Old 09-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #496  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm glad to be back. The last couple of days have been good for me. I still have not been to the gym, but planning on it. Just giving myself a few days of eating then going to add the gym.
Luara sounds like you had a busy day. I love to scrapbook or anything with paper crafting. If you've stayed on plan for 6 weeks thats so impressive I think 1 day will be ok.

Caroline the little girl is lucky to have you there. I hope you find the help that you need to feel 100% better. I here ya on the not being able to sleep. Sometimes it is so hard for me to sleep.Then when I finally do fall asleep I'm being woke up by my 4 year old at 6 in the morning. Blah...

Penguin that seems like perfect logically thinking. I wish I can say I like excersise. I have to say sadly I hate it and despise it. I'm trying though..
sassyangies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #497  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Angie, I didn't like PE, hated sports and didn't start to exercise at home until 06, 20 years after HS I might add. I didn't like it at first but the more I did it the more I like it. Cardio and I don't get along to well, but I like lifting weights. Its a way to challenge myself to work harder and 'see what I can do".
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #498  
Laura

Location: The beautiful Pacific Northwest! Tacoma, Washington

S/C/G: 330/268/150

Height: 5'7"

Smile

well I did not make my goal to be at 299 by today's weigh-in. I am at 300. But I'm ok with coming super close (yesterday the scale said 299.8 and today it said 300.1 and I was thinking I might get even closer to the goal if I had to go #2 but I didn't so I'm just being grateful that I did as well as I did with a sore back for the majority of the last week.

Today I thought my back would be ready for Piyo Strength (insanely hard cardio) but I think that was a bit lofty of a goal for me. Gonnna work out but skip that class. Would rather save my back for jogging tomorrow. I miss doing my c25k so much since I haven't done it since last mon.

everyone enjoy what is left of the labor day weekend. hugs!
Chubbygirl253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 02:16 PM   #499  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

CAROLINE ~ I agree with Penguin -- that was an emotional, adrenaline-filled experience rescuing your niece, then with TOM just at the door, your hormones were in full kilter. Don't be too hard on yourself about all this. I often found myself for nothing, then invariably, TOM would show up within a couple of days or the very next day; and I knew that it was the cause of the waterworks.

One time, in my teens, I was in a baseball tournament; and one of the girls broke her leg in two places, becuz of stubbornly standing on a base. I just couldn't stop crying over it becuz I felt so bad for her. I knew part of the problem was that TOM had come to visit that morning (I was so sick from it that I had even on the way to the game). As it played out over the week, the waterworks stopped too. I used to get so sick just before TOM came and esp on the first two days. It's amazing but true, that hormones can affect us that much!

LAURA ~ I'm glad that your back is on the road to recovery, but be careful not to overdo it; please give it the time it needs to fully heal. What are you putting into your scapbook? Have you thought to do one on your WL journey? Might be a nice encouragement for you along the way; and for later on as a reminder too!

PENGUIN ~ I like lifting weights too; and I have a repertoire of toning exercises that are helping me tone up and get stronger that aren't that difficult either. I love to do "chair dancing" while listening to music. Often, I do that with my earphones on while I am just catching up on my reading here too. It's fun to boot ...

ANGIE ~ I didn't get much sleep last night either; my DH kept waking me up everyhour, starting at 4 am. I find that now than I'm older that I don't sleep as soundly now; it is more fitful than when I was younger. Lately, I have been making a point of spending more time outdoors in the fresh air and walking around to help myself sleep better. DH sleeps in the afternoon &/ early evening (8 pm) then he's up before the crack of dawn; maybe I'll have to encourage him to stay up a bit later (to 9 or 10 pm at least) ...

We're having nicer weather here too; it's with temps around 77 F right now. Nice day to spend outdoors. Have a great OP day everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #500  

I cannot wait until the weather here gets cooler. I'm afraid were going to probably have to wait a month or two. We are still 107 or so with allot of humidity the last week or so. Makes it so miserable. Any working out I do do will be in the gym for now. Glad you guys got some nice weather. It's so nice to be outside.

Laura.. great job in the weigh in. Your almost there and your right doing the #2 probably would've pushed you right under, but it's great that your not letting it get you down. I know how frustrating it can be. Especially when your so close to the 2's. You will probably see the drop tomorrow. Good luck!!

