Old 07-19-2010, 10:42 AM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default ~~Weekly Chat - July 19-25~~

Good morning ladies!

(Happy) Monday!

I'm back from the west coast, and pretty darn unhappy about it, but once I get over the jet lag (and get my run in later) I'll be better. I'm also not weighing myself until Wednesday - my eating for the past week isn't what you'd call "on plan," but I still made good choices without calorie counting, and I walked SO MUCH, so hopefully the scale gods won't hate me too much.

I also found out yesterday that I am going as the +1 for my ex at his sister's wedding in October. Long story short, we dated for 4 years, he was gay, we broke up, I didn't speak to him for 2 years, and now we're really close. His sister is having this huge, formal wedding Halloween weekend, and I'm being treated as part of the family. Its amazing, and will serve as further motivation for me to NOT SLACK OFF. I'm kind of excited about this, actually

How's everyone else doing today?

Haley - Those 3 lbs will be gone in no time and you will look super hot for the wedding.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning!

Stella - I'll let the west coast know you say hello! and you should be excited about the wedding! Sounds like fun!

As for me...oh what a terrible off-plan weekend. Awful. I feel gross. BUT, I went grocery shopping and here I am. Ready to start a new day. I guess we all have bad days. It could be worse. I could get discouraged and walk away, so that's the positive in all that. Anyway...work work work. Helping the BF move this weekend. Boo. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #3  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

It's been hard to keep up but I'm checking in early this week before it gets overwhelming. I really need to get back to using fitday because I've gained a few lbs and don't really know why. I haven't been eating any differently, and I've been super active. I finished my first triathlon yesterday in 1:29:33 which I'm pretty psyched about.

Stella-- ooo a Halloween wedding, that sounds super fun!

Ade-- Helping the bf move will be a great workout, at least
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:53 AM   #4  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!

My weekend was good! A friend that moved away in April came back for a party in her honor. She eloped with her Navy boyfriend (husband now) in May and then he got deployed to Dubai. We threw her a belated bridal shower and ended the evening at a comedy club. The comedians were surprisingly funny.
Also, I got to spend 2 whole days with my little man and that is always WONDERFUL!

I was hoping for a 2lb loss this week and lost 1.8lbs, I say that I was successful in my goal. Here's to hoping for another 1.5-2lbs this week!
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #5  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Forest - I gained a few lbs after my hike - is it possible that its just water retention? Also, welcome back

Ade - Oh, how I detest moving myself. I like helping others though. I can carry stuff, as long as I don't have to stress out about where to put it
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #6  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

stella- nope, definitely not water retention. I went from about 132-133 to about 137-138 over the course of a week, right after I hiked Algonquin. At first I thought it was water retention, but it's stayed on since then and it's been 3 weeks. And my waist is up at least half an inch, too. I've been back on fitday for a week now and I'm now back around 135...I'm going to keep going with this push and see if I can't get back to 130 or a little below, even.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:47 PM   #7  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Afternoon everyone! I'm just popping in to say HI and that I only have 32 days till vacation! WOO.

Also, I wish my TOM would go away. Being on seasonique, they arent as frequent, but... still, ow. Sigh.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #8  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm staying in until fall dangit. i spent yesterday out in 100degree heat at a wrestling show for one of my best friends and i shoulda sweated out another 5 pounds with all the water i was sucking down.
i did have half a beer last night and some nachos but frankly i was beyond ready for bed by then. this no soda thing i have no energy and no brain power.
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #9  
Ready for a smaller me.

S/C/G: 255/221/150

Height: 5'2

Good afternoon, ladies!

Stella- Hope the scale isn't mean to you! I made some horrible eating choices this weekend and decided not to step on the scale until later this week... I'm already feeling discouraged so I just don't want to know.

Ade- Sounds like it was an off-plan weekend for a lot of us! You're back on the wagon and that's what counts.

Forest- Congrats on the triathlon, that's awesome!

Jenn- How fun! Congrats on your loss, 1.8 lbs is great!

Kate- WHOOHOO for vacay!

Lissa- UGH, the heat sucks!

I told myself yesterday I was going to be back on plan and totally fell off. It was my most off-plan day since I started. I'm drinking tons of water today, going for a walk despite the on/off rain, and eating less than 1600 calories if it kills me!!!!!
kaelah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Hey everyone. Well I went out and bought some new jeans this weekend. I had been wearing a size 14 that I was convinced was a plus size 14 but now I'm not so sure. I finally fit into a size 12! And they look good!! I can't believe it. They are tight though so I have a long way to go before they are too big on me and I'm down to a size 10. I can't believe it, my next size is a ten.

I was pretty off track this weekend, I still counted my calories but I ended up going to watch the symphony play the music along with Psycho as they showed it on the big screen and ate out then, had a bunch to drink too. This morning the scale said 199, but it's ok. I'll weigh myself again Thursday and I know it'll say 198 or below.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 236/236/160

Height: 5' 8"

Hello Ladies,
I always lurk, and have posted in the weekly chat a few times, but I'm SO BAD at keeping up. However, I need extra motivation this week so I need your encouragement!!

Does anyone else think it's harder to keep on track during the summer?? I'm always out and about and grabbing a quick bite is always route to disaster And don't even get me started on camping........

@audrina -CONGRATS on the smaller size! I have yet to change sizes, just fit into the clothes I used to, but I can imagine how AMAZING that will feel! Size 10 is only one size away from size 8....crazy...

Off to 30DS, and it's 95 degrees, so hopefully I'll sweat out a couple lbs.
zarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #12  

zarra, It's actually been the opposite for me, I usually find it's easier to stay on track during the summer - I'm much more active, exercise more and the fruit and veggies are so unbelievably good that I can't help but eat very healthy. When the farmer's market end I tend to go back to eating junk food and eating out more and more.

Thank you for the congrats, it is an exciting thing to be a size 12, I actually have almost no clothes that fit me anymore and it's weird to me. I'm not sure what I'm going to do and I'm scared to buy new clothes in case I gain the weight back again.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 155/155/130

Audrina-- Congrats on your new jeans. That must be a phenomenal feeling. I can't wait to go jean shopping again when I lose about another 10 lbs.

Zarra-- I have a hard time staying on track during the summer too. There are so many parties and barbeques, and all. And even though healthy food tastes better this time of year, I still find myself eating multiple portions which is my downfall.

I'm still struggling with the whole craving thing/always being hungry. I keep telling myself hang in there till sunday because sunday will be my 2 week point, and I know that if I can make it through 2 weeks, I can do this! I really am making good choices. I've cut out all simple carbohydrates. My carbs are all whole grain and fiber-ful. I'm also not really eating "meals" but I'm like, grazing throughout the day. I dont know. Is it better to just eat a whole meal? will that help me feel less hungry? I also don't think I'm eating enough protein. Does that play a part in my hunger?

sorry for all the questions. I appreciate the help though =D
lifehouseluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:33 PM   #14  

I have dealt with my always feeling hungry cravings quite well. I too graze throughout the day, I eat larger meals for breakfast [by large I mean it's not a snack lol] and then a larger lunch and dinner. Then throughout the day I munch on food that I know is filling and will give me energy and fill me up, berries, nuts [but watch those calories], granola [again watch the calories] and I swear I'm really just not that hungry anymore.

Your body does adjust, keep pushing through it, you can do it.

Thanks for the congrats!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls...hope everyone's doing well. I have kinda slacked the past couple of days with responding. I've been reading everything to keep myself up to date, but haven't had much time to actually do personals. My nieces are up visiting for the week and I have had such a great time being "auntie mimi" and spoiling them rotten We have spent more time these past three days in the pool than actually out of it. LOL

They're here until the end of the week and then I am off to PEI with a couple friends. So excited!!!!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote