Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #436  
Live. Laugh. Love.

S/C/G: 191.5/126/120

Height: 5'1

First name: Grace

Geographical location: Florida

Marital Status: commited relationship for 3 years now =)

Children/Ages: none

Pets: I want a dog

Hobbies/Interests: Travel, Shopping, Movies, TV, Reading, Cooking

Height: 5'1

Eye/Hair Color: Brown Eyes/Black Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 10/05/2009 when I started my lifestyle change but it's been a life time of yoyo dieting

Starting Weight: 191.5

Present Weight: 177

Goal Weight: 135 (eventually 115)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Losing motivation

Following any specific plan: My own plan (exercise daily and recording my calories on a daily basis)

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: In the past I always had the "I have plenty of time" mentality. Now that I'm in my mid twenties I realize I want to live life to the fullest. I don't wanna wait until I'm a lot older and realize how much time I've wasted sitting on my butt watching life pass me by.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Reading and seeing everyone's posts, struggles, problems, successes, joys, transformations is incredibly motivation and inspirational. Whenever I feel down I definitely peruse through the forum and realize I am not alone.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 PM   #437  

Red face New to 3fc

First name:Paige

Geographical location:Midwest

Marital Status:living with boyfriend

Children/Ages:none

Pets:dixie 3 year old catachoula/lab

Hobbies/Interests:i love playing volleyball and I coach a traveling team of 18 year olds if I could do it everyday I would

Height:5'4

Eye/Hair Color:brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:11/4/09

Starting Weight:198

Present Weight:198

Goal Weight:145

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:I love food! I love all of it. Its also hard for me to excercise unless I am playing a sport.

Following any specific plan:At the moment I am just trying to get motivated and stay away from all the real junk food

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:I have always been happy with the way I look its more about just losing my belly and inner thighs I want to have more energy and relieve the stress on my feet and knees.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I have always been kinda big but nothing where anyone has ever said anything and my boyfriend loves me just as I am and usually I crash diet because my ex's have always made me feel bad about it but now this time it really is for me.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #438  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

First name: Effie

Geographical location: I'm from New Orleans (go Saints!), but am currently at school in New York state

Marital Status: Single

Children/Ages: None

Pets: My beautiful and insane dog, Holly, and our moody and often missing cat, Angus

Hobbies/Interests: I love reading books of any kind, going to the movies, baking, museums, the history channel is a personal favorite of mine, just chilling with my friends, French films, traveling is my number one love, though.

Height: 5'4, I think

Eye/Hair Color: Dark brown for both

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: This is kind of difficult to pinpoint, when I left for college I was 196 (that was August 7) and when I next weighed myself (October 15), I was 180. On October 25, I decided that I wanted to do something about my weight, I bought a scale for my dorm room, and began watching what I ate and going to my school's gym. I was 182 then. I guess my starting date would be the 25th, then?

Starting Weight: Technically 196, but could also be 182

Present Weight: I am 178 now, I think

Goal Weight: 112, it is a bit extreme sounding, but I have really small bones. And my doctor has signed off on this goal.

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Going to the gym, and bingeing.

Following any specific plan: I just eat healthier and smaller portions, and exercise, exercise, exercise!

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I've got support (here!), and I'm really invested in making a change in myself

Anything else you would like to share with us: Um... I can't think of anything, but if I do, I'll let you know!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:33 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 240/177/135

Height: 5'5"

First name: Melissa Van Heck

Geographical location: South Carolina

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: NA

Pets: 2 Dogs

Hobbies/Interests: Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Playing with my dogs, Running

Height: 5'5"

Eye/Hair Color: Blue Eyes/ Brownish Red Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/2008

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 177

Goal Weight: 135

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not eating sweets

Following any specific plan: Low carb diet

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:
I have more motivation to lose weight because the difference I have seen and I love being able to go in the store and pick up something and try it on and it fits. I use to hate shopping because I hated the way everything looked on me.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I just need extra motivation to lose the rest and I recommend watching the biggest loser for motivation because I think it is amazing to see the people on there and the progress they make.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #440  
peace<3

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

First name: abbey

Geographical location: georgia

Marital Status: in a relationship

Pets: 1 dog - chloe and 1 cat - horatio

Hobbies/Interests: shopping

Height: 5'2

Eye/Hair Color: red hair blue eyes

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/1/09

Starting Weight: 240

Present Weight: 233

Goal Weight: 160 for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: will power

Following any specific plan: nope

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: i fee more motivated

Anything else you would like to share with us: this seems like a lovely place
Old 11-11-2009, 03:16 AM   #441  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

First name: Rhonda

Geographical location: Kentucky

Marital Status: single and luvin every min of it

Occupation
: RN and cheerleading judge

Pets
: None

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, traveling, food, dancing, shopping, family and friens, hair, yoga, running, quiet time, taking photos....a lot more

Height: 5'6

Eye/Hair Color: Black eyes/Black hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: Every day of my life: No really I offically started Oct 1st with eating better and constantly running

Starting Weight:
150-152lbs

Present Weight: 146

Goal Weight: 135 (would like to see 129 once)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Traveling so much and getting caught up in working so much that I use that as my excuse not to get up and work out.

Following any specific plan: Eating healthier with occasionally cheat days. Running/ChaLean Extreme for 3 months starting Nov 2nd

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I have done this in past w/o the ChaLean Extreme with just running and eating better(even though I was living with my family). This time around I have program (worth a lot of money) to work with and a couple trips planned next year to make me reach my goal

Anything else you would like to share with us: I cant wait to get to know others on here who are struggling with some of the issues I struggle with. Im a third shift worker who can find every excuse in the book not to eat right or work out. Im not trying to be skinny thats never a word in my vocabulary. Just in shape and healthy.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #442  

S/C/G: 282.5/282.5/145

Height: 5'7"

First name: Sarah aka Sari

Geographical location: New Mexico

Marital Status: In a fairly new relationship (4 months).

Occupation: Freelance Writer/Editor & Full-Time Student studying to become a Neuropsychologist (...many years of school ahead of me!)

Pets: 2 Cats

Hobbies/Interests: I love curling up with a good book, watching my favorite television shows, going to the movies, playing board games, shopping!, listening to music (and dancing around while singing along), traveling, playing and watching sports, pottery, painting (even though I'm not very good), cooking and baking (even though I'm very messy and not very good), taking walks, and learning. I am also a pretty big football fan...die hard Miami Dolphins fan.

Height: 5'7"

Eye/Hair Color: Greenish/Blonde at the moment, but I tend to change my hair color quite often.

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 11/10/2009 -- I've had many "starts" before, but this time I'm really going to do it.

Starting Weight: 266

Present Weight: 266

Goal Weight: 150

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Getting distracted. I've lost weight before in the past, but I always get distracted and end up sabotaging myself. I need to learn to keep my focus. (Focus is a huge issue for me in pretty much every aspect of my life...not just weight loss.)

Following any specific plan: Nope. In the past I never had much luck with specific plans, so this time around I'm just trying to make permanent changes to my lifestyle that I can keep, and make making healthier choices a lifelong habit.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I'm not trying to do this alone and in secret this time. I'm here...trying to get support from others.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Um, I'm a vegetarian. lol Also...I'm very excited to be here.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #443  

S/C/G: 330.5/see ticker/258.5

Height: 5'9.5

First name: Nabeel

Geographical location: Omaha, Ne ( moved here from Holland)

Marital Status: Single

Pets: none

Hobbies/Interests: Love watching sports, my favorite tv shows, movies, reading books.

Height: 5'9.5"

Eye/Hair Color: Brown/black

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/1/2009

Starting Weight: 330.5

Present Weight: 307

Goal Weight: 250

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Not being in control while travelling, emotional binging.

Following any specific plan: I am following the MRC plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I love the accountablity that this plan has and its really teaching me how to eat, instead of just 'trying without knowing'

Anything else you would like to share with us: I keep my efforts in a blog here:http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/nabeelmalik/
Old 11-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #444  
Mission to maintenance!

S/C/G: 227/150/145

Height: 5'9

Just noticed this thread!

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Philadelphia

Marital Status: So very single

Occupation: Full time student graduating with a Communications degree in May.

Pets: None while at school but 2 cats & a dog at home.

Hobbies/Interests: Shopping, swimming, teaching, music, going to concerts, hanging out with friends, curling up with a good book, watching any movie I can get my hands on....really.

Height: 5'8"

Eye/Hair Color: Green / Dark Brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: 9/18/2009

Starting Weight: 227

Present Weight: 202

Goal Weight: 160 (If I can lose more, great but I'd like to get down to 160 first)

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Keeping with it. I didn't get the nickname LazyBlazy for nothing. If I can find the easy way out of something, I take it. I've learned through this experience that there is no easy way out of weight loss if you really want to see results. Also, I'm not very patient when it comes to the scale, so I easily get discouraged when I have those weeks that I don't see big numbers.

Following any specific plan: Not so much, just keeping track of the food I eat and working out 6 times a week.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: First of all, I've only really tried to lose the weight once before, as I was in denial and actually thought I was healthy at my weight! But last time I worked out but I starved myself in the process. Then I used my work outs as an excuse to binge and then feel guilty about it and repeat the process. I've also told people this time around, and figured out that I've got to keep myself accountable or I start to slip and look for any little excuse to eat the junk food that I've loved in the past.

Anything else you would like to share with us: Really happy that I've found this site and I hope to stay on it throughout my journey.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:57 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 280/270/191

Height: 5'11"

Wink

First name: Corella WH (don't want to give out last name yet

Geographical location:Ohio US

Marital Status:Happily Married

Children/Ages:None yet

Pets:Rotty named Shadow, Chihuahua named Baby, Cairn named Toto, cat named Zappy, and rabbit named Bunny

Hobbies/Interests:Video Games, TV, Internet, Horror Movies, Playing with my animals

Height:5'11"

Eye/Hair Color:Brown/ (technically brown but red right now)

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:July 31, 2009

Starting Weight:285

Present Weight:270

Goal Weight:191

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Junk food, not enough support

Following any specific plan:trying to stop eating junk food, if i can do that, i don't need a plan

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Then, it was because people made fun of me, i always got picked on, etc, now its because of health, I know that i need to lose weight to be healthy now.

Anything else you would like to share with us:I have Bipolar Disorder among other psychological issues so things can get extremely difficult in my struggles for weight loss.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #446  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

First name: Bee20nine

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status: Dating a dude for almost 6 years, and 99% has been LDR

Pets: I have an outside kitty cat that we affectionately call Puff Daddy will post pics later

Hobbies/Interests: Cooking, Crotcheting, Knitting, Socializing

Height: 6'0''

Eye/Hair Color: Green eyes/Brown Hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:

Starting Weight: 311

Present Weight: 277

Goal Weight: 165 (managed in 10lb increments)

Biggest hurdle to in weightloss: Stamina, and or Family!

Following any specific plan: Weight Watchers, with a little calorie counting, and exercise regularly

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: My health and well being depends on this journey

Anything else you would like to share with us: I am a cool kid LOL
Old 11-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #447  

S/C/G: 180/179.2/130one day

Height: 5.1.5

First name:Jessica

Geographical locationoronto Canada

Marital Status:Married

Children/Ages:2 girls(8-2months) one boy (3)

Pets:i have enough kids haha

Hobbies/Interests:NO ONE REALY

Height:5'1

Eye/Hair Color:BLACK

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:Nov 14.08

Starting Weight:172

Present Weight:148.2

Goal Weight:125

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:Family gatherings!

Following any specific plan:Weight watchers

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Im not giving up if i binge just one day. Get back on the plan as soon as I can . . And these time I have a goal .
Old 11-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #448  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

First name: Alissa

Geographical location: School in Alabama but home is florida

Marital Status: Single but with boyfriend

Pets: None

Hobbies/Interests: rowing, reading, movies, googling things, drinking coffee, making hilarious jokes, etc.

Height: 5'1O.75 but I'll swear on 5'11

Eye/Hair Color: Blue eyes/red hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey: July 1st 2OO7
Starting Weight: 226lbs
Present Weight: 189

Goal Weight: 17O

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: Staying on the healthy eating train.
Following any specific plan: No, just general healthier eating and listening to my body. I'm going to try and eat like a "normal" person.

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: I NEED to do this to achieve my dream of the national team. I have a clear sight and am excited about weightloss.

Anything else you would like to share with us: I'm very excited about finally reaching my goal. I lost alot of weight in a relatively short time period, kept it off, and now want to go even lower.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:07 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 245/219/160

Height: 5'9

First name: Danielle

Geographical location: The Valley in Cali

Marital Status: Married

Children/Ages: None yet hehe

Pets: a cat-chunk and a dog-goup

Hobbies/Interests: scrapbooking, weight watching, movies, music

Height:5 10

Eye/Hair Color:brown and brown

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:june 07

Starting Weight:245

Present Weight:194

Goal Weight:155

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss: myself just giving up all the time

Following any specific plan: my own, not really then

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past: having people behind me encouraging me is different

Anything else you would like to share with us: im vegan! =D
Old 11-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 185/175/140

Height: 5'4"

First name: Lauren

Geographical location: Tennessee

Marital Status: relationship for almost 3yrs

Pets: not yet
Hobbies/Interests: shopping, spending time with friends,family,and my bf

Height: 5'4

Eye/Hair Color: blue eyes/brown hair

Starting Date of Weightloss Journey:
Starting Weight: 185lb

Present Weight: 175lb

Goal Weight: 140lb for now

Biggest hurdle to overcome in weightloss:eventually giving up when i dont see enough progress

Following any specific plan: watching what i eat and starting some exercise

What is different this time in your weight loss efforts than in the past:Ive tried this plenty of times but i fell very determined now. I have a twin sister that has always been the same weight as me. she just recently lost about 20 -30 lbs and i feel like everyone looks at us and sees that difference.

Anything else you would like to share with us: not yet.
Closed Thread