Penguin... I'm the complete opposite in high school I was on the water polo team, track, swim team, and loved anything sports. My husband and I played baseball on our city team when we first got together. I don't know what happened. I never have eaten well, or even known how to eat well even back then and I think all the activity I was doing it just didn't matter. When all that stopped and I started working it just got out of hand. Blah!! I hate it. I just wish I could rewind time and start working on my weight back when I started gaining. I was so comfortable and I was always happy I just didn't worry about it. I so wish my Mom or Sisters or someone talked to me back then and encouraged me to get healthy. Owell, no use worrying about that now, but I feel like if I don't think about the past I might not be able to fix the future. Or should I forget the past and move on? It's a hard one... My family life was unstable back then and my husband blames that for me not being able to control my eating, but I feel like if I talk about it I'm just blaming my weight on something else other than the real reason which is me!
Something to think about I guess.
Sorry for the rant.... Off to work.
Angie
Old 09-02-2012, 06:57 PM   #501  

Today I did about 45min of weights

Angie, I tend to get the munchies and want a lot of chocolate around TOM and I've been giving into the cravings because its TOM and there's nothing I can do about it right? Well, I need to get myself under control. I AM ultimatly responsible for what goes into my mouth, hormones or not.

Chubby, which system is Plyo Strength from?

Rosebud, once I've started the workout I'll usually stick with it but getting started in sometimes a bit of a challenge. I've blown off workout because I'd have to put shoes on.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #502  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hey guys! been busy and havn't had a lot of time to type!

Im up a little today, but that has to do with gorging on bad food late at nite!

Having a rough weekend. I think our puppy has parvo. It's breaking my heart and I cannot find a vet ANYWHERE to take my emergency call! We are just trying to keep her ok and hydrated.. but it doesnt look good. Im hoping someone will return my calls or the puppy holds on till tuesday! So sad.... been crying all day and just don't want to think about it for a few minutes..

ANYWAY.... i need some workout dvd suggestions.. im sick of the biggest losers ones.. i need some fun stuff!
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 10:57 AM   #503  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Mountain Mama, I'm so sorry about your puppy. That must be terrifying. I can't believe there's no emergency vet service in your area, but I'm so used to living in the 'city' that I forget not everyone has access to those kinds of services. I hope everything works out and someone returns your call soon so you can at least get some peace of mind.

As for workout videos, the Shaun T Rockin' Body videos are fun dance workouts, but they're not inexpensive. They're part of the Beach Body family of workouts (P90X, Insanity, etc.) but they're not nearly as challenging as his Insanity series.

If you have Netflix there are a bunch of dance workouts on there that I enjoy. Try a few of them and you'll probably find a few to add some variety to your workouts. I also like the New York Ballet Company's workout, but it's not cardio so much as strength/core/calisthenics. I'm still off really hard cardio, so I'm trying to maximize strength workouts at the moment.

196 this morning, despite the fact that TOM is due tomorrow. I'm pretty happy with that.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 02:50 PM   #504  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

thanks for the ideas thistoo I dont have net flicks, but Im going to go no amazon and look around this evening. I like the dancy ones, and my DF always gets a kick when he walks by and see me flailing like a fish out of water! hehe
mountain mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 03:20 PM   #505  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

That is pretty much exactly how I look when I do them too!
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #506  

Hey ladies.. Hope everyone is having a great Monday. I was 301 this morning so I obviously woke up in a good mood. I wish sometimes that I didn't loose fast in the beginning. Because like someone else said you get cocky and then crash.. lol.. At least I do. Good day so far. We went swimming at my Mom's and gonna have a BBQ tonight at my Sils. We rarely do family stuff because I don't have allot of family here and someone's always fighting with someone so I'm going to be happy that we can get together.
I'm on track with eating. Should be drinking more water and I'm working on that now. I was excited to see Clif bars on sale at my work. Normally I don't buy stuff like that because they are way too much, but they're on sale for .69 each so for me that's awesome. I get the kid ones so there's not so many calories. Those got me through the weekend at work so easy. So might have to keep doing that on the weekends when Im at work.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Angie
Old 09-04-2012, 12:20 AM   #507  

I just realized we are at 505 posts so I'm going to start a new thread for September.

new thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ml#post4457166

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 09-04-2012 at 12:24 AM.