Old 04-11-2012, 11:58 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAgreeneyes View Post
OMG !!!!!!!!!!! Writing down your ingredients and headed to the grocery store immediately after lunch. Another great idea by Munchy !!!!!!!!!!!

With all of Munchy's ideas, I'll be able to melt away my last 30 lbs in no time.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aww, thanks!

My best friend is West Indian, so I never would have even thought about it unless I saw her make curried eggs (and she gave me bags of spices that she buys in bulk).

If I don't eat leftover egg curry tonight - and I do have naan in my freezer! - I may make a cobb salad. I have avocado, eggs, tomato, blue cheese, spinach, and turkey bacon ready to go.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:48 AM   #272  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

I love indian food... that's another where they love spices and I do too, so we get along swimmingly. LOL.

Dinner tonight is veggie fajitas for me and DH will be having his leftover pizza, ick.

I'm gonna try a new marinade, this one: http://www.food.com/recipe/fajita-marinade-374239

No oil, though, as I won't be using meat in my dish. Gonna make some pico too! YUM!

kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #273  

I have eaten too many eggs! I'm going to go with some TJ kimchi rice and add in sauteed purple cabbage and top it off with pan seared flounder.

You know I'm making the kimchi extra spicy!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:32 PM   #274  

S/C/G: 190/183.5/140

Height: 5',9"

What's for dinner? Tonight will be roasted pastured chicken with gravy made from bone broth, organic brussel sprouts sauteeed with garlic and shallots and organic baked potatoes served with butter. I will proably have a small potato as this is the greatest source of carbs. I do not restrict veggies at all. Sadly, this is our last organic, pastured chicken until June.
Puffin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:12 PM   #275  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Hey Kate,

I usually crock stuff for about 11 hours on low - I work 10 hour days. My pork chops were falling apart tender. Doesn't bother me, but a little less time might keep them from falling apart.

I love pork tenderloins in the crock pot, too.

I'm heading on vaca, so won't be around much next week. Will try to pop in and see what yummy stuff you girls are cooking up.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 190.2/178.4/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchy View Post
I use sriracha on everything and have for probably 15 years. It's sad, lol!
The chili sauce you're talking about - is it paste like sambal oelek?

I freeze almost everything I probably wouldn't freeze milk based soups, but I don't really make many soups that so much milk that you'd notice. That potato soup, for example, I don't think I would freeze.

The broccoli soup I make is this one but I make it with whatever stock I have on hand and I mix in 1T of romano cheese into each 1 cup serving (I figured it to be 79 calories w/cheese) before freezing.

The spicy tomato blue cheese soup recipe is Michael Symon's but I use dried oregano, swap evaporated skim milk for the cream, and I don't use Roth Kase, but just any STRONG blue cheese - I like Trader Joe's blue cheese crumbles. It comes out to 118 calories per cup.

I recommend making chili and stews for the older ones - I do that for my grandmother - and I freeze the chili or stew in 1.5 cup portions. I also make a lot of one pot meals with rice or pasta and freeze those into portions. My rule always stays the same - I just make sure that every recipe I make has half vegetables in it, especially if I'm not eating any sides with it. I do it for myself, my child, and any family or friend I'm cooking for.

The weight watchers one point chili is my absolute favorite, but I add in one more can of rinsed beans.
Munchy- thanks for the recipes and ideas. It is the Sambal Oelek sauce made by Huy Foods. It was on sale because it looks like they are changing the package design. It is delicious. We managed to eat about half the bottle in a week.

I haven't figured out what I am making for dinner tonight. I am going to make some banana bread to take to the grandparents later this week. My bf has to work late all this week so I told him I would cook every night so the last thing he needs to worry about is dinner when he gets home.
Jelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:29 AM   #277  
is super awesome.

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy View Post
Hey Kate,

I usually crock stuff for about 11 hours on low - I work 10 hour days. My pork chops were falling apart tender. Doesn't bother me, but a little less time might keep them from falling apart.

I love pork tenderloins in the crock pot, too.

I'm heading on vaca, so won't be around much next week. Will try to pop in and see what yummy stuff you girls are cooking up.
Sweet. Anything to make pork tastier, lol... I work 9 hour days, so I'm sure by the time I get home, cut up salad stuff and we get ready to eat, it'd be good to go. Thanks Riddy!

