Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM   #91  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

munchievictim- Once you start with the refined carbs, it's so hard to put them down. That's why I avoid that stuff altogether. It seems to spiral totally out of control. Tomorrow is a new day, you can do it!

spiritualflow Ham and egg salad sounds so good! I need to call my farmer and see if he has any ham. He brought me new eggs today .

psychedout - Welcome! Good luck with your goals .

delyn Thanks!! Your hike sounds awesome. I wish I could spend more time outside here, it's just too hot! Does it get oppressively hot/humid in Korea like it did in Japan? The summer was horrible in Tokyo! I hope you have an awesome day too!

Kristi22 Yeah, I need to be better about prepping on the weekends when I can run the AC during the day. I'll get some meat precooked on Saturday to have for next week. I need to get some fish, too... I can throw that in the steamer. It doesn't produce as much heat as the oven. I'm weird, I don't really like using a microwave. Apparently, I just enjoy making my life impossible!

Put down the Eggos!!! Look at the ingredients in them, seriously, go read it. Throw them away!!

You can do it!! Keep on truckin'

My brother did the Color Run in Utah a few weeks ago. His pictures were so fun! You'll have so much fun!!

-------
I'm BEAT today! I dropped the kids off at school and ran errands all morning. I just got my little one and we're relaxing on the couch. I could pass out right now, seriously. I'll take the kids swimming in a couple hours when my oldest is home from school. Right now... I just want to lay here

Keep up the good work everyone!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 334/304.8/165

Height: 5'9

Hi!
I like to show off some progress before school starts. Good luck to all!!!
ChouKoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #93  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValRock View Post
Put down the Eggos!!! Look at the ingredients in them, seriously, go read it. Throw them away!!
LOL! That just made me giggle. Can I hire you to be my live-in motivator? Hahahaha

I had a hamburger today. At a restaurant at the airport. But I ordered it plain with lettuce and onion only, and I asked them to bring me the bread pack to see the calories (I tend to be crazy, but I asked nicely so they didn't hate me or anything) And they brought me the packaging and it said the bun was 160 calories, and the patty was a beef patty ground in house, so I was a little less worried about the content than I would be at a fast food joint.

I also changed my side of fries for salad, and she accidentally brought me fries, and when I told her, she goes, "okay, keep the fries, I'll bring you salad now" ..... So I had those things in front of me the entire meal and didn't even have one! YAY ME!!

So in total my meal must've been around 400 calories. Which is perfecto in my world! Just no snack tonight

Ohhh and it totally took away my pizza craving. So its a double whammy! lol

Hope everyone is having a great humpday and a fantastic remainder of the week!! xoxo
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

Hii added myself to spread sheet!
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 154/149/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome ilovemo and ChouKoe !!

caramelkitty, It's funny you talk about asking waiters for packaging, I've always wanted to do that but I'm so scared. Lol I actually have a problem talking to waiters and such, when I was a kid I was too shy to order my own meal. Even at MCD! But I'm alot better at that now

So today I did do Julian Michaels 30 Day Shred. Kristi22 I actually have both 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, and meant to click on the Ripped in 30 file, but ended up clicking on this one itstead. The first level of both are pretty much the same. I would say I like them pretty much equally. I did sweat more in Ripped in 30, but I was also texting my bf and working out at the same time today during 30 Day Shred, so that may be a factor lol. I would recommend them both, as I think they are pretty managable, I could break a sweat but still feel like it wasn't painfully hard to keep up. Mind you this is only week one, so the other weeks are probably harder. But my point is that it is easy to get into, and you are constantly switching from abs to cardio to strength, every 2-3 minutes. And the entire workout is only 30 min long, which I love.

I had a ham and left over caeser salad sandwich on a tiny hot dog bug for lunch, lots of water and 2 slices of pizza and more leftover salad for dinner. It was good I need to eat a little less sporadically though. I weighed myself and it was 149, but I don't trust it lol. depending on where I stand on the scale it goes from 145-150, I need a new one.

Last edited by spiritualflow; 05-16-2012 at 11:05 PM.
spiritualflow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:02 AM   #96  
Getting back on track!

S/C/G: 174/172/145

Height: 5'5

Good morning, everyone! I officially started this challenge yesterday and I think I'm in the right mindset. A little background on me- I used to weigh 200 lbs. I lost and got down to 145 lbs in 2008. I was working out an hour most days and eating smaller portions and no fast foods whatsoever. A death in the family hindered my workout routine and then I got into nursing school and I found myself weighing 175 lbs this past new years. I've lost around 10 lbs since then, but I've found it's hard to lose the weight like I used too. I've been stuck for a couple of months.

I use myfitness pal and I met my calorie goal for yesterday. I didn't work out because I had to work, but I saw a Snow Patrol concert and danced my butt off! My fitbit said I did around 15,000 steps for yesterday. The scale said 165.2 this morning! I hope I can start losing again.
psychedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #97  

The last couple weeks I haven't been able to lose weight. I don't know if I am eating too little or what. Never thought I would have a problem with eating too little.
tyler90az is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:36 AM   #98  

Hey tyler90az, thanks for joining and posting on the thread. First of all, if you eat to few calories, your body may think you are starving and store it as fat. More can be read here:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/weight...etabolism.aspx

Your calorie deficit should be enough to lose weight, but not enough to make your body freak out Good Luck!

PS. You can also go here to find out what a good amount of calorie intake is for you:

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-goal.php
Old 05-17-2012, 11:10 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 228/222/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week!

I finally added my data to the spread sheet; which made me pick an actual goal for this summer. I would absolutely LOVE to be be in the 100's by the time school starts, that's about 20 lbs! I think I can do it, but doses it actually sound reasonable?

Anyway, I had a very good day today, I went on my first data retrieval for my research project! It involved a nice long hike up the side of a mountain and then lots of bending over to measure the height of plants. I am pretty much dead right now but in a good way! It did make my hip hurt though, I need to figure out some stretches or something to do for it... I also have very cheap hiking boots that don't really hold my feet really well...I'm worried about blisters and all that.

After my hike I helped my friend move for a bit, which is a workout in itself! She has a mini-fridge which was a pain in the butt! But we managed to get everything to her new place without too much trouble. =)

But all in all it was a fun day! I ate half a can of lentil soup for breakfast; a roast beef sandwich, broccoli pieces, and a granola bar for lunch; and the other half a can of lentil soup with a piece of bread for dinner.

My next objective: staying away from bread!
Suzll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:25 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/125

hi! i added myself to the spreadsheet today. i'm not sure if i'm going back to school this fall, but this challenge seems fun . these past couple of weeks i've been junking my body up with lots of terrible things, and i'm going to try to treat it better with proper food. i'd also like to try and get in exercise at least 3 times a week-- now that i'm home i'm scared i'll never leave the couch!
abejune23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

After being MIA because of school I'm back (sort of) I still have 2 more weeks plus finals. UGH! I'm so ready to be done. I had been stalling for the last 2 weeks though so I'm so happy that this morning the scale said 2.2 down!
You are all doing great!

Last edited by Princess of the KING; 05-18-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Princess of the KING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #102  
CkM

S/C/G: 175/155/130

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! I am done with school but have a wedding to go to in the middle of august! So I am trying to get after it and shed these 30 pounds! good luck everyone!!
CkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 158/154/130

Hi everyone, we have a really healthy number of people involved in this! Awesome!

ValRock, because of your inspirational talk, I'm pitching the eggos. haha You need to be one of those trainers/nutritionists on those weight loss shows, who goes into the participants' houses and clears out their fridges with no sympathy!

Ilovemo, Tyler90az, ChouKoe, & Abejune, CkM....Welcome!!! We've only been together for a few weeks, but I already know that the people here are awesome! Spiritualflow has done something awesome for all of us!

Suzll, I'm jealous! I LOVE hiking! And in actual mountains? How tranquil! Well, maybe at rest breaks haha I can't imagine I'd be very relaxed or at peace when I'm fighting for breath going up and down slopes all day. Bread is also a weakness of mine (See above Eggo situation hehe), but it's one step at a time! This is a process, and you already seem to be doing well with your diet! Plain broccoli pieces?! I don't think you could make me eat those if you had a gun pointed at me! I need ranch!

Princess of the KING, I feel you. I had never been more ready to get home from school just a week ago. Soon enough! Keep studying!

-----

Alright, so...yesterday I went to the one and only Cedar Point. If you aren't familiar with this majestical place, it's the best amusement park in the world (Not even exaggerating), and it's only 2.5 hours away from me in Sandusky, Ohio! My boyfriend and I are both roller coaster nerds, so he took me there for our 1 year! I feel kinda bad because boy, it's not cheap to spend a day there, BUT...not bad enough to say no to his offer! I'm terrible.

I actually went to Subway the night before and got 2 footlongs for us to keep in a cooler in the car, and we left the park for about 30 minutes to eat our subs (and provide a cell phone for an unfortunate couple who locked their keys in the trunk of the car), and I was very proud of this decision. We saved money AND calories/overall health by not buying the park food. Plus, we were walking around all day and the only things we ate in the park were pretzel thins and Light Pringles that I packed.

Sadly, I succumbed to the hunger pains I was experiencing upon leaving the town of Sandusky and to the convenience of "Chet and Matt's pizza" located right outside of the park. Meat Lovers. 3 types of meat. So much sodium. So much cheese. So many carbs. AHHH!

But I'm not kicking myself over it any more because I am now IN IT TO WIN IT! IT being....confidence, health, the number 130 on my scale - that type of stuff. I'm 100% committed to this effort.

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm kind of...odd, so please forgive the rambling and weirdness of this post because I'm just in one of those moods this morning.

As for my food...

Breakfast - Blueberry bagel with 2 tbs. Strawberry cream cheese (400 calories). This breakfast is possibly my favorite of all time. Not the best FOR me, but it tastes delicious, and it's giving me the necessary carbs to complete "Insanity: PURE CARDIO"! haha God, help me.

Edit:

Snack - 1.5 cups of chocolate milk after my workout (225 calories)

Lunch/Supper - Fruit salad (bananas, strawberries, and blueberries) and a chicken taco (whole wheat tortilla, fiesta lime rice (pinterest recipe), sprinkle of cheese, grilled chicken strips, and a little bit of sour cream)

We shall see what the rest of the day has in store, but I also took some Energy boosting multivitamins.

I'm SO sore. Insanity and walking around all day yesterday have my body feeling like it has served as a punching bag. My calves feel like somebody took a knife to them, and my back has knots everywhere. I'm going to need a good stretch prior to and following my workout!

Okay, I'm going. Jeesh. I apologize for this post.

Happy Friday, everyone! We made it!

Last edited by Kristi22; 05-18-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Kristi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #104  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!! Stay strong this weekend!! resist temptation,

I'm baking cupcakes for a customer and the entire house smells so good, this is hard. Thank God I bake them, so it kinda turns me off of eating them. lol Wrooonnggg career choice!!
caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #105  

Welcome abejune23 and CkM, and congrats on the weight loss Princess of the KING!

Kristi22 OMG I LOVE ROLLERCOASTERS!! We have an amusement park here called Canada's Wonderland, which used to be owned by Paramount. Anyways, I hope I get to go sometime. I've heard of Cedar Point, but aren't there several in the States and Canada? lol. You may think the pizza is bad. In the last few days I've been super stressed out. I've had chips, coconut buns, and lots of juice. ick. I REALLY need to get my vege count up. I'm now noticing how I barely eat veggies, and if I do it's mixed into my rice or noodles... carbs carbs carbs. And I don't think you're weird! Maybe it's because I am weird too? ahaha.

SO. This week has been super stressful. I live in community housing, and I'm on welfare with my mom, so that's stressful enough. However, this week, there were gunshots on Sunday, Monday and Thursday nights. It hasn't been this bad in a really long time. I've only lived here for 5 years, and it was a bit scary when I first moved here. But then the police cleaned alot of it up in my 2nd and 3rd year at this place. Up until now it's been relatively fine. I mean of course there's drug users and weed smokers. But the people are nice, and don't hurt people. But now adays I get scared walking home at night, because I get home around 10pm, and the shots have been going on from 11-12pm. I live close to the bus stop, but even then, the Thursday shots were LITTERALLY behind my backyard, and if not then directly on the opposite side of my complex.

Anywho, I'm fine, just a bit freaked out. I have had lots of fun with my boyfriend though, just hanging around And I just finished my workout for today. I did Ripped in 30 this time, and now I can certainly say it makes me sweat more than 30 day shred. But I feel like I can do so much more of the video. I've only done it 2 times, but I can get deeper into my squats, and certain other moves don't tire me out as much which is always good

Ok that's it

Happy Victoria Day Weekend everybody!!