20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 03:30 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hope everyone had a good holiday Mine was good, went a little off-plan with the desserts, but paid attention to portions. Probably gained more from sharing a small popcorn and medium coke with kiddo at the movies last weekend than over Thanksgiving. Thank goodness all the desserts are gone. I couldn't stay away from the carrot cake, apple/raisin pie, or hershey's minis..

I've been doing the zumba dvds for 1-2+ months now and love the workout but am maybe getting burned out on same thing every day, so I've been adding in more from the kickbox bootcamp dvd these last couple weeks. Bought some 2lb small handweights yesterday (since 5lb are too heavy for keli roberts' pace). Really want to get an extra xbox or wii for the workout room, since there's so many dance/workout games out now.

Kim: I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather *hugs* Hope everyone is ok.

Peanut: Have you thought of a reward once you break 100kg? Clothes and/or workout gear are always cool

toastedsmoke: Congrats on completing the Week 5 Challenge (Intermediate too!! Wow ) and on losing inches. Measuring is good, 'cause even if you don't see change on scale, there's no denying losing inches

southernbelle: I hope you are finding time to de-stress when you need it. You (and every woman) deserve it and need it to stay happy/healthy. What do you do to de-stress? Holding/petting an animal and listening to music are a couple of my favs. Self-pampering is a good one that gives quiet time and ya feel nicer afterwards

Jelbelle: Happy late Birthday!! Hope you had an awesome day and congratulations on losing 30 lbs in a year- wow!!

Christmas plans.. probably similar to Thanksgiving: go with hubby and kiddo to father-in-law's house for lunch and my parents' house for dinner. I'm sure kiddo will open gifts at home and both his grandparents' houses It's nice being around family on holidays. I'll just watch portion-sizes and try to keep working out 3-4 hours a week.

We have 3 weigh-ins left on this challenge.. whoa... It'll be cool to see everyone's total losses at the end. EVERYONE'S progressing here (on both teams), so kudos to everyone!! Let's keep it up and finish strong..
Old 12-01-2010, 07:57 PM   #317  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

southernbelle: Sorry about the work stress you're going through right now. But yay on being only 10lbs from Christmas goal!!! You can totally do it!!! I definitely get the Christmas excitement! I LOVE Christmas!!! Everything about it! From mid-December till New Year is usually great. It's family time. This year though will be my 1st New Years away from my family as I'll be leaving right after Christmas to go to my best friend's New Years wedding (I love her but she's taking me away from family time, darnit!!!)

Jelbelle: Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!
I wish you everything you wish for yourself! Have the best year!!!!

oOPeanutOo: Sorry you've been feeling a bit ragged lately! But good on you for still making conscious good decisions! That's inspiring to me for days when I'm tired or feel like taking the easier route!

ferretgirl: Thanks!! I think we have the same Christmas coping plan- watching the portions I guess.

KimL1214: I hope everything is going well with you and you're doing ok. You're definitely in my thoughts!

It's been a weird few days for me in that I feel like I've been slacking even though when I look at it closely, I really haven't. I see the potential to get derailed this month so I have to be really careful to stick to plan day by day. Added challenge is I have a meeting out of town on Friday so from tomorrow evening till Saturday I'm booked into this fancy hotel resort place and it will be my first exposure to "outside," non-planned food since I restarted this journey in July/August this year. I have a HUGE weakness for restaurants, I won't lie. Especially since I don't eat out often in general. I see a menu and I'm like "I have to eat everything because I don't know when I'll be back." I need to be conscious of that and stay on plan, no matter how boring it feels. I know I'll feel better when I step on the scale on Sunday if I know I made good decisions during the week...mmhmm much better than the temporary pleasure of tiramisu <sighs>... that will be my mantra!

ferretgirl is right. Only 3 weigh ins to go! Let's finish strong, team! We can do this!!!
Old 12-01-2010, 11:14 PM   #318  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much girls!! That means a bunch to me =) I won't be having my party till this weekend due to my school schedule, but my day was still very good! I am SO GLAD to see everyone coming back and posting again!
@Kim: I really hope things are going okay over your way!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:59 AM   #319  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

Krizstling – Good to see you back. You’ve been doing an awesome job at the weekly weigh-ins!

ferretgirl – I would have struggled with desserts as well if they were available. I haven’t thought of a reward just yet. I had to recently buy a few new clothes for work as some of my old stuff was literally falling off me. I’m not really a girly girl either so things like manicures and pedicures aren’t an option. I’m sure I’ll think of something eventually though.

toastedsmoke – Still a bit tired but I think some extra sleep this weekend will do me the world of good. I have no doubt that you’ll make a conscious effort to make the right choices while you’re away. I know when I stray off plan I generally feel sick so that’s the best motivation to watch what I’m eating. Good luck with it though and be sure to check in here if you need support.

Jelbelle – Have fun with your party this weekend!! Be sure to let us know how it goes.

KimL1214 – We’re all hoping that your Grandfather is okay!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #320  
Working it out!

S/C/G: 219/ticker/135

Height: 5'4'

Thanks Peanut! =) That was so sweet!

So how is everyone doing today? Any good news to share?

Today my blog was all about ME and was kind of cocky but I think everyone deserves to be self appreciating once in awhile =)

We got good news at boot camp today! Our trainer is going to have like this MAJOR event from the second week in Jan through the second week in March! It is a ten week program!

He said there will be awards for who loses the most body fat, gains the most muscle etc. He is still working everything out but he said it looks like 5 people will win UNLIMITED access to boot camp for a YEAR! That is AMAZING and would save me tons of money so ya'll know I'm gonna be ALL OVER THAT!

There are also going to be fun prizes like "best workout gear" or "best motivator" "Miss congeniality" stuff like that. It is an all women's boot camp so that is a GREAT thing haha. I recommended best hair because hello! I want to win! LOL

Anyway I'm SO SUPER STOKED ABOUT THIS. A freaking ten week boot camp with all diff types of stuff. He is even goin to bring in a thai masseuse to give our muscles some help! He has a ton of diff things planned for each week and man I am just SO excited, can you tell?! LOL

The thing is, I AM nervous because I was planning on losing about 10 more pounds AT LEAST between now and then...I want to WIN this thing so I hope it doesn't start getting harder for me to lose once this 10 week cycle starts! SOOOOOOO excited I just had to share =)
Old 12-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #321  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Hey ladies! Thank you all for the well wishes. Grandpa is still holding on and we are now faced with trying to find some place for him to live as living on his own is not an option. The hospital basically said, "he's dying, but he can't stay here, and he can't live alone." Created quite a predicament as finding hospice care in VT is pretty tough...
I'm sorry I haven't been around more to chat. I am, however, hoping that things will calm down by this weekend so I can get on here more often.

Everyone is doing wonderful, keep going!!!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:57 PM   #322  

Krizstyling – Good on you for cutting out people in your life with a bad attitude! I didn’t think your blog was cocky at all, you should be excited about what the future holds & what you’ve already achieved.

KimL1214 – Family is what’s most important so we all understand why you’ve been gone. Don’t feel you need to rush back until you have things sorted. Sorry you’ve been having such a rough time lately – we’re all thinking of you.

It’s Saturday for me & I’m still trying to figure out if I want to tackle some of the Christmas shopping I have to do today or put it off like every other year because I never know what to buy people. I love getting people gifts but dislike having to deal with all the crowds and screaming children around this time of year. It really does my head in.

So I’ve still been thinking of a mini-reward for when I get below 100kgs and am considering trying out Acupuncture. I know it’ll be expensive but my Chronic Fatigue has been playing up for a while now and I think maybe it’s time to tackle that in a new way. Has anyone tried Acupuncture before? Does it hurt??
Old 12-04-2010, 01:40 AM   #323  
Working it out!

Peanut - THanks so much on the blog! That means a LOT!!!

As for acupuncture, I have never done it but I have a few friends who swear by it! Doesn't hurt from what they've all said and they have no reason to lie so if you do use this as one of your rewards, let us know how it goes!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:14 AM   #324  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

We are getting SO close to Christmas... and I am 9 lbs away from goal. I know I can make it but at the rate I have been losing lately, I will be short a lb or 2 on the 25th. I know I should be totally happy no matter what the # is then as I will have still accomplished so much. I am, however, the kind of person who feels a great deal of failure if I don't meet the goals I set forth for myself. It is one of my big flaws. I am preparing myself for not exactly meeting my goal but hoping that something will kick in and help. Also, my TOM usually falls the week of the 22nd so I will be boated for that last week before I weigh in for Christmas. Oh well... I guess all I can do is what I am doing right now. I am going to start watching my carbs even more though. That has seemed to help bring on a whoosh of weight-loss before. Sorry for this long semi-pointless post. I just needed to write this down somewhere. I hate my perfectionism!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #325  

Hey ladies =D lots of great stuff happening today! My party is later on, so I'll be really busy with that, but I just have to say

I'M IN ONEDERLAND!

for the first time since like, freshman year of high school or before! Sooo excited! Thanks to all of you for being so supportive of me! I love this feeling =D
Old 12-04-2010, 01:06 PM   #326  
Working it out!

southernbelle - I totally understand your frustration. I too get very upset with myself when I don't lose what I am setting forward. Don't set yourself up for failure by preparing yourself just in CASE you don't make it. Worrying will get you nowhere. Instead think positive thoughts and usually, that helps you achieve your goal. It's not like 9lbs is unrealistic. You can totally do this! Stay on track for the next few weeks and you've GOT THIS! I know you can do it!

Jelbelle - Congratulations!!!! What an amazing Christmas gift you've just given to yourself =) I remember how great it felt reaching onederland. It is truly a downward experience from here (In a good way) EVERYTHING seems so much more attainable when you are out of those dreaded 200's. WOOHOO! Have a GREAT time at your party tonight!
Old 12-04-2010, 02:20 PM   #327  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Krizstyling - thanks for the words of assurance and support. Don't worry, I won't deviate from plan at all... I REFUSE to cheat or give up... even for one day(other than thanksgiving day and Christmas day ). I know that if I don't hit it by Christmas I will see that 100 lb loss only a few days after. I just am realizing that my average weight loss has been between 2 and 3 lbs lately a week and I need a consistent 3 lb loss per week for the next 3 weeks to get there. I know that usually after a few weeks of small losses, I have a big loss week. I am just hoping that is the case this month. It will help out a lot if I can lose at least 5 lbs one week... or more. We'll see I am not letting it worry me too much. I just hate "failure" and know that if I don't hit that # by that day, I will be disappointed in myself. I should be ecstatic because my original Christmas goal was 81 lbs to bring me out of the 300s and I whizzed past that. I hope I wasn't too lofty with my new goal. I know I can do it... it is up to my body whether or not it will do it though. I am not planning on changing anything about my diet calorie wise... just upping my protein and cutting my carbs a bit. Thanks again for the support!

Jelbelle - CONGRATULATIONS!!! That has got to be an awesome feeling!! I can't wait to see onederland (cause for me that means I will only be like 10 lbs away from my ultimate goal ) Enjoy your new freedom from the 200s and never go back!! Great job!

Last edited by southernbelle102; 12-04-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:32 PM   #328  

Krizstyling – I was a little unsure because I’m not a major needle fan but I’ll definitely book in to have it done at some stage.

southernbelle102 – We all get a little bit disappointed if we don’t set the goals we make. HOWEVER, when you set your first Christmas goal all that time ago I’m sure you didn’t expect that you’d have to be making another one. Don’t feel bad for setting “lofty goals” either, it not only gives you something to aim for but also to fight for. The fight in you comes out when you refuse to cheat and give up and for that you should be incredibly proud of yourself. Not reaching your new goal by a couple of pounds will not make you lose that will to succeed. We’re all hoping that you do make it though!

Jelbelle – That is AWESOME!!! A huge congratulations to you. What better way to celebrate than at your birthday party. Have fun at your party.

So I ended up going shopping yesterday and have almost finished buying gifts for everyone. The only downside to spending that much time out and about is that it’s 3:30pm on Sunday and I’m still in bed. I’ve lost 16kgs (35lbs) so far in my journey and had hoped that getting some of the weight off would give me more energy – It hasn’t. I’ll just keep at it and see what happens.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #329  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Krizstyling: Your bootcamp competition sounds like fun! I'm sure you'll totally rock it! I read your post and didn't think it was cocky at all! It was good and positive! There are too many blogs and posts in which we beat up on ourselves, and are sooooo down on ourselves. I thought your post was positive and fun and sounded like you had awesome self-esteem, and that's what's inspirational. We can only do this if we think we're deserving of it, if it comes from a place of self-hate then it won't last. And what I read in your blog was positive and self-loving and basically pretty awesome. So yeah, as they say here: "big up yourself!" (i.e. "pop your collar and don't let what people say bother you"- I'm big on applying pop music to real life situations too! lol)

KimL1214: Thanks for the update! Still thinking of you and hoping things are getting better!

oOPeanutOo: Sorry about the chronic fatigue! I had no idea, you always seem so positive and 100%. I have a new respect for how much you've accomplished in spite of that challenge. Well done you!!! You'll be in the double-kilo digits any moment now! If you end up doing acupuncture, please let us know how it goes! I'm fascinated by it, but can't believe it doesn't hurt even a bit so you have to tell us how it works out if you do it!

southernbelle: I totally think you can make your christmas goal and I don't think aiming high is a negative! Even if you don't make it there by christmas, you'll be closer than you were and you'll still have accomplished loads, PLUS, you'll have a belated christmas gift later for when you do make it! I think you can do it though! You've lost an amazing amount and your rate of loss is nothing to sniff at. Believe me, I've seen it and drooled! You're always inspirational!

Jelbelle: Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! :carrot That's absolutely excellent! What a great birthday present! Well Done you!!! You must be soooooooo excited!!!!!

The office trip was not tragic! Did I eat on plan! No! But it wasn't an out of control binge fest. I had dessert only once. I had a small sandwich with green salad instead of a huge pie which I wanted! I didn't have as much as I coveted at breakfast... Compared to my old self, i was pretty saintly. Well... saintlier than I expected. It was a semi-success. Or at least not a failure. I've been slacking pretty badly with working out since I finished the 30-Day Slimdown and I think I'll do the 15 days or so, till the end of this challenge. And I may or may not up my runs to 3 times a week instead of the 2 i currently do. Ok maybe not. We'll see though.

I hope everyone is doing well! And everything plan and non-plan wise is going amazing! Have an awesome week everyone!!! Go Team!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #330  

Thanks again everyone!! Another scheduled off plan day for me, and it went over... just as planned XD So now I need to work off all that cake and junk and get back on track before Christmas. I declare a Jelbelle Christmas Detox! Yep.

How long does it take for weight gains to show up on the scale?
Closed Thread