20-Somethings BL Corner Temporary forum for Biggest Loser Challenge

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:03 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 235/194/125

Height: 5 ft 2

thank you all it was so scary not been able to help her. feeling like i had no control on what was happening!. she should be back to school tomorrow after a little check up at the doctors. yes that is my baby girl in my photo was taken back in the summer. i never ever want to see her that ill ever again, thought i was going to lose her at one point.
on a good note im going to head to zumba tonight! im soooo looking forward to it AAAAANNND my partner said he wants to do some exercsie with me and get fit!..so im really excited about that. thank you all again for your kind words theey mean a lot to me,
bethany said " can i say hi mommy... sooo bethany says hi " (she is sat next to me trying to read what i am typing but cant read all the big words as she is only 4 hehehe)

Last edited by bbg200; 11-08-2010 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Kim - Thanks so much! I am sorry you haven't been having the best week! Friends can really stink at times! I can't stand confrontation either. I am glad you were able to calm down. I am sorry, also, about your loss. I hope this week is much better!! P.S I love Twilight too! I love the passion!

Last edited by southernbelle102; 11-08-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 380/see ticker/194

Height: 6'2"

Hi Bethany!! I hope you continue to feel better!!
Old 11-08-2010, 11:06 AM   #229  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

bbg200~ Good to hear that Bethany is feeling better! Have fun at Zumba tonight!

southernbelle102~ 81lbs. in 4 months is so AMAZING! I'm really excited to see how far you get during this challenge!

oOPeanutOo
~ Do you have the same meal every Christmas so you can plan things out ahead of time or is it something new every year?

princessdi86
~ I have blue eyes! I was dying my hair different shades of auburn for a while as I have red highlights naturally, but I decided to let a professional take care of some of my disasters... When I got swine last year and was stuck at my house for 3 weeks, I had my roommate grab a highlighting kit which ended up bleaching my hair... so, being me... I took a bunch of chunks and died them purple and blue. I got in trouble with the administration when I came back to school, so I had to try and dye it back... and it didn't really work. Lots of pink and green. That's really cool that you've already made plans with your mother and future mother in law!

toastedsmoke~ Carlisle is pretty tasty

Jelbelle~ Congrats on your loss! Unfortunately we did get some bad news yesterday. As for piercings... I have eleven holes in my ears, seven in my right ear, plus a tragus piercing, and three in my left. I have a weird thing about symmetry... I don't really like it on bodies when it comes to piercings... not sure why, just don't. Someday I'd like to get my belly button, but preferably when my belly no longer hangs over my pants...

Krizstyling~ Great job getting a mini challenge between some of your team mates going!

Anyone I missed~

So unfortunately the phone call yesterday was to inform us the my 90 year old Great Aunt passed away this weekend. They're not having a funeral for her, but rather having a memorial service in February. My mom's side of the family is EVERYWHERE in the US, so it's really hard to get people together, although I still think they should have a funeral for her. There's been a lot of loss on that side of the family over the past few years, so I think that might be part of the reason.
I'm going to get the new challenge up and start working on the stats for this week!
Happy Monday
Old 11-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #230  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

KimL1214: It is crazy, every time I go dark, I get more people asking what I did different to my eyes than my hair! They seem to get bluer, if that makes sense haha!

So, last night we went to a friends house to do a little bit of partying. I was the only person not to have a drop of alcohol.... yay!

Posted below are pictures of me at my largest, around 225, if not more, and then the second is one of me taken last night at 198. I can't believe how much of a difference 26 pounds can make! I can't wait to see what 135 looks like!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2010_11_08_02_01_00_916.jpg (37.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg gettingskinny26lost.jpg (20.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

Krizstyling: Haha! Oh wow that's exactly how it went too! I was like "Man I did awesome" *eats cookies, ten granola bars, spaghetti, other crap* Sometimes I just mindlessly self-destruct XD I'll definitely need someone to stand there with a whistle and tell me I'm stepping out of line!

oOPeanutOo: Eh, sad excuses for vampires. I wouldn't wish such terrible writing on someone, so don't worry, you aren't missing anything! Thanks for the grats ^_^

Kim: I'm sorry about your Aunt =( But thanks for taking the time to keep up with the challenge, you're a very strong and dedicated person! Hopefully your team can help cheer you up again! And yeah, I definitely won't be getting those piercings until (and if) I ever have a body to show them off with. Even if I lost all my weight, I think I would still feel self-conscious about showing off my tummy.

princessdi86: WOW! You and I have both lost the same amount of weight, but I can't see a difference in myself, but you are definitely showing, you look amazing! Keep it up!

Last edited by Jelbelle; 11-08-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #232  
Make it to the moon...

Jelbelle~ I probably won't actually be showing off my belly when I reach goal, as I'm a little worried as to how it will look then... but I guess the piercing would be more for me... a sign that I finally reached goal.

princessdi86~ Love your pics! You look great!

Tuesday & Wednesday Question~ What are some Holiday strategies you have learned either in the past or recently that other team members could use?

I'll try to get the total stats up tomorrow, although you can see from looking at the team stats that we unfortunately came in second this week. No biggie! We'll kill it next week!

Gotta hit the bed... Have a great night everyone!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 12:00 AM   #233  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

bbg200 – Make sure you say Hi back to Bethany for all of us!

KimL1214 – Yes, we stick to the same foods every year but we tend to go all out so that there is something for everyone. Turkey, Chicken, Ham & Seafood are always on offer plus lots of vegetables to accompany it all. I don’t envisage a problem with that part of the meal but I can’t say no to Christmas Pudding. Sorry to hear about your Great Aunt! February is a long time to wait so I can understand why you’d want there to be a funeral for her.

princessdi86 – Great photos! You can already see such am amazing transformation. We’ll all be waiting for those Goal Photos when you hit 135!

Tuesday & Wednesday Question: I’ll be going into Christmas with a couple of strategies but the main one will be “Just because it is there doesn’t mean I have to eat it”. I don’t need to eat everything that is on offer at Christmas. In the past I’ve eaten like it’s the last time I’ll ever get to taste those kinds of foods.
I guess another strategy would be to limit the liquid calories (i.e. Alcohol). I know when Christmas time comes around a few in my family start drinking early and can keep it up all day. That often leads to eating more than you had otherwise planned.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:23 AM   #234  
Make it to the moon...

oOPeanutOo~ I really like your strategy of "Just because it is there doesn’t mean I have to eat it!"

Tuesday & Wednesday Question~ What are some Holiday strategies you have learned either in the past or recently that other team members could use?

One big one I use is making sure there is space in-between each one of my foods. That helps limit serving size, I tell my nephew I want to see the pretty designs on my plate while I eat (he says I should just eat faster and then I can see the plate...). One other thing we did last year was get real dinner plates instead of the huge plates that most have in their homes now. My mom had some of my grandmother's china, which is the original dinner plate size, so we used that instead of our ginormous plates we usually use.

Work tonight! I need to figure out what I'm going to eat at work...
Old 11-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #235  
*Bringin' Sexy Back*

S/C/G: 226/217/135

Jelbelle: Thanks so much! I'm sure you look equally as amazing! I've lost a ton of inches, which my doctor said would happen, giving me a smaller appearance. I'm not at all complaining about that! I honestly didn't notice the difference at all until I compared the two pictures. I am fitting in smaller sizes, but I still look the same to myself when
I look in the mirror.

KimL1214: Thanks so much!!!

Peanut: Haha, I feel completely gullible now!!! He even named the kangaroo!!! Haha, oh well, at least I know now, no more silly, cute Aussies fooling me I did LOVE his accent though! I kept trying to get him to talk. I'm sure he thought I was a complete nut, but oh well! Thanks for the picture comment! I'm hoping to have those 135 pictures posted sooner rather than later

Today's Question: Back when I used to be in great shape, I would either eat a protein bar like a hour or so before the actual meal itself, so I wouldn't stuff myself silly. Sometimes, I would take an appetite suppressant earlier in the day, and that would also help me eat in moderation. Don't deprive yourself, let that specific Holiday be your ultimate cheat day for the month, but don't overeat. Have small portions of everything, and made sure you get some sort of exercise too.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 183/183/160

Height: 5'6"

princessdi86: I've taken a couple progress pics, but I don't really see the difference there either. I've just come to the conclusion that that's because there is no difference. Should I start measuring inches? Making seeing those numbers go down will prove it to me XD

Question of the Day: I remember that the less I eat, the more leftovers I can take home, the more I won't have to cook!

Last edited by Jelbelle; 11-09-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:58 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 120kg/98.6kg/85kg

Height: 5'7"

KimL1214 – Were you able to organise something to eat at work or did the French Fries win out?

princessdi86 – Don’t worry, you’re not the first who’s been fooled by that and certainly not the last. Maybe you need to join your friend on his holiday down under. You can hear our accent as much as you like then.

Jelbelle – I think we’re all our toughest critics when it comes to looking at our weight loss. You’ve lost 26lbs which is amazing so I’m sure there is a difference. I’m sure you feel a lot better within yourself in any case for losing that weight.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:06 AM   #238  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Jelbelle: I totally get what you mean about not seeing the difference. I've lost 58lbs and many times (in a totally non-body dysmorphic way) I still don't see that huge of a difference. I mean ok there is a difference (in things like actually needing a belt to keep my trousers up etc) but it's not like an "OMG she's lost almost 60lbs" difference. Ah well... Eventually I'm sure! And in any case, better the weight off than on, vanity irrespective!

KimL1214: how's everything going? Awesome job coordinating this challenge, I'm absolutely in awe of how organizes you must be! Well done and thank you!!!! How's working out going?Still doing 30DSlimdown?

oOPeanutOo: You really made some helpful suggestions in your response to today's question. I think that plan sounds really sensible!

I haven't posted here as "everydaily" as before because I've been in kind of a mental rut. I'm on plan 100% with food and exercise (totally on track with 30DSlimdown- 20 days to go after tonight- and running at the gym (now at about 9+ miles/15km a week) but mentally, I'm just going through the motions. I think before I had a pretty laid back attitude to losses, but then after last month's unprecedented 10-lb loss, I got a little greedy for speed and started thinking "wow wonderland is totally doable by the end of the year" and now that I've gone back to my regular snail-pace losing rate, I'm beginning to feel like ok it's not possible and so I'm so disappointed and down about it and like totally envious of people who lose 4-5 lbs a week (I'd even be happy with 2-3 a week) and just in a negative "I'll-never-get-there" mindset which I know is always the start of horrible things plan-wise. I know I need to get my head back in the right place and go back to the more chill, more healthy (for me, anyway) attitude I had before but now that i had onederland stars in my eyes, it's really hard to go back and just resign myself to getting there when I get there.

today's question: I don't really have any strategy's in mind specifically for Christmas day. I guess maybe trying to eat and drink low-cal in the days leading up to and after Christmas (in spite of holiday socials) and maybe just trying to be conscious of what's going into my mouth. Like for example, I don't specifically journal my food, but Christmas day might be a good day to record everything I eat (on my phone or itouch) before I put it on my plate ad eat it. Just looking at the least should help me edit and prioritize. I'm really looking forward to reading your responses to this question.

Last edited by toastedsmoke; 11-10-2010 at 07:10 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 160/166/130

Height: 5' 2.5"

Jelbelle: I'm sorry you aren't liking your zumba class so much. It could be just the way that class is done. Each instuctor is taught all the Zumba songs/routines, but then they also get freedom to add in songs/routines of their own. So each instructor may add their own particular preferences into the class. Is it the music or the routines that you didn't like that much? Different instructors go at different paces too. If you consider trying someone else's zumba class, you could Google Maps "zumba+your zipcode" and see which have the best reviews. I tried zumba at 3 different places and my favorite instructor is the furthest away :P

No worries on everyone's HP/Twilight/novel opinions. Everyone's got their own opinion, as long as no one's shoving theirs' down everyone's throats, lol!

Peanut & Kim: Tamale Fest (Dallas, TX)... we didn't enjoy much. They weren't giving samples, there were only about 3 tamale vendors and their lines were so long and coming from multiple directions, that I gave up on waiting. They had those inflatable bounce houses/slides, so kiddo got to play for at least an hour. We left early and went to a big Half Price Used Book Store (mom's and my fav!) instead. My father-in-law wanted me to bring some tamales back, so guess he'll have to wait til Thanksgiving/Christmas when mom makes some :P

bbg: Really sorry y'all had a rough week. Glad your daughter is better. Hope you are feeling better too. Beautiful avatar, btw

Krizstyling: You are not alone! One night I ate most of a small fry and taco from Jack-in-the-Box.. Horrible. What WAS I thinking? That cost me a lb. Ah well. We just gotta get back on track... I DO love popcorn with a movie too, so can't blame you there... Portion Control!

Kim: The berry tattoo sounds beautiful. I bet the drawing and colors would look great I can relate with how you feel about book characters.. we want to be that lucky girl who gets the affection from the guy (the Love at Stake vamps will fall for a human, then pursue and marry her in the end) Those romance books are my guilty pleasure for sure! I'm sorry about your friend; very good that y'all got to remember good times with him together. Very sorry to hear about your Great Aunt. I hope you and your family are okay. *hugs*

Sunday & Monday Question~ Holidays are quickly approaching! Are you someone who is going to sit down for Thanksgiving/Christmas/ I don’t know all the holidays coming up... dinner, and stay completely on plan? Or are you someone that is going to plan out your week so you can eat off plan and not feel completely horrible about it? Why?

I can't turn down my family's cooking! LOL.. tastes delicious and just as bad for your "diet"... Will try to pay attention to portion control and drink water. I'll let myself eat the 'real food' (turkey/potatos/gravy), but will try to stay away from everyone's desserts. Kim had a good idea about working out harder the days before and after.. at least I'll definitely try for my usual 35-45 min the days before and after.

toastedsmoke: Yay for Team Carlisle, lol.. I like Jasper.. both are cute in the movies, hehe. I like your food guilt sensor.. I'll try to listen to mine these holidays and stop eating when I'm not hungry. I'm sorry you're in a mental rut.. you're not alone in 'just going through the motions' workout-wise. But the important part is that we keep on doing it. Trying changing up your workout if you think it might help. Use different machines/dvds or walk a different path. 1-2 lb loss a week is still okay.. its better than staying the same and much better than a gain. Even those mass-lb losers hit a plateau sometimes; then they have to find a modification or just keep pushing through on plan. I hope you don't get too discouraged with the rate of loss (thinking its too slow). It sounds normal to me.. you could always try to do whatever you did to lose that 10 lbs.

Princessdi: Your new hair color sounds so pretty!! Post a pic if you can Your progress pics are amazing...

I envy y'all who can dye your hair bright colors.. my current job won't let me.. bummer... I have naturally dark brown hair and its a job to lighten it up enough to take bright colors (have done dark blue, fushia/dark pink, purple, and different reds in the past, usually via bleach then manic panic). Miss those days!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:27 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/143 - HW: 240

Height: 5'8''

Sorry I didn't weigh in this past week everybody. I'm having issues logging into 3FC at times, no idea why, plus now I don't have a truly accurate way to weigh. My scale's been acting funny and my TV decided to die this past week, so now I can't use my Wii Fit either :/ I'll just have to go by my wonky scale for now, plan to get a new one next week or so.

I've been sick and while I am still exercising and watching what I eat, I've been taking it easy this week so I don't know if I'll have a great number to report then either, but I'll weigh in anyway and hopefully bring better numbers for the rest of the challenge.

Last edited by Laureedee; 11-10-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Closed Thread