Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 03:23 AM   #451  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

First name: Gracie

Geographical location: Southern Illinois

Marital Status: single

Children/Ages: none (hopefully someday )

Pets: 2 crazy cats

Hobbies/Interests: Reading fiction, writing, baking, photography, music, health (when I'm not in denial about it), dancing, bicycling (haven't done it in years, though, too big)

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: blue/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2009

Starting Weight: 310

Present Weight: 209

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: so, so many challenges, but the biggest had to be starting. I've never been a dieter, but I always told myself tomorrow I'd begin a diet. The beginning of 2009 I had some personal challenges in my life, and from that my weight loss journey began. Now my biggest challenge is avoiding overeating. My whole life I've been a major emotional eater, there wasn't a single emotion I would eat over. I've been pretty good about not binging but, there are times when it's really tempting.

Following any specific plan: I try not to consider myself on a "diet", more like a lifestyle change. I avoid processed foods, fast-food, basically anything that I used to eat. Now I eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, fish, chicken, and just try to eat everything in moderation. I also try to exercise at least 3 times a week (usually walking, and light cardio).

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This is the first time I've ever committed to losing weight, the scale always went up, not down. The first month was horrible, I felt like a heroin addict going cold-turkey. After that it's been easier, especially since I am constantly seeing changes in my body. Plus going down 5 dress sizes has been fairly motivating!

Anything else you would like to share with us
: I decided to join the forum for some extra support/motivation. I've discovered the more I talk about my weight loss and struggles the more motivated I am to keep going. I'm glad this forum exists and I look forward to meeting new people!
Old 12-05-2009, 12:33 PM   #452  

S/C/G: 260/236/145

Height: 5'4"

First name:Alison

Geographical location: Las Vegas, NV

Marital Status: In a long distance relationship

Children/Ages: none

Pets: none in this country

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, internet, walking, swimming, exploring travel meeting new people

Eye/Hair Color: Brown and green/ reddish-brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: hmm September 2005

Starting Weight: 260lbs

Present Weight: 200ish lbs

Goal Weight: 150lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: To realize that food is not the answer to all my problems, and also to stop blaming myself and start enjoying life.

Following any specific plan: Leading an active lifestyle to maintain weight, calorie counting when losing

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: not putting so much pressure on myself to succeed in a given amount of time.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Love yourself!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #453  
Esme

S/C/G: 201/148/130

Height: 5'3"

First name: Esme

Geographical location: Milwaukee, WI

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: Nope!

Pets: 1 cat

Hobbies/Interests: reading, knitting, music

Height: 5'3"

Eye/Hair Color: green/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2009

Starting Weight: 205ish

Present Weight: 165

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I love to eat, but I hate to cook! I also can talk myself out of doing anything, especially going to the gym.

Following any specific plan: Nope, just working out more, eating less and keeping track of it all.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I feel like in the past I always told myself I could put it off, but now I realize that I'm 23 and I am wasting the best chance I have to get fit!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am hoping being a part of this community will keep me going this time!
Old 12-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #454  
In it for the long haul.

S/C/G: 275/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Can't remember if I posted before so here we are..

First name: Rachel

Geographical location: Northwestern Ohio

Children/Ages: don't have any

Pets: Lots. 6 cats, lots of fishies, and chickens.

Hobbies/Interests: animals, computers, science, art, astronomy. i like a lot of things.

Eye/Hair Color: green/ light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: No official date, its been off and on.

Starting Weight: My highest was about 275

Present Weight: 267 ish

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I like to make excuses, and I have problems with motivation.

Following any specific plan: Not yet, but I don't see this as planned event, it's a change in how I live every day and it won't happen overnight. Portion control for now, cutting out the junk food - the usual.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm ready to stop making excuses.

Anything else you would like to share with us: This is my 3rd time starting at 3FC and I think that using all the great support and resources here I skipped in the past will keep me here. Like so many others have said, being involved here is sometimes all you need to get back on track.

Last edited by Phoenix301; 12-07-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:04 PM   #455  

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

First name: Amber

Geographical location: Ohio

Marital Status: Married for 6.5 years

Children/Ages: 2 Boys-Evan (3), and Levi (1), 1 step-daughter-Breeah (7)

Pets: 2 dogs--a Husky named Cooper & a chihuahua named Prissy

Hobbies/Interests: Sports--Ohio State football, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, NFL fantasy football

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: Green/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I started the 1st time this past spring (March 2008)-I lost about 17lbs, fell of the wagon & gained about 12lbs back. I started trying to lose again September 15th, lost about 5lbs, then joined 3FC on October 11th (when I got REALLY serious).

Starting Weight: HW-184lbs, Sept. 15th weight-179lbs, 3FC start weight-174lbs

Present Weight: 159.8lbs

Goal Weight: 130lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Mainly sticking to a consistent exercise routine & keeping my alcohol consumption to a minimum. I do really well with eating.

Following any specific plan: Calorie Counting

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: Having such great support and motivation from everyone on 3FC!! This time around, I don't feel so "alone" in my efforts.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Umm..nothing I can think of

Last edited by Amba Dawn; 12-07-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:29 PM   #456  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

First name: Heather

Geographical location: Mississippi

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Running, photography, boating, baking, dancing, reading...

