Old 10-18-2011, 08:59 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

I ran today for the 5th day in a row. My exercise has been great lately, but my eating just ok. Yesterday I threw away a great day when my dad made a late night sub run. It’s so hard to turn down the question “do you want anything?” I’m grateful to still be at 186 today, though.

There is some craziness in my life right now. This is my weight loss Achilles heel. I generally stop exercising and start eating when things get stressful. It feels great that I’ve still been running and have mostly been sticking to my diet. I now know that this is the most important time to stick with things.

Bronte155 - on the new decade!! I know that stuff is so motivating and empowering.

Khat – just posting your weight every week and being at least somewhat conscious of what your consuming makes a HUGE difference.

Rechyl – awww YAY for sweet boyfriends! That’s exactly how the first challenge helped me the most. If I had a tough stretch where my eating was bad, I’d get right back on track for my next weigh in. It kept me accountable. Now when a touch stretch comes up I know it will pass. Then out of nowhere I’ll have a week where the motivation is flowing. I’m getting more and more used to the ups and downs of this whole process.
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #107  
Not Giving Up

S/C/G: 147/ticker/fit

Height: 5' 0.7"

Down 2 pounds from last week. I believe it's just water weight from TOM. I still have not gotten to 5% loss yet but that is my goal for this week.

I have a 5K run this Saturday and the next 3 Saturdays. I think I'm ready for it.

Last edited by Ryler832; 10-19-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Ryler832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #108  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

*sigh* Weight gain. Not multiple pounds or anything, but I can track one possible source to my studying-junk food binge last night. It wasn't Cheetos, but it was chips, apples, and rice cakes. And too much. It was the first time I've had a binge at school, so I will just have to move on and prevent future occurrences by putting the pretzels in the closet. I've been pretty good and in-control otherwise, but I need to get back on that portion control wagon. Mistake made, moving on (to midterms) to better habits.

On a daily diet note, I woke up five minutes before class (FML), did the lecture, and failed in my order of coffee. Starbucks actually sells their products through our student cafe, so we took on all the weird lingo. No, I don't want a tall. I want a small. The opposite of a tall. But I fail every time at ordering it. And it was worse today, since I had just woken up fifty minutes before, and literally everything was going wrong in the part of my mind that controls speech.

Me: Tall...
Her: ... Of what?
Me: Um *gesticulation* of, you know...
Her: ...
Me: Um..
Her: Let's start over.
Me: I'll take a tall with ... coffee and... milk... of... nonfat milk :l

Coffee achieves the effect of taking away my appetite, like cigarettes so I've heard (:P), and I am currently facing the fact that I have confused my breakfast time. And my exercise time, since I need to eat something before I exercise. Yup, well, I will have to eat something now despite my lack of appetite. I'm going to go do that. / rant

Last edited by PollifaxFive; 10-19-2011 at 10:40 AM.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 PM   #109  
pursuer of joy

S/C/G: 198/170ish/160-???

Height: 5.6 on a tall day

176.8. I am holding steady or in a plateau, but I'll take it. I haven't been eating what I would consider "properly" because my life has been a bit more hectic and I've been using vacation time to repaint and clean and pack the house--which is up for sale. This is not a happy time and I'm feeling overwhelmed and heartbroken about the situation we're in (me and half the united states). I'm not making horrible choices, but I could be making better choices. Now that the bulk of the painting and cleaning is done (but not the throwing out and continued packing) maybe I can relax a little on the house stuff and focus a little better on my "me project."
124chicksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:50 PM   #110  

Today = 184.8, my lowest number yet

Hopefully it sticks for tomorrow

Sometimes when I string several days of consecutive running together like this, I see a decent drop without ideal eating. I don’t burn many calories but think the running loosens up fat or sparks the metabolism or something. I don’t know, I’ll definitely take it

Tomorrow I’ll take my 185 picture and add it to my progress pic collage. I’ll post the new picture on here soon.

Ryler832 – 2 pounds is great!! Good Luck with your 5K. I’m running a Halloween 5k (that I’m currently training for) on the 29th. I have a costume and am so excited to run a race in the evening for a change. I’m expecting a personal best time.

Pollifaxfive – I personally cannot handle having any of that stuff in the house (except apples). Even “healthy” foods can be trigger foods for me. The simple carbs get me every time. At starbucks I usually just say “a 16 oz coffee” and they know what I mean. I would try that. You’re still doing great. We all have minor slip ups and trips. Just stick with it. Rise above the stress and frustration .

124chicksinger - Just being semi-conscious of what you’re eating makes a huge difference. Hopefully your home situation will wrap up soon and you’ll be able to move on. You’ll have a fresh start and a healthier body. Hang in there the best you can. I’m glad you’re staying positive.

Last edited by Scarlett; 10-19-2011 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 09:32 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

Aww, Pollifaxfive, hope your day got better! I've definitely done the confused coffee order before--I'll bet they're used to it, since all their customers haven't had their caffeine yet!

Scarlett, congrats on getting to your progress picture milestone!!!

Last edited by bronte155; 10-19-2011 at 09:33 PM.
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 253/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6

hey all just came on to cheer us all on... I know everyone has those days they feel like quitting, have hit that damn plateau...or reaches for that all to favorite desert that goes straight to the hips, but we all will make it through losing the weight!!!!
shakaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:54 PM   #113  
LGW
#justfortoday

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'

Checking in at 212 -- I know I'm supposed to be losing...but really I'm just grateful that I am at least maintaining....I'm not where I want to be....but I am definitely not where I used to be
LGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:53 PM   #114  

~*Quote of the Week*~
“The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we fear.” - Brian Tracy

~*Biggest Loser*~
Scarlett

~*Honorable Mention*~
petitefleur & Ryler832

~*Dean's List*~
Scarlett
petitefleur
Ryler832

~*5% Star*~
petitefleur
Shakaboo
my2cats
LongTallBee
Bronte155
Belia

Last edited by Scarlett; 10-21-2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #115  

there's the chart. I'll probably clean it up in the morning so that it's less blurry.

Great Job All!!!

Thanks
Old 10-23-2011, 07:11 PM   #116  

The past 2-3 days haven't been pretty.

I didn't win too many battles with the candy bowl lol.

TOM is due, stress, uncertainty and lots of bad food around. Not a great combination.

This is really the first totally uncontrolled eating bout since starting this challenge. I cut myself off for the night and plan to get back on track tomorrow morning. Hopefully TOM comes soon and I can get back on my way.

The scale was only 186.7 so this morning so hopefully I can get back to 185.2 by Thursday.

Last edited by Scarlett; 10-23-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 172/148/136

Height: 5'7"

I've been struggling, too...things are super busy with school and work, and I've been dealing with some emotional stuff as well. All of this has led to overeating. My weekly weigh-in tomorrow may not be pretty!

But, Scarlett, at least we're still here and staying accountable to some degree...that in itself is a victory!
bronte155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:30 PM   #118  

I'm really posting this mostly for myself, to help me get back on track.

Lately my anxiety level has been though the roof. Little sleeping, my mind constantly racing and anxiety fueled candy binges. Hopefully it's just hormones and will soon pass.

This week I'll probably post a number so bad it shocks me back on track. I vow to face the scale tomorrow morning no matter what.

The weird thing is that overall things are going better than ever. The end of my living at home/job issues are definitely in sight. Out of nowhere, I got ANOTHER job (only a few hours at night) which I'm really excited about. I just found out I have some bonds in my name, from when I was little. Tons of things are finally going my way. Yet I've been feeling like a total mess. It feels so strange to have all this anxiety and not know where it's coming from.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Scarlett - I hope the anxiety passes. I empathise / sympathise with you.

I'm going to make myself go to the gym now. I missed the weigh in last week, with no excuse, I'm just useless and lazy. I've not lost any weight since I started my 'weight loss' goal nearly a year ago, I have no willpower, no motivation and I'm sick of it. So I'm going to go tonight and MAKE myself get on that treadmill and run.

Sorry for the negative everyone, just so angry with myself as usual. Hopefully I'll be in a better mood next time I post.

Really sorry.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #120  
Healthy student

S/C/G: 200 / ticker / 135

I guess something changed, because I lost more weight this week (so says the scale) than I have for the past three weeks. Hmmm, do I see the end of my TOM on the horizon? Because I would be okay with that.

Almost 40 pounds lost from highest weight! And if I'm being truthful about the highest weight that I have actually witnessed on my scale, I'm even closer. Six more pounds until 40, and six more pounds until mini-goal.

Thanks everyone for your great support, and by that I mean thanks for going after your own weight goals with such positivity and enthusiasm. Your effort helps mine along.

Last edited by PollifaxFive; 10-26-2011 at 08:32 AM.
PollifaxFive is offline   Reply With Quote