Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:10 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 199/188.5/125

Height: 4''11

First name: Alisha

Geographical location: West Texas

Marital Status: married

Children/Ages: i dont have any of my own but i am taking care of my awesome nephew

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: cake decorating, cooking, spending time with my family, shopping, crafts,

Height:4'11

Eye/Hair Color: brown/ brown
Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 18, 2009

Starting Weight: 199lb

Present Weight: 194lb

Goal Weight: 125lb

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i am Italian so we love to cook and eat!!! i do cakes also and its so hard not to lick the spoon

Following any specific plan: Metabolic research center

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I AM GOING TO STAY FOCUSED THIS TIME!!!

Anything else you would like to share with us: So happy to have found this site its going to help me achieve my weight loss goal !!!
Old 08-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #362  

S/C/G: 330+(?)/330(?)/160

Height: 5'9

First name: Stephanie

Geographical location: Mississippi Girl (Gulf Coast)

Marital Status: Single & Okay with That

Children/Ages: None (possibly in my future, if I ever marry)

Pets: Not right now...once I move to ATL & get settled, I'm getting a toy yorkie

Hobbies/Interests: reading, music, live shows/concerts, twitter networking, etc.

Height: 5'8ish/5'9

Eye/Hair Color: Brown / Black Kinky-Curls baby!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: August 30, 2009

Starting Weight: 330+ (? no scale, so guesstimating for now)

Present Weight: same as above

Goal Weight: 160 (I want to be fiercely thick...not @ all skinny. size 14 sounds good)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: emotional eating....I've always used food as my bestie, b/c it was always there for me during my millions of different emotions.

Following any specific plan: planning & sticking to a daily exercise routine & calorie counting or maybe weight watchers...mainly watching what & how much I eat

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have health issues like - daily headaches/migraines, irregular cycle since it started, & I don't like needles of ANY kind so I won't go to the doctor or hospital b/c I'm afraid they'll say I have Diabetes & need to do the shots. ;-/ Sooo, I have to do something to prevent or possibly reverse this madness ASAP!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm a VIRQUARIUS diva trying to bring her sexy back for her wedding night (whenever that may be) can be EXTRA FIERCE....Ow! hahaha (if you didn't catch that, hit me up by pm & I'll put you up on it. lol)
Old 08-31-2009, 02:53 PM   #363  

First name: Mai Vy (pronounced like My-vee)

Geographical location: Ca

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: I like to cook, read, and watch tv. I love Vietnamese music and Vietnamese opera. I also love Korean music and watching Korean dramas.

Height: 5 feet

Eye/Hair Color: Dark Brown/ Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Aug 2, 2009

Starting Weight: 152.7 lbs

Present Weight: 150 lbs

Goal Weight: 120 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat

Following any specific plan: So far I'm exercising 5 days a week, alternating between doing the Firm workouts and jogging at the park.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I hated to run in the past. This time I started slowly and feel myself becoming a better runner and more able to enjoy it. I also have an important incentive for weight loss this time. The last time I went to the doctor my fasting glucose and cholesterol were both borderline high so I need to do something about that.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm excited to meet people on 3FC
Old 09-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #364  

S/C/G: 158/158/115

Height: 5'2

Smile

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Pennsylvania

Marital Status: ENGAGED!!!!!

Children/Ages: none..yet

Pets: dog

Hobbies/Interests: photography music musicals

Eye/Hair Color: brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: havn't started yet will be soon

Starting Weight: 158

Present Weight: 158

Goal Weight: 115-125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: i give up easily

Following any specific plan: gonna be starting the 6 week body make over

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: getting married may 1 2010

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 09-02-2009, 10:10 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

Exclamation me me me

First name:sylvia

Geographical location:USA

Marital Status:single

Children/Ages:none

Pets:3 chihuahuas

Hobbies/Interests:spending time with family

Height:5'5

Eye/Hair Color: brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:9/2/09

Starting Weight:219

Present Weight:219

Goal Weight:200

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: food! esoecuakky the unhealthy food!

Following any specific plan: a 6 week plan i got from my cousin!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:first of all i am doing it with my sister and secondly this site which i hope will help me along with a weight loss journey i am about to embark on

Anything else you would like to share with us: oh gee, lets see i would like an accountable buddy where i keep you in check and you keep me in check and hopefully we can become good friends who have each others back =)

Last edited by cheerios; 09-02-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #366  

First name: Ivy

Geographical location: Minnesota

Marital Status: Married just over a year now.

Children/Ages: I have five - 3 cats, 1 dog, and a husband! *laughs*

Pets: See "children"

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, writing, movies, music, Psychology, paranormal, and studying serial killers (before you get all ewww on me, it is what I am in school for - to be a profiler).

Height: 5'10" or so... maybe 5'11"

Eye/Hair Color: Green... and hair varies... right now it's red and black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 8/10/09 - this time around

Starting Weight: 246.5

Present Weight: 235.0

Goal Weight: 180 or lower

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My household - they love junk food and REALLY bad things to eat.

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am trying not to care about what those around me are doing and just concentrate on what my goals are - a lot easier said than done sometimes!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am an open book, so feel free to ask me anything.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 287.6/261.0/190

Height: 5'10"

First name (if you want to tell):Candace

Geographical location: Nova Scotia Canada

Marital Status: live in sin with BF

Children/Ages: zero

Pets: None at the moment.. but I really want a puppy!
Hobbies/Interests: music, reading, shopping,playing poker, reality TV( you know u all love it!)
Height: 5'10"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This current journey.. August 17, 2009

Starting Weight: 287.6

Present Weight: 275.2

Goal Weight: Working to ward 250 right now, then 225, my goal is 190ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat! All family gatherings revolve around food and it is so hard to tell someone ( mom/dad/grandma) that you dont want what they have made, feels like i am insulting them.

Following any specific plan: Started Herbal Magic on the 17th of August

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I know that I need to do this if I ever want to have children. I have tried a lot of diets and none have really worked but a friend that was on Herbal Magic did so amazing that I knew I had to do it. I am ready to do this.
Anything else you would like to share with us: My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 years and are moving into a new place this weekend. I am going to make sure that there is NO junk in the house and he is ok with that. He is really amazing and is there for me 100% and I am so greatful( except when he wont give me ONE french fry, but I will thank him later). I think this board will be a great asset and will help to get me where I want to be. All of the girls seem to know where I am comming from and I will not have to feel embarrased to ask questions becasue I know someone else probably has the same one!
Old 09-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 270/185/150

First name: Kelli (call me Elli)

Geographical location: Iowa, USA

Children/Ages: none

Occupation: Self employed Etsy seller, with a part time job at a local antique shop.

Pets: Aphrodite (black cat), Molly (Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) and Pacman (a spoiled Maltese)

Hobbies/Interests: Music, Reading, Hanging with friends, Travel, Movies, Crafting, ect.

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sept 1st.

Starting Weight: 259

Present Weight: 254 (5 lbs so soon?!)

Goal Weight: My main goal is 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying motivated! Too many temptations!

Following any specific plan: I am starting with ediets Fresh Meal Delivery Plan... and hoping that I can stick to it for a year.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: It's just time. I am in my mid 20's now, and I would like to meet someone and get married, and I can't really be comfortable in a relationship until I can be comfortable with myself.

Anything else you would like to share with us: So far I actually like ediets, I haven't even been tempted to cheat!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:50 AM   #369  
Never More Than Today!

S/C/G: 192/149.8/135

First name: Kurri

Geographical location: New Jersey

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: 2 parakeets--Basil and Brinch, a 8 yr old pomeranian-- Fozzy and a soon to be 7 yr old Beagle--Sully

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, photography, photoshopping (lol yes, I HAVE made myself thinner hah) and watching Psych (favorite show ever!!!!)

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/green eyes and Brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 26, 2008

Starting Weight: 192 lbs

Present Weight: 176lbs

Goal Weight: 135 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Overeating junk foods and skipping meals.

Following any specific plan: Cutting out 95% of the junk I eat. When I eat "normal food" I don't over indulge as much. Exercising for at least half an hour at least four days a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Last time I dieted, it was AFTER seeing myself in a dress at my cousin's wedding and realizing how big I was. This time I'm preparing for another cousin's wedding. I guess the difference is I have a goal date and weight!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just need to do this.

Last edited by KurLEQ; 12-07-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

First name:

Geographical location: Canada

Marital Status: Common-law

Children/Ages: NA

Pets: Beautiful Shiba Inu

Hobbies/Interests: Weightlifting, cooking, reading

Eye/Hair Color: Green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Sometime in late January 2005

Starting Weight: Around 155-160 (probably higher)

Present Weight: Around 121-123

Goal Weight: NA (goals are now fitness related)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Consistency with exercise

Following any specific plan: 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fats, Olympic weightlifting 3x per week, cardio 2x per week, one treat per week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I am now focused on physical strength and health rather than a number on a scale. "No more skinny fat!"

Anything else you would like to share with us: I have been maintaining for almost five years. I think I've got it down this time.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #371  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 229/ticker/129

Height: 5'4

First name: Katie

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: none yet.

Occupation: Student- Political Science with a concentration in paralegal studies

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, and politics

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Today!

Starting Weight: 186

Present Weight:186

Goal Weight: 135?

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I like quick results and have a hard time staying motivated

Following any specific plan: Just counting calories and trying to excersise when i can.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I have more realistic goals this time. I don't expect to lose twenty pounds in a month lol.

Anything else you would like to share with us:
Old 09-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 190/180/150

Height: 5'6"

First name: Jennifer

Geographical location: Delaware

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: Abigail, 15 months

Pets: Belle, our fearless Rat Terrier

Hobbies/Interests: Chatting online, watching tv with my husband, and daughter... playing/teaching my daughter, going for walks, cooking, scrapbooking, sewing

Height: 5'6"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Feb 2009

Starting Weight: 190

Present Weight: 182

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: The mental... the feeling that I can't do it.

Following any specific plan: Eating healthier, not going out as often as we used to, excersing during naptimes (30 day shred is awesome for that)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I HAVE to lose it. I am in the military (reserves), and I have failed my pt test twice.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I love the support I get on this site, its amazing!
Old 09-09-2009, 03:03 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 154/154/135

First name: Molly

Geographical location: St. Louis, MO

Marital Status: In a relationship

Children/Ages: 3 beautiful kiddos! 4, 2 and 18 months

Pets: Thales the Lizard

Hobbies/Interests: Tattoos, piercings, reading, writing, my family, the internets
Height: 5 '2

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Sept. 8th

Starting Weight: 154

Present Weight: 150 lbs

Goal Weight: 120 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My boyfriend can eat whatever he wants, and he urges me to. I can't help it. I love and adore food. And my children snack, so I snack

Following any specific plan: Start to work out. Eat better. Smaller portions. Not so much booze.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a really good support system. The love of my life.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really excited to be here and hopefully I will meet some really good people.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:33 AM   #374  

S/C/G: 240/210/130

Height: 5'8

First name: Michelle

Geographical location: Washington

Marital Status: Engaged

Children/Ages: None.

Pets: Taco...my chihuahua!

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Hiking, Jogging, Riding my Motorcycle, Watching Movies!

Height: 5'8

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown//Black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/08

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 210

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Eating when i'm not hungry.

Following any specific plan: Customized.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Motivation.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Trying a new route, have never joined an online community. Was skinny all through high school, knee problems ended my workouts/physical activity but I still consumed food like I was running a marathon daily.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 230/218/145

Default Julie from OK

First name: Julie

Geographical location: Western Oklahoma...close to TX border

Marital Status: divorced and dating...ughhh

Children/Ages: I have 2 little boys JJ and Tyler they're 6 and 4

Occupation: just quit my job of 3 years to go to college full time!

Pets: my kids are my pets, lol

Hobbies/Interests: hanging out with my kids or taking them to do fun things, spending time with friends and family, watching football...texting takes up a lot of my time, lol, and surfing the net.

Height:5'2

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes, naturally dark hair but just went blonde!

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: today! (Sep 13)

Starting Weight: 218 lbs

Present Weight: 218 lbs

Goal Weight: 140 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have to learn to stick with things...I'm so bad about falling off the wagon!

Following any specific plan: sticking to water, cutting out fast foods and junk..portion control.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I think I've finally hit rock bottom and am ready to do it just to say I did...

Anything else you would like to share with us: I hope to gain a great support system from this..I think not having one is what has kept me from getting what I wanted in the past...it's hard sticking with something when you have no one rooting for you!
Closed Thread