20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 282/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

excitedtolose: Your dog is so cute in his costume! Did the kids get a kick out of seeing him dressed up? I have halloween pajamas for my three with glow in the dark spider webs on them, but since we weren't going anywhere I didn't make them wear them.

Nienna: I'm glad your weight dropped back down again. I can't believe you weighed at night though! You're certainly braver than I am. I never step on the scale once anything's passed my lips for the day. LOL!

Today's question: My goals and mini-goals are all weight related. Of course I'm always hoping to fit into the next smaller size and things like that, but I never really set a goal for it. I just pick a weight I want to be by a certain date and figure the other things (fitness, clothing sizes, etc) will come with the weight loss.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:22 PM   #182  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

southernbelle - Can you tell me the names of the products? Same thing happened to me and turned out that a lot of those multi vitamins and biotin aren't so great for you =( I had to do a LOT of research to figure out which ones were best for my body. a LOT and I've finally got it down.

Just wondering if you are using the same brands I used. =(
Old 11-02-2010, 08:28 PM   #183  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizstyling View Post
southernbelle - Can you tell me the names of the products? Same thing happened to me and turned out that a lot of those multi vitamins and biotin aren't so great for you =( I had to do a LOT of research to figure out which ones were best for my body. a LOT and I've finally got it down.

Just wondering if you are using the same brands I used. =(
Sure I am using Spring Valley fish oil, NOW Biotin and Equate Multivitamin.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #184  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbelle102 View Post
Sure I am using Spring Valley fish oil, NOW Biotin and Equate Multivitamin.
Good stuff! Well taking ANY Biotin on an empty stomach will really upset it, so that's first.

Spring Valley fish oil is great! That's what I use too!

As for Equate, I tried them and they really upset my stomach. I ended up using Centrum Ultra Women's. It has more supplement percentages than most and it really doesn't upset my stomach at all and no after taste!

I hope this helps!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:18 PM   #185  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Height: 5'5"

Still sick, thinking its more of a virus. Finally able to keep down water and ginger ale, but that is it. No solids, no soups even... not a good feeling! Staying home from work again tomorrow, and prob staying in bed all day again Obviously, I have not been working out, but I'm hoping to be able to do some walking tomorrow if I'm feeling better.

Toastedsmoke: Thanks for the congrats and well wishes! I'm sure you are kicking butt at the 30 DS!!!! Show JM who's boss!!!

[/B]KimL1214:[/B] Thanks for your well wishes as well! I'm going to see the puppies again when they are 5 weeks old, so they can play a little more They were so sweet!!

Jelbelle: I thought that the candy was the cause, but now I think it may be something more, though I don't think I'll be eating any chocolate any time soon! Regardless of what caused this, I will probably link it to chocolate for awhile!

Today's Question: I definitely set mini goals for myself. If I didn't, I would get seriously depressed if I only look at the big goal! I also set up certain rewards for each mini goal obtained, helps keep me on track. I do it by weight, but I recognize the NSV along the way. I do it by 20-25 pounds per goal.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 279/See Ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Stacylambert the kids just seem to love Zoey as she is just a giant cheese ball always pulling stunts for laughs. I had to smile though because as we were walking I heard a kid say, "Mom that's the dog the ate my tail last year." I was mortified last year when she was three months old and wouldn't let the kid walk down the driveway without her attached to the tail of his costume but for him to recognize her this year 60 lbs bigger and full grown was too funny.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:39 AM   #187  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

stacylambert – I love the pumpkin you guys carved out.

JMfan & Krizstyling – I think Boxing would be an awesome exercise to pick up. If nothing else it would be a great stress reliever.

katybelle – Rowing would be awesome fun to get involved in. I’d probably spend half of the time worrying about falling in the water seeing as I can’t really swim.

princessdi86 – Are you feeling any better?? You guys definitely look very happy in the photo. Congratulations on reaching Onederland btw!!

KimL1214 – Is the hostess that gave you all 8 tables at once the one that screwed you over when she first started working??

southernbelle – Sorry, I don’t have any advice about your supplements. It sucks that they’re making you feel sick when they’re supposed to have the opposite effect. Be sure to let us all know when you reach your next mini goal. I’m so excited for you.

excitedtolose – I agree with stacylambert, you’re puppy is adorable!!!

Nienna – Where was your vacation to?

Jelbelle – Have you started on the 30 hours you want to log at the YMCA yet?? How’s that going?

Toastedsmoke – How is the 30DS coming along? Are you on track still?

ferretgirl – How long have you been keeping ferrets as pets?? They’re all so cute!

I’m pleased to report that I’m feeling a lot better after the fall. Thanks for all the well wishes!

Today’s Question: As far as mini goals go, I have only ever set one mini goal for myself and that is to get under 100kg (220lbs). It’s not Onederland but it’s a bit of a mental barrier for me. I think I’ll feel a lot more confident if I see 99kg on the scale.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:15 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 155/122.6/105

Height: 5'2"

stacylambert: I usually don't weigh at night either, but I really didn't want to miss the weigh in, and I wasn't able to weigh myself until 10 pm on Sunday night when I got home. It was pretty frustrating, though!

princessdi86: I hope that you feel better soon; being sick is definitely frustrating, especially when trying to lose weight. I noticed in your answer to today's question that you reward yourself when you hit mini goals. What kind of rewards do you set up for yourself? I've tried saying things like, "At x weight, I'll buy a bath robe, and at y weight, I'll buy a new dress." Unfortunately, when I hit the mini-goal, I don't want to spend any money (I guess I'm a bit cheap)! And with clothing rewards, I just tell myself, "I'll drop five more pounds before going shopping ..." Have you found any ways to reward yourself that don't center around shopping? If so, I'd love to hear them!

oOPeanutOo: I was visiting family in Belgium, and I also went up to the Netherlands for a few days. The Belgian countryside was really beautiful, and it was rather pleasant to see the sun out during the afternoon and early evening (it's been setting rather early here at home). It was very nice, but I'm definitely glad to be home again!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:40 PM   #189  

KimL1214, toastedsmoke, princessdi86
I know I'm a little bit behind, but I'm going to start the 30DS with you ladies. Hopefully you don't mind my tardiness.

oOPeanutOo Thanks! I think she's adorable as well although she is hardly a puppy anymore. That photo doesn't really do her justice size or appearance wise. I'll have to find a better one to make my avatar.

Last edited by excitedtolose; 11-03-2010 at 03:41 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #190  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

excitedtolose: Yay!!! The more the merrier! It's never too late! We're actually doing something called the 30 Day Slimdown which also uses Jillian's other 2 videos "No More Trouble Zones" and "Banish Fat/Boost Metabolism" in this schedule: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-s...slim-down.html . However, if you don't have/ can't get these dvds, then you can definitely just do the 30DS... whatever it is, let's commit to 30 days of Jillian (or a "rigid" workout plan) and see what happens!

KimL1214: Hey how's it going? I hope work and school aren't treating you too badly. How's this 30 Day Slimdown going? Today was NMTZ and it totally kicked my butt, but I thankfully feel no residual soreness from it? Did you do it? How did you find it?

princessdi86: I'm so sorry you're still feeling unwell! Please take care of yourself and feel better soon!

oOPeanutOo: 30DSlimdown is going ok. I've kind of not been excited about working out recently (ok I'm never really excited about working out but what I mean is its been even more of a drag than usual) even though I've been doing it anyway and the 1st 2 days of 30DS kind of gave me an excuse to slack of in terms of exercise. I'd gotten used to at least 50-60+ minutes a day but because I was on plan with exercising, I slacked off on doing something else which is fine technically but which I really shouldn't. What about you? How's your sprain and your back?

Today's Question: I do put a lot of focus on making mini-goals. I find them so very important to staying motivated and pushing on days when you just don't feel like making good choices. My mini-goals are all weight-related.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:26 PM   #191  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

toastedsmoke~ The slim went on hold for a couple days, but I will pick it back up tomorrow morning! What is your next mini goal?

excitedtolose~ Yay! Did you start today or are you starting tomorrow? Your pup pictures look great!!!

oOPeanutOo~ Different hostess, but one that I'm used to piling the tables on me. One bonus to her is that she knows to help when we get really busy. What is it about 99kg that will make you feel more confident? I know 220 will be a big one for me too, something about anything over it makes me feel intimidated for some reason, not sure why, just does...

princessdi86~ How are you feeling? Feel better soon

stacylambert~ Have you reached any of your mini goals?

katybelle~ Thighs not rubbing together is something I am definitely looking forward to as well!

southernbelle102
~ Sorry to hear you've had some bad luck with vitamins. I have had a hard time with multi-vitamins in the past and found out it was because I'm allergic to one of the sulfa compounds they use to bind the vitamins. I now take a bunch of different individual vitamins to avoid having those issues with my tummy. Awesome job with the turkey dogs on Halloween!

Nienna~ How was your vacation?

JMfan~ Congrats on being our biggest loser this week!!!

ferretgirl~ How are you doing this week with working towards your 3 hour goal?

Jelbelle~ How are you doing with your 30 hour goal at the YMCA?

Krizstyling~ Unfortunately I did not get enough sleep in which resulted in a really rough day.

If I missed anyone~

Thursday & Friday Question~ Do go along with the last question... How do you plan on celebrating when you reach goal?

For Tuesday & Wednesday's Question~ My mini goals are all weight related, whether it be by lbs. or %. I have a TON of them, and am tee-tottering and hitting my next one! I make myself weigh in under my goal at least 3-4 times before I count it as reached...

Sorry for my absence the last couple of days. Unfortunately I had a couple anxiety attacks yesterday followed by a nasty one today. I took half of the day yesterday and today off from school to try and get myself mentally ready for the rest of this week. I'm pretty sure it mainly has to do with my money situations as they're getting pretty annoying. I work anywhere from 60-80 hours/week and it seems like I'm getting nothing for it... Ugh! I'm glad to have taken the days off and am ready for the days to come. Luckily one thing I've been able to maintain is food. I haven't been able to get any workouts in, but plan on getting up tomorrow morning to get back on track with the slim program.

Have a great night everyone!!!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey guys =D my week so far has been awesome! Got my YMCA membership on Tuesday, and I was there from about 5:30-8:20! I'm addicted already! so @Kim, it's going great!

Question of the Day:
200 — Movie/Game Night, That one cute ring
190 — Yoga
180 — Hair straightened
170 — Hair extensions; Self-Defense Class
160 — Greek town; new undies, shorts, and bathing suit; P90X
150 — Steampunk Dress <3
140 — Hips pierced/bellybutton pierced

That's how I'll celebrate!
Old 11-04-2010, 04:06 AM   #193  

S/C/G: HW183/SW142/CW132.6/GW115

Height: 5'3

@ KimL

Hey Kim, i posted a question for you at the phoenix weigh-in board but i guess you don't frequent that board often so i'd thought i'd catch you here =] My question was that i don't have access to the scale on the weekends so i can't post my weight until mondays. I know that is late but my starting weight was actually on a Mon too so i had hope it would be okay. I can try to post it around noon or a little earlier if that make things easier for you. If things doesn't work out then i'll have to withdraw from the challenge since i won't be able to post at all on Suns. Let me know =] Thanks
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #194  

toastedsmoke I can definitely get those other two DVD's. How exciting. I did 30DS level 1 last night, and will do it again tonight once I finish my run.

KimL1214 I started last night... 29 more days!

With regards to today's question...
I really haven't given myself any perks for reaching goals yet. Athough last night I was going through my e-mails and the Living Social Detroit Deal of the Day was for a 60 minute massage for $30 bucks. It only seemed fitting since I've lost 30 lbs to get at $30 massage. ha! Bought my coupon and cannot wait to book this massage!

Last edited by excitedtolose; 11-04-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 02:53 PM   #195  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Armastus~ I sent you a PM about your question, but I'm guessing that either you don't get PMs or haven't checked them. Weigh Ins are due by 11:59 Sunday nights. I have relaxed it a little and allowed a couple women to weigh in early Monday mornings. That really is as far as I can push it though otherwise it messes with when I can do the stats and get them posted. If you want to keep posting late, that's fine, but your weigh ins won't count towards the weekly team stats or individual stats. I'm sorry this messes with your weigh in, but you could always keep your weigh in day, just post early. I used to weigh in on Wednesdays, and I would post for the upcoming Sunday even though it was early. Let me know if you have any other questions.

excitedtolose~ Soooo jealous! I would love a massage!

Jelbelle~ Hips pierced!? Ouch!!!

For todays question... I plan on getting a full back piece tattoo. I've been planning it for years, but I don't want to get it when I'm plus sized as I know that skin tightening can mess with tattoos. I figure it's the perfect reward!

I'll be on again in a bit, parent/teacher conferences are tonight, so we'll be here until 10! UGH!
Closed Thread