Old 07-09-2012, 09:41 PM   #151  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

Funky-I did 40 minutes on the bike this afternoon after dinner... I loved it!!! My DH & I are seriously thinking about participating in the Hotter 'n **** Hundred in Wichita Falls, Texas, in August of next year and this could really help me train. Tonight I did 9 miles in 40 minutes!!

Yesterday & today were totally off-plan days for me & I didn't drink all of my water. I am doing some emotional eating because I am frustrated with some of the bureaucratic red tape crap for school. I am trying to let it go, but just when I think it is finally going to be resolved, I run into another obstacle. GRRR....

Have a great evening everyone!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #152  

Height: 5'7"

ok day yesterday..didnt drink enough water,calories were good.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #153  

drug that old thing out and jumped for a bit on it, wasnt as long as I would have liked but I know Im out of shape and will have to slowly increase my time.

Last edited by dgramie; 07-10-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:55 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

It is always hot in the summer in the desert [Duh! I probably don't need to tell you that]. Anyway, it is going to be really hot today - like 111*F. That is amost 44*C. I went out and walked this morning before the sun came over the hills.

I've been eating appropriately, drinking my water and this morning I did ten laps of my 200 foot driveway.

Exercise is the hardest thing for me. I can't say that I ever enjoy it, but as I get in better shape, I can tolerate it.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #155  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

A nice lady is picking me up today, we are meeting some other women from Bible Study for lunch, then all going to the church to set up the rooms for Wed's Retreat and Luncheon.

I have to make something today to take to the potluck lunch, but I haven't decided what yet. Probably cookies. Kettlebells for later.

Gail, I don't mind the heat so much as I do the humidity, then when we get both together and get a crazy heat index, I just stop keeping track and stay indoors. You walk outside and your lungs don't want to breathe the air, you start to sweat but it never dries off because there's so much water in the air it has no place to go.

Slugger, I haven't been very good about sticking to plan either for the past week. I need to snap out of it.

Dgramie, Good job! I had a mini tramp for a while but I have horrible balance due to vision problems and I felt like I was falling off all the time. I gave it away.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #156  

Our low humidity definitely goes on my gratitude list. Although when it gets over 110, it's just hot. I always feel like I am breathing syrup when I go some place with high humidity.

I have to admit: since I have been eating better and getting a little exercise, I am feeling much better. I don't know if it is my age, or what. I never felt any different before when I cut out the junk.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #157  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

to the Newbies joining us this week ...

Gee, I posted last on Friday, and two pages have gone by. I had a glitch or something becuz a post I made disappeared last night then I couldn't get back into the site; but it seems to be working better today though. I had a bit of a munchy weekend, but managed to keep my total calories down with smaller meals, (thank goodness) but I don't want to repeat that again. Back on track yesterday (actually a bit low), but should be more normal today.

We have had some nice temps here -- in the 70's F and cool nights; it will be getting for the next few days though. WE planted some more bushes and beans this AM. DH also dug the remaining holes for tomorrow, then we are finally finished. We got fed up of waiting for the guy to bring the sand, but turns out there is lots of sand there already ... yeah!

Continue the good work ladies ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 07-10-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #158  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Just popping in to say Hi! I am getting back into the swing of things, although not perfect. I am enjoying my 6:00 a.m. walks. So peaceful out that time of day, and the dog likes it too. I think she is as out of shape as I am. So far DH has not been joining us. Have to think of a way to entice him out the door with us as he needs the exercise too.

I think losing weight should help us all with the heat, slim people don't feel it as much. Mnd you they feel the cold in the winter worse.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #159  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

At church, we ended up re-arranging a room full of chairs. There were only 3 of us, I was the youngest, and one lady had just had a knee replaced. So guess who did most of the work? Its not like I don't need the exercise!

I ended up making a pasta and veggie salad rather than cookies. I thought it was best to avoid temptation. My mother made brownies and it going to give me some of hers.

I did about 35-40min of kettlebells

Does anyone know if I can copy a workout off Youtube and put it on a DVDr so I can do it in the living room on the big TV rather than in the cramped office?
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #160  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

penguin - glad to hear you did not make cookies; those are my true weakness! I hope your retreat goes well!

gail - I am finding too that after being away from junk when I eat it I feel physically feel bad.

Stayed on plan today; drank all of my water; walked 2.6 miles in 40 minutes; and best of all I did not give into temptation!!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #161  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

Did well today - had a little sodium bounce this morning, but I think it will be fine tomorrow. Rest day yesterday (planned) and today ran (jogged) 4.5 miles.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #162  

My car thermometer said 99* when I pulled into my carport at a little after 9 pm tonight. Yikes! I might not go out and walk tomorrow morning if it is still that hot. If I do, my DH may find my bones bleaching in the driveway.

I went to dinner with a girlfriend. We had Salvadoran Pupusas which seemed to me to be kind of like a quesadilla. I looked it up and apparently they have about 300 calories each and I only had one which brings me in under budget, so to speak.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #163  

Thank God our heat wave broke, last week we hit 111 ( with no humidity,,unheard of in ky) and then the next few days 109 with humidity. THe 90s feel great after that kind of heat. I need to get out today and water the garden and do some pots. My poor pansies are done and mine normally last all summer long. Guess I will just wait for mums to come out in the stores. I love mums and cant wait to enjoy the bright yellow ones.

I did great yesterday and should be fine again today. I have company coming tomorrow and know we will eat out. Im asking for a box up front if we dont split the meal.
Going to jump again today and maybe even get some walking outside in today since its only about 90.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #164  
Starting stronger.

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning, everyone!

Gailr42 - I know exactly what you mean about not enjoying excersise. I want to like it more than I actually do. Very jealous of those that love it! I haven't found anything yet that I don't dread doing.

PP - Yay for not making the cookies! I know that would have been WAY too tempting for me.

Dgramie - Isn't it crazy that 90 feels cool? It's the same way here, although I hear it is going to heat up again after today. *sigh*

I've been doing okay so far on Paleo. I have one little cheat each morning (having a hard time giving up my morning bagel. I don't like eggs and the idea of eating meat or salad for breakfast turns my stomach) but other than that, it's been much less difficult than I though not to have sugar, wheat, and dairy. It helps that my DH is doing this with me, so we both have a good support system.

I haven't been able to weigh in yet because my scale's batteries went kaput.
DH replace them this morning, though, so I'll start my daily weigh-ins tomorrow.

I might be imagining it, but I do feel a small difference already in the way my pants fit this morning. Very small difference, but nice to have since I haven't had a scale.
Cita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #165  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

yay! Sodium bounce went away! Scale is down a little bit too, which is pretty satisfying.

Your heat stories remind me of last winter here. We had a cold snap (Digression: why is heat a wave and cold a snap?) that lasted for weeks and had us at -20 to -30F. When it finally warmed up to 0F again we were all feeling like it was a heat wave!
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote