Old 11-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I will post my final weight tomorrow. It won’t be pretty but it will feel good to finish up this challenge and move on to the next one.

FassGal – thanks. I am currently working a smaller job that is semi-related to my long term career goals. The plan was to put in a few months to update my resume then do a serious “real job” search in April/May. Then I came across this job ad and had to apply. I hate the waiting game. I’m doing my best to let go and know that things happen the way they are supposed to. If it’s meant to be it’s meant to be.

I have been training for a 5 mile race on Saturday. My running is going better than ever. Unfortunately I couldn’t run today because of rain.

Countrybarbie24 No one will laugh at you. The whole vibe of these challenges is incredibly supportive. Posting your weight every week and owning up to the number (whatever it is) makes such a difference. You eat more consciously even when your being “bad.” Just stick with it and you’ll do great .
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:28 AM   #182  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
I will post my final weight tomorrow. It won’t be pretty but it will feel good to finish up this challenge and move on to the next one.

I hate the waiting game. I’m doing my best to let go and know that things happen the way they are supposed to. If it’s meant to be it’s meant to be.

I have been training for a 5 mile race on Saturday. My running is going better than ever. Unfortunately I couldn’t run today because of rain.
I agree with everything you said. As for the running... do you have access to an indoor track? Back in my running days, the indoor track at the gym would save me, especially during the fall and winter months. Running on an indoor track was more fun (this one had built in hills) and was easier on my knees than a treadmill.

Last edited by FassGal; 11-17-2011 at 04:29 AM.
FassGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #183  
Country Girl Fresh

S/C/G: 325/313/195

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
Countrybarbie24 No one will laugh at you. The whole vibe of these challenges is incredibly supportive. Posting your weight every week and owning up to the number (whatever it is) makes such a difference. You eat more consciously even when your being “bad.” Just stick with it and you’ll do great .
Thanks. I am afraid of people knowing that I gain weight. I guess it time to let go of that fear. I am coming to realize that rather or not what my weight is I need to own up to it. I need something to get me out this mind set. I never go anywhere cause my bf has the car cause he the one that works. I sit home literally all day 5-6 days a week not getting out the house(going anywhere) so the temptations and emotions are here.

I have joined the 6 week challenge so I am hoping that will keep me in track this holiday season. I can't reject the yummys of this Christmas and Thanksgiving season so guess portion control and exercise will be my friend for the rest of this year
Countrybarbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 182/see ticker/135

Height: 5'9.5

160 this week...again...its ok b/c i had 4 slices of yummy pizza from pizza hut last night...eating healthy till thanksgiving now...gotta get back down to 150 by the new year
cat eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:52 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 216/182.9/122

Height: 5'

So close to under 200 pounds/under 90 kg!! I'll make it in the next challenge Thanks Scarlett!!
Cheece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 192.6/ticker/150

Height: 5'6.5

Ugghhh I was doing so well the first 6-7 weeks of the challenge, then I totally fell off the wagon! I'm so dissapointed in myself. I think my main problem is that I'm such a picky eater that I got sick of the foods I was eating. I don't like many veggies and I'm not a big salad person so eating healthy foods is so hard for me! Does anyone else have this problem? I am going to keep trying though and I will be doing the next challenge. Good job to everyone who stuck with it and lost weight. To those who didn't lose as much as they wanted- dont give up!
Samantha Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 02:57 PM   #187  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

@Jellybelly56, You can do it! Like you said, just keep trying. Sometimes people have off-days, off-weeks, off-months, so maybe the next challenge will be more consistently better. As for salads and healthy food, I also used to really dislike salads, but I've found that I actually enjoy caesar salad as long as there isn't any dressing on there. I dislike dressing, and prefer to substitute cheese for flavor. Try testing out a few popular salad types and see if you like them.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:49 PM   #188  

~*Quote of the Week*~
”We rate ability in men by what they finish, not by what they attempt.” - Anonymous

~*Challenge MVP*~
Serbrider

~*MVP Honorable Mention*~
my2cats & nonniebeme

~*Second Half MVP*~
Serbrider

~* 4th Quarter MVP*~
Serbrider

~*Biggest Loser*~
themilesawaygirl

~*Honorable Mention*~
petitefleur & Serbrider

~*Dean's List*~
themilesawaygirl
petitefleur
Serbrider
nonniebeme

~*5% Star*~
none

Old 11-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #189  

We did it!! :

The 29 of us who posted a final weight lost a total of 228.1 pounds. Seeing the spreadsheet all neat and filled in makes me so excited. Congrats to all and thanks for the support

Just a reminder that the next challenge is starting now so please sign up, It's a shorter 6 week challenge to help us though the holidays!! Then come the new year I'll start 12 weeks part 3 and we can do it all again (along with all the resolution junkies ). Link is below.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-s...gn-up-now.html

Doing these challenges has taught me a lot about weight loss and how to make permanent changes. Most of all these challenges gave me a great respect for how long this process really takes. Like most people I often make my short and long term weight loss goals way too ambitious. Seeing everyone's number's over the last 2 challenges showed me that only very few people reach 10% over a 3 month period. In fact 7-8% is pretty darn good. Seeing these numbers really takes the edge off the "I wanted these 10 pounds off yesterday" feeling. Thank you all for the great support and encouragement you exhibited. I can't wait to go it again and hopefully put up another 7-8%.

on and super to Serbrider you killed this challenge girl!!! Glad your sticking with us for part deux so we can see you keep it off and keep going

Last edited by Scarlett; 11-20-2011 at 11:10 PM.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:21 AM   #190  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Whoa... I really need to keep better track of the LENGTH of things... I was just feeling dissapointed because I'm still just 187/188...
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Oh I feel like I cheated! My first ever reward and it was as a result of going out and drinking too much, and not eating properly for days, rather than any real weight loss. I'm back up 4lb already, but trying really hard to kick into gear from this week. Hopefully I'll stop fluctuating so much and see a steady weight loss in the next challenge (perhaps not around Christmas though!!)

Congrats to everyone who's stuck with it and shown strength and determination. It's definitely helped me when I've thought about giving up, knowing that the support and motivation is here has picked me back up and renewed my efforts.

Good luck to all and a happy Thanksgiving to all you lovely ladies across the pond
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote