Old 07-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/188/140

Height: 5'6

I am having such a hard time keeping active and eating right. I have zero motivation at home. I was doing well for a while but once I go somewhere and come home I don't want to work out. I feel like if I just stay cooped up in the house I will stick to my plan. Ughhh I am just so frustrated with myself. Hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow.
Until then, good luck everyone else!
freshsteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:17 AM   #17  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Good Morning Ladies!!!!

Back to the grind this morning aka work. I really love my 3 day weekends.

As you know Saturday was TRAIN (the band) day. We went to the Listener's Lounge. Meredith and I were 3rd and 4th in line to get in. Unfortunately they started an hour late because they guys were late "coming from Charlotte." I have no idea how true that is.... doesn't really matter I guess. But the weather was really crappy all day Saturday so they may have gotten held up somewhere.

We were less than 6 feet away from the stage, front and center. They did 3 acoustic songs. I was really disappointed they didn't do more, but being an hour late they cut their time in half.

We weren't allowed to take any of our town photography, but we did get a mini "meet and greet" where the radio station took pics of us with the band and we got a pre-signed glossy by the guys.

They were nice, but I just wish they had been a little more sociable. Pat was complaining about allergies....I don't think those boys are used to the South east. LOL

I posted the pic up in the photo album.

The scale was REALLY mean to me this morning. Saturday was bad because I had pizza and like 5-7 beers.

Yesterday I was hungry ALLLLLLL day after an intense work out with the trainer... and we didn't have any healthy food in the house. Cheese its count as Lemon Chicken Crackers right? No calories?!!?!?
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:25 AM   #18  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Good morning, ladies

Feral - the scale will be back down soon, don't you worry

Forest - what length triathlon was it? My co-worker keeps trying to get me to do one, and I'm like eeeehhhh....

I also typically munch through the day - I can't eat just 3 meals, I get hungry and bored in between. I work much better having snacks or even 5-6 smaller meals. Its just how my metabolism is, but everyone's different.

So the gym this morning was a fail - I'm still jet-lagged and I was out late last night, but I'm going swimming at lunch and I think I can squeeze a quick work out in later before I head up north to meet up with a friend for a movie. The challenge today will be eating, as I have no food in my house and won't be able to shop until tomorrow afternoon.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #19  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Feral-- oh yay Train day finally came! Glad you got great spots and enjoyed some tasty pizza and beers...most of that is probably salt and water retention; jumping up and down at a concert can burn a lot. ETA: nice avatar--love the highlights!

Stella-- it was a sprint distance (but not quite the official 750m/20k/5k). 600yd swim, 14mi bike, 3.1mi run. My splits were 10:23--45:51--30:18. I really wanted to get my run under half an hour, but my legs felt like rocks for the first half of it, so I guess I can't be too upset since at least I was running faster than 10-minute miles after all that exertion. Oddly for me the swim was actually the most fun part. I used to swim when I was a kid but I never swim laps anymore, and I just swam 3 times before the race to practice--once in the pool, once in my creek, and once in the lake, and it ended up being my best segment. It was really fun--a total free for all; no one had good form which is maybe why I liked it (edit: also, you're allowed to draft). Out of nearly 300 people, I came in 169 overall, 155 in the bike, 229 in the run (eek), and 106 in the swim. So if you can stomach a lot of people being better than you at running (and really, no one but you cares and it's really fun anyway. When people pass you you just encourage them and they usually say something encouraging back. And every time someone passed me running, I thought to myself, well that just means I swam and biked faster than you :P) then you should absolutely do it!

kaelah--getting through your first off-plan day is an accomplishment though, bc you're going to have off plan days and knowing you can get back on track right away is a great feeling.

chele--I've always wanted to go to PEI...have fun!!

Last edited by forestroad; 07-20-2010 at 10:24 AM.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #20  

Side note: sorry for being rude and not doing personals. It's actually pretty busy at work this morning and I couldn't go back and do 2 pages.

Forest - I'm so proud of you! I saw your pic in the photo album! That's awesome! I'm glad you had fun!!!!!

Stella - I hope you don't have cheese itz. That's what got me in trouble yesterday. LOL

I'm sure it is water retention from my shoulder hurting and everything being so damn high in sodium.

Back on track.... gotta make it happen!
Old 07-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #21  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

hope y'all have a good day today
i need some coffee i gotta get used to this feeling of dragging since giving up soda. which btw my husband still buys it for me but he drinks it instead silly man
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 11:16 AM   #22  
Brighter than the moon!

Forest - that sounds rad! I've been sporadically swimming at lunch, and I picked running back up, but I've slipped in spinning. I love it, I just want to listen to my own music lately. And when I run it clears my mind of other things that are swimming around, its too easy to let it wander during spin. I'll pick it back up again.

Feral - I have no snacks whatsoever. Which is good and bad. I'm trying to have some gum. Tomorrow after work I'll be better prepared for life.
Old 07-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Good morning! Hope everyone has a wonderful day! (sorry for the short post...kind of an off couple days for me)
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/190/147

Height: 5'7"

Morning everyone. Glad you had fun at the concert Feral, bummer that the band couldn't make it on time for the show though.

I've been having a bad few days, just really down in the dumps, but I've gone to boot camp both days of the week so far and stuck to my calories like I planned, so go me.

Tired, and not motivated to work today.
audrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: highest 191/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Feral - Are you in Raleigh? I heard them advertising the Train concert on the radio this weekend and I thought of you!

For me (and South Beachers in general) 3 small meals with 2 snacks works for me. Typical day for me. - 2 eggs and 2 turkey sausage links for breakfast, some nuts for a snack, protein and veggies for lunch, string cheese for snack (I sometime skip this snack because I am either busy or just not hungry) then protein and veggie for dinner. I occassionally add some carbs in there. For dessert I have a SF popsicle, SF fudgesicle or SF pudding. The pudding is kind of filling so that is a good dessert if you need topped off a little bit.

Just another day at work for me. Got my hair cut at lunch time (yay!). Jazzercise is tonight at 6:30 so i'll get to run home, change, get my boys (hubby and 1 year old) set for dinner then head to class. I hate missing that time with my LO, but i just keep reminding myself that its giving him a healthier, more energetic mommy and it gives DH time spend with LO one-on-one.

Also, YAY for smaller sizes!!! I'm in between a 10 and 12 right now. I have a pair of $200 Paige jeans that I bought a few years ago, I am rarely able to wear them as they are my "skinny" jeans. They fit PERFECTLY! I wore them to a party on Saturday and got so many compliments. The bad part is that they are not going to fit me for much longer Most of my work clothes are getting too big too. I have to wear a lot of suits, and I just can't afford to replace all of them
jenn33082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:05 PM   #26  
Brighter than the moon!

Jenn - Consignment shops! I bring my old, too big clothes there. I don't get a huge return on them, but some cash is better than no cash
Old 07-20-2010, 01:18 PM   #27  

Jenn, congrats on being able to get into those jeans!

I'm actually having the same problem as you right now. I'm wearing the same clothes I was wearing when I was a size 18 and I'm now a size 12. I'm just swimming in them. Even though many of my clothes are holey and worn out I haven't been able to afford to replace them. As I lose the weight I've been throwing away my clothes [like shedding an old skin] and I'm down to maybe 10 things hanging in my closet. No jackets that fit me ... it's frustrating.

I know many people get excited when they need new clothes but when you're as broke as I am, while it IS a good thing, it causes a lot of anxiety for me.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #28  

Alright Ladies - we gotta pick ourselves back up. Dust our boots off and get back on the POSITIVITY TRAIN! [heheh I know you guys are tired of that word coming from me... sorry!]

So we've had a couple of off days - we have 2 choices. We can wallow in self pity and continue to make crappy decisions or we can get back on track and rectify our situations. I choose to be PROACTIVE. How about you?!

Audrina - it happens. So be it. The weather was crappy so that may have been part of it. Either way I should be glad I had the opportunity, short lived or not. I know money is tight (and truth be told I have no idea how much this would cost) but have you thought about having your old clothes tailored? Like if you have dress clothes or work clothes you could have them taken in rather than buying all new clothes? Or do you know someone who is REALLY great with a sewing machine? Just a thought.

Jenn - I sure am. I take it you're in the area? Thanks for reminding me I need to be eating SF popsicles rather than munching on left over Fiber One bars that have too much sugar in them. And CONGRATS on the jeans! I've never owned a pair of really expensive designer jeans. When I hit goal I am TOTALLY buying myself a pair. I bet you looked GREAT!
Old 07-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

Feral - you are right! Thank you! That's what I needed. I'm so on the positive train with you!
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #30  

Feral, I try to have that attitude too, the best time to do something about it is RIGHT NOW. Not in the future, but right at this very moment.

I have looked into having some of my clothes tailored, and I will for a pair of pants and a nice jacket, but to be honest, most of my clothes are POS. I spent so much time trying to hide my body that I would just buy whatever fit, so the clothes aren't really worth having tailored.

I'm really blessed that my mother is very supportive of these changes and will buy me some clothes, but I try to buy at the thrift store when I can and am in transition because lets face it -- in 20 lbs the clothes will again, not fit.

I've never owned designer jeans either. That's one of the things I'm going to buy for myself when I'm at my goal weight, but for now it's Levis all the way!