20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 08:43 PM   #136  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Happy Friday everyone! Kim - I just gotta give you props again, you are an AWESOME team leader!

As for today's question:
I would have to say the people I am most looking forward to seeing the "new" me is ME! I want to be comfortable in my own skin COMPLETELY!

I also wouldn't mind running into anyone I used to work with =) I was always the frumpy girl in the office, it'd be nice to look healthy and fit after a new career change. =)
Old 10-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 235/194/125

Height: 5 ft 2

hi all, sorry i ent been around for a few days things have got alittle hectic at my moms house!
i hope everyone is well!!! ive been rushed off my feet this week from gardening to moving furniture panting and decorating to going for a jogg (wooo i jogged for 22min with out stopping!) zumba and shopping (for daughters school stuff) so im hoping for a good reading on the scale! fingers crossed

for todays question... hmmm id love to walk past a few ppl that have said id fail an show them there wrong.. also some of the people that bullied me at school.. but i just cant wait to see the new me

Last edited by bbg200; 10-29-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

toastedsmoke: We are so similar! Every time I'm with the other side of the family, I feel like they're always judging me because I'm fat, even though I doubt it would even cross their minds, but I can never stop thinking it myself. It's like that in all situations. I'll go out somewhere and 99% of the time all I'm thinking is "everyone is staring at how big I am!". And what I really hate is that I have always been this way, ever since middle school, and instead of turning it all around right then I just got bigger and bigger. None of my current friends ever even knew me when I was thin except for my very best friend who I met when I was six (isn't she lucky?!), and so I can't wait to be thin to show everyone around me, I think it would shock them! One I am thinner and I feel great about myself, I wish I could run into every single guy I crushed on and show them my new hot bod and all the great personality they missed! At my high school reunion I will be rubbing my good health in their faces!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:29 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Toastedsmoke - Thanks so much!!! Everyone here inspires me as well!! You are doing phenomenally well with your weight-loss too! Keep it up!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Krizstyling, I love that answer!! I actually think that is mine as well. Of course it will be nice for others to see the new me, but I am most excited about ME being able to see and enjoy the new me. I have been very lucky that no matter how big I have gotten, everyone in my life (past and present) has been so supportive and really never made me feel bad about my weight. I really am the one who has made myself miserable over the years by feeling like a failure. It will be nice to be able to be anywhere without wondering what strangers are thinking about me though.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

KimL1214 – You’ll have to let us know if you fall asleep on Sunday! Did you guys get the snow that was predicted?

katybelle – It’s always extra motivation when you can update your wardrobe at the expense of your parents.

southernbelle102 – You are doing such an amazing job. I love following your progress. Hopefully the 200s roll around very quickly

princessdi86 – Good luck with your weigh in. Hopefully you’ll get to reach your mini goal but if you fall a little short don’t be too disappointed with yourself. Your progress has been great so far.

toastedsmoke – Yay for working out. You’re so close to that 1500 minute mark!! I hate it when people try to tell you what you “should” be doing to lose weight.

Krizstyling – Wow.. That is an awesome perspective to have. When it comes down to it we’re really doing this for ourselves and no one else.

bbg200 – How is all the painting coming along? Do you guys have a lot more to get done?

Jelbelle – I think we all have those moments of self doubt & wondering what everyone else is thinking about us. Hopefully you’ll get to a point where you won’t be thinking everyone is judging you.

It has been pouring will rain over here. Apparently we’re going to be getting a month’s worth of rain over the weekend so I’m going to be stuck indoors the whole time. Doesn’t sound like the best use of my time but hopefully it turns around quickly!

Good luck with the weigh in everyone!
Old 10-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Quote:
Friday, Saturday & Sunday Question~ Whether it be in a good way (you want them to be proud of you), or more to rub it in their faces that you did it (and look better than they do now)... Who are one, two or three people that you can’t wait to see when you hit goal?
haha.. fun question. First would be my current "BF" (since he's a downer regarding weight, with mean comments!), pretty much to rub in his face b/c his comments tick me off... he's been nice about it these past couple weeks, since I've been losing lbs but STILL. Second would be my ex (HS sweetheart/"the one that got away", lol), maybe so he'd be proud and compliment me or maybe so he'd regret letting me go Trying to think of anyone who's said anything catty to be about weight. Once, father-in-law's mother said a comment that I looked heavier or not as thin, but don't think she meant to be offensive.. I've noticed that after age 20 and having a child, my metabolism stinks! Can't just eat right OR workout- gotta do both, CONSISTANTLY..

Doing the 3FC 20-somethings October Challenge. I met weight loss goal (lost 5+) and so far have exercised 8.5 of my 12 hours. I stopped eating fast food roughly 2 weeks ago (will only order grilled chicken salad- no dressing or cheese or a grilled chicken wrap-meat and veggies only). I'm attributing my progress to joining 3FC Challenges (holds me accountable to goals I set), zumba (30+ min a day) and eating right

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Old 10-30-2010, 02:03 PM   #143  

peanut: I hope so too, but I'm already gaining some confidence even with what little weight loss I have accomplished, so that's a positive sign. Rain isn't always such a bad thing! Even though you're stuck in door, you can do little things around the house, or just be productive in any way =)

ferretgirl: All of my weightloss is due to this site! It really keeps me motivated and on track. I start Zumba next Friday, I'm really nervous about my first class
Old 10-30-2010, 03:33 PM   #144  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Height: 5'5"

Toastedsmoke: Two more days! Yay!!! I have complete faith in you You are totally NOT a wimp, look at what you have already accomplished. 14 pounds is AWESOME, nothing at all wimpy about that Yes, I am most definitely MUCH better off without my ex, he is such a loser!

Peanut: Thanks so much for the encouragement! I'm close to goal, but not quite there yet... I'll have more below You are so sweet!!!

Jelbelle: You have done such an amazing job! I'm really happy for you, and your confidence gain! I'm still really struggling with that still, though I always try to have a confidant attitude in front of others. I can't wait till it is natural and more of an act

Soooo, my weigh in today revealed that I have lost an additional 3.2 pounds, a little less than I would have liked, but still a loss nonetheless! That puts me at a total of 21.2 pounds lost in less than a months time, so I guess I'm not doing so bad! Maybe by Monday I will be 3.8 pounds down if I really work hard at it, and not cheat this weekend! I want to reach my under 200 goal in the WORST way! I have lost a total of 8 inches in my waist, which is great as well, can't wait til I lose 10 more! Also, new NSV: I bought a really cute Halloween shirt from Target last month in a size large. When I got home and tried it on, it looked wayyy too tight, not at all attractive. I tried it on for the first time since then today, and it fits PERFECTLY! I need to try to take a picture and post it on here, it makes me really happy!

Off for a hike with my pup!! Hope you all have a wonderful Halloween Saturday!!!!
Old 10-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #145  
Working it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle102 View Post
Krizstyling, I love that answer!! I actually think that is mine as well. Of course it will be nice for others to see the new me, but I am most excited about ME being able to see and enjoy the new me. I have been very lucky that no matter how big I have gotten, everyone in my life (past and present) has been so supportive and really never made me feel bad about my weight. I really am the one who has made myself miserable over the years by feeling like a failure. It will be nice to be able to be anywhere without wondering what strangers are thinking about me though.
Aw thanks southernbelle! I have to say, I agree, constantly wondering about what strangers think has been a big "issue" for me. Even though most people have never really said anything about my weight, it's ME who thinks it. I am self conscious when it comes to strangers.

Riding the train I would never sit in a seat that was available if two other people were on the other side of it. I thought they'd be like "oh great here comes a fat girl to squish me".

Already I am finding myself sitting on the train with no worries =) It feels really good. Can't wait til I'm the "skinny" girl sitting down that people don't mind lol.

I found that working out outside while people are going to work REALLY helps my esteem. Our trainer has been amazing in helping me realize that I am way too self conscious and it's all in my head. He also puts me front row to be displayed when I'm working out. It REALLY HELPS! LOL Gotta hate/love relationship with that!
Old 10-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #146  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone, how was weigh in today? Let's go team Phoenix!!! I was 3lbs down from last week which was very exciting. I'm finally in the 2-teens. Yay!!! 219 lbs but that's a new low (well since I was 18 anyway). Also, kind of a (mini?) milestone is that I'm officially just over halfway to goal. As of today, I've lost 56 lbs and have 54lbs to go. I have to say it still seems really overwhelming to me, I kind of know it's in my mind though and so I'm trying to be really positive. I think like the point where I have like 40lbs or less to go, I'll feel like I'm really on the home stretch. Right now it still feels like I have a whole lot left to go, so I'm not feeling super excited (OR as excited as I am by the smaller picture of being in the 2-teens)! October workout goal-wise, I did a major workout yesterday and now have just 68 minutes to reach my 1500-minute target. I am however really sore (waist, hips and butt are killing me!), so I'm debating whether or not to do a little something tonight... hmmm...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels super self-conscious in public, sometimes I feel like maybe I'm neurotic but we can't all be. Or if we all are, since we have different experiences, then it must be one more negative thing the extra weight brings to our lives. And thank goodness it's something we can get rid of and change.

princessdi86: You're soooooo close to onederland that I'm sure you'll be there any day now!!! Well done you! Can't wait to start 30-day slimdown with you! I actually lost 10.5lb this month which is way more than normal for me. But it's making me believe that it might be possible to get to Onederland by the end of the year (my actual year-end goal is 209), and I think this might be an excellent way to really kick the weightloss up a notch in November to possibly lose another 10 lbs??? Fingers crossed! We can totally rock this!

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 10-30-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:21 PM   #147  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Toastedsmoke: 56 pounds?!?! WOW! That is INCREDIBLE!!! I have no idea where I got the 14 pounds from... but 56 proves my point even more! You are Super Woman!!! I have total faith that you can make it to onederland by the New Year! With the new exercise routine, I definitely believe you can lose 10 pounds in November!!! I'm going to weigh myself again on Monday, which I typically don't do, I only allow myself one weigh in a week, but I'm trying so hard this weekend to lose the last 3.8!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:56 AM   #148  

princessdi86: Thank you! I'm sure you will gain that confidence with each pound you lose. It doesn't even have to be numerical loss, just being more active and feeling healthy will boost your confidence!

toastedsmoke: That's incredible! Amazing work so far! I know you'll keep it strong! Even for me, reaching the two-teens was an absolute milestone, it feels so good!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:36 AM   #149  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

toastedsmoke~ 10.5lbs. in one month is awesome and 56lbs. overall is AMAZING!!! I found the DVDs, so I will be starting that tomorrow morning as well!!!

Krizstyling~ That's awesome that your trainer is so good with you! Thank you for the compliment

princessdi86~ Great NSV! Awesome loss this week and you are doing incredible overall! So close to OneDerland!!!

ferretgirl~ That's really great that 3FC has helped so much with your weight loss!!!

oOPeanutOo~ LOL! My other sister really doesn't like church, so no church today

bbg200~ Great job getting on your feet so much! Did the scale reflect all your work?

southernbelle102~ You're such an inspiration! So close to the 200s!!!

katybelle~ Being able to shop with my friends would be amazing! Right now I always have to duck into other stores they wouldn't shop in or hang out in a completely different section of a store than them.

Jelbelle~ We got snow this weekend! It didn't stick, except on windshields, etc.! I know I will be so ready for it to be gone by March, but right now, I can't wait!!!

If I missed anyone!~

I'm on my sisters lap top right now, we're getting ready to take off, but I wanted to check in real quick! I hope everyone has had a great weekend! I was right about my sisters passing out early last night. The funny part is that I had told them that I suspected that would both be sleeping by 9, and they were both snoring by 8:30! I had gotten a little excited when we had talked about going out to one of the bars down the street, but secretly knew that it wasn't going to happen. We did have drinks at Applebees last night, and one of my sisters barely finished one margarita and was buzzing hard core. It was really funny because her face turned bright red! Definitely going to need the Jillian Michaels slim program to get rid of some of the extra pounds I'm sure I put on this weekend!!!

I did PM one of the moderators who started 3FC to ask if I could get access as a moderator in the 20-somethings TBL corner, and was granted access. If you notice that your weigh in post has moved in the weigh in thread, it's because I deleted some posts made by people that have dropped from the challenge. Makes things a lot easier for me... I can also edit people's posts... which I really don't want to do as I find it kind of like an invasion, but I will edit weigh in posts for people that miss weigh-ins (I will wait until after the weekly stats have been posted to try and give people a chance if for some reason they're a little late).

I'll check in again tonight! Until then, if you haven't posted your weigh in yet, please do so ASAP to make sure you don't miss the deadline!

Happy Halloween!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:12 PM   #150  
Working it out!

So being I weigh myself on Mondays, is it okay if I weigh myself today but it changes Monday? Is that possible? Just because I usually weigh myself at a specific time of day on Monday and would like to stay consistent =)

Kim - I used to LOVE Applebees margaritas! Everyone deserves a night out =) Hope you are enjoying yourself!
Closed Thread