Old 04-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

It's been a busy couple of days! My son & DIL had a a baby on Monday... A wonderful healthy girl. I am so excited and grateful. My eating was off... but, now it's on.

Food is much better today. Saturday we are going to visit my son, dil, gs and new gd. I can't wait to see them all. Monday morning, I will fly to California to be with my sister for eight days. When I get home, then I am going back to my son's house to 'help' with the new baby. DIL's mom is in town she can help first. My son is taking two weeks off from work to be at home with the new baby.

As it turns out - it will be over two weeks away from home & out of my food 'comfort zone'. That will be a challenge for sure. I just changed my flight meal to low calorie - because who know's what it would be otherwise. Credit! I am going to send my sister a list of a few things that I like to have around for eating. Credit. I have thought about my food plan and how I can adapt it to being away. All this being said and done... depends on my willingness to do what needs to be done. I can come home with more weight, less or the same. It's up to me. I am scared, kind of. I'll take my Beck 'stuff' & journal with me.

Life seems so busy - good busy, though.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #212  
Cool Chick

S/C/G: 283/227.2/180

Height: 5' 10"

Hey all. I sort of disappeared...vacation and then Easter threw me off plan and I haven't gotten up the guts to get on the scale. But tomorrow morning I will. I'm back on plan today and have tried hard to get my water in. My weight is the same whether I'm aware of it or not, so I may as well be aware and use that as motivation to work out and eat well.

I can't remember who posted about Greek yogurt, but I only get the plain one and eat it with about 3/4 c. defrosted frozen berries and 2 packets of Splenda.
heathermichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #213  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Thanks, everyone! I am back up to 194.2 today, as per usual, but that's fine. That '3' sure was pretty while it lasted! I'll follow my usual routine of spending most of the week getting back down to my low weight, then maybe drop a little more in the eleventh hour. Or TOM will start and I won't lose anything this week! But that just means a bigger loss once it's over. Maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtha View Post
I'm still plugging along. Was hoping for a drop this week but managed to show a gain this morning despite being under points almost every day. I know it's not a real gain, but still discouraging. I feel crappy in general this week so the disappointment is magnified. I'm hoping I'm not getting the stomach bug D17 had earlier this week, but heck, that might help me lose a couple pounds I'm obsessed with hitting that 20 pound mark and I want it NOW. <sigh>
Sue, sorry about the disappointing weigh-in. I think we can all relate to that kind of frustration. I was really obsessed with the 20 pound mark too, so I will be over here cheering you on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnl View Post
Just really wanted to say hi to everyone.
Hi Diane! I find checking in here, even when nothing's going on, helps keep me focused, so I'm glad you stopped by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
Well, the snow melted, but it is still a bit cool here. Tonight, we are having a pasta dish -- DH loves the creamy mac one with mushroom sauce & veggies; sounds like a plan ... yum!
Mmm...pasta. I miss pasta. Then I remember how it makes me feel after I eat it and I don't miss it so much anymore. Stupid gluten. I hope your dinner was as delicious as it sounds! And that the snow is gone for good. We are having freeze warnings at night right now after weeks of 80+ degree days. It's really weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
My son & DIL had a a baby on Monday... A wonderful healthy girl.
Congratulations! That's so fantastic. And it sounds like you have a lot of excitement in your near future. It's good that you're starting to plan already. You'll get through it! Just remember to enjoy yourself, though with a new granddaughter, I'm sure you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathermichigan View Post
Hey all. I sort of disappeared...vacation and then Easter threw me off plan and I haven't gotten up the guts to get on the scale. But tomorrow morning I will. I'm back on plan today and have tried hard to get my water in. My weight is the same whether I'm aware of it or not, so I may as well be aware and use that as motivation to work out and eat well.
It's so hard to drag ourselves back on plan after disruptions like that, as we all know. Good to see you back! I hope the weigh-in wasn't as disastrous as you feared. But if it was, you know what to do. We'll all be here cheering you on!

Okay, that's (more than) enough out of Susie Sunshine. I'm actually not even in a good mood today. I'm just good at faking it on the internet. Have a nice Thursday, everyone. Only one more day to the weekend!

Last edited by thistoo; 04-12-2012 at 10:37 AM.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #214  
Shrinkin' Salsa :P

S/C/G: 127/122/72 (kg)

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone, Salsa checking in here.

Having a hard time My work is so stressful that even thinking about going in the next day leaves me feeling like I'm crippled - I know that sounds stupid, sorry. But it just seems to paralyse me and I'm left not being able to do anything all day.

I didn't go for a run this morning, but I figured that I could use today as a day off. I ran on Tuesday, and then on Wednesday I cycled to work and back, so tomorrow I'll get back out there (nice n early) with my ipod

In food news - I'm thinking about blending fruit and veg to make juices/smoothies to have at breakfast time. Do any of you have any experience with this?
salsa chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:26 PM   #215  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I'm sorry you're having a hard time, Salsa!

I am a breakfast skipper/intermittent faster, and that helps me stay on plan much better, so smoothies wouldn't be great for me. Nothing wrong with trying them, though, especially if to add whey protein to them or coconut milk.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #216  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

SALSA ~ yes, I've made them with milk, a banana, and frozen strawberries &/ blueberries, with vanilla whey protein powder. Once I even added a bit of cucumber; didn't even know it was there -- the fruit covers it. I also added a tsp of berry metamucil for fiber which added to the flavor; but it makes it thick & bubbly & filling.

Sorry, your work is that stressful; it's a tough time to change jobs too. Maybe some yoga and meditations could help you rejuvenate in between work days.

CAROLINE ~ I'm glad gluten doesn't bother me; the only thing I have to watch is ice cream (lactose intolerant), which I have subbed with yogurt ice cream but I haven't even had any of that since last year sometime. If I eat cheeze in small portions, I'm OK.

BEVERLYJOY ~ congrats on the new grandbaby; boy, you are gonna be busy for sure. All that planning ahead should help a lot; hope you have a nice trip!

We had all day today, so we went shopping; perfect day for it. Temps were around 50 F; not too bad. More of the same is expected for tomorrow -- yeah! Hope you all have a Fabulous Friday ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-12-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:39 AM   #217  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone!

Congratulations Beverlyjoy, that's such exciting news!

Heather, welcome back! We all fall down and get back up. Don't be a stranger during those times you're down - we're here to help pick you back up if you need it.

Salsa, I feel your pain. I had a job like that a couple of years ago and it was incredible how it affected my life, my relationships, and especially my health. to you and hopes that things turn around soon. Can you escape for a little while each day to go for a walk? Cranking some tunes and clearing my head was the only thing that kept me sane during the workday.

Caroline, congratulations, you're doing so well! I really admire how you've plowed through the challenging days to keep getting those great results.

Justwant2Bhealthy, that pasta dish sounds yummy, will you share the recipe?

Slashnl, it's nice to see you!

texscrapper, I have to admit I don't know what the fuss is about the greek yogurt rage, I think it's the most vile stuff I've ever tasted! My kids love it, so every once in a while I take a bite thinking my taste buds will come around. Nope, it's still a sour gloppy mess! Eggplant on the other hand, yummmmmmmm!

dgramie, here's to hoping those blood pressure meds will be a thing of the past soon. My BP dropped pretty significantly once I cleaned up my diet.

Mandy, Congratulations on those inches lost, that's really a big acomplishment.

I've really struggled with eating enough this week. I haven't felt well all week and have been consistently under points each day (some days by a LOT) and still no movement on the scale. I wish I knew what the secret formula was to all of this.

Last edited by mahtha; 04-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:19 PM   #218  
Rosebud

SUE ~ No problem: it's a very easy family recipe (my mom's called CREAMY MAC). We called it that becuz for our large family, we used elbow macaroni & more meat, but now we use different kinds like rotini (cork screw), or even fetticini sometimes too.

While pasta of choice is cooking, brown 1 lb lean hamburger; drain fat. Add a chopped onion + garlic powder & black pepper (I just use 1 tsp each) + 1 tbl onion or beef soup base + 1/2 cup water + any veggie that you want to add (chopped mushrooms or frozen peas, carrots, or corn). Just cook until onions are tender, and add one can of cream of mushroom soup & 1/2 cup water (if you like more sauce, use more). Stir in well, and simmer, covered until bubbly & hot; serve sauce mixed in with, or over the pasta. I don't add salt, but you can season this to taste. Makes enough for 4 servings.

Seems lots of people here like eggplant; maybe I should give it another try, as I am always looking for new veggies ... I didn't make it the last time; a friend made it in a sort of a mixed veggie hash with tomatoes (zucchini, eggplant, okra, spinach, tomatoes, onions, & garlic stir-fry). I suspect it was the okra that ruined it for me, so might try the eggplant fried with tomato sauce & mozza on top like someone I know suggested.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-15-2012 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #219  
Sue

S/C/G: 225/185/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justwant2Bhealthy View Post
SUE ~ No problem: it's a very easy family recipe.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. I'll definitely try this, thanks for sharing!
mahtha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #220  
Diane

S/C/G: 294/258.0/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsa chip View Post
Hi everyone, Salsa checking in here.

Having a hard time My work is so stressful that even thinking about going in the next day leaves me feeling like I'm crippled - I know that sounds stupid, sorry. But it just seems to paralyse me and I'm left not being able to do anything all day.
Oh Salsa, I get this all too well. My job situation last year is what made me a regainer. I totally get the feeling of being crippled by it. You just can't get over it long enough to live your life. I'm so sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistoo View Post
Okay, that's (more than) enough out of Susie Sunshine. I'm actually not even in a good mood today. I'm just good at faking it on the internet. Have a nice Thursday, everyone. Only one more day to the weekend!
But we LOVE Susie Sunshine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
It's been a busy couple of days! My son & DIL had a a baby on Monday... A wonderful healthy girl. I am so excited and grateful.
That's so exciting!!!! So happy for you!

Quote:
I've really struggled with eating enough this week. I haven't felt well all week and have been consistently under points each day (some days by a LOT) and still no movement on the scale. I wish I knew what the secret formula was to all of this.
Hang in there mahtha! It is frustrating, I know!

Had a week of no workouts, but I'm ok. It couldn't be avoided, but I'll be back at it again next week. Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Slashnl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 02:45 PM   #221  
Rosebud

RE: CREAMY MAC RECIPE (above) ~ I was thinking that for those that are doing lower carb, that you could put the mushroom sauce over sauteed, shredded cabbage, or zucchini strips. I love to have green beans sometimes for some of the pasta too.

SUE ~ DH said it again: Mmmmmm, I love this! So, I asked if that was a hint, and he said yes; so I promised that I would make it every other week (or twice a month for him). Usually, I vary the pasta meals each week (on Wednesdays), but we'll just have the spagetti & meatballs one week in between, and on the fourth week have the penne with the bacon-sweet pepper-cheezy-tomato sauce.

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-13-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 09:13 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi! Thanks to folks for your nice good wishes at the birth of my granddaughter. We will drive there tomorrow to meet her. Then drive back for me to catch a flight to LA where I'll be with my sister for 8 days helping her... she had a surgery. Then, I"ll be back home and then go back to where my son/dil/gs/&gd live. Lots of running around. Whewww

I've packed my Beck book and have my cards for reading. I ordered a low calorie meal for the plane. (I didn't even think they fed folks anymore)

It's going to be a busy next two weeks.

I need to be careful and thinking about making wise choices. I will plan the best I can.

I will have to use other people's computers while I am gone. I hope I can check in everyday.

Thanks again, folks.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:57 AM   #223  
Caroline

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
I have to admit I don't know what the fuss is about the greek yogurt rage, I think it's the most vile stuff I've ever tasted!
Fact is, when I started eating paleo and gave up dairy, my first thought was, "Oh, thank God, an excuse never to eat Greek yogurt again." My coworkers are all big fans and they just CANNOT understand why I don't love it. (Um, because it's gross?)

So I haven't checked in for a few days. I haven't fallen off the wagon or anything, but it's been a weird week and I've been struggling some. I'm sure it's mostly that TOM is due in a few days, so I'm hormonal. I'm really trying not to let it get the best of me.

Yesterday I went dress shopping, which was maybe not the smartest move when I'm already feeling moody, but either way it was a reminder of just how far I still have to go. I've been doing really well and I was feeling good about my progress -- I still am, don't misunderstand -- but looking at myself in those #%!@ dressing room mirrors reminded me of how much weight I put back on and how far I have to go before shopping is fun again.

I haven't done it in so long that I still remember *liking* to shop, you know? Trying on dresses at this weight is just frustrating, because my top is a M-L, but I'm still a solid XL on the bottom, so nothing fits right.

My weight has been kind of all over the place this week, which isn't really helping that much. Yesterday I was all the way down to 192.6! This morning I am back up to 194. And that's fine, I am used to fluctuations. I'm just trying not to obsess about the number until after TOM is over and things get back to normal.

Anyway, I hope you're all hanging in there. I've been trying to keep up with posts, but for some reason when I think about responding I just get exhausted and wander off. I'm trying to be better.
thistoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #224  
Rosebud

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Food has been good this week; happy about that. We filled up the small birdies feeders with seed to use it up and give them something for when they have their babies. We had to chase away some young rock doves though -- so sneaky, hanging in the trees and knocking it out for their friends. I swear, they are becoming acrobats ...

The temps have been steady in the 50's F for most of this week; but they are predicting they will plummet for the next few days, and we may get some more ***** ... eeks, so we will have to bundle up again. And, I just started wearing my spring coat too!

Thursday: had leftovers & a salad for dinner.
Friday: chicken breast tenders, corn, and salad.
Lazy Saturday: soup + pastrami/chz sandwich.
Sunday: fish + sliced tomatoes and salad.

I have some healthy banana loaves in the oven right now for DH's snacks for the week; good way to use up very ripe bananas, and he loves it. Will put some in the freezer for later on too; but I have to nab them quickly or he'll eat them all up before I get them in there.

CAROLINE ~ that's so true about the clothes shopping; there's nothing like trying on clothes to make you realize that you have a long way to go yet (at least, I do) ... Oh well, I'll just make my present clothes last a little bit longer.

Hope you all have a wonderful OP week coming up, ladies ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-15-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 354/252/180

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone - what a week!

I fell off the wagon this week - I don't think I did too bad - pobably ok to maintain my weight, but I am not counting on a loss. Hubby boiled crawfish and shrimp for us on Thursday. That was fine, but the weekend has been my undoing. I should have been drinking massive amounts of water to flush out all the sodium from the crawfish boil, but I didn't. Then we went out to eat a few times. I ordered better than my old self,and i stopped when full, BUT ..... no tracking, no measuring, not enough water

Anyway, I'm back to tracking tomorrow. Hoping that WI is not too bad tomorrow as well.

Hope all of you are hanging in there!
texscrapper is offline   Reply With Quote