Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Red face Make Me Accountable in March

Hey girls!

I can't believe it's March, it has me freaked out hah!
I'm making a few non-weight related goals for this month - my eating of junk, even if within calories, has gotten a little out of hand - and I feel maybe that is what is affecting my loss (which has been up and down for the past couple of weeks).
I'm aiming to get more fresh and whole type foods into my diet this week - stuff I've cooked and know exactly what's in it. Fruits, vegetables etc. And I'm also going to make a better attempt at exercise - I think I've gotten complacent with having made good progress - and getting complacent is not going to continue the progress!
I hope you girls will join me in here for another month to help each other stay on track and comiserate if we don't quite make it.
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

March already! wow. I'm hoping to hit some milestones this month! Once I get to 179 I'll be considered a "normal" BMI and I'm aiming to be firmly rooted in the 170s by the end of March. That'd be exciting! Because I know for a fact that my self-image is remarkably heightened as I approach 170.

Accountability for this month:
-Continue to log my calories every day without exception (or burrying my head in the sand if I'm off plan)
- Consistently exercise. That means Yoga on Monday's and a minimum of 3 strength training sessions.

Looking forward to another month girls!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:13 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I'm in. I have to keep pressing on! I have been a broken record for the past 3 months that I am going to get organized and really focus but for some reason I cannot seem to get myself organized after my move in Dec! So I also have a non weight related goal to get organized which I know will help me with my weight loss. Hopefully by the end of the month I will be out of my rut and back into my healthy routine!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:14 PM   #4  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

It's still February here, but I definitely need to be held accountable for the next month. I'm only 3 weeks into my weight loss venture, but I've learned a lot about my body, my abilities, my fitness level, and my insane cravings for Marshmallow Peeps.

I too, am aiming for more fresh foods, more whole foods, nothing with ingredients that I can't pronounce.

Exercise and I have always had a love-hate relationship. Now that I actually want to exercise, since it does make me feel good, I find that I NEVER have time. There's always something going on in my life where I just can't find the time and that needs to change.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 450/ticker/350

Height: 5'6

it's still february here, so I still have one more day to eat a couple pieces of candy before I quit completely~ yay!
P H A T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #6  

Height: 5'5"

I'm new here but would love to join in. I am good for a few days, then let stress get to me and I binge for a few days, and repeat it all over again...not anymore! I am going to end February on a good note, and bring that momentum into March and not slip up this time.

My goals:
- STICK TO MY CALORIE LIMITS! If I want to eat more, I'm going to get off my butt and exercise to earn those extra calories.
- Don't let food be my stress reliever. It feels good initially, then makes me feel absolutely horrible. Not worth it.

Alright March, I'm ready for you!!
christiina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #7  

prepping Wow I never noticed how tall you were until you posted about being normal BMI at 179! It's so crazy how the BMI changes due to height...I'm still not sure I believe it's an accurate way to measure "healthy or normal" but I guess it's at least some sort of other way to measure things! I'm still a long way off a "normal" BMI :/

Kay Good luck with getting organized and back on track! You can do it!

Laneyy It's great that you want to exercise! I think the key is making time for it - treat it like... something else that you can't skip. Like...work or something. I'm terrible with exercise at the moment, I was really into it when I started off but as I've progressed I've gotten slacker and slacker - I need to pick back up again!

PHAT If you think you can quit candy completely and not miss it - more power to you - but I find allowing things like candy/chocolate into my eating habits on occasion actually help me and prevent me from craving and then ultimately eating way more than I should of a certain thing.

monster Welcome! Sounds like you've got a good couple of goals for the month!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

I'd love to join! It always makes me feel more committed to outline my plans to others, and have a place to talk about them/be accountable.

Eating goals:
-Avoid binges
-Eat when hungry, don't when I'm not
-Do not fixate on calories and counting
-Journal about my emotions when I'm eating for reasons other than true hunger
-Purchase only healthy/whole foods
-Eat treats/junk only when out with friends, in reasonable, non-bingey amounts

Exercise goals:
-Complete my Bikram Yoga "challenge" (i.e., use up 11 more classes by end of March)
-Continue to run 2-3 times per week, with goal of 8K in April
-Incorporate strength training/Group Fitness into my running route in April

Weight goals:
-Reach goal weight of 115lb by July 2nd! (When I am a bridesmaid for a very, very good friend)

Thanks for starting this, Rainbow!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #9  

FPSJ No worries! Another member, sun, started a thread like this in maybe November last year? I can't remember what month...but we've been keeping them going monthly since then and they're really great as an alternative to the weekly chat just to sort of keep a little more on track. Your goals sound good! I really wish I could stop thinking about calories and counting but I feel like that is the only thing keeping me from going on an all out eating spree.

Last edited by rainbowstripe; 02-28-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #10  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

prepping feeling really jealous of your height!

kay You will be out of your rut in no time! we are here to help. that was me all through jan and feb. I am feelin good right now "

laney I know what you mean about there being no time for exercise. I am trying and its just not there on some days!

PHAT lol

monster That is what i am doing lately/ No extras unless I workout good luck and welcome

rainbow thanks for starting the new thread. Isn't it amazing how much more you can eat when you make it and know whats in it? Your goals look good and I think your body might have just been playing catch up.

So this month I am going to put aside my previous lost lbs and just get going with it from now. I definitely have been hard on myself and angry that I was lower 6 months ago and wasted all this time. BUt life is hard and I have to just go with the flow. I didn't gain much back and I can just get back in the groove and push on. Summer is a good motivator as we live near the beach and my hubby is a big beach sport lover. last summer he made me get on his surfboard and wanted me to learn and it was fun and I really enjoyed it but I want to look hot doing it this summer! haha. ok girls here is spring and we are going to be rocking by summer.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #11  
sun

fatpants Your goals look good and you are so close to your goal weight so you will definitely make it by June

rainbow omg sooo long ago! what a waste! (Its hard to stop thinking like that)
Old 02-28-2011, 09:39 PM   #12  

sun Not a waste! At least you didn't disappear anywhere or fall complete off track - you've been committed since then even if it hasn't quite been going your way! And you're back on track now Your goals sound great. Man I wish summer wasn't nearly over here - officially I think today is supposed to be the first day of Autumn but it should be warm through March...though the nights are definitely feeling cooler now. I don't know how I'll cope through winter actually!
Old 02-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #13  
You mad bro?

Rainbow - I'm afraid if I treat it like work then I won't wanna do it :P Hopefully sometime soon Boyfriend will get a gym membership and then we can go work out together.

Sun - Don't get yourself down about what's happened in the past. Sure, I wanna kick myself for being 204 6 months ago 'cause it's making it that much tougher on me now, but in the end I'll have accomplished an even bigger goal, and that's something I can be proud of.

I just need to find motivation. And a cute pair of NewBalance.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:11 PM   #14  
sun

rainbow Thanks Its so weird that your winter is about to begin! haha so opposite I am so happy summer is here.

laney Thanks you can do it! What are newbalance? I have reebok runtones. They are comfy.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:21 PM   #15  
You mad bro?

Sun - NewBalance make the comfiest running/walking/really whatever you want to do in them trainers. I need another pair so I can walk (and eventually jog or run) outside or on the track. The ones I have now are specifically for indoor use on the treadmill only.

The treadmill that I've only used 2 or 3 times since we got it, about a month ago.... I'll get better about it, I just need to be more disciplined.