20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

KimL1214: My vacation was wonderful! I was able to spend some time with a few cousins and an aunt that I haven't seen in several months, and I got to practice my French. I haven't really used it in years, and I expected it to be completely horrible. It's not really good by any means, but it's not as bad as I'd been imagining. The vacation's kind of inspired me to try to move to a Francophone country next. Plus, it was nice to warm up for a change.

Thursday & Friday Question~ Do go along with the last question... How do you plan on celebrating when you reach goal?

I'm not really sure how I should celebrate when I reach goal. I mean, I have things that I plan on doing at some point after reaching goal, but they're not really celebratory acts. I think that just being at my goal weight and feeling good about myself will be a reward in and of itself. I do wish I could think of a really awesome way to treat myself, though. I'll be looking at all your responses for inspiration!

Last edited by Nienna; 11-04-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 198/186/150

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.

Today's question: I haven't really planned anything spectacular for when I meet my goal. I think part of the reason is I can't imagine myself there yet. I don't know what it's going to be like. I know that a new wardrobe will be in order. I'm definitely going to be rockin' a two piece bathing suit at the beach with my family. But other than that... I don't know. I'm not into tattoos and I've had my ears pierced twice and hated it both times... Actually I do have a somewhat unrealistic reward. As a treat for myself I'd love to go to the new Harry Potter theme park but since I'm a freshman in college and have no job that one's really up to my family. Perhaps I could convince them.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:12 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Ladies, I'm so upset right now. I don't know what's going on but I'm UP four pounds since my Sunday weigh-in! I'm freaking out a little because my calories have been right where they're supposed to be yet everyday I step on the scale I see the weight going up. I should be down another couple by now.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:29 PM   #199  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

stacylambert~ Everything's going to be okay! There are lots of reasons why your body could be holding onto extra calories. How many calories are you eating a day? Is TOM coming? Are you super stressed out right now (body can go into freak out mode and hold on to extra water weight etc.) Don't get down! If you're doing everything right, then results will show eventually, just may take some time. Important thing is to stick with it! We're here for you!

katybelle~ LOL, my parents are so worried about my weight that they promised to buy me tickets to Hawaii when I hit the 50lb. mark! I'm sure if you did some serious convincing... you could get them to get you your tickets.

Nienna~ Ohhh, I'm jealous! You could use another trip as a reward, one you've never done before, but always wanted. Shopping is always a good reward, but I feel like it's not big enough for reaching such a big goal. What about doing something crazy as your reward? Skydiving, bungee jumping, anything wild?

Tonight is just DRAGGING on. The food service company here provided dinner, and it was LOUSY! They had lasagna and wraps. I had a pretty good sized chunk of lasagna and a wrap... and I could have had more. You ever eat something that kinda stinks, but because you like eating so much, you want more anyways? Well... I restrained. I could have had more... but I didn't. The lasagna was made with those pre-cooked needles and they really were kinda pasty and nasty.
If any of you liked the Twilight series (yes, I am a closet dork, or at least I try to stay in the closet... but I have a feeling more people know I'm a dork then I would like), I just read a book that has me HOOKED! I just snuck into a colleagues room so I could steal the sequel for the weekend The first book is called Need, and is written by Carrie Jones... Kinda odd at first, but I LOVE it. Jealous of the love story (just as I was with Twilight), but happy to fantasize that maybe someday a guy will be willing to go to the same lengths her beau does, for me!
I don't drink caffeinated products... and I've had way too much caffeine tonight... can you tell???
Old 11-04-2010, 10:11 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post
If any of you liked the Twilight series (yes, I am a closet dork, or at least I try to stay in the closet... but I have a feeling more people know I'm a dork then I would like)
This makes me want to cry
Old 11-04-2010, 10:13 PM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimL1214 View Post
Jelbelle~ Hips pierced!? Ouch!!!

For todays question... I plan on getting a full back piece tattoo. I've been planning it for years, but I don't want to get it when I'm plus sized as I know that skin tightening can mess with tattoos. I figure it's the perfect reward!
Yes XD it is counted as one of the most painful piercings. But what they hey, right? You only live once, and you only have to feel the pain once! I'm also thinking about getting some more tattoos when I'm thinner. The hubby wants to get some matching keyblades, aha. He's a riot.
Old 11-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #202  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

I'm feeling much better! I went back to work today, and didn't feel completely drained... just semi-drained I am going to start my workout routine again tomorrow. Still feeling puffy, so I'm guessing I'm still sort of dehydrated. Here comes the water!!! Thanks for all the concern and well wishes!!! Very sweet of all of you!!

Peanut: Thanks for the Onederland congrats! I hope that I haven't digressed due to being sick, that would be awful!

Nienna: I actually do use shopping methods for my mini goals... but typically, they are things that can still be used if weight is lost. My first one that which I actually just hit this past weekend, is a new bra and panty set from Victoria's Secret. I have a coupon for a free panty and $10 off any bra. I will probably get one the simple, yet cute, cotton bras. They are not very expensive, and they feel wonderful! Plus I can still use it after I lose more weight. My other rewards are things like jewelery, purses, and things for work. I know, this isn't exactly the answer you wanted Hope it helps anyways!

Today's Question: For my main goal, I am going to reward myself with the Juicy Couture bikini that I really want. I think it will most definitely be worth the money, especially after working so hard!

Old 11-04-2010, 10:48 PM   #203  

S/C/G: 198/186/150

Height: 5 ft. 7 in.

Kim: Congrats on resisting the food! That's always a problem with me, whether it's good food or bad. I definitely know the feeling. And going to Hawaii sounds awesome! I was trying to lose weight before last spring break because we were going to Oahu, but it didn't end up happening. Hopefully the next time I go I'll have made my goal. And I'm not so sure about convincing my parents. My mom saw a recent picture of me on facebook and asked if I was eating because I looked too skinnny. I was like uhhh yeah of course. She seems pretty supportive, but I feel like she's worried about me. We'll see how it goes though.
Old 11-05-2010, 01:00 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

excitedtolose – I’m looking forward to seeing more photos when you get around to it. Have you scheduled that massage yet?

toastedsmoke – I’m feeling pretty good at the moment. I have a nice bruise covering my lower back and a few scrapes here and there but I’m back to my normal self now.

KimL1214 – The 99kg mark is definitely a mental game for me. I hit over 100kg when I was High School so that’s 7+ years ago. I think part of the reason is that I’m going to feel like I’m actually achieving something if I see that number come up on the scale. Sorry to read about your anxiety attacks btw. Hopefully you’re feeling a little bit better now. What type of design do you have planned for the tattoo??

Jelbelle – I was totally with Kim and the OUCH for the Hip Piercing. I don’t think I could ever be that brave and get something like that done.

Nienna – Are there any places on the top of your list as to where you’d like to move?

katybelle – I hope you make it to the theme park when you reach goal. Everyone deserves something exciting like that to happen.

stacylambert – I recently went through the exact same thing so I can promise you that it happens to all of us. You stay exactly on plan and yet the number on the scale continues to increase. It’s incredibly frustrating but if you stick to what you’re doing, your body will realise you mean business and begin to drop the weight again.

princessdi86 – It’s good to hear that you’re feeling better!!

Thursday & Friday Question – I hadn’t actually thought about a particular celebration for reaching goal before this question was posed. Maybe it’s because I’ve always thought that the goal weight I’m aiming for is unattainable. After the discussion on exercises we’d like to try I’ve decided that as soon as I hit goal, I’m going to go Rock Climbing as a celebration to my success. Hopefully it might cure my fear of heights at the same time.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #205  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

KimL1214: How's it going? Have you been able to restart 30DSlimdown? Good job on resisting the crappy food. I've definitely been there before, wasting calories on awful food that didn't even taste nice (re-heated french fries anyone?). My current goal weight is 207 (weight at age 17) because that's the weight I was after my gap year right before I started college and I actually felt slim then because it was the thinnest I'd been since maybe 8th grade. More on how I'll celebrate later. Also, I'm OBSESSED with Twilight! The other books in the the series kind of annoyed me (whiny Bella from New Moon, to marry or not to marry from Eclipse and my goodness the name Renesmee from Breaking Dawn- Eugh!) but Twilight, I LOVE! Totally! Even though I know it's not for my demographic exactly and I should know better (I'm a dork too, but absolutely shameless). So I've splashed out and acquired both Need and Captivate in ebook form. I usually like my paranormal romance much much trashier (currently reading JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) but I'll go for romantic innocence too. Anyway immediately I sync the Carrie Jones' to my Itouch I'll read them and let you know how I liked them.

Jelbelle: I didn't even know there were such a thing as hip piercings. I couldn't imagine what they looked like and was thinking things like "but how would she lie on her side" so anyway, yeah I googled and now I know. I think it looks cool. Yay about your YMCA membership! How's that going?

excitedtolose: How's the 30-day programme going for you?? Only 25days to go, can't wait!

stacylambert: If you've been totally on plan, you probably haven't just gained 4lbs... it could be TOM like Kim said or you could be retaining water for some other reason (too much sodium- sometimes hidden in things that don't even taste that salty) or you could be sore from exercising which makes your body retain water too. It could be several things. I know it's freaky when the scale throws up a high number you're not expecting, but calm down and know that no matter what, even in the worst case unlikely scenario that you gained 4lbs overnight, you've lost it before and you will lose it again, if you continue to be on plan. But like Kim said, it's probably water retention of some sort, so you'll soon whoosh back to normal or better!

oOPeanutOo: I'm glad you're feeling better! Yay!

Today's question: I have several little mini-goals but I don't really have any celebration plans for the mini-goals. Like the satisfaction of reaching the goal is MORE than enough for me! For my overall goal, now that's different. First of all, I'm going to go major shopping, it will be crazy! I have some money put away towards this and I think my parents would probably chip in a bit. (Haven't really gone clothes shopping since I started this journey because I went clothes shopping RIGHT BEFORE, so I just keep getting my 275-lb pants taken in, and shaping baggie tops, with wide belts!) Then next, I'll go travelling; I've finally acquired enough frequent flier miles for a round-the-world ticket (1 stop on every continent), and I think reaching my goal weight would be the perfect confidence boost to bust it out and go see some of the world I haven't seen before without feeling "fatly" conspicuous.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #206  
Army Medic

S/C/G: 210/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone! I feel like I've been out in la la land for the last two weeks! I'm finishing up my orientation at work, have just barely caught up in school and am about half way done with my exams...in fact I just had my biochem exam this afternoon. I've sorta fallen off the work out wagon the last couple of weeks I'm running on maybe four hours of sleep a night if that. I've just been so exhausted! I promise though I'm gonna start getting my sleep and working out again starting tonight I figured if I told ya'll then I'd be more likely to follow through. *crosses fingers*

As far as for reaching goals, I've started getting into sewing, and have started working on clothes. Even though my fiance and I won't be having the traditional wedding, I still want to have a special dress for the day. I'm looking forward to making the dress for the new, fitter me My mini goals are usually something same and it's usually based on weight. Five pound increments are easier to deal with lol

And on that note, I'm off to do some homework and then sleepy time for me I'm aiming for six hours of sleep tonight! I'm gonna need it to make it through work this weekend! lol

Last edited by stucky1987; 11-05-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hi y'all!

Kim: barely any working out this week.. spent 2 days cleaning living room instead (my house is a mess, so 2+ hours and still a long way to go). Got in a 15-min walk one morning. It was freezing cold (even the fat, white ferret was shivering.. he crawled around in my sweater and scratched up my pokemon pedameter, lol/grr). So far, this week, only 1 3/4 of 3 hours.

Peanut: I've kept ferrets for about 2 1/2 years now. Adopted my Weasel (black) June 2008 and adopted my Snowball (white) Nov. 2008.

Jelbelle: Your rewards sound awesome, but I want to see what the hip piercing looks like. I've only done ears, eyebrow and nose in teen years

Everyone's rewards sound good! New clothes and massages.. sweet! Never been one for tattoos.. too permanent for me My BF would love to go to the Harry Potter theme park... but wonder if we could ever afford it! :P

Ah, I also own/read all the Twilight Saga books. Of course we'd all like an Edward or Jacob My mom thought they were boring.. probably not enough smut for her, lol! She showed me the Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks.. I LOVE those books.. Vampire romance novels. Juicy good reads with good stories, funny parts. She may have up to 10 books out now in her series. Her website has excerpts from all the books. I wish I could have one of HER vamps

My mom wants me to go with her to a tamale fest tomorrow.. great... lol. Of course all good-tasting food is bad for our waistline I guess this'll be like a chili-cookoff but with tamales, lol.

Quote:
Thursday & Friday Question~ Do go along with the last question... How do you plan on celebrating when you reach goal?
Haven't thought about that yet.. probably go shopping! I'll throw away/donate all my tacky/frumpy clothes (men's sweat pants and baggy shirts, unless they are my band/concert tees)

Last edited by ferretgirl; 11-06-2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:18 PM   #208  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Well, good news is that I didn't gain any weight like I thought I did this week. I only lost 1.8 pounds, but hey, much better than gaining! I was going to go to Victoria's Secret to get the bra and panty set I wanted as a reward to making it to Onederland, but then I went to Ross, and this SUPER cute Juicy Couture purse was there, and on MAJOR clearance! I literally saw this same exact purse two weeks ago when I was at the Juicy Couture store for $85 on sale there, but I got mine for $30!!!! CRAZY steal! Sorry for those of you aren't huge shopaholics, or not really big into designer fashions, but I HAD to tell you ladies.... my boyfriend really didn't like the choice, he would of much rather had me get the VS stuff, but he just doesn't understand :P

Jelbelle: I have my belly button pierced... didn't hurt a bit! I got it done back when I was 17, and weighed like 110, and just never wanted to let it close up. I love buying rings for it I have a friend that has her hips, and she loves it! If I didn't have to wear suit pants everyday for work, I would totally do it!!! You'll have to show pics when you get it done!!!

I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:25 PM   #209  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

So I finally reached my first major mini goal of 81 lbs lost (which puts me right under the 300 lb mark!) Yay!!! This week has been pretty frustrating because my weight went back up to 302 and had to work back down. Then I got stuck for 3 days at 300 and finally this morning I saw 299. Yesterday I let myself have 3 small pieces of pizza for dinner. It was well within my calories for the day ... actually I was on the low side. It was just nice to eat some regular food for a change. I am so used to only eating lean cuisines and safe foods right now. It was good to see the scale drop even with eating something that wasn't that good for me. I know it is all about calories in and calories out but sometimes I get scared that "bad" foods will make me gain even if I am within my calorie limits.

Well just thought I'd share my little victory with you all

Have a great weekend!!
Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #210  

toastedsmoke: yep I think they look cool too ^_^ and the YMCA has been awesome! Started a Fusion class and Zumba, don't really care for the Zumba surprisingly enough. I thought I'd like it a lot more, but it's not as fun as I expected. But at least I have a gym to go to now and it's challenging me more than my workouts at home had been.

princessdi86: I wasn't concerned about the belly button piercing as far as the pain part. My tolerance is pretty high, but I was never the proper weight for getting it done. I just don't like showing my belly period lol, looking forward to the day when I do and then I can decorate myself XD I currently have my tongue pierced, but I don't like the look of most other piercings aside from the two I want.

I guess I'm the only one here who wouldn't want an Edward or Jacob. I'm attracted to guys who don't suck. Sorry =) I hate Twilight with an immense passion.
Closed Thread