add more onions and some button mushrooms, and likely use green peppers and a yellow one because that's what I have.

And I loooooooove that skinnytaste tuna noodle caserole!!

Last edited by kateleestar; 03-29-2012 at 02:56 PM.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #231  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateleestar View Post
MORNING ALL!

Tonight's dinner is this: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/07/pepper-steak.html over brown rice with a spinach salad.
Congrats on the tattoo, Kate!

That pepper steak looks yummy. I might make it next week with some sauteed zucchini and onions on the side.

Today's dinner is these turkey burgers with sweet potato fries and a salad:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/actuall...2fdefault.aspx
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #232  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

It was really good pepper steak. I added some cabbage, zucchini, and broccoli slaw to it and we didn't even need the rice. It was tasty!

And thanks, I heart my new tat!

and... I love sweet potato fries. As much as butternut squash fries....
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #233  

I totally still want fish. I made a flounder stir fry yesterday with plenty of vegetables, brown rice, and a runny egg on top. Mmm!

I told my daughter that it's her choice as to where we eat tonight before we go to the movies. She picked Wendy's. Seriously. I guess I'll get a salad and just disregard the salt today...or a baked potato with sour cream. Their chili is also a good choice.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #234  
No longer super size!!!

Quote:
I totally still want fish. I made a flounder stir fry yesterday with plenty of vegetables, brown rice, and a runny egg on top. Mmm!

I told my daughter that it's her choice as to where we eat tonight before we go to the movies. She picked Wendy's. Seriously. I guess I'll get a salad and just disregard the salt today...or a baked potato with sour cream. Their chili is also a good choice.
Munchy, since you mentioned fish - I had some halibut for the first time yesterday. It's my new favorite fish. Yummy!

Wendy's Chili and a Side Salad are my "go to" fast food meal most of the time when for whatever reason I have to do fast food (which isn't often).

Tonight I'm going to happy hour with some friends. Wish me luck.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #235  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
Munchy, since you mentioned fish - I had some halibut for the first time yesterday. It's my new favorite fish. Yummy!

Wendy's Chili and a Side Salad are my "go to" fast food meal most of the time when for whatever reason I have to do fast food (which isn't often).

Tonight I'm going to happy hour with some friends. Wish me luck.
I'd TOTALLY waste calories on happy hour ...but good luck

I may get a small chili and call it a day, but sometimes cheap beef makes my stomach hurt, lol.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:27 PM   #236  

Quote:
I'd TOTALLY waste calories on happy hour ...but good luck

I may get a small chili and call it a day, but sometimes cheap beef makes my stomach hurt, lol.
LOL @ cheap beef.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAgreeneyes View Post
LOL @ cheap beef.
I just looked at the website and it looks like they have broccoli for the potatoes. I'll get that and some sour cream (theirs is low fat already) and chives.

Or maybe the *sodium* chicken *sodium* salad with cranberries and apples.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #238  
No longer super size!!!

Quote:

Or maybe the *sodium* chicken *sodium* salad with cranberries and apples.
SOOOOOO TRUE...LOL. Just one of the many reasons I prefer to cook at home.

Not to mention the calorie counts when eating out...since I started looking at calories a few years ago, I am amazed at how many calories some items have at restaurants.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyedmustang View Post
SOOOOOO TRUE...LOL. Just one of the many reasons I prefer to cook at home.

Not to mention the calorie counts when eating out...since I started looking at calories a few years ago, I am amazed at how many calories some items have at restaurants.
I can always get it without chicken like I do on road trips. I can probably just eat when I get home, lol! I'll let my kidlet have her occasional processed food.

She doesn't even know that my homemade chicken nuggets are 1/2 veggies
Old 04-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #240  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Thanks Munchy! I will check out the flatbread. Also the tuna casserole sounds good.

This was a crazy weekend of cooking. My boyfriend is still miserable. He has lost 10 pounds since the procedure. I spent all weekend cooking for him. So far the only thing he has been able to have is one cup of potato soup and strawberry ensure type drinks (yuck!).

I got my semi-annual beef order this past week and I had some short ribs that had been in the freezer for far too long so I made this, minus the potatoes-
http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot...ort-ribs-16712
Amazing! I am slowly learning the joys of using the slow cooker. I had some pretty terrible experinces with it in the past but I think I was making the wrong things with it.

I also made this
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/old-fas...e7=Home%20Page
I blended it with my immersion blender and, though not too pretty because of the carrots, it has a nice flavor. Used regular broth instead of the bouillon.

I roasted a whole chicken from a recipe from an old Natural Health magazine. It was stuffed with lemon and garlic and I put paprika, salt and pepper on the skin. I've roasted many chickens and always used butter. This time I tried it with olive oil. It turned out great.

I bought some Velveeta to make some soup, unfortunately it is the full fat one. Does anyone have any suggestions for some healthy soup using it? I have leftover chicken so maybe a chicken tortilla soup?
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote