Old 02-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

Laneyy Haha yeah, I get that about making it seem like work. I dunno. I just find when I make things non-negotiable I'm more likely to do them....but I'm struggling with that mentality these days as well. I have New Balance shoes! I love them but I think I might need some new ones soon!

sun It is weird, but I'm clinging onto Summer. It is usually quite warm through March I'm sure (or at least I hope!!)
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

Prepping-- Sounds like a solid plan!

KayNicole-- Spring is great for fresh starts. I'm with ya...

Laneyy-- Yes, love the concept of fresh REAL foods. This is easy to do, and when we eat them in normal amounts, calories stay low and the weight will *hopefully* come off.

Phat-- Haha ohhh I had some MAJORLY good candy today... but, here we go!

monster-- Totally agree. Food feels good going in, but the aftermath is never worth it. We can do this! One of my goals is simple, but so hard for me: Eat when hungry only, and stop when full.

Sun-- YES! I want to feel good about my body for summer, too. The past is the past, so all we can do is keep plugging along toward the future!

Rainbow-- You can totally transition away from the junk and back to healthy stuff. Take your time, baby steps!
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 251/238/151

Height: 5'5"

rainbow Sounds like a good plan, whole foods and exercise are deff the way to go. You are getting close to goal, good time to kick it in to high gear and shed these last few pounds!

Prepping 179 is a goal of mine too! But it will bring me from obese to overweight, Im excited for you to be a healthy weight!

kay moving is hard, it messes everything up! I hope you are able to get it together this month

laney It IS hard to find the time, I find that I do not have a consistant time of day that I go to the gym, I just go whenever I can. Sometimes thats in the morning, sometimes it isnt until after 7pm. But I try to go as much as possible, and I think that is a far cry from the never that I went before

PHAT Deciding to go no candy during the month before easter! Good luck! The stores here are already full of easter candy galore- I completely avoid the isles but linger over the cadburry bunny egg display every time lol.

monster I am (was?) a stress eater too. Not just negative stress though, ANY stress. And a reward eater, like I "deserve" so have a cookie. . . when really I dont deserve that, it makes me fat, because it isnt just 1 cookie, and nobody DESERVES to be fat. So WTG on taking hold and feeding your mind instead of your tummy!

skinnyjeans How do you like the hot yoga? Is it any different than regular yoga other than the temp? Do you find the temp makes a huge difference? Im so curious, there is a studio here with the steamy windows and I wonder every time I drive by why you would want it to be so hot lol!

sun We live right by the beach too, and I REALLY want pics of me at the beach with the kids this year! There are a couple from last year, in my lame bathing suit with a skirt on it. I would rather have a normal bathing suit and not feel like an elephant when I chase my kids around. Surfing sounds amazing, not much of that here on the eastern north shore :P

I will be in the 170s this month and Im pretty excited about that But Ill be even MORE excited once I hit the 160s! My goal for this month is to just stick with it. Keep up the healthy eating and getting to the gym as much as I can. Im proud of myself for sticking with it this long, but Im getting nervous that when my rate of loss slows down Ill be discouraged. Ive never been part of a weight loss message board though, so Im thinking that this will help me work through that
Ishisnowcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:00 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 129.4/ticker/115

Height: 4'11''

ishisnowcone-- Hi! Bikram is in a 104 degree room with 40% humidity. It feels really oppressive at first, but it makes you VERY limber. You're able to stretch deeper, and it feels *so* good to warm up in this horrible weather.

You drip, drip DRIP sweat every time... and the poses are the same every class. You can google them, and there's youtube videos! It's helping me right now with my frame of mind, too. The whole self-respect and stay calm thing.

Try it! My classes are boys and girls of all shapes and sizes
FatPantsSkinnyJeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #20  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

So I think tomorrow (since I ACTUALLY have a day off!) I'm going to buy another pair of running shoes and see about taking a nice long walk around my neighborhood. Kind of hard to do around here since there's really no sidewalks.... But there is one "block" essentially that is just a tiiiiny bit short of a mile that has a decent sidewalk and where I won't have fear of getting hit or run over. Or I could always go down to Cornwall and take a stroll around there as well. Less chance of getting run over there.

Definitely looking forward to the new pair of shoes, though. I think once I notice a considerable difference in the way my body feels I'll be more open to the idea of exercising where other people can see me. I have the biggest fear that if I try and walk or run on a busy road all the people driving by are gonna be like "HAHA Look at the fat girl try to run!"

I WISH I was flexible enough to do yoga. My tummy and boobs get in the way. I wish they would hurry up and shrink already. Which reminds me. I need to take some "before" pictures.

And again, I ramble. Gosh.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:45 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the support ladies!

Sun- Thanks! and I know how you feel with the wasted time and all that. But I have come to terms with the fact that I may be losing slowly but I am still losing. I haven't been gaining it back when I get lazy so I am making actual lifestyle changes! Which I am happy about.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 04:39 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

Kay, You can do it! Set your priorities and life will feel much more manageable.

Laneyy, Life has a way of getting in the way of fitness. Itís a constant challenge of mine but I have found the most success by making it an unmissable appointment (like what Rainbow suggested). Yay new shoes! And try not to let the outdoors deter you from doing whatever you want. You may find that you naturally start incorporating jogging into your walk as you get out more.

PHAT, no candy. Thatís a good ambition.

rainbow, yup, I'm a tall one. Normally around 6'3" as I have quite the collection of 4" heels. And although I feel the same about BMI not being the most wonderful way to measure, like you said it gives you a starting point. Can't deny that I feel much better about myself when I'm in the "normal" range.

FPSJ, the yoga sounds interesting! I think the yoga classes that I do every monday are mostly focused on stretches. I've already found an improvement in my flexibility after just one month of going once a week.

sun, It's good to have a mental reset every once in a while. Leave the past behind and focus on the present and future! I did that myself when I switched to calorie counting in Feb and feel much better about my choices now.

Ishi, just make sure you keep coming back here and we'll do what we can to pump you up! When weightloss slows, that's certainly not when you should be getting discouraged. It's bound to do it sometime as you keep having less to lose! I still could def lose at least 14 pounds but am lucky to lose 1 lb/week.

Itís been a month since my last official weigh-in and I have the feeling I donít want to hop on the scale to see my progress. I just want to get my head away from using my weight as a measure of my success. So instead, Iím getting my DH to take all my measurements tomorrow and every 2 weeks after that. As long as I see changes there, Iím sure the weight will come down eventually. We'll see how that goes. And Iím going to try popping popcorn in a bag tonight! Just for the heck of it to see if itís any better than the pre-made microwave bags. Thatís my excitement for the day.
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:10 PM   #23  

FPSJ My baby steps are most definitely those, baby steps...already have had a slip up!

Ishi I definitely find that posting on here helps keep me going even through any stalls and stuff (which I've been fortunate to only have had a couple of).

Laneyy I had and still have the same fear of people judging me if I was running on the street/sidewalk - but I found out that I actually enjoy it a lot more than a treadmill...and my enjoyment kind of blocked out those thoughts. Not completely, I still get a little self-conscious sometimes, but I'd say more people would probably be impressed that you're doing something for your health and fitness. And the ones that aren't are dicks

prepping Yay, heels. I love that I can actually wear them more comfortably now - 4 inches is a lot of help to my 5'0" self haha! I hope the measuring rather than weighing thing works out for you! Sounds like a good plan and maybe less stress With popcorn, are you talking about in a paper bag? Or what? How does it work?

~So...I ate popcorn at the movies (but I feel like popcorn in New Zealand is at least a bit healthier than some places in the world) and then I went on to eat a McChicken. Not exactly fresh/whole foods haha. I was well within calories for the day, but that isn't the point. I'm going to my parents house for dinner tonight and my mum asked me if I felt like anything in particular - I just told her I wanted there to be lots of vegetables haha!
Old 03-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 184/181/160

Height: 5'11"

rainbow, I actually got the idea from posters on here. Use a normal brown paper lunch bag, 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels, fold the end over, moisten the bag slightly on each side, and pop it in the microwave. I'm mostly interested because I want to try different seasonings and spices and at a lower calorie intake. I'll be picking up some paper bags, kernels, and some sort of buttery cooking spray on my way home tonight. Think I'll experiment with either a garlic/chili concoction or cinnamon.

All of this will be after my workout of course. I'm having an earlyish dinner and won't get home until after 8 so know I'll be nibbly. Gotta prepare!
prepping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #25  

prepping Let me know how it works out for you!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:33 PM   #26  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

That popcorn idea sounds awesome! I need to figure out what I'm going to eat for the next few days, because instead of getting a new pair of running shoes tomorrow I'll be having one of my wisdom teeth extracted. Hooray... :/
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

rainbow hooray for new goals! you've done a fabulous job thus far! don't give up!

prepping you're so close to your normal BMI range! I've got quite a long way to go ( Boo for being short. I can't wait to hear about your measurements and weight!!

KayNicole Being organized is great! The trick is to just take an entire day and do it! I hate it too, but feel so great after it's all finished!

laneyy For only 3 weeks, you've lost a good amount! Exercise is never fun, but you have to make time for it, even if it means waking up extra early, you can do it! Try not to worry about what people think of you. At least they'll see that you're making an effort!

phat completely quitting something is never easy. You may find that a piece here and there isn't a terrible thing! It may be what you need to keep you going in the right direction!

monster willpower!!

FatPants I like your goals! And you'll easily make your goal weight!

sun it's important to look forward, instead of back. looking back may be the one thing that just discourages you.

ishi it's easy to be discouraged because your weightloss isn't as great, but just remember that the less you weigh, the less % of body fat you have to lose, so your numbers of loss will be less. But it's important that you keep going!

2 pounds, 2 days, woohoo! I did have a minor slip yesterday. DH went to the bakery for a snack and bought a mini waffle pastry thing and a bacon roll. Mmmm, I stole a bite when he wasn't looking. -_-; Shameful eating, ARGH! Nonetheless, it satisfied my carb craving and I'm still down, so I don't feel too guilty about it! I'm hoping to be down to 150 by the end of the week, hopefully. Other than that I've been eating OP and doing well. I still just hate how the DH eats McDonalds in front of me though...is it wrong to steal his fries and just make a run for it? Haha, hopefully I don't get that crazy.
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 214.3/200.4/150

Height: 5'9

February was a disaster. I stopped counting calories due to not seeing the results I wanted after a month and eventually stopped going to the gym because my work schedule was all over the place.

March is a new month tho and I have another chance to make a difference in my life.

I just happened to get a headache when my manager came into work 15 mins late (did I mention I don't like her? lol) She was 15 mins late coming back from lunch too, which meant I had to stay later (dislike!) I made it just in time to do a 45 min zumba class at the Ymca. I still have the headache and I'm worried I'll over eat for my dinner because I'm starving and tend to eat heavier things in the evening and then snack on top of it later.

Sigh - I have a feeling the next 30 days are going to be lonnngg
gnat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 07:56 PM   #29  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

fpsj Yup plugging away we are on our ways. lol

ishi Oh I totally know what you mean about last year's beach photos.lol I have a few and when I seen them I was like urg. this year I have two bathing suits. One is a tankini but with a open back only a tying string and the other is a bikini(whick I am not sure if I am ready for this year). I am not embarrassed of my mommy stretch marks on my belly just the fat. How many kids do you have?

laney I used to worry about what people thought about me walkin in public and think man that girl is lame! she needs to be running. But like rainbow said I love the fresh air and the view of the park so I was like when I am smoking hot they will all fall at my feet! haha a little vain huh? For real though once you have pushed through it it gets easier.

kay You are right and that is my goal for this month to let go of the past and jsut get to where I want to be already

prepping thanks wow a month of no weighing! that is resolve! I am such a daily weigher. hmm your popcorn sounds cool. I use an airpopper and with the calories I save on micro or oil popping i am usuallu able to put butter on it. lol Got mine at walmart for about 20 dollars or less.

rainbow ahaha that is always what happens to me I make plans and then poof they are down the drain whe never I go out with hubby. lol its my own fault. he could do without popcorn or anything. yucky on your wisdom teeth. I had to take all four of mine out.

So today was good I ate well and went for a really nice walk of 4.5 miles around the park downtown. It was so beautiful with all the spring flowers...sunshine makes me sooo happy I felt so good today like I was when I was dropping weight steadily. I think I do better in the spring and summer in general. And now with my daughter going to school I want to go for a walk after I drop her off to make sure I get atleast 3 days of exercise in. Hope you ladies have a great evening
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 08:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 247/197/175

Height: 5'6

This month I'm going to start getting up early to MAKE my breakfast instead of running 5 minutes late and running to good ol' dunkin donuts.

I'm also going to make absolutely sure that I'm at the gym three days per week, minimum. My trainer is fabulous and offered to train me once a week for free, I only pay her for once a month.. I better make it worth her time!
tinamariex16 is offline   Reply With Quote