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/Blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/23/09

Starting Weight: 213

Present Weight: 208

Goal Weight: 140ish

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My sweet tooth!!! I love cookies, cakes, you get the idea. My mom blames it on her obsession with Little Debbies during her pregnancy with me.

Following any specific plan: Counting Calories and running (c25k)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I realize that the weight isn't going to fall off in a month. I'm impatient and like to see fast results. It just clicked that for it to last I need to take it slow and steady.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm so happy to have found this site. On my bad days, it is so encouraging to be able to get on here and read others success stories.

Last edited by cabinwife; 12-08-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #457  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Default returning

So, i used to be on here all the time, haven't really been on much in the year and a half since i started medical school. I maintained between 160-165 most of that time, but was really really ill this summer and gained a lot of weight from being sedentary and ordering out and feeling bad for myself.

First name (if you want to tell): April

Geographical location: Manhattan, NY

Children/Ages: None

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: school takes up most of my time, it's like i'm not allowed to have hobbies anymore...but i've been an active member of my volunteer ambulance corps for 11 years, and i keep up with that...besides that, reading.

Eye/Hair Color: Eye-- Brown, Hair-- dark Brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: this particular journey? november 30, 2009. in general? 1993 haha.

Starting Weight: this time, 202. Highest ever 225

Present Weight: 196.4

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: my schedule; my class schedule changes daily, so it's hard to keep a certain time i always go to the gym, and with exams i study up to 20 hours a day, so food shopping and cooking is almost impossible, nevermind getting to the gym

Following any specific plan: my college roommate and i email each other every night, everything we ate that day, any exercise we did, and weigh ins on wednesday mornings, to keep ourselves accountable. We have a wish-list of gifts that increase in price, and each time i lose 10lbs or she loses 5 (she has a lot less to lose than i do), the other person buys the next gift on that persons list. No specific diet plan except accountability and portion control, but i am a vegan.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a long eating disordered history, and this time I am determined to lose at a healthy weight without fasting or severe restricting. My roommate who i email each day with my progress knows about it, and knows all of my tricks, so that she can let me know or intervene if she thinks i'm doing something unhealthy; i've even given her my psychiatrist's phone number. I am determined to be healthy, not just skinny.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Like the warning at the bottom of the page says, this site isn't medical advice/ not all factual, but if i can help anyone out with the medical knowledge that I do have, i like to try. I will be taking a nutrition special course to become a nutritionist as well in 2010.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 PM   #458  
TonTon

S/C/G: 260/230/140

Default Hello!

First name: Toni

Geographical location: Wilmington, NC

Marital Status: Not married but in a relationship

Children/Ages: N/A

Pets: a 12-year-old beagle/dachshund mix, a 2-year-old lab/shepherd mix

Hobbies/Interests: dancing, general mischief

Eye/Hair Color: Hazel/Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: January 2007

Starting Weight: 260

Present Weight: 179

Goal Weight: 140

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:
I am most definitely a compulsive overeater. Although since 2007, I've dropped a significant amount of weight, I've had ups and downs the entire time because of my poor eating behavior. Since the end of September of this year, I haven't been following any kind of diet plan and have gained about 25 lbs. I want my weight to be healthy an steady.

Following any specific plan:
starting the South Beach diet again

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I need to move forward in other aspects of my life, and I need to be healthy to improve my happiness.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #459  
~lovely~

S/C/G: 126/126/110

Height: 5'1

First name: Patty

Geographical location: Southern Cali

Children/Ages:none

Pets: 4 cats, 3 dogs my family & i are huge animal lovers

Hobbies/Interests: Jogging, reading, listening to music, love watching movies, loove everything italian especially the language!

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: brown/brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Dec. 7, 2009

Starting Weight:126

Present Weight:126

Goal Weight:110

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I've hit a plateau, I lost weight almost 2 years ago but I gained it back and just can't seem it get rid of it

Following any specific plan: eating healthier, cardio & strength training

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have a gym memebership and more resources than before and I have just come out of a almost 2 year relationship and I want to shed the pounds to improve my self-esteem and to be healthier

Anything else you would like to share with us: Just glad to be here for some support !
Old 12-08-2009, 10:27 PM   #460  

S/C/G: 285/255/150

Height: 5'7

First name: Catherine

Geographical location: Kirkland, WA

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:daughter 5 months old

Petsog (Australian cattle dog~Gracie)

Hobbies/Interests: Photography

Height:5'7

Eye/Hair Color:Green

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 3, 2009

Starting Weight: 285

Present Weight: 255

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: asking for help with my daughter so I can get a work out in

Following any specific plan: Just eating 4-5 times a day (hard for me to do with a baby) and working out everyday (plus I have a personal trainer 2 times a week)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I don't want to be a fat mom...I am ruining my marriage with my weight issues

Anything else you would like to share with us: I need this...I have to make my goal there is no way around it...if i want my family to stay together! I just have to!!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:02 AM   #461  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

First name: Maenad

Geographical location: Istanbul, Turkey (Originally from the USA)

Marital Status: long term live in boyfriend

Children/Ages: none

Pets:none--but i want one when i move back to the states!

Hobbies/Interests: Art, cooking, reading

Height:5'4"

Eye/Hair Color: Green/light brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: gosh years ago. I was chubby in high school and managed to loose 50 pounds during my senior year (from 155 to 105) But I started this weight loss journey in October.

Starting Weight: 132 lbs

Present Weight: 125 lbs

Goal Weight: 110 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: binge eating when i get emotional, alcohol consumption (both because of the massive amount of calories in alcohol and the binge eating that often occurs while drinking)

Following any specific plan: counting calories

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i am trying this forum out, seeing if having a support system helps me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: that's all for now!
Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #462  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

First name: Sarah

Geographical location: Tuscaloosa, AL

Marital Status: I have an awesome, supportive boyfriend. =]

Children/Ages: none yet!

Pets: 4 pet rats.

Hobbies/Interests: Running-- I am trying to get back into it, cooking, and trying to do well in school.

Height: 5'2"

Eye/Hair Color: blue/red

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: I have honestly been trying to lose weight since I was 11 years old, so in 2001. But December '09 is my first real attempt to do it healthily.

Starting Weight: 160

Present Weight: 160

Goal Weight: 115, or 110 if I can do it healthily.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: slipping back into old habits. My metabolism is kind of effed up because of the unhealthy things I have done to my body.

Following any specific plan: just diet and exercise for now.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: This time, I really want to do it for myself, and get to a realistic weight as opposed to being deathly thin.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a former bulimic/anorexic of about 7 years, so I guess I know some prime examples of exactly what NOT to do. I'm in a healthy state of mind now, but I still have to be cautious sometimes not to slip back into unhealthy thoughts.

It's nice to meet all of you!
Old 12-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #463  
Metamorphōsis

S/C/G: 220/ticker/117

First name: Justine

Geographical location: Other side of the Pacific

Children/Ages: None yet

Pets: 2 dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Reading fantasy novels, music

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/ Brunette

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: December 10th, 2009, but officially, December 28th, 2009

Starting Weight: 222.3 lbs, restarted few days ago with 219.8 lbs

Present Weight: 218.4 lbs

Goal Weight: 110 lbs

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Being overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of pounds that I'm supposed to get rid of *lol* I'm dealing with it by taking one day at a time.

Following any specific plan: Portion control with occasional calorie counting.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I succeeded in losing 70 lbs few years ago, then gradually piled the pounds back again. Back then I couldn't deal with my new body/ life and did pretty stupid things (both ED wise and mentally) and made bad choices which eventually led to depression. This time I'm (hopefully!) more mature and approaching this life-altering business better. And keeping the weight OFF for good!

Anything else you would like to share with us: Can't wait to see what I'll end up with next December!

Last edited by Symmetry; 12-16-2009 at 04:38 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #464  

S/C/G: 192/155/130

First name: Courtney

Geographical location: Florida

Children/Ages: 11 month old boy - Nathan

Pets: 2 cats - Bowtie and Stiletto

Hobbies/Interests: Playing with my son, swimming, watching movies/tv, running, cooking (thus the weight issue), traveling, writing

Eye/Hair Color: Blue/blonde

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: The day I gave birth! Well, not really, if I am counting the day I actually realized that I won't lose weight just by breastfeeding my little hellion. So I would say July 2009 (although I've always had struggles with my weight).

Starting Weight: 192

Present Weight: 155

Goal Weight: 130

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: I have zero will power when it comes to sweets, and my husband never helps. He can stay skinny no matter what, so he doesn't really understand that when he buys oreos, I will eat the whole package. I am home all day and I eat when I get bored, so I also need to work on eating only when I'm hungry and stopping BEFORE I get uncomfortably full. I'm good on exercise...it's how I've lost the weight so far, but I know that I could lose so much more and keep it off if I changed my eating habits.

Following any specific plan: I am trying to eat half of what I normally eat, but that has been kind of shot to **** this month with all the good food around!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: For one thing, I reached my all time high and I think that put things into perspective that I could potentially lose complete control of my weight. But really I am just starting to understand that I have horrible eating habits, so hopefully that will help!

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am really looking for a great support system! My whole family is overweight and my whole life has revolved around food. My husband, although skinny, tries to be supportive but is really more of a hindrance than a help because he doesn't want to have to sacrifice his food habits. I really don't want my children growing up like I did, so I want to break myself of my bad eating habits.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:46 AM   #465  

S/C/G: 227/218/189

Height: 5' 10.5"

First name: Nicki

Geographical location: Southern California

Children/Ages: None! & Don't plan on them!

Pets: 2 Dogs (Whiskey & Dixie)

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, I love the Outdoors but never get to see it!

Height: 5' 10"

Eye/Hair Color: Both Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 12/14/09

Starting Weight: 185

Present Weight: 185

Goal Weight: 155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: My love of good food.

Following any specific plan: Going to do the Diabetes Dtour because it worked for my mom & we have similar body types.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've done it before & I can do it again. But my health & my husband's health are my concern.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Starting is the easy part, maintaining the motivation is the hard part.
Closed Thread