Old 06-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 307/263/165

Height: 5'9

ALEKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:15 AM   #47  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

By rearranging yarn, I emptied out two drawers in a small plastic dresser I have in my sewing room! So now I'm wandering around trying to find something to put in there. I have a lot of scraps and half used skeins that I'm trying to make hats to donate to our church's Streets Ministry this winter.

Hubby and I had a mostly lazy day. He did get some yard work and stained some trim for around the floors.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:01 AM   #48  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

We had a busy weekend with graduation parties and another wedding. I'm happy to report those are all behind us now I made good food choices, but I really need to get strict again - I haven't seen the scale move in a while. Back to basics this week and we'll see what happens.

Have a great day, all!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #49  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

I'm another regainer relosing, I'm afraid. I lost most of my weight in 2010 very successfully. Last year, in 2011, I ran 2 triathlons. Unfortunately, my partner was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer and I kind of didn't handle that particular stressor very well at all. Things are still pretty rough in that part of life, but it is a bit more stable and he's still with us.

Probably the thing that irritates me the most is that I LOVE being fit. I loved being able to swim for two hours straight, to bike 30 miles, or run 5 miles. Or all three (in smaller quantities, though). I got used to not being fat and being able to do those things without looking like a whale on wheels, so to speak.

So, here I am again, sharing my pained embarrassment and commitment to getting back to where I was. I'm eating well and starting to work out again.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:01 PM   #50  
Gizmo

I feel like a yoyo these days. One week I'm down, the next I'm way back up. Can't say that I've been staying on plan at all these past 3 weeks, but then why would my weight go down at all? It's like my body is taunting me and then the weight goes right back up, I am confused

So we figured out that one of the reasons that my husband and I haven't exactly been eating well lately is because we are not doing the dishes regularly because of this Summer heat. Embarassing to say, but when dishes are piling up, we do not feel like being in the kitchen to cook at all, so we keep ordering out or eating toast. So after ten years of talking about getting a dishwasher, we finally bought one over the weekend. I have never in my entire 37-year existence owned a dishwasher, but this should help keep the kitchen organized and more inviting to cook. Now I'm off grocery shopping for some healthy foods for the week.
Martine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #51  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Quote:
Originally Posted by calluna View Post
Probably the thing that irritates me the most is that I LOVE being fit. I loved being able to swim for two hours straight, to bike 30 miles, or run 5 miles. Or all three (in smaller quantities, though). I got used to not being fat and being able to do those things without looking like a whale on wheels, so to speak.
THIS. Oh my goodness, this. When I first lost weight, it was the first time in my life I'd ever not been obese (that I could remember). It was awesome. The light-footedness (literally!), the energy, the stamina, the strength...I miss that so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martine View Post
So we figured out that one of the reasons that my husband and I haven't exactly been eating well lately is because we are not doing the dishes regularly because of this Summer heat. Embarassing to say, but when dishes are piling up, we do not feel like being in the kitchen to cook at all, so we keep ordering out or eating toast.
Yes, me too (though I don't have a dishwasher). Thanks for the prodding to get all my washing up done today....
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #52  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

We had nice temps the last two days; in the 70's which is really nice, so we spent a lot of time outdoors just enjoying it. I read a little bit for a while too. Today, we had to do some errands in the AM. In the afternoon, I did some watering and dead-headed my peony bushes; then, we put up hangers for my climbing vines to climb skyward on. We made them out of wire clothes-hangers and that worked really well.

Eating has been going really well for me this month; and I am very happy about that. Tonight, we had shepherd's pie on green beans. We have that about once a month; it's one of DH's favorites, but I like it too. I love to have green beans as well as they have few calories and are filling.

Have a great week coming up, and be nice to yourselves ladies ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:04 AM   #53  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calluna View Post

Probably the thing that irritates me the most is that I LOVE being fit. I loved being able to swim for two hours straight, to bike 30 miles, or run 5 miles.
Quoting this as well, because I SO relate to it. I am slowly working back up to these levels again, and it can be frustrating because I want to be THERE instead of working up to there. On the other hand, it feels AMAZING to accomplish the small goals that will take me there.

Rebelle - I am so trying to have patience as one of my biggest weapons this time around. Because I want to know enough to make this sustainable long-term. Yay for you for getting this info!

Martine - Congrats on the dishwasher! I'm exactly the same way. I don't cook if I have to do dishes first, then it gets all cyclical.

Sue - Great job maintaining through graduation/wedding season. Exciting that you are doing the long-term thing and getting serious about the losses again.

ALEKS - I share your enthusiasm for the gym, and not to be boastful, but - I KILLED it at the gym today. Going in, I felt tired even walking from the parking lot to the door, and I thought it would be a "drag through it and just get it done" session, but after my warm-up, I felt AMAZING and ran for longer and faster than I have for years. So nice to have an unexpected easy-but-super-productive gym session!

I am so worried about long-term success, but for now, I'm celebrating getting through each day and establishing new habits and embracing new foods and exercise routines. I feel so much better when I'm nurturing my health!
LaurieDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 AM   #54  

We had errand running day today. Not very fun but stuff that needed to be done, and the heat sucked the fun out of everything anyway. I did find a beautiful dark green pashmina type scarf at Hobby Lobby of all places. A 40% off coupon made it $9 including tax!
Old 06-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi! I am still around. Have been struggling - but, am turning it around. I must learn that food doesn't solve stress, pain, frustation, emotions, etc. Also, that being out of town and going to celebrations isn't a liscene to eat just anything I want.

I got on the scale yesterday and was up three pounds. I got on the scale today and was down those three pounds. Am grateful for that. I am still ten pounds higher than in January.

I did a 'bend & twist' yesterday and have lower back pain. I also need to learn to follow my intuition about what I can actually do when it could impact my lower back. When it feels good... then I think, "oh I can do that". I guess I can't drag the hose over to the tomatos, even though I want to. Not fair...oh well.

I will move forward.

Thanks for your support.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #56  

I'm trying to come up with a newexercise rotation with kettlebells and kickboxing. I've been doing the same workouts for so long I'm bored, and I need to clean up my eating. A woman on my exercise forum posted a weekly rotation that I liked and may copy with a few tweaks.

I'm also thinking I may need some sort of gimmick to keep me interested or on track. Such as a daily list of things I need to do and check off. We did this in the Beck system, but its the Beck list, maybe I would do better with the Penguin list, LOL.

Joy, sorry to hear about your back, but I'm glad to hear from you.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #57  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Good morning, everyone!

Beverlyjoy, it is good to see you. Sounds like things are pretty rough on the lower back. Certainly I hear you on the food regarding stress, pain, etc. I need to develop some better coping mechanisms.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #58  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

BEVERLYJOY ~ yes, we are glad you have come by again; we miss your bubbly posts. I would be ecstatic to have gone through what you have and not gained one single pound! That's a great victory in itself! ^Prayers^ going up that your back feels better soon; look for another way to water those tomatoes that won't hurt your back. I get my DH to drag hoses and carry water jugs; he doesn't mind ...

We filled up our half barrels with mixed soil this AM, and then I planted them today. I planted the last of the onion sets, 4 kinds of lettuces, and two kinds of green beans. I hope to have lots to put in the freezer when they are ready.

We're having WP salmon fish, veggies, and salad for dinner tonight; think I'll add in a brown rice mix to round it all off too. The weather is lovely again today; in the mid-70's which is really nice.

Have a great OP day ladies ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #59  

I did 45min of kettlebells. I started with 10lbs then moved up to 15. I might have gone higher but my next size up is 25lbs. Snicker, I might have to go shopping! I added on 25min of stretching because I don't want to be sore for the next few days.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #60  

I did 45min of Plyo cardio today. Hubby texted that he had to preform a 'surprise' inspection today so will be late again.