And tonight, whats for dinner? LEFTOVERS!

Whew.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:45 AM   #278  

I'm definitely going to cook a bunch of stuff tonight and freeze it - my freezer meals are depleting rapidly with my busy weekends lately!

I'm going to make some cauliflower dal, some zucchini/bean/brown rice burritos, and likely something with all of the leftover chicken I grilled, pasta, broccoli, and whatever else I can muster up.

To eat tonight I think it will be fish tacos or maybe just seared flounder with some roasted radishes.

I love when it's so warm and I feel energetic to get things done after work!
Old 04-18-2012, 08:31 AM   #279  
is super awesome.

Last night was spaghetti, ah, normalcy, lol...

Tonight I'm thinking I'm gonna make jambalaya. I kind of use this one: http://www.laaloosh.com/2009/03/09/w...balaya-recipe/ and marry it to this one: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1603

TASTY. Mmm. I'm using chicken sausage, a salmon filet I have, and shrimps. Maybe a chicken tender cut up too... Whatever hits me later, lol...
Old 04-18-2012, 12:24 PM   #280  

I'm going to make a gumbo with some turkey kielbasa and leftover chicken, but I also have apple chicken sausages and all I want to do is mix them with a little pasta and a lot of sauteed cabbage - probably purple and green, with onions and maybe an apple added in too.

Winging this one
Old 04-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #281  
is super awesome.

Tonight is chicken with this marinade: http://www.food.com/recipe/amazing-c...marinade-29598

With asparagus, yellow squash and zucchini on the grill with the pioneer woman's hot cross potatoes. YUMSVILLE.

Old 04-19-2012, 01:11 PM   #282  

I went crazy grocery shopping yesterday, got home and kind of fizzled out after packing lunches, making dinner for the little one, and making some zucchini freezer burritos and some freezer squash/chicken nuggets. I spilled the salt into the whole wheat breadcrumbs for that, and need to taste them again to see if they need to be scrapped. In that case I'll need more summer squash, and I realized I don't have enough zucchini. Ugh!

Anyway, I skipped dinner because I was too busy and it was hot!

Today's plan is to make the freezer cauliflower dal, maybe bang out some freezer turkey/zucchini meatballs, and possibly remake the squash/chicken nuggets.

Tonight I may just have some artichokes steamed with lemon and bay leaves and probably some pan-seared fish, and maybe a spinach salad.

My other option is the huge spaghetti squash I have, or just eating one of my freezer meals.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #283  
is super awesome.

Tonight, we shall have chili... extra spicy with pinto, black and navy beans. I'm not a kidney bean fan, lol.

All I do for my Two-Time-Award-Winning-Chili, LOL, is...

sautee onion, pepper (green, red, yellow - whatever you have) in a pan with some crushed garlic in Pam. I usually add zucchini and yellow squash too. After all that is soft, I remove it from the pan and add in a 1/2 lb of ground lean turkey and cook that with a bunch of spices, like s&p, oregano, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, a little of this and that, lol... Crushed red pepper flakes too. All goes into a big pot when the turkey is browned with the cans of beans, and a small can of no salt mushrooms. (All the canned beans I use are low sodium, too.) I let it mingle and simmmer for about 45 mins to an hour, and then we eat! YUM. If it's a little thin, I'll add a little flour and thicken up the sauce.

Love chili.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #284  
is super awesome.

Now that last week (ugh, funerals and the food they have, ick) is over, we are back to normal. Tonight we will be having spinach salad with sirloin on top...

Tomorrow I'm going to make this: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/04/c...d-stuffed.html With less cheese... and a veggie side and spinach salad.

I'm thinking for Wednesday we will have this: http://www.eatliverun.com/stacked-ro...le-enchiladas/

And Thursday will be inside out turkey burgers with swiss or fat free american inside, with a squash medely and spinach salad. YUMMY.

Last edited by kateleestar; 04-30-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:55 PM   #285  

S/C/G: 145/124/?

Height: 5" 4

Salmon
Steamed spinach
HappyHoliday is offline   Reply With Quote