3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 20-Somethings

Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #136

S/C/G: SW 240/ CW 210/ GW 150

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenie View Post
Hi everyone!

I would also like to join the challenge! I'll be finished with my Masters in July so I'll think of this more as a "enter the working world" challenge

I like running and swimming for exercise, but right now I'm writing my thesis and with the stress, getting motivated on my own to do exercise and healthy eating has been hard.

As of today, I weigh in at 157 lbs. Goal weight is approx.140. Lookin' forward to the support!
Herzlich Wilkommen, neenie!
chocoholic21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #137

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey neenie! Welcome to the club! "Enter the working world" has a nice ring to it And I LOVE swimming! I never really get tired in the pool doing laps, and I only feel it as soon as I get out, so it is wonderful that way Good luck on your thesis and keep in touch here! We'll all support you!

Kristi22 - I should put up some pictures too when I become 20 days old, which I think is in 5 days. I don't have too many nice skinny pics of me though. I have been over weight since about grade 7. Welcome to middle school where my mom gives me 20 bucks a week for food, and refuses to pack me anything lol... In grade 8 I was 145, which is not too far from where I am now, so I guess It's not SO bad. But I got really sick in grade 8 and ended up at 129 when I went back to school (took 4 weeks off). And I stayed abour that weight until at least grade 10, because that is the last time I remember weighing myself and it was 130-132. I think in grade 12 I got back up to 145 somehow... O well. It'll be gone for good soon And I agree, C cup is the best!

---- Just did Ripped in 30, 2 more days on week 2 and then I get to move on to week 3! ugh, I slept all funny and my back hurts a lot So I've been trying to stretch it all day. My squats are getting A LOT better Now I'm just blasting some Spanish music on my lovely computer speakers. Have a good one!~
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #138

S/C/G: 188/188/145

Height: 5'11

a little late joining, but i'm in! i am also going into my third year of college and would love to lose 15-20 pounds by september! spiritualflow i am also doing jillian michaels ripped in thirty! and i move into week three on wednesday! week two was significantly harder than week one.. i'm a little worried about what's coming next!
magsabags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #139

Welcome magsabags! I'm terrified for week 3 haha, I'm only doing 4 days of each week now, with a day off in between, because I'm going straight into insanity afterwards, on June 5th, so I can say I finished it on my bday (Aug. 5th). I hope we both see great results!

---

So yesterday, I had 2 hot dogs (small ones at home) and 3 slices of pizza. Wow that was all! Oh, and I drank a bunch of white wine and ... vodka? Lol I'm not even sure, it was a mix of everything left over, it tasted like koolaid LOL. I definitely needed it though, I haven't had a nice night out in so long with my boyfriend or with anybody for that matter. So it definitely was not a healthy day, but I will make up for it soon! hope everybody had/has a good day!

Last edited by spiritualflow; 05-22-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #140

S/C/G: 158/154/130

Spiritualflow, I'm so jealous. I've been really craving a beer lately. I think I may actually be a man. What girl craves beer? But the Dos Equis in my fridge are calling my name.

Before I get into my day/plans, I wanted to say that my boyfriend is currently trying to quit dipping. He's played baseball his whole life and dipping and that sport, for some odd reason, go hand in hand. It honestly scares me so much that he dips, so I really want to do everything I can to help him. Anybody have any advice?

Alright, moving on. I'm feeling very committed today. I have pure cardio, the most intense Insanity workout, today, and I'm thinking I might go for an additional run either before or after I do Insanity. I haven't run in over a month, however, so I'm not sure how that will go haha

As for my diet, I had about half of a container of Light & Fit vanilla yogurt with some of these AWESOME chocolate sprinkles that I picked up in Holland this past summer. SO GOOD! Any way, that was my breakfast. For lunch I had a burrito with a whole wheat tortilla, black beans, guacamole, a little bit of cheese, and some salsa. I also had like 4 cherry tomatoes and a glass of absolutely horrible veggie juice. I felt like I was chugging cold tomato soup. Gross.

Time to get moving!! Adios amigas!
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:50 PM   #141

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Checking in. No work today so I woke up at 1pm LOL. I want a nice meal tonight so I'm saving my calories. I weighed myself today and I saw 151.4 lbs!!! Just when I felt a little discouraged, that weigh-in really gave me some motivation! I know I only weigh that much because it's morning time but whatever! LOL. 26 pounds to go and I'll start buying new clothes, get my tattoo, and get hair laser surgery done (LOL). Yup, I've thought about all the things I'd do to reward myself once I reach goal (:

Are you guys rewarding yourself after you reach your goal?

Kristi, I have no idea what 'dipping' is so I can't help you there, sorry I'm not really a sports person, LOL.

Last edited by Bloopers; 05-22-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:44 PM   #142

S/C/G: 158/154/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopers View Post
Checking in. No work today so I woke up at 1pm LOL. I want a nice meal tonight so I'm saving my calories. I weighed myself today and I saw 151.4 lbs!!! Just when I felt a little discouraged, that weigh-in really gave me some motivation! I know I only weigh that much because it's morning time but whatever! LOL. 26 pounds to go and I'll start buying new clothes, get my tattoo, and get hair laser surgery done (LOL). Yup, I've thought about all the things I'd do to reward myself once I reach goal (:

Are you guys rewarding yourself after you reach your goal?

Kristi, I have no idea what 'dipping' is so I can't help you there, sorry I'm not really a sports person, LOL.
The good thing abut the number in the morning is that that is your actual weight!! So even though it's higher in the afternoon and night because of food, the number in the morning is actually a better indicator of your true weight! Congrats! So close to the 40s!!

Another thing - not to be the nutrition enforcer or anything, but even if you're saving calories for later in the day be sure you're still getting some in you throughout the day or else your metabolism will slow down and it will actually take you longer to burn the calories and lost the weight.

What kind of reward are you thinking?? Clothes? Massage? No food rewards though.

Dipping is basically chewing tobacco. It's tobacco that you put in between your lower lip and gums and spit out occasionally. It's absolutely disgusting so be thankful that you don't know anything about it!!

Last edited by Kristi22; 05-22-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #143

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

Thanks!! I can't wait to see 14- on my scale! I've been obsessed with the scale lately, but I'm gonna go back to weighing myself only once a week. I can't deal with all the stress of weighing myself constantly!

And I will definitely keep that in mind, thanks for the advice I just ate a greek yogurt and an apple. Might go to taco bell for a taco or two cus I'm craving it and it's not too high in calories.

I've already said this but you might've missed it. I plan on getting a tattoo, more specifically, on the back of my neck. I know the location, I'm just not exactly sure what I want yet xD And I plan on shopping.. TONS of it too, LOL. I want a whole new wardrobe!!! There are so many things I want to buy, but the first piece of clothing I will purchase will be some cute rompers. I don't know why, I kinda have a thing for them, they're so cute! And probably tons of shorts. You know the feeling of wearing shorts and having them ride up your thighs? I hope that problem doesn't occur once I lose all this weight! And I live in Florida.. I'm sick of wearing skinny jeans around in this hot weather! And oh yeah.. I want hair laser surgery done on my underarms. I hate shaving and plucking/waxing is a pain, so yeahh. LOL

I thought 'dipping' was some kind of sport I've never heard of, LOL. I hope it works out for your boyfriend though x] !

Last edited by Bloopers; 05-22-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #144
Working on Change

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5' 7"

Hey guys, checking in.
I'm only down .6lbs this week and a little bit discouraged, but I'm feeling a lot better than I did when I was in school two weeks, lugging an overweight book-bag up and down stairs for class. My lower legs are regaining the definition they used to have, but my upper legs and thighs are where I need the most work.

Woke up too late for my Zumba class today so I just spent two hours doing cardio and finished with yoga for a long 30-minute cool down. Hitting the gym early tomorrow for a high-intensity Zumba class followed by an ab routine.

This week is going to be hard on me for keeping to my exercise schedule and eating regimen. I have to hunt for a cocktail dress on Thursday for a bridal shower I'm helping throw on Sunday; I'm going out with friends on Friday night; the bridesmaids luncheon is this Saturday (following the dress fitting for the dresses we ordered in January *hope it isn't too snug*); and I'm working Wednesday-Saturday.
Praying to stay on track and not let the insanity of the things to come throw me off my game.

How's everyone else doing?

Bloopers-I'm not really rewarding myself, just gaining satisfaction from feeling healthier and looking better. (My face is starting to slim back down and I'm loving it).
kitkat1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 PM   #145

S/C/G: 172/ticker/114

Height: 5'3"

hey ladies!

just checking in after my vacation to thailand for the last few days. unfortunately i gained about a pound (complementary breakfast buffet every morning = too much carbs), but i'm not too upset about it. i took a break from my diet for about 5 days, but now i'm ready to get back to it & stay on plan.

i'm hoping to get in a run today since i haven't ran in about a week, but hopefully i won't be too tired from traveling & whatnot. hope everyone is doing well (:
Mini Goal#1: 162.6 (10 lbs lost!) [2012.03.05]
Mini Goal#2: 155.4 (10% lost) [2012.04.13]
Mini Goal #3: 143.2 (halfway to goal!)
Mini Goal #4: 138 (healthy BMI & 20% lost)
Mini Goal #5: 129.4 (25% lost)
delyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #146
Mommy of 3 Boys!

S/C/G: 245/173.6/164

Height: 5'8"

Just wanted to check in and say I just did 3 miles on my elliptical in under 30 minutes and the last time I was on it I barely could do it in 40!!

Goals for 2012
1. 209.6-June 1st Goal 5/28/2012
2. Onederland (July 1st goal) 7/21/2012
3. 197.3- No longer "obese" (BMI) 8/17/2012
4. 195- pre-pregnancy weight- 8/29/2012
5. 185- 60 lbs lost 1/31/13
6. 175-70lbs lost 8/15/2013
7. 168- Weight I started dating my husband at
8. 164- Ultimate Goal! no longer "overweight"(BMI)
9. 148- Weight senior year of high school
Blcarter84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #147

S/C/G: 224/221/132

Height: 5'4''

Hi guys

Also just cheking in... I'm feeling kind of pressured with school and friends at the moment and all I want is to buy some candy or a pizza and just eat all of it away. I just have to remind myself that it's not the way to handle bad emotions Oh why does it have to be this hard?? Well, this time I know what I want and I'll not give in to the temptations!!!

Hope everybody is doing great
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 PM   #148

Hey everybody

Kristi22 - I actually hate beer, I love the hard stuff and coolers and white wine, but yea, I hate beer I wish I didn't it's so much cheaper lol. I had never heard of the term dipping until today, I knew about chewing tobacco, just didn't know what it's called. It's good that he is trying to quit. Maybe tell him to chew gum instead? I have no idea :S

Bloopers and kitkat1218 - Congrats on the .6lb loss, it's still a loss no matter how small

Delyn - OMG THAILAND! That's awesome! Totally worth the pound I've never left Canada, ever. Until last summer I've never left Ontario (my province)!! I want to travel sooooo badly!

Blcarter84 - Congrats on your elliptical time! I used to love doing elliptical, but I don't have bus fare to go to my school gym until I get paid. lol. But when I do, I'm going to probably go back to swimming for 40 minutes, and Elliptical for 20, and maybe some gym classes like zumba and such. Can't wait!

---

So I didn't work out yesterday because I was just too tired and then when I got home from work, my knee started acting up. I tore cartilige in my right knee from doing trapeze 2 summers ago, and now and again it hurts. I've had my knee lock 3 times last year, THANKFULLY it seemed to have stopped for a while, but I think it's acting up because of all the exercise I've been doing. Which is a bit discouraging I know people will say "well then don't do exercises that put strain on your knee!" and I really think that to lose weight it's pretty much impossible to not incorporate any sort of cardio without using your knees. I love swimming, but wont be able to do that until the end of the month. And that will help alot, but until then... I guess I just workout till it bothers me and then stop. :/

Does anybody have knee problems here? What do you do about it? Hope everybody has a good day

PS - I haven't weighed myself this week, and I will post my weight up as soon as I get a chance!

*EDIT* AND GUESS WHAT I FINALLY HAVE!! A SIGNATURE!! WOOT!

Mini Goals:
169 - Get under 170
154 - Original weight I started my first weight loss challenge at
145 - Normal BMI
130's - Haven't seen that in a while
130 - ULTIMATE GOAL!
<130 - If I decide to keep going, we'll see

Last edited by spiritualflow; 05-23-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #149
Here We Go

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'7"

I'm joining!! A big reason I want to lose weight now is because of school. More because of what I'm going to school for. I planned to start trying to lose weight once the semester ended (a week ago), so this is perfect! Very excited to find this thread I haven't had a chance to read every post yet, but wanted to reply since I added myself to the sheet. My goal is to lose 28 pounds, but I'll be happy with any amount, as long as it's going down!

Good luck to everyone!!
t0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #150
Viking Barbarian

S/C/G: 298/226/120

Height: 5'8"

I would love to join in. I'm going to a brand new school this fall after being out of college for almost 3yrs now. I'm scared enough as is, so I know going in there looking the best I can will definitely give me a confidence boost.
195 lbs- 100 lbs gone
170 lbs- 125 lbs gone
145 lbs- 150 lbs gone
120 lbs- 175 lbs gone
TheVikingNinja is offline   Reply With Quote