Old 07-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #196  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
Take heed, you cute, young things...if you don't keep up the exercise, you won't be able to do it at all when you get older.

GAIL ~ I understand completely. Sometimes, I want to shout from the rooftops to all these young folks who have the world by the tail, so2speak -- stop whining & complaning; get off your tuff; and start living your life. While you are out there enjoying it, you will get back into shape. DO IT NOW -- don't wait until your body starts hurting and/or you get ill. Anybody listening???

The temps are nicer today; in the mid-70's which is still good. I put some chicken & riblets with veggies in a homemade BBQ sauce in the crockpot for our dinner (so as not to heat up the house). Made enuff for two days so we can just reheat the leftovers up. It smells really nice in here ... mmm!

Eating went well this week & weekend; so happy about that. Back in my groove again -- yeah! Have a wonderful OP day ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-15-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Until I noticed that I am going to be 70 next month and exercise is getting a little more difficult, I thought I was invincible! Ha!

I did 11 circuits of my driveway, drank water, and ate on plan except for a handful of animal crackers. A handful turns out to be worth about 200 calories, and made me want more more more! I got out my step ladder and put them up on the highest shelf in the food cabinet. My DH can get them if he wants some. I know I can get them, but I am fairly easy to discourage.

We bought 20lbs of peaches at a pick your own orchard. They are very good and I have eaten lots of them. Personally, I didn't get fat eating peaches, but I did read on here where someone gained on fruit.

I bought this water bottle at Costco. They only had them for a short while. It has really helped me with the water drinking. I drink water anyway, but this makes it convenient.

http://www.amazon.com/INSULATED-STAI...ywords=contigo
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #198  

S/C/G: size24W/size12/size10

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies! Back from Chicago and uhhhh...well, I didn't do TOO bad LOL! I did a TON of walking (like 6 hours a day) and my butt, feet, and legs kill so I'm sure that helped absorb some of the extra calories I ate in the evenings at dinner. Breakfast and lunch was fine. It was just dinner each evening where I went a bit over board. Nonetheless I had a great time and I'm back on track tomorrow! I already did my grocery shopping.

Last edited by angieand2girls; 07-16-2012 at 12:08 AM.
angieand2girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:32 AM   #199  

Height: 5'7"

I just cant seem to stay op. I do good a few days and then bad for a few more. I keep gaining the same weight back and forth. I have noticed that the lbs keep coming with friends and the friends dont want to leave.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #200  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Good morning everyone It feels like a long time since I've posted. My SIL's mom passed away unexpectedly last week so the week was a little more crazy than normal crazy.

I have managed to continue to stay OP with food and water, though exericise had been a problem with the heat. It's supposed to cool down at the end of the week after some record-breaking temps tomorrow and Wednesday so hopefully I'll be able to get back on track with my lunchtime walks. The scale did budge a little, but a 1.5 pound loss after 30 days OP doesn't feel like much to celebrate. I'm struggling to remind myself this is a marathon...

I hope everyone has a great, OP day.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #201  
The time is NOW!

S/C/G: 278.6/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3"

After three weeks of tiny losses (.5 lbs, .4 lbs, .3 lbs) I am really trying hard to stay on plan. My daughter's "theater debut" (as an orphan in Annie) ended yesterday with a huge cast party just BRIMMING with yummy things I can't eat - I was good and had a baked KFC chicken breast on top of lettuce. Please, oh please let me see a decent weight drop at WI on Thursday. I want to be under 200 lbs so badly it hurts...and yet, I am a little apprehensive about it too. I know I hide under the shell of "fat, smart chick with glasses" - and honestly, as a size 16, I am less "invisible" than I was 70 lbs ago - but somehow people (incl. men) paying attention to me is somewhat strange & scary.
GemIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #202  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

Dgramie. I can hear your pain. I know you can get over this. Just stay here and know that we are all in it with you. I am always losing the same lbs as well but I just have been staying on plan obsessively and it has helped. You can do this.

GemIAm. Why is it this way? What do we do about looking at ourselves and seeing ourselves as less worthy as others to receive attention. I love the attention my kids get, it makes me happy and it feels like attention to me but when it is directly at me I am embarrassed. How do we get over this? There are others (the ones on TV) that live for the attention are so proud but if someone mentions my weight lose I lose it and eat. I don't get it.

I have been obsessively following plan of 1200 calories for two weeks and have lost 1.5 pounds. No breaks with cycling calories as before. I could not handle the up and down of the scale so I will put it on hold until I plateau then try again to see if it works. It may not, who knows. I have been holding onto the weigh-in in the morning. I sit at night and think about that other than eating. I do not eat after 5:30pm and that has helped and I do not eat with the family. That is fine with me. It cuts on the seconds and I eat OP.

Thanks for listening. Lsfunky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #203  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
to ELLA & MATILDA ~ you both are doing fabulously, darlings -- I'm so happy for you and you know it ...

Lotsa good stuff going down in this thread. We had a big last night too, so no watering for me today. My pain is all gone in my back; I know that some special friends prayed really hard for me and I know that helped too. Thanx ...

My eating went much better this week; stayed on plan and under my daily cals -- so happy for that ... phew! Been a busy week, but we are taking it easy this weekend; couldn't have timed that better with these higher temps. Didn't quite reach 90 F but was still bearable indoors anyways.

Have a FANTASTICALLY OP FRIDAY EVERYONE ...
Thank you and you are doing great as well! Keep up the good work!
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #204  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DeGramie ~ there was a period of time that I went through a similar phase; it was too much at Christmas that started it all. It took a while, but eventually the more I practiced eating OP, the better I got at it.

I tried many different strategies: changing the food I ate, when I ate, how I ate, how often I ate, how much I ate, what time I ate, when I went to bed, when I got up, and how I handled stressful people & situations, etc. I had good OP days and some off days. It took a lot of patience to keep going, but that was the most important strategy of all ...

Quote:
I do not eat after 5:30pm and that has helped and I do not eat with the family. That is fine with me. It cuts on the seconds and I eat OP.
LSFUNKY ~ these are the strategies that work for you; that is what matters most ...

GEM ~ yes, attention can be scary esp if we don't feel comfortable in the limelight (me too). Bravo to you for skipping the junkies and picking something healthier!

SUE ~ 1.5 lbs is 1.5 lbs that are gone now; take it!

ANGIE ~ glad you had a fun time.

MATILDA ~ your welcome!

Eating went well this past week; and I am expecting good things for this one too. We have here today with nicer temps too. Have a great OP week, ladies ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:29 PM   #205  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

FIL got the rest of the test results. He has congestive heart failure. They are putting him on another diuretic and something else, but we get the feeling that there's not much they can do, especially considering his after-stroke condition. He is home from the hospital at least. More news after we've had a chance to talk to MIL again.

My parents took a short trip up to St Louis over the weekend, they came back to find the new downstairs AC has stopped working while they were gone. So they are trying to get the company to come fix it SOON!

Then my Sis emailed Dad a picture of their backyard. A sewer pipe broke and they had to have it fixed, incliding the yard dug up etc. $6,000! Ack!

Other than the above we had a nice weekend just hanging out with each other.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #206  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

I've been having a tough time recently Lots of stress (and on my holidays too!) and insomnia throwing a spanner in just about everything. Didn't get a wink of sleep last night, so I went for a walk and am just updating everything in Fitday.
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #207  

Had a good op day yesterday..now for day 2!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #208  
Starting over...again!

S/C/G: 298.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Due to a lousy week last week, I gained back 5 pounds. It happens, especially if I'm not 100% diligent on my eating and exercise. Back on track this week though!
HealthyMeWannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #209  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Good Tuesday morning everyone. I am pretty wiped after yesterday's nursing class. I seem to be hovering in the 243 pound range this month so I am officially declaring a plateau. That is ok with me because I am struggling and am able to string together three great on plan days in a row. This week I am shooting for four on plan days in a row. I know that eventually I will have a whoosh and see some progress. As someone stated in another thread, this is a marathon.
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:40 PM   #210  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Ok, I'm doing a little better now - weighed myself and have tracked everything today! I'm about to have dinner, and then go and do some grocery shopping. Tonight I'm going to get to sleep at a decent hour!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote