Old 09-11-2005, 11:59 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Oh, dear, I've been away and missed this. Tammy, please try taking Jen's advice and start with clear liquids. What a turkey of a doctor you had! You need to keep up your strength right now, and the only way to do that is to keep some food down.

Why in the heck would he take you off valium and put you on neurontin? I thought neurontin was a pain medication for nerve pain and originally an epilepsy drug?? Did the doctor say why he was switching medications? Frankly, this doctor sounds like an insensitive dolt.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 06:16 AM   #77  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Tammy -

Checking in on you...How are you doing today? Have you tried what Jen was saying? Have you considered going to a different doc?
Sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:45 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Ohh Tammy. I'm so sorry to hear you still aren't able to keep anything down. I think Jen gave you some great advice and hope that you will try it. I agree that you need to be seeing a different doc.

Thinking of you today.
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:02 AM   #79  

I'm making an appointment with a different doc today. I am keeping clear liquids down now. Not broths and such though. I can keep sprite down, water, propel. I'm trying hard with the broth and jello.

Things in the house are smoothing out quite nicely. I am still having to take a few meds for anxiety. But for the most part I'm starting to heal. Just going through the grieving stage like I am supposed to. I know there will never be total closure to this since we have a daughter together, but I'm still working on closure of the relationship.
Tammy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:16 AM   #80  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

Tammy - glad to hear you're seeing a different doctor. Sometimes I wonder how they are able to practice with the treatments they prescribe. Hope the "smoothing" continues. I'm sure there will be ups and downs, but sure sounds like you're a strong woman. Keep it up. Obviously lots of love and support for you from these great people. Have a great week.
wip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #81  
Downsizing Dee!

Hi Tammy - A new doctor sounds like a great idea. Good to hear you're getting back on track.

~Dee
newfiedarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 11:46 AM   #82  
Crazy Canuck

So very glad you're consulting another doctor. Its difficult enough to go through the emotional distress of grieving the relationship without it all being compounded by physical distress.
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 12:29 PM   #83  
Jennifer

Hey, Tammy - just checking in to say you're in my thoughts. I'm so glad you're seeing a different doctor. Just make sure to give yourself plenty of time and space to grieve... the end of a relationship is so difficult, especially when you *can't* make a clean break because of kiddies.

Remember that we're here for you.
teapotdynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 01:49 PM   #84  

Oh thank goodness you are seeing a different doctor!! Something's gotta give here, you can't just keep going on like this. I'll be very interested to know what the new doc has to say about all this, so please update us ASAP.

Beverly
boiaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 04:29 PM   #85  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Tammy -- glad to hear you're under a different doctor's care! Praying for you and your family, that things can calm down stress-wise. Maybe it would be better if your husband leaves? He's going to, eventually, and the tension of having him there surely isn't so good. He is the one who's had an affair or is at least considering it...Let him find a place to live.
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:30 AM   #86  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

I'm glad you are getting a second opinion, too. My best friend lost almost 100# after her divorce, same as you are doing now. She just didn't feel like eating. She has gained half of it back. Her appetite did eventually come back, but she said her stomach wasn't used to large portions anymore. So that is something to look forward to maybe? *hugs*
SuchAPrettyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:52 PM   #87  

Well, I have an appointment for tomorrow morning with a different doc. We shall see how that one goes. I look forward to going just to hear what he is going to say about all this.

Secondly, had a really really bad morning and wanted to cut. I did not do it so that is an accomplishment for me. I'm proud of myself. I did have a friend to talk to to help talk me down. I've learned that when I feel I need to I have to talk to someone right away. That ususally stops it from happening.

Still no luck on the food front. My husband and kids had fried chicken and the goodies last night and it smelled so good but still I had not appetite to eat any of it. And ,lordy what they ate was certainly not healthy.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:42 PM   #88  

I saw the second doc today. He says for now things are ok if I keep hydrated but also said that if the weight loss continues for to long I will end up in the hospital. He basically said if I start passing out alot then I need to go to the ER. He suggested I try slimfast shakes to see if I could handle them so I could get some nourishment. Right now the thought of even trying to drink a shake makes me almost wretch. I will try though. He says that if I can keep the slimfast down I will regain some of my energy. For now I am living on Propel, but he told me to go ahead and drink, drink, drink. Sometimes it is even hard just to drink. I'm doing my best though.

I am down another 3 pounds in five days. I'm having my period right now so it could be more.

As for things at home. Horrible!! They did seem to be going well. Then the subject of dating came up and he could not handle it. We have since come to a compromise on that but last night there was a situation. He became violent(not on me) and told me I was worthless and always was. Talk about going straight to the core of the heart. I am still hurting from that today. He apologized and admitted he had an anger problem but those words are hard to forget. It's just really ridiculous how he does not love me but is jealous and wants to know my every move. When I say dating it's not really dating it's just going out in a friendly way.

There is so much more but I can't and am not ready to go into it. Things were bad already but they are getting ready to get alot worse I think. I don't know. We shall see. Sometimes I just don't want to be me anymore. But, I realize that I am not the first person who has gone through this and things could be alot worse. It just hurts and is majorly hard to deal with.

Thank you guys for all your kind words. Sometimes I don't know what I would do if I cold not vent.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:55 PM   #89  
wip

Height: 5' 10"

Hang in there. People certainly do say rotten things, I know it's hard but try to let it roll "like water off a duck's back". It only reflects poorly on him and shows his true colors. The other option for "liquid nutrition" that we have OTC in Canada is Boost or ENsure. They use them in hospital. They may have more calories than you want, but will certainly fill the nutritional needs and keep your strength up (I'm a nurse). When my sister was going thru chemo she would gag on everything but would drink ICE cold boost, sometimes I would blend with ice and just sip slowly. Just a thought. Stay strong and in touch. :group hug:
wip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #90  
Walking by faith

Default Tammy...

I don't post on 100 + very often, but I felt the need to reply to your post. Your husband is emotionally abusive and controlling. I've been there! For your own sanity, you need to leave or ask him to leave AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Not only is he hurting you, he's hurting your children too. It may not be physical, but angry words are like blows...the scars don't show, but they are there and they are painful! If your husband isn't willing to have counseling/mediation, you need to separate. I stayed in my marriage, although my son and I were targets of my husband's explosive anger. We went for counseling which helped both of us. He's worked through his anger issues, and we're still married; but the impact on our son is still there years later

I'm glad you're seeing another doctor, and I hope you'll be feeling better soon. Please take care of yourself!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote