Old 04-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #226  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Well, I haven't weighed myself for a few weeks, but I got on today and it was down 7. That was good. I needed that! If I hadn't lost anything, I know I would have been very discouraged. I had a really rough weekend, so I am not strong enough today to handle anything but a weight loss!!! ha!

Hope to have a good week! And I hope everyone else does too!
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #227  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

DIANE ~ That's good? 7 lbs gone forever -- that's fantastic! That's one reason why I prefer to spread out my weigh-ins too. Congrats to you ...

Texscrapper ~ that's right, just get right back up on that wagon, and continue on even if you hold a little water weight; that will eventually come back off anyways ...

Ya, we got that ***** storm overnight -- woke up to a winter wonderland out there -- so DH and I put up the new aluminum blinds in the kitchen this AM. They look great. Now, just 2 to go and we're all done.

Have a great day everyone ...
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 06:55 AM   #228  

Height: 5'7"

just a quick fly by to say hello!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:23 AM   #229  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Thanks Justwant2be - I know there will be weekends (or weeks) where I am off - that's life. I just need to remember that I have to stick with it.

On a positive note, WI was today and I am down another 2.2 pounds
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #230  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Hey guys. Diane, congratulations on the 7 pounds! That's fantastic.

I am hanging on by my fingernails at the moment. Work is crazy, my diet hasn't been great, and I didn't make myself work out yesterday. I just wish TOM would start so I could stop bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. It's really inconvenient.

My weight is up like 3 pounds, which I hope is TOM-related, but I haven't been that great about my diet so who knows. Either way I'm frustrated. And hungry. I'm fasting today and I will go to the gym at lunch and run on the treadmill, even though I don't want to.

I hope you're all doing better than I am!

Last edited by thistoo; 04-17-2012 at 10:13 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 234.5/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

199.8 this morning! Back into Onderland!
CurryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #232  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostangel05 View Post
Awesome! Great Job!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
I am hanging on by my fingernails at the moment. Work is crazy, my diet hasn't been great, and I didn't make myself work out yesterday. I just wish TOM would start so I could stop bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. It's really inconvenient.
Aw... hang in there. I wish I didn't understand the tears issue. But I'm there with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texscrapper View Post
On a positive note, WI was today and I am down another 2.2 pounds
That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
just a quick fly by to say hello!!
Glad you flew by! Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Ya, we got that ***** storm overnight -- woke up to a winter wonderland out there
You handle snow way better than I do. It makes me really grumpy.

Not much to say today. Just surviving the day..... ugh.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #233  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Hey everyone
Still OP, still no loss, still frustrated. I wish I could identify what the heck the problem is becuase I'm really starting to lose motivation here.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:30 PM   #234  
Rosebud

Quote:
LOSTANGEL ~ Congrats to you; what a marvellous milestone!!!

TEXSCRAPP[ER ~ now, you see -- often when we think we've done terrible, the scale decides to surprise us: yeah -- 2 + lbs gone forever!!!

SUE ~ are you keeping track of other NSV's like inches & sizes? What kind of plan are you doing? Kinds of foods? Exercise? Work? May help us to give you some tips?

This winter, I upped my protein & veggies; and started cycling my daily calories (1800; 1600; 1700; 1500; 1750, etc) -- I really think that helped get things moving downwards again. I lost 2-3 lbs per month; while that is slower than some people, that's great for me. Since I started out higher than many losers here, I have hit more plateaus too; so finding helpful strategies is important for me.

DGrammie & everyone else too ... still a bit more ***** this AM, but the is shining brightly now.

TIP of the Week ~ do one maintenance day each week to change things up a bit, i.e. 1800-2000 calories.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:06 PM   #235  
Sue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy;4297434[B
SUE ~ [/B] are you keeping track of other NSV's like inches & sizes? What kind of plan are you doing? Kinds of foods? Exercise? Work? May help us to give you some tips?
I'm following Weight Watchers Points Plus and trying to keep pretty low-carb since I have a hard time with carbs and portion control. I'm keeping to 27 points a day and with rare exception not using activity points or weeklies. (For a few weeks I was struggling to eat enough points per day and didn't lose.) I've tried high, low, and cycling points with no change in results.

Breakfast is usually a hard boiled egg or yogurt, fruit and 2 cups of coffee with milk. Lunch is a salad (veggies only) with grilled chicken and low-fat ranch dressing or turkey/pita/lettuce/mustard. Snack is either snow peas, pea pods, or fruit, once in a great while microwave popcorn or a granola bar. Dinner is veggie-heavy with grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, chicken sausage or a stir fry with similar ingredients. Some nights include a starch, most do not. Twice a month or so I'll have pizza or pasta and I'd say I average 4- 6 glasses of wine per month but I'm completely anal about counting every point I eat or drink and I measure, measure, measure. I plan my week on a spreadsheet trying to be sure every day I'm at budget and nutritionally balanced. I also log as I eat/drink on my phone app. If schedules change during the day and I find I'm low on points after dinner I eat a pudding cup or a skinny cow ice cream sandwich - all pre-portioned.

Consistent exercise has been a struggle, but I've been doing a lot of yard work, painting (ie 5 hours of squats on Saturday painting my deck). I do walk at least 3 days a week for 40 minutes or so. Prior to Feb 1 I was doing zero.

I drink 8-10 glasses of water M-F, less on the weekends because with errands and such there's not always a ladies room handy...

My clothes are looser but I haven't dropped a full size yet. I didn't measure before I started.

I'm really at a loss here. Last night I seriously considered saying f it and going back to my old ways, which was the first time I've felt his way since I restarted February 1. (FTR I didn't, I stayed OP)

Clearly patience is NOT my strong suit. I appreciate everyone's support.
Old 04-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #236  
Rosebud

SUE ~ do you think that you are eating at least 1200 calories a day? I did a rough tally and even though I don't know the exact amounts, seems a bit low to me (like under 1200). Have you tried eating more? Like 1500 calories a day or the points for that equivalent? Just wondering ...

You could just be in a plateau, which will require patience, but sometimes upping your calories for one day, may help a bit. When was the last time you lost any weight?
Old 04-17-2012, 07:36 PM   #237  
Sue

Rosebud, since the WW formula is proprietary, I'm honestly not sure! I've heard people say a point calculates to 35 or 40 calories so at fewer than 30/day I'm probably not reaching 1200 calories. It's been more than 3 weeks since I've lost anything. Big picture that's not a long time, but it sure feels like eternity when I have been so careful.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:04 AM   #238  

Sue - Are you really only at 27 pts per day? I know that I am a good bit heavier than you, but at 5'4 and 296 I get 44 points per day. do not exercise and I still manage to lose each week.

Not sure of your other stats, but I used this free Points Plus calculator - it was within 1 point of my correct daily allowance (http://www.exercise4weightloss.com/p...allowance.html) and it looks like you are undershooting your daily point values. (I plugged in your height that is listed at 5'7, and current weight listed at 207 lbs. I guessed an age - I put 35 years old - not sure how close that is!) It gave a daily Points Plus value o 33. If this is the case, that could be why you aren't losing.

Just trying to offer some suggestions!

Last edited by texscrapper; 04-18-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:43 AM   #239  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Sue, I'm with everyone else. I know it's scary, but try upping your points/calories for a couple weeks and see what happens. Maybe don't weigh yourself during that time so if there's a slight bounce up it won't freak you out. You're not going to gain if you up your calories by a couple hundred, and it might be just what you need to get things moving again.

You can do this! I know how frustrating it is to figure out exactly the right balance, especially when you're being really strict and nothing's happening. Your clothes being looser means *something* is working, though (probably the walking is helping tone you) so maybe if you up your calories your body will realize it's okay to let go of more weight.

Maybe add some nuts to your snack, if you can eat them? An ounce of almonds is packed with nutrition and gives you a good calorie punch without adding a ton of extra food. I eat walnuts and raisins as my mid-morning snack, and sometimes almonds in the afternoon. Since you're not avoiding dairy you could add an ounce of good quality cheese as well, or maybe more yogurt. I'm not a big fan of dairy, but I know it doesn't bother everyone.

I'm still hanging in there, weight still way up. I fasted yesterday but still managed to take in nearly 1200 calories for the day, which I'm not supposed to do. Oh, well. PMS makes me ravenous, but as soon as $#%! TOM starts my appetite will settle down. I hope that happens today. I cant taking feeling like this much longer.

Last edited by thistoo; 04-18-2012 at 06:44 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:36 AM   #240  

thistoo Hope that today goes better for you.

Gearing up for another looonng work week/weekend. Itseems like the activities and projects never stop!