Old 07-19-2012, 06:22 PM   #226  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

How do you deal with late night munchies? I'm sitting here and should be tucked up asleep, but my tummy is growling Which is silly as I've eaten plenty today, and went for a good long bike ride, and drunk lots of water!

What's going on? Pah!
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #227  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I can't sleep if I'm hungry so I drink some milk or juice or eat some fruit. Sometimes eat a mug of cereal
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:07 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I frequently have the same problem. By bed time, I am hungry. I have one very thin slice of very lean ham lunch meat (30cal), and six oz. of skim milk. The problem is that puts me over my limit for calories. I guess it is better than waking in the night and going to the refrigerator semi-awake and vulnerable to eating everything there is!
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #229  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Quote:
How do you deal with late night munchies?
I set aside some spare calories for that time, usually having a slice of cheeze/60 cals and/or a piece of fruit. Sometimes, I may have a mocha coffee or tea if I am thirsty too ... on occasion, if I am really hungry, I may have some cereal like PATCH.

Then I go to bed early, and read a book ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #230  

S/C/G: HW:319/RW:257/CW:193.0/GW:140

Height: 5'4"

If I get the munchies usually I will immediately go drink a glass of water and wait a few minutes to see if the feeling passes. Usually this does the trick; if not I try a piece of sugar free gum. If that doesn't work then I hit the celery sticks or baby carrots. Like Justwant2Bhealthy I set aside a few calories for a snack if I need it.

Happy Friday everyone!!
sluggerbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #231  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

I am with Penguin, I go for fruit and skim milk. It helps me.
Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:37 AM   #232  

Height: 5'7"

a string cheese gets me through the late night problem time..i rarely have it at night mine is more mid afternoon.
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:02 PM   #233  
Claiming Victory!

S/C/G: 283/273/245 1st

I was going back and forth with my weight loss but I finally figured out why. Depression was eating me up and I mean that literally! I lost 70 pounds and regained it all with an extra 20 pounds. It was awful!! I went through therapy and now I am doing so much better. My motivation is back and I am excited about eating right and working out. I couldn't get into my 18s and that was terrible. Now my 16s are loose. So awesome! I almost was up to 300 pounds. I finally started to get back on track at 294!! Now I am at 286 and my goal is to be a size 10 or 12 but no larger than a 12. I had a lot of emotional turmoil going on for years and years and through therapy and God's help, I am on my way to getting where I want to. I no longer feel hopeless and full of despair. I feel like I can finally do this. I had gotten down to 234 so I have small steps that I am taking and I feel very hopeful.
LuvMyMr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:14 PM   #234  
Rosebud

LUV ~ glad that you have found some help that is working for you. Sounds like you must be a tall lady too. This is a good place for you; we understand, and there's lots of support here ...

Well, would you believe after talking about the night muchines, that I got a craving for a peanut butter sandwich last night. Thank goodness, I had some spare calories and finished at about 1805 for the day; and it was my flex day too so that wasn't so bad. Now, it's back to my strategy of keeping the PB for my BF or Lunch instead ...

Oh, we all have those days, don't we? But it could have been a lot worse, and it wasn't, so that's a NSV in itself. Onward ho ...

We had a big thunderstorm last night that woke me up in the middle of the night, so my sleeping was a bit fitful. I should probably sleep really good tonight though. Since it was cool, I baked some muffins for the week (put them in the freezer). We are having roast chicken and veggies for dinner with lots left over for tomorrow too.

Have a wonderfully OP weekend everyone ...
Old 07-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #235  
Rosebud

Eating went much better yesterday; maybe even a bit low, but better IS better ... Today is going well too, I 'm glad to say. Just gonna have a tuna-potato salad for dinner tongiht; cool & light.

It's a bit warmer, but the fans are keeping us as long as I keep the windows closed to keep out the humidity. Hope you are all having a good OP weekend; and keeping as cool as you all can down there ...
Old 07-22-2012, 05:47 PM   #236  
Funky

S/C/G: 238/223.5/200

Height: 5'3"

So I went to church today for the first time in along time. I have been to embarrassed about my weight. But I have lost 13 lbs since May and I put on my dress today and the jacket was loose enough that I could button it up. It was a good thing.

Has anyone eaten delite pizza from Papa Murphy's pizza or is it just in my area? Delite is the pizza with the thin crust. I had a veggi delite pizza and it was good but I missed the bread. I will probably get used to it. Anyway I had pizza at half the calories. So I stayed in my calorie range.

Hope you have a great Sunday. Funky
LoseToAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:55 PM   #237  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I haven't felt very well the past few days so I've been taking it easy. Its rained off and on, the rain cools it off for a few minutes but then turns the city into a sauna. We get to go to the dentist tomorrow! So excited about that!

LUV, welcome glad to have you join us.

Rosebud. glad your better!

Funky, congrats on the dress/jacket fitting. We've never tried Papa Murphy.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #238  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone- I am just getting in on this thread. In 2010 I went from 258 to 214 and since then I gained it back plus 2 pounds. Nine days ago I made the decision to make a lifestyle change and not just go on a diet, so I started the Atkins way of life. I have dropped 8.6 pounds in the 9 days, I feel tons better already and I am not having physical food cravings. My mind is the problem. I think about what I can't eat, but thankfully there aren't physical pangs to go with it and I don't run out and stuff myself.

I am really trying to make myself believe that I can live without a gross amount of carbs and sugars, but mentally I am not there yet. I am Type 2 Diabetes so I know this way of life is best.

Anyway, I don't know how often I will pop in, but I know the more I hang around the forums the easier it is for me to make changes.
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #239  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Welcome newbies!!

I am doing pretty well with sticking to my cal intake per day I have not been working out much but I was able to get a great workout in yesterday! Im working my way back down to 217 today I wi at about 225-226 so Im very thankful for that. Lets keep pushing I know we CAN do it
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:28 AM   #240  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Welcome, TXMary2!

We had a weekend of getting everyone organized for college and our upcoming vacation plus another business trip for DH. My house is a mess, but with rain forecast for later in the week there will be plenty of time to take that on!

Food has been good; my few splurges have been within my calorie limits and I've been better about drinking water in the weekends. I got a couple of walks in, which felt good after all the hot weather keeping me inside.

The scale is moving little by little again and I'm longer obese! I had to drag out the sewing machine last night to take in some pants to get me through the rest of the summer. Even my "new" stuff is too big. When I restarted, I set a target of 50 pounds by 8/23. I've had two major stalls along the way, so that now seems unrealistic, but I'm hoping I can get to 45-ish in the next month. I know the fall and winter will be more challenging for me so I've gotta make hay while the sun shines!

I hope everyone has a great, OP day!

Last edited by mahtha; 07-23-2012 at 11:29 AM.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote