Old 05-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

congrats valrock!!! i'm so happy for you & i hope the other lbs just melt away~

man, this month has been hard! i've been going back and forth from 148-149 for the last week and its so frustrating. vacation definitely did not help at all, but i know its because i've been failing to stay on plan ever since vacation. so many things have been coming up with friends & whatnot, so i haven't been making the best of choices & i didn't really exercise that much last week. its a new week though & this week will be a good week! i definitely hope next month is better though..
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #182  
Working on Change

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5' 7"

delyn- I hope that this week is a good week for you. I feel the same way whenever a big holiday or vacation comes up. Hanging out with friends and family in such a relaxed environment is not always the most conducive for diet & exercise, especially with so many options that you have come to love over the years. Don't let this minor weight flux deter you, it might have been stress.

I'm down another 1.5lbs this week and am majorly proud of myself. Went to a party yesterday and did not overindulge; although, I wanted to devour three of the chocolate cupcakes that my cousin made.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend.
kitkat1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #183  
Fitty, the Pound-Slayer

S/C/G: 303/287/150

Height: 5'8

Well, I'm already down 7 pounds! I can't believe how fast the weight has been flying off . . . not that I'm complaining! lol I really want to step up my fitness routine this week. I hurt my knee slightly last week and had to take it easier than I would like. The 5K is less than 17 weeks away right now, and I want to be ready!

Other than that, my friends and I had an early birthday dinner for me last night and we had a blast. Plus, I was SO proud of my eating! I planned out how and what to eat and still really enjoyed the food. It was so cool to have so much fun without stuffing myself silly. It was a real success moment for me.

Anyway, I hope you all are doing great! There are so many amazing people on here doing such great jobs of taking care of themselves! And the people who are struggling are also doing great, because they are trying despite the challenges. WTG everyone!

ETA: I just scrolled back and saw that valrock lost 100lbs. Congrats!!! You are such an inspiration!

Last edited by fatbookworm; 05-29-2012 at 12:50 PM.
fatbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 158/154/130

Height: 5'4"

Phew, I'm back! But I'm not gonna lie, I fell off the wagon for a few days there. Lucky for me, however, my weight has stayed around 155. I have discovered that weekends are going to be rough for me because of work. Especially Sunday. I work from 1-11, and I am hosting, doing, to go orders, and bussing tables off THE WHOLE TIME. That IS a lot of calories burned, but I need to start packing lunches. I cannot be be tempted to eat Macaroni Grill food!! It's the worst in terms of nutrition!! Unfortunately I missed 2 days of Insanity, so I'm just going to push back my calender by 2 days and hope for the best during today's crazy workout (Pure cardio AND cardio abs..aaaahhh!!)

Now on to a completely unrelated point. I just read an article on CNN about the poisoning of 160 female Afghan students. The Taliban are accused of poisoning them as a threat to prevent girls from becoming educated and to challenge the move towards democracy. It just makes me think about how lucky we, as mostly female students, are to be able to get an education without having to fear for our lives. All politics aside, my heart goes out to those girls who are trying to be a part of a revolution.

Wow, that was heavy! Sorry guys!

ValRock, congratulations!! I can't even imagine how good it would feel to know that all your hard work resulted in 100 pounds gone! And you aren't stopping!! You're a machine!!

To all of our newcomers, Welcome!!! Can't wait to shed the pounds with you all!

I also wanted to post some pictures. The picture of all the girls is from graduation, which was just 2 weeks ago. I think it's the worst picture ever taken of me, and I feel like it needs to be posted as a wake up call to myself! I'm the first one on the left. The picture in the bathing suit is of me after I lost 25ish pounds in high school. It's serving as my motivation picture!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 537593_10151109115464488_658914487_13236664_1991693288_n.jpg (46.5 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0362.jpg (20.0 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by Kristi22; 05-29-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Woo, congrats, valrock!! 100 pounds is a hefty amount to lose, you must be really proud of yourself!!!

I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at 148!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. I was hoping to be 149, but the 148 was a nice surprise!! My weight stalled for a week but it's definitely catching up this week. Ahhh, can't wait to see the 130's!!! Maybe I'll see it by the end of next month haha! This journey is going so well! Btw, I'm totally giving myself every Sunday to go off plan a little. Definitely not binge eating like before, but eating enough calories to maintain my weight. The pounds are flying off so its working! 12 pounds down, 28 to go!
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey guys!

So I've officially taken a week off now, stupid knee. I will be working back at it tomorrow! I have had enough time off working out that it is making me sick! Today I ate a coconut bun (but they are so good!!! I maybe have 1 a month lol) and for lunch I ate instant noodles (we didn't go shopping at this point) and then for dinner I had a nice piece of lemon sole and a salad with strawberries in it such a nice dinner! If only it made for my bad eating habbits earlier in the day! Tomorrow morning I have an interview for a second job! Woot! so hopefully I can work out before I leave in the morning!! LOL and as I write this post my mom told me her friend might be able to get me another job somewhere! Hopefully something works out

Hope you all had a nice start to the week! I will be posting more regularly now and keeping accountable!
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #187  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Kristi i HOPE I don't sound like a total perv but your body was banging in high school!! Haha you'll be there in no time!!

spiritualflow I hope you feel better
I hate injuries, they just suck. lol & Good luck on your job interview!!!

I'm hoping everyone does great this week and finishes off the month with a bang!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:49 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

hey guys, it's been awhile! i've officially lost 8 pounds this month! although i started out thinking i only weighed 155, when i finally got the nerve to weigh myself, i weighed 163.8. that served as a wake up call and i worked hard and now weigh 155.8. So that's 8 pounds down and at least 15.8 pounds to go! kristi i'm a hostess too! i find that on days when i work long hours i actually don't eat at all... and then on days i have off i'll eat a TON so i need to start bringing food too! and valrock i think i've said it before... but you're a huge inspiration! and seriously every time you post something i'm like "yeah! this girl knows what she's talking about!" so keep posting and keep losing! you're keeping so many of us motivated!
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 334/304.8/165

Height: 5'9

I have been eating around maintenance for a few days to get my energy up. I don't think I gained weight (hopefully) but I checked scale some days ago and I weigh 305.8. I almost out of the 300's...almost.
ChouKoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #190  

hey everyone! so i've finally gotten out of the 148-149 rut i was in for a couple of weeks (: was down to 146, but back at 147 today but it still feels good! i can't believe that i've already lost 25lbs since february...so crazy

i'm meeting up with a friend from college who is now in Korea for dinner tonight, so i feel like it should give me extra motivation to run today, but i'm not feeling it AT ALL. i've put a lot of effort into my workouts the last 3 days so i'm kinda tired..haha. hopefully i'll end up going though..also, the last time i saw my friend, i was around 20lbs heavier, so i'm kind of nervous. even though i know i lost the weight & my clothes feel different & whatnot, i feel i look exactly the same..

hope everyone is doing well! & yay for the beginning of a new month (:

Last edited by delyn; 05-31-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:19 PM   #191  

delyn im sure you look wonderful and your friend is going to be amazed! I know what you mean I find I have to push through my morning bike rides, I'm just so exhausted.

I weighed in at 151.8 which means a 15.2 lb loss for the month of may, I'm really hoping that this "miracle of the weight loss gods" carries on for the next month, but I'm not setting myself up for disappointment.

Let's see what June has in store Good luck to yall!! xoxo
Old 06-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #192  

Height: 5'1

I would love to join this!

I'm going into my 4th and final year of college in September and want to go back with a bang myself! I'm 142lbs at the moment. My goal is to be 119lbs when I return to college, losing 23lbs which I believe is do-able with a lot of work.

Today is when I'm really starting my diet/exercise plan so I'm hoping all goes to plan. Looking forward to reading how fellow students are getting on.

Last edited by Dreamer2012; 06-01-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #193  
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

Good luck on your goal, Dreamer2012!
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #194  

caramelkitty amazing job with may! how did you manage to lose so much weight?! i'm sure you'll do amazing this month as well

so i managed to go for a run yesterday morning (5k!) so that was good. & i went out to eat with my friend & we went to a famous ramen place & had dessert afterwards. however i weighed in at 148.8 today x_x i'm just hoping its water retention from the sodium & whatnot, because i didn't go over my calorie limit...
Old 06-02-2012, 12:39 PM   #195  

delyn it most probably is water retention, just make sure you stay away from high sodium foods and drink lots of water, you'll see a drop in no time!!

I stayed good last night even tho I made my guest some chocolate covered strawberries, and I didn't eat any. Nor did I eat the cupcakes, or oreos lol

I stayed on plan, did my 2hour of bike riding yesterday and TADA! 149.8 THIS MORNING! Ouuuhhh I can't wait to get to the 130's now. I'm probably gonna push my goal, but I just wanna reach the original ticker goal for my personal satisfaction